BAKx - bake all kinds

GoldenBud

We own two BAKx. One is on the Thelema Solo the other on the Lost Vape with two 16850 Frank was selling too. Both are configured by Frank.

With the BAKx on the Solo, we start at 180 degrees going up to 185. The other BAKx needs 217 degrees to produce vape.
Who is Frank? One of Ralph's friends which help him?

GoldenBud,

FrostyGeode

TM2 / BAKx / CC-Omega
I am having very similar issues to the ones you’re describing, got it with the evic vtc dual as well.

Asked about this on Lamart’s discord and tried a bunch of stuff, the last thing I was told to try was to screw the unit tightly so that it aligns with the mod ( the way I had it screwed on before was diagonal to the mod but I felt uncomfortable screwing further).

Seem to be getting better results but need to experiment more, will report back. Still the temp and wattage on the mod seem to fluctuate a lot, from cold start I go up to 70 watts and then suddenly plunges to 1 and stays there for a while, then goes up to 20, back to 1 etc. Still haven’t figured out if this is normal.

If you try to screw the unit further pls be careful as I was told it can break!

Exact same thing here regarding screwing
down. I heard it could break too so I screwed till it stopped rather than when it was tight. End of last session I went from same diagonal position to inline with the mod hoping it might help but hasn't changed.

have you tried with/without a heat sink to check if it is a issue with the connection to the mod?
I dont go over 180C with herb

No, I have thought about it though. Similarly to screwing it down enough this has been my go to guess for inconsistency. When I first tried the Bakx I had it so loose worrying about breaking it and it didn’t heat up much at all, so I’ve always been weary of connection issues.
Numbers mean nothing without a needle thermometer. some people may not like my message, but I tested the BAKx for many hours with and without a needle thermometer, that's the truth.
The BAKx brings good taste around real 200C slow/medium draw (30-40 seconds of soaking is needed) . real good. not like the Tetra at 200C, but still good.
The Tetra brings a pure taste. *but, my opinion about taste could be subjective.

*If you have a Wismec Predator, I can tell you that TCR=185, resistance locked=0.193, probably if you set Temp=210C, it will be around 210C. but idk about the VTC Dual. I think about 0.204, but not sure.

Interesting, I don’t have those mods but I might try that.

FrostyGeode,

FrostyGeode

TM2 / BAKx / CC-Omega
I’ve entered tubo power where I can only adjust wattage, how on earth do I switch mode 🫠

FrostyGeode,

Rainerw97

I’ve entered tubo power where I can only adjust wattage, how on earth do I switch mode 🫠
Copied from the manual @ https://shop.lamart.ch/index.php?route=product/category&path=85_84

Enter Main Menu
hold the fire and '+' buttons until you see the menu on the display.

Activate power (wattage) mode
In ‘menu>vaping>modes’ activate power mode by setting ‘power’ to ‘Y’. enter main screen edit mode by clicking fire the amount of times you set it in 'menu>interface>clicks' for "edit" until top line flashes. Press ‘+’ until you see ‘TUBO Power’ and select with the fire button.

Do the same to get back to 'TUBO' mode.

Hope it helps

FrostyGeode

TM2 / BAKx / CC-Omega
Copied from the manual @ https://shop.lamart.ch/index.php?route=product/category&path=85_84

Enter Main Menu
hold the fire and '+' buttons until you see the menu on the display.

Activate power (wattage) mode
In ‘menu>vaping>modes’ activate power mode by setting ‘power’ to ‘Y’. enter main screen edit mode by clicking fire the amount of times you set it in 'menu>interface>clicks' for "edit" until top line flashes. Press ‘+’ until you see ‘TUBO Power’ and select with the fire button.

Do the same to get back to 'TUBO' mode.

Hope it helps
Legend - thanks so much, I was looking for that on the site.

Managed to get back to normal but god knows how I got there as it wasn’t even set under ‘clicks’.

FrostyGeode,
Reactions: Rainerw97

the_hexx

Team Hash
Do people experience inconsistency with the Bakx (I assume not) but with some sessions 230 is a great temp and others 230 does absolutely nothing no matter how long I leave it to heat up. I end up putting it higher and higher with not much happening then once it’s at 260 it makes black avb + a few hits that are too hot. It’s almost as if it’s not heating up sometimes.

I’m using the joyetech evic vtc dual, from Ralph and it has Lamart profile installed and is configured to heater.

Any ideas?
Unfortunately my issues seem to persist as well.

Typical session: mod reaches temp, watts go up to around 70, stays there for a bit, I get one good hit.. and then it plunges between 1 and 5 watts, at this point it just doesn’t get hot enough to work. Worth mentioning that I did have a great bowl last night where everything worked as it should, kept an eye on the watts and they were always 20 and upwards throughout the session. But that was just an exception it seems.

Do you have the same, meaning that watts are staying low (1-5) throughout the session?

the_hexx,

FrostyGeode

TM2 / BAKx / CC-Omega
Unfortunately my issues seem to persist as well.

Typical session: mod reaches temp, watts go up to around 70, stays there for a bit, I get one good hit.. and then it plunges between 1 and 5 watts, at this point it just doesn’t get hot enough to work. Worth mentioning that I did have a great bowl last night where everything worked as it should, kept an eye on the watts and they were always 20 and upwards throughout the session. But that was just an exception it seems.

