**Ball vape comparison megathread** Compare your balls.

Which ball vape do you prefer?

• Flowerpot B0

Votes: 48 19.0%
  • Flowerpot B1

Votes: 72 28.6%
  • Flowerpot B2

Votes: 44 17.5%
  • Old Head freight train

Votes: 25 9.9%
  • Pinky

Votes: 19 7.5%
  • Qaroma Ceroma \ Quartz

Votes: 25 9.9%
  • Qaroma Taroma 2 \ XL

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • DC ELEV8R with Rubies.

Votes: 24 9.5%
  • Cloud connoisseur Halo \ Atlas

Votes: 24 9.5%
  • DDave Extraction Contraption

Votes: 3 1.2%

• Total voters

jkeyes98

Thank you for showing interest in my work!

I would hate to mislead anyone, so first and foremost. Yes, those are the TIODW pro and bowl.

I am an individual vape maker who is making in very low batch quantities, this puts me at two great disadvantages: Individually built units are very expensive compared to mass production, and machined parts out of titanium are ridiculously expensive in small batches. Because I did not want to use a stainless steel airpath; I decided to re-engineer the TIODW since it is a TI option that is easy to modify, and the tests I had done on its composition came back clean.

You will find that the modified vape head hits extremely differently than the original, I spent a lot of time fiddling with customized SS setups to increase the thermal capacity, while still allowing the vape to heat properly in its cradle. the final setup weighs over 4 times what the original weighs (not including the handle), and you will find that the placement of the SS enclosure does a very good job at conducting heat into the bowl and back into the rubies. This leads to an extremely even temperature hit, that lasts a VERY long time. Check out the video on my Instagram highlights to get an idea, I clear a half gram bowl, with no reheats, the temp set to 560 of the PID.

I hope to be able to use a proprietary TI head, and a bowl made by a local glassmaker in the future, but until I can produce in larger quantities I will have to make do, otherwise I would not be able to put my product out at a competitive price point.

If anyone has any other questions about The Altar, do not hesitate to ask!

Did you modify the head in any ways other than swapping the handle ring for a thicker SS one?

Sounds like the Chalice bowl is the one from B2C? because if it is I don't believe that one works with 22mm heads, only their 23mm heads. If it is the one from them I'd be careful claiming that it works with any other 22mm diffuser head. When they first came out I tried one with my Zeal it immediately got stuck and broke, when I reached out to them they said they are only compatible with 23mm diffusers that they sell.

I've heard the TIODW pro works great on the screwball bowl tho.

altarvape

Did you modify the head in any ways other than swapping the handle ring for a thicker SS one?

Sounds like the Chalice bowl is the one from B2C? because if it is I don't believe that one works with 22mm heads, only their 23mm heads. If it is the one from them I'd be careful claiming that it works with any other 22mm diffuser head. When they first came out I tried one with my Zeal it immediately got stuck and broke, when I reached out to them they said they are only compatible with 23mm diffusers that they sell.

I've heard the TIODW pro works great on the screwball bowl tho.
Thank you for this information! You have probably saved myself, and my customers from future headaches! my homie said the bowl works with his CH head, and it measures 22mm on my calipers, so I assumed it was universal. But I will update the website information to reflect your experience!

Yes, the head has been modified beyond changing the ring and handle.

I noticed that with the original head there was a hotspot at the center of the bowl, this area would always be significantly darker than the edges. this meant additional stirring to avoid an early popcorn taste. There was a lot of experimentation, vaping countless bowls with different ruby, and screen setups (not gonna lie this was a very fun part of the design process). I ended up deciding on a screen for the bowl side that slowly decreases the hole diameter and quantity as you move to the center, and omits a hole in the center completely. I found that the custom titanium screen, as well as adding a layer of 4mm rubies to the bottom, leads to a balanced draw that directs more heat towards the outsides of the bowl, greatly reducing the need to stir.

Reducing the amount of stirring necessary makes for a much nicer experience, since the added weight of the stainless steel means you can kill a fairly large bowl without needing to reheat.

Last edited:

coolbreeze

Flower Kettle prices have come down, enjoy some premium roasting/twaxing:
KIT prices have been just been PERMANENTLY REDUCED since I now run all aspects of the company!! :tup:

Flower Kettle Premium KIT used to be $499, NOW $419! $80 Discount
Deluxe KIT used to be $749, NOW $669! $80 Discount
Master KIT used to be $849, NOW $769! $80 Discount

I'd like to personally thank you guys for all the continued and unwavering support of our little, local, American made/designed, Colorado family company!

Cdwhit

I hope this is appropriate for here, but the thing that bugs me about ball vapes is that I’m a messy clutch, and shouldn’t have hot things sticking out there unprotected. I would love to find something as safe as my XQ2 or maybe a log vape. Has anyone incorporated a ball vape with PID etc, but housed in something like a small log vape so I can’t burn myself or my house so easy?

Cdwhit,

coolbreeze

I hope this is appropriate for here, but the thing that bugs me about ball vapes is that I’m a messy clutch, and shouldn’t have hot things sticking out there unprotected. I would love to find something as safe as my XQ2 or maybe a log vape. Has anyone incorporated a ball vape with PID etc, but housed in something like a small log vape so I can’t burn myself or my house so easy?
Got you:

coolbreeze,
Reactions: mixchu69

SatanLovestoVape

Oh boy, a lot has changed in the two years I've been gone. I took a two-year tolerance break from Mary Jane because my habits were getting out of control. That was before the ball vapes craze happened. I remember the Weedeater and Vrod being the kings of the desktop vapes, and then here come the ball vapes. My first ball vape was a Terp Torch; it was literally a soldering iron. It's laughable nowadays. I recently started vaping again and finally upgraded my Weedeater to an F22 with the help of Scott from Vgoodiez. The benefit of the F22 is that it is significantly lighter than my old Weedeater head. I also get the benefit of vaping at lower temps with the F22. After using my F22 for a month, I found out about wireless ball vapes. What the fuck? Here I am, jumping into this rabbit hole of VAS. VAS will never go away; it will only get stronger.

Top Bottom