BAKx - bake all kinds

passenger

is this thing on?
yeah i treid this software. the DNA100 Profile is no Problem because its an .ecig file
The DNA Material File is as .csv file.
So its not possible to upload an excel file🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️

greeez
Don't think you need to upload that to your mod though, it's not mentioned in the manual at all

passenger,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
yeah i treid this software. the DNA100 Profile is no Problem because its an .ecig file
The DNA Material File is as .csv file.
So its not possible to upload an excel file🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️

greeez
It should be a csv (comma separated values) file, not an Excel file. Have you opened it in another application after downloading it from Lamart?

Grass Yes,

Hippie

Install Escribe on your computer
Connect your mod to the computer
in Escribe there should be materials tab
You need to add a new material to the available materials list and import the csv file
then send it to the mod

GoldenBud

but how does it help to find the materials lab if the BAKx coil is not a regular ss-coil but some huge coil/heater? I'd just set TCR 0.00185 and reduce 0.021 from cold resistance. In my opinion, everything that Predator mod/tubomyevic settings can be configured to, DNA can do too. but never had a DNA mod connected to a PC in my end. so..... it's still just an opinion. but i'm 99% sure.

we already learnt in the discord channels that it's not TCR=185 in the DNA settings, but 0.00185. but it should work. I'd skip (probably) the material thing, or using material (TCR=~90=~0.0090) with cold resistance locked. around 0.212~ locked.

IMHO, the materials tab is working as long as you've got a regular coil. attach bigger/heavier coil, and it's a different story.

GoldenBud,

Fesob_31

I disagree.
Making assumption like this (true or not) mixing acronymes, software differences, numbers, zero point, coil, “material” and systems it’s just not useful.
The configuration and material files are available. The manual is available.
What else is needed by the end user?!

This is the BAKx thread, not the place where to debate about firmware differences.
If this is the interest then another thread is needed.

GoldenBud

Making assumption like this (true or not) mixing acronymes, software differences, numbers, zero point, coil, “material” and systems it’s just not useful.
The configuration and material files are available. The manual is available.
According to what I was reading, if the coil is bigger heavier etc it is not like just reading material and the TCR changes so it's not a regular ss316l anymore but custom TCR. ss316l configuration is for average size SS coil but bakX is much bigger than average

GoldenBud,

Hippie

No
You'll need to create a custom material file of your own (using the page pictured above) and input the TCR in the format you described earlier (sorry I forget how many zeros but I think you're right) by hitting the button bottom right, filling in the box, and saving .... before you send it to the mod

GoldenBud

No
You'll need to create a custom material file of your own (using the page pictured above) and input the TCR in the format you described earlier (sorry I forget how many zeros but I think you're right) by hitting the button bottom right, filling in the box, and saving .... before you send it to the mod
Ok thanks a lot good to know!

GoldenBud,
Reactions: Hippie

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Do I need the custom settings? I was hoping to use the p80 mod standard out of the box…

Stock firmware? That's never a good idea because there is an auto fire limit for 10 or 15 seconds you'll have to keep tapping it and there won't be any way to adjust TCR for setting up temp control

Shit Snacks,

zeus420

Install Escribe on your computer
Connect your mod to the computer
You need to add a new material to the available materials list and import the csv file
then send it to the mod
thanks for the help. did all this. Profile is loaded over to the DNA Mod and it is not Showing the BAK Material/Mode.
only the stock one's are showing up.
dont know what to do... so using it in Cruise Mode in Wattage Mode🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️

GoldenBud

thanks for the help. did all this. Profile is loaded over to the DNA Mod and it is not Showing the BAK Material/Mode.
if you really need to use in wattage mode, do it with 15w cruising. not more. and it'll need 50sec of soaking or so. even more...
it's less powerful than tubo/tetra which needs 20w cruising etc' for longer time than 50sec

BAKx needs 70w only for the first 20-30 sec, then it's 10w-25w almost all the time, even less....

Hippie

OK I've not got a Bakx or a working DNA mod at the moment to check for sure
In Escribe check that the newly created material is in both boxes under the materials tab
And under the genaral tab > profile > coil > material - the material should also be a choice in the dropdown list
So you should be able to edit a profile and send it to the device

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
If you look at the screen shot @Fesob_31 posted you need to either import (I believe Load is the button edit: nevermind, it is "import") the bakx material from that CSV sheet or manually enter it. Once you do that it will be in the escribe software, but you will also need to push it to the device.

I don't really have a great step by step to do those things. Escribe isn't the most intuitive, but if you're used to windows software a bit of tinkering and you should be able to figure it out. It is a much nicer/more approachable experience out of the box with a properly calibrated DNA mod!

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
Those who are using the Thelema, what 21700 batteries are you using?
Right now I'm just using my molicel 18650s with the battery adapter. When they're on sale I'll try a 21700. I haven't seen any tests from Mooch yet, but it seems like any of https://www.18650batterystore.com/collections/21700-batteries?pf_v_brand=Molicel would be a safe bet?

edit: oh I missed that the M50A is only 15A, so you should probably exclude that. I think we need high currents for the Bakx. the P42A or P42B both seem viable though.

Top Bottom