Do you have the same, meaning that watts are staying low (1-5) throughout the session?

This sounds pretty spot on, last bowl I saw it was low 1-5w but thought it just does that to regulate temp. Didn’t watch to see if it went up again. Defiantly feel the loss in heat after first hit too. Sometimes you get a gooden then nothing until you up the temp and start cruise again.

Having better results after raising the coil res as per the instructions.

‘increase coil resistance if BAKx seems too cool compared to displayed temperatures’.

I’ve set to 0.219, it gets much hotter than before on lower temps - 220 is what 250 used to be like most of the time, will have to see if this helps the inconsistent results I was getting. Defo get why people are saying about needle thermo to get it dialled in.

olysh pops

I'm also having trouble reaching high temperatures with the bakx mounted on the evic vtc dual. And tightening the bakx a little solves the problem.
I'm interested in your feedback on the coil resistance.

FrostyGeode

TM2 / BAKx / CC-Omega
Ok, I tried a digital stick thermometer (I know works). I’ve done a few tests putting it down the chamber and using the straight banger stem so no screens were in way. The batteries in my evic vtc dual are brand new bought together and married. The bakx is screwed down firm but not tightened.

In short, my results (All tested cruise mode):
Completely random temps every time.

Long version: Sometimes the temp climbs, sometimes it doesn’t. It won’t heat on one cruise mode and go 280+ on another (both set at same temp on mod). Or it might stop at any number in between.
Changing mod temp does nothing (most tests done at 220). Temps displayed on mod screen are completely off actual temps.

Changing the coil res didn’t change much- it did seem to make it hotter down lower, not sure.

The wattage usually sits 1-5 unless its heating hard then it’s round 70. When it does heat up it always stops and the temp will drop despite having a lot of cruise time left.

This explains why some sessions have been great on first few hits but got cooler till I’m no longer getting anything but the avb is still light. And why I’ve had such inconsistent results at the same temps with same setups.

I’m assuming the reason will be a faulty evic dual?

the_hexx

Team Hash
I’ve reached out to Ralph, I only just got it late Dec and mod box is also from him.

It appears not many people have had experiences like this, so I guess I’m special 😅
It seems there's three of us here, so not that special :)

My unit and mod are on their way back to Switzerland, apparently I'm getting a replacement. Still not sure if the problem was with the connector of the Bakx or the mod itself, I don't have access to a second mod to experiment. It does seem like people with the Evic mod are reporting issues, but I guess that the sample is so small that one couldn't come to a conclusion without testing each unit separately.

Last edited:

FrostyGeode

TM2 / BAKx / CC-Omega
It seems there's three of us here, so not that special :)

My unit and mod are on their way back to Switzerland, apparently I'm getting a replacement. Still not sure if the problem was with the connector of the Bakx or the mod itself, I don't have access to a second mod to experiment. It does seem like people with the Evic mod are reporting issues, but the sample is so small that one couldn't come to a conclusion without testing each unit separately.

Ah ok, very much in the same boat then (I don’t have access to second mod either). I guess the bak will be going back.

FrostyGeode

TM2 / BAKx / CC-Omega
Just wanted to update on here as I solved my issues elsewhere - the problems I was having was not screwing the BAKx into the evic dual enough.

A lot of people are careful after hearing that screwing down too much can break the bakx (which is true) BUT not having it screwed down enough will lead to connection issues that make for inconsistent heating, no heating and more.

I had it screwed down till it stopped on the body of the evic. This wasn’t enough and I had to go past what I was comfortable with and then even a bit further before it now works perfectly.

So get it screwed down tight, not floppy on the mod or easily loosened. Don’t go over tightening past where it feels solid, unless you have my issues, then maybe make small movements tightening to see if wattage stabilises (shooting to 70 at start of cruise and settling around 20’s is correct I think).

And always reach out, the community is super helpful.

Terpentino

Quentin
I am completely new to 510 mods. Recently looking for a 510 boxmod that is best to use with the bakx. Should be available in europe. Which one can you guys recommend?

Terpentino,

Likun

So I've just found out about this new lamart device...
May anyone point out the difference to the P80? Are they even comparable or do they serve different purposes?

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
So I've just found out about this new lamart device...
May anyone point out the difference to the P80? Are they even comparable or do they serve different purposes?

Yeah just read the thread? Starting from the beginning seeing some photos should tell you exactly what's different... Completely different sides of the lamart coin really

Nebelmann

Good luck to anyone trying to score a bakx tonight. Are there many differences between Japanese oak #1 and the others? Or is it better to choose all oaks if you really want that wood? It my first time, so not sure about the choices you can make and how many

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Good luck to anyone trying to score a bakx tonight. Are there many differences between Japanese oak #1 and the others? Or is it better to choose all oaks if you really want that wood? It my first time, so not sure about the choices you can make and how many

Not sure what you're asking exactly? There are different types of oak, so Japanese oak is a certain type, you can Google to find info about specific wood... Depends on the you send application though once it's worked etc... The different options mostly just look different here? Choose the one you want and try to snag it in time (what many choices?)

Shit Snacks,
Top Bottom