**Ball vape comparison megathread** Compare your balls.

Which ball vape do you prefer?

• Flowerpot B0

Votes: 47 18.9%
  • Flowerpot B1

Votes: 70 28.1%
  • Flowerpot B2

Votes: 43 17.3%
  • Old Head freight train

Votes: 25 10.0%
  • Pinky

Votes: 19 7.6%
  • Qaroma Ceroma \ Quartz

Votes: 25 10.0%
  • Qaroma Taroma 2 \ XL

Votes: 29 11.6%
  • DC ELEV8R with Rubies.

Votes: 24 9.6%
  • Cloud connoisseur Halo \ Atlas

Votes: 24 9.6%
  • DDave Extraction Contraption

Votes: 3 1.2%

• Total voters

average_joe

That is my build when it was just finished, after a couple weeks I made it more tight against the glass, super cheap to make and works amazing compared to my GSV (I dont have any other experience with ball vapes sadly) I would say it feels the same but it was way cheaper to make, less hot area and safer in case it breaks. At the honeymoon face I was so so happy and used it a lot, nowadays it never gets turned on as I find myself using the SB Hydromaxx most of the time (it doesnt have the same great flavor but I love the quickness, I dont leave my vapes on, I have a cat) and even before I had the SB I was back using my Enano, XQ2 or even the Tetrax with a bong regularly instead of my ball vape because I really like to use my desktops with friends or in the bed while watching movies and a vape with the exposed heater wasnt the best for me (a friend burnt my carpet and I burnt my quilt when getting too stoned). So that is my experience with ball vapes and I wanted to share it to show the random forum viewer that even thou ball vapes are being loved by so so many, still it all depends on ppls needs and there's no vape to suit us all.
If anyone wants more info about my build I will be happy to share but its as simple as the photo looks. Sorry if I didnt make an awesome comparison I just felt like telling this after seeing too many ppl overhyping ball vapes on reddit like its the best vape you can have nowadays but if its out of place I will just delete and again my apologies.

Last edited:

yeswecann

I don't like the throat strain that can come from a tight convection draw
It's taken me a while to figure that out. I have now throat issues due to vapcap's immensely tight draw and want to move to a ball/injector set up. I wonder how much irritation is due to tightness vs convection vs vapor temp.?

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
It's taken me a while to figure that out. I have now throat issues due to vapcap's immensely tight draw and want to move to a ball/injector set up.

Tetra P80 if you can get one is a great option for open air flow as a portable, TM is quite good too, but yeah the wider you make the bowl the better so an injector is of course a great choice for that at home!

yeswecann

Tetra P80 if you can get one is a great option for open air flow as a portable, TM is quite good too, but yeah the wider you make the bowl the better so an injector is of course a great choice for that at home!
Thanks. Heard P80 was really open but I'm ready for a desktop. Can one still do okay with 14 mm glass and a ball vape? I like the Upline knock-off you posted on Reddit. Would it be best to use an 18 female/14 male with that piece or would 14/14 be okay too?

Shit Snacks

Thanks. Heard P80 was really open but I'm ready for a desktop. Can one still do okay with 14 mm glass and a ball vape? I like the Upline knock-off you posted on Reddit. Would it be best to use an 18 female/14 male with that piece or would 14/14 be okay too?

14 mm pieces are fine they just milk up quicker and do restrict the draw a bit further, if you really want the widest open air flow then you should stick to all 18, but also that upline rig is especially restrictive and I wouldn't recommend it for your situation... I only use it with really open vap clean screen

yeswecann

14 mm pieces are fine they just milk up quicker and do restrict the draw a bit further, if you really want the widest open air flow then you should stick to all 18, but also that upline rig is especially restrictive and I wouldn't recommend it for your situation... I only use it with really open vap clean screen
Not sure how open I want/need since my only reference points are Js and shitty bongs in college annnnd vapcap (like two ends of the draw spectrum). I like that tha piece was compact but with good volume and interesting percolation. The mouthpiece is odd though, What else might fit the bill for me? I have a Hemper Turbine…too small for baller…not bad for vapcap. I would like that fairly open, quick milk, thick but not too hot vapor in 5-10 seconds.

yeswecann,

Shit Snacks

Not sure how open I want/need since my only reference points are shitty bongs in college annnnd vapcap (like two ends of the spectrum. I like that tha piece was compact but with good volume and interesting percolation. The mouthpiece is odd though, What else might fit the bill for me? I have a Hemper Turbine…too small for baller…not bad for vapcap. I would like that fairly open, quick milk, thick but not too hot vapor in 5-10 seconds.

Yeah the mouthpiece makes it pretty restrictive, otherwise I would like it more to, they sell an Ash catcher version that you could pair with a nice right angle hook, get multi-purpose used that way... I've shared a wide variety of rigs if you check the cheap glass thread in the glass section

Shit Snacks,

GoldenBud

Underdog SC3+ is my overall hardest hitting vape.... it's out of stock, but check for Alpha/Alpha+ which are in stock (SC3+ has an open airflow)
Z8 is also an option which should be tasty but not sure it's in stock

GoldenBud,

RedZep

I would love some comparative analysis of the new Freight train Pro and the B0.

I know I'm buying one of them. But it's hard to gauge. I'm hoping some of you have both.

Doesn't have to be which one is superior, more about which one has which strengths over the other.

Shit Snacks

I would love some comparative analysis of the new Freight train Pro and the B0.

I know I'm buying one of them. But it's hard to gauge. I'm hoping some of you have both.

Doesn't have to be which one is superior, more about which one has which strengths over the other.

I never heard of the FTpro, but between those and the TKO, I don't know if they are priced comparatively, the TKO seems like the best one imo from my minimal reading

Shit Snacks,

Texus

I never heard of the FTpro, but between those and the TKO, I don't know if they are priced comparatively, the TKO seems like the best one imo from my minimal reading
Haven't used the TKO yet but really like what I see in terms of its modularity. Some very nice design features there.

And other than my early Qaroma which I suspect just isn't getting a great seal, I am not seeing/experiencing huge differences between ballers.

So things like modularity, aesthetics, price, ability to do double deckers (B2), length of recovery period after each bowl etc can be bigger factors in the decision.

Last edited:

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Sorry, what is the TKO that a few of you are chatting about? I can't find an obvious meaning for the initials when I look around or search.

Texus

Yeah I simply just mean their design looks the most thought out for best performance
18mm adapter is on the way apparently. link
That's part of the modularity I like. Dig that the wood on the infinity bowl should make it enough cool to the touch but the ability to use the growing number of injector bowl options remains preserved.

EarthworldTim

I wish them good luck with that strategy....
This is why I passed on the freight train even though I suspect it would work ok with standard injector bowls but the extended length injector portion made me second guess and go with taroma lite instead.

The holes on the tko look about the same size as the lite but they appear to have a tighter grouping.

Texus

This is why I passed on the freight train even though I suspect it would work ok with standard injector bowls but the extended length injector portion made me second guess and go with taroma lite instead.

The holes on the tko look about the same size as the lite but they appear to have a tighter grouping.
However TKO also has the option for more airflow as well. And the Gas Cap is a neat idea tho not sure I'd necessarily use it personally.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom