BAKx - bake all kinds

the_hexx

Team Hash
Hello community. Any updates on where to get 510 extension cord? Already seen the comments about making your own but I am not sure about it. There are many options online but not sure if the quality is good (happened to me with heat sinks, cheap ones stopped my tetrax from working properly) and the ones sold by Lamart are too expensive for me. I would appreciate if someone knows a reliable source that ships worldwide and if you have the experience of knowing it works that would be sweet. THANKS!
Divine Tribe have some 510 extension cables and Recommended Vape Supplies I believe have the same ones if you’re in the UK/EU. However I’ve seen mentioned that these are very stiff.

I bought a custom cable that cost more than the Lamart ones and it’s the best Bakx-related investment that I’ve made. These things are expensive but elevate the Bakx experience for sure, especially if you use a water piece.

axilla101

My BAKx is arriving today!! Ralph already set up the profile/resistance in my mod, so it should hopefully be pretty plug+play.

Question for experienced users: should I think about the BAKx temp settings the same way I do in my convection devices-- TM2, Venty, Volcano? Wasn't sure if I needed to shoot for a higher/lower temperature with a conduction device, or whether it's all the same principle at work.

Let me know what you think-- or if you have any other tips/tricks!! I usually like to keep my temps below 400F, but I'm open to trying different things with the BAKx.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
My BAKx is arriving today!! Ralph already set up the profile/resistance in my mod, so it should hopefully be pretty plug+play.

Question for experienced users: should I think about the BAKx temp settings the same way I do in my convection devices-- TM2, Venty, Volcano? Wasn't sure if I needed to shoot for a higher/lower temperature with a conduction device, or whether it's all the same principle at work.

Let me know what you think-- or if you have any other tips/tricks!! I usually like to keep my temps below 400F, but I'm open to trying different things with the BAKx.

I use super low temps in everything especially to start... If you skim through here you will see some variety, but if you follow the manual setup, yeah I run very low and longer... There are a lot of variables though including the mod and how you like it so test, but I would test low to avoid combustion of course and easier way up

Shit Snacks,

axilla101

I use super low temps in everything especially to start... If you skim through here you will see some variety, but if you follow the manual setup, yeah I run very low and longer... There are a lot of variables though including the mod and how you like it so test, but I would test low to avoid combustion of course and easier way up
Thanks! Definitely down to start slow and low-- I know the BAKx needs a little time to heat up, and it sounds like the load needs time to warm up too (as opposed to a convection vape)?

I love temp stepping with most of my devices-- is that something a BAKx does well, or am I better off keeping it at a stable temp?

As far as knowing when a bowl is "finished", is the principle the same as convection devices-- just take steady pulls until you start to see weaker/wispy clouds?

Last-- do flowers/hash/concentrates all extract at similar temperatures, or do I need to run hotter/longer for concentrates?

WHERE IS THAT FUCKING MAILMAN????? :lol:

Shit Snacks

Thanks! Definitely down to start slow and low-- I know the BAKx needs a little time to heat up, and it sounds like the load needs time to warm up too (as opposed to a convection vape)?

Yeah even though it can be used on demand, it is a bit more session oriented, and conduction is never as instant as convection regardless yep

I love temp stepping with most of my devices-- is that something a BAKx does well, or am I better off keeping it at a stable temp?

Definitely, same principles would apply, I start really low with a whole nug temp stepping up slowly to get a good extraction for my liking...

As far as knowing when a bowl is "finished", is the principle the same as convection devices-- just take steady pulls until you start to see weaker/wispy clouds?

That is also theoretically the same although it depends on your temp settings and desired extraction level, I often like to go by taste, sometimes you can scorch a little, on the sides closest to the walls, with a whole nug or ground load, but it depends on the temp setting and the amount of time heating without draw as the heat can build along with the vapor... Visually you definitely can see it thick and thin accordingly so I always recommend that, I use mine pretty much exclusively with WPA and other glass pieces whether it be dry or wet..

Last-- do flowers/hash/concentrates all extract at similar temperatures, or do I need to run hotter/longer for concentrates?

And yes of course, this is why I would not really like to combine them, herbs need much lower settings... However I have tried smearing nugs with a little bit of oil, ideally just scraped from the dirty stem itself, and it does work well too... Different experiences, so need to experiment and adjust accordingly for your preferences and set up details along with the varying materials

axilla101

For those of you using a 27100 battery in your BAKx-- what battery % do you let it go to before you replace/recharge? 50%?

I know you're not supposed to let it get SUPER low-- but wasn't sure how far you could take it before potentially/unnecessarily shortening the battery life etc.

(I have one of the Hadron DNA mods, if it matters)

axilla101,
Reactions: passenger

passenger

is this thing on?
.. I run it down to 4% each time in my Thelema solo ... until now I did not recognize a worse performance than before.

passenger,
Reactions: Momor

btka

How I can clean the bakx, especially the glass vial in the bakx? Q-tip and iso?

I would like to have a box or something where I can put the bakx when I want to go somewhere. Is there something which also fits in the pocket?
I would like to use it on the go, but it feels so fragile…

One of my magnets is loose, which glue is recommended to glue it back?

Also how do you clean the stem with beads? I tried to soak it in iso but it did not cleaning totally..

Fesob_31

Uhu Max Repair for the magnets: make sure you glue the right side of the magnet.
I clean the glass vial with q-tip and ISO, the beaded glass stem with ISO and and ultrasound cleaner eventually.

Bababouy

I use a large “Ewok elevator swab” from heady swabs with iso when it is cool. I don’t tend to find a ton of need to clean the inside vial unless I combust. For the beaded stem I will soak in iso then hook it up to a hose with hot water to blast all the gunk out. I just took a fire hose fitting hooked it up to the utility sink and then used some silicone hose. This setup has been fantastic for cleaning everything and with a gong whip adapter this can make quick work cleaning pieces as well.

I actually ended up ordering a couple of plain glass stems because I am finding the beaded stem too restrictive

Anyone know when the next expected Bakx drop will be? Unfortunately I didn't have the funds when the February drop was announced. I only use traditional hash and I'm looking forward to use something that a) more portable and b) doesn't use a torch.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Anyone know when the next expected Bakx drop will be? Unfortunately I didn't have the funds when the February drop was announced. I only use traditional hash and I'm looking forward to use something that a) more portable and b) doesn't use a torch.
Ralph said on discord that the shop will be shut down soon for up to 6 months. Although he did mention "other outlets", I have no idea what that means.

Shit Snacks

Oh no! Say it ain't so!😞

Yeah so you should keep an eye out on the used market, and there is someone in Europe who is also going to be selling kits for them, that's what GY was referring to with other outlets although it might be more expensive to get from there I think he is putting together different type of kit and I can't remember who it is exactly but have seen on Instagram and in the lamart discord

Yeah so you should keep an eye out on the used market, and there is someone in Europe who is also going to be selling kits for them, that's what GY was referring to with other outlets although it might be more expensive to get from there I think he is putting together different type of kit and I can't remember who it is exactly but have seen on Instagram and in the lamart discord
Thanks SS, I’m in Canada 🇨🇦 but will check out IG. Alternatively, how can I connect with lamart on discord? I have an account set up but have yet to actually use it.

Shit Snacks

Thanks SS, I’m in Canada 🇨🇦 but will check out IG. Alternatively, how can I connect with lamart on discord? I have an account set up but have yet to actually use it.

Here is an invite link:

Ralph is also on IG as lamart.ch so that is where I've seen him sharing from the other person who will be selling some BAK kits

Here is an invite link:

Ralph is also on IG as lamart.ch so that is where I've seen him sharing from the other person who will be selling some BAK kits
Hey SS, if I can't get my hands on a Bakx, would a good alternative for traditional hash be a FW9? or is it fair to say that the Bakx is in a league of its own?

Shit Snacks

Hey SS, if I can't get my hands on a Bakx, would a good alternative for traditional hash be a FW9? or is it fair to say that the Bakx is in a league of its own?

I think the FW9 is a great alternative in general, but I can't say if it is good for traditional hash or not, I've never tried that in BAK either, you could ask over there?

Trulukkyphrank

hey! I have both devices and the firewood 8/9 works nice with hash on top of the bowl for some extra flavor+vapor ime but the herb is always spent before the hash is. (tried also vapewool but was not so nice..)

The bakx is for hash on another level. It can handle pure hash just with a mesh screen which unlocks the true potential of hash. Sometimes I put 0.3g in it and it keeps on producing vapor for like 20minutes. Crazy!

hey! I have both devices and the firewood 8/9 works nice with hash on top of the bowl for some extra flavor+vapor ime but the herb is always spent before the hash is. (tried also vapewool but was not so nice..)

The bakx is for hash on another level. It can handle pure hash just with a mesh screen which unlocks the true potential of hash. Sometimes I put 0.3g in it and it keeps on producing vapor for like 20minutes. Crazy!
This is great info! Can't wait to get my hands on a Bakx unit.

Top Bottom