Auber Enail Discussion

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Are there any other recent Auber owners, with maybe the pre v2 version of the firmware upgrade, having an issue where all their boost mode and timer settings are lost if the controller loses power/i pull the cable?

Mine wants to be on standby all the time or wont save any settings.

Anyone, Bueler?

SatanLovestoVape

Are there any other recent Auber owners, with maybe the pre v2 version of the firmware upgrade, having an issue where all their boost mode and timer settings are lost if the controller loses power/i pull the cable?

Mine wants to be on standby all the time or wont save any settings.

Anyone, Bueler?
That sounds annoying. I have not experienced this issue. I set my boost temperatures, and it saves even when it's unplugged.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
With the new boost mode would I be able the set the boost to 999 for 20 to 30mins then make it drop back to where it was set for an auto Dnail Halo clean?

LesPlenty,

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
@RustyOldNail I just noticed my recently acquired Auber controller displays HOT until it gets down to 100f.

You did that :)

HA, thought you had me......

Yeah, I mentioned this in another thread (probably the Flowerpot thread?), where LOGIC of previous behavior was being argued. I looked at the latest 300b or C Auber PDF manual and noticed a NEW setting, just for that. I assume they recalled my phone call, and added it in. I’ll be sending mine back to them for the firmware update, since I now have a 2nd PID (MaxVapor BT).

I’m surprised you haven’t memorized the entire manual by now...... :)

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Any answers to my question above about a 30 min burnoff cycle set as the Boost for cleaning my SiC Halo?

LesPlenty,

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Any answers to my question above about a 30 min burnoff cycle set as the Boost for cleaning my SiC Halo?

Sorry mate, kept meaning to reply and kept forgetting...!

I think the answer is yes :) Hit the button and it'll shoot up to 999 for timed period, then drop back to your previous set temp. You could have another boost mode set for boost dabbing, and one boost mode set for cleaning.

If I understand you correctly, I think the answer is yes :)

LesPlenty

Company Rep
900 will be fine as I have tested down to 850 for a cleaning mode (help the coil last a bit longer) but settled on 900 due to the time it took to cook off any contaminants.
So just to confirm, the controller is multi-country voltage (110/220/240vac) and if I want a flat coil heater to just specify 220v for the coil if in EU/Oz (I think I might just get a @710Coils flat heater as the Auber only lools OK).
Too bad they are out of stock on their 12v kit, I am in no hurry so I might wait for their next sale and hopefully grab the 12v kit at the same time.

the123321

Do you use boost on the auber rdk-300b enail? What temperatures do you boost between with it?

the123321,

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Do you use boost on the auber rdk-300b enail? What temperatures do you boost between with it?

I own a older model and have not had my firmware updated.

I know a guy who can answer these questions best. I will summons him for you and see if he's around.

Oh @EmDeemo! Can you help @the123321 out?

I'm sure there are others who know this also. There already might be some answers for you over at the Auber thread. Let me find it for you. Hold on.

Ok, Here it is. The boost discussion probably started a few months ago.

Last edited:

SquirrelMaster

I just wanted to pop in and say how happy I am with the service and products I received from Auberins for an order I made mid-July. I bought an Auber RDK-300b and 15.6mm to use with my Elev8r and I'm very glad I chose them based on all the good reviews I've read. First off, Auberins got the unit out extremely fast to me. I ordered on the 17th (Friday) and I had my package in hand after shipping to Canada on the 20th (Monday)! I'm no PID expert but everything looks and works great and after a little coil stretching my Elev8r was transformed into something else. I could have opted for a fully China made/assembled/designed unit and saved a few bucks but shipping would have taken forever and I'd rather support an American company. I would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone looking for a PID and coil.

SquirrelMaster,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Do they not make the software update public, so one can update at home if one so chooses?
Even if it requires pulling the board out, I'd prefer doing that to shipping my unit off.

the123321

Thanks. I may try a boost mode on it. What temperature does everyone run their rdk-300b at? I have read that many people say that you need to run your controller at like 100 degrees higher than the temperature you want the quartz banger to be at. What temperature do you use on your auber unit?

the123321,

Ramahs

Thanks. I may try a boost mode on it. What temperature does everyone run their rdk-300b at? I have read that many people say that you need to run your controller at like 100 degrees higher than the temperature you want the quartz banger to be at. What temperature do you use on your auber unit?

For flower alone, I've narrowed down to a preferred 635F for my current glass piece I use with my Vrod.

Ramahs,

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
I own a older model and have not had my firmware updated.

I know a guy who can answer these questions best. I will summons him for you and see if he's around.

Oh @EmDeemo! Can you help @the123321 out?

I'm sure there are others who know this also. There already might be some answers for you over at the Auber thread. Let me find it for you. Hold on.

Ok, Here it is. The boost discussion probably started a few months ago.

Sorry, I missed my summonses! :) Tho tbh, those boost temps are very, very, particular to the user, the material being used, and the set up. Personally, I've been finding temps I like, then marking them down and matching them with other temps I like.

So for instance, on a bad lung day, 450 is my maxmium, but once the lower temps are vaped off, I can go up in temp and not cough.

550 is just on the cusp of drying things out so much I cant clean up the bowl. So on a good lung day, I can do a big dab at 550. For a massive dab, that wont dry out in a hurry, 570 is good.

So my boost temps vary between those numbers. Ranging from 450 to 570. I have all three boost modes set to different temps in those ranges, so I can choose a boost depending on dab size/type of concentrate, or just stick to one temp if I know what size dab im doing for a while. Or if I want to uptemp thru flavours, or from a cold start.

Basically, there are no set ideas on temps. Find your lowest, find your highest, and adjust accordingly :)

Do they not make the software update public, so one can update at home if one so chooses?
Even if it requires pulling the board out, I'd prefer doing that to shipping my unit off.

I tried, honestly. I asked them if there was any way to do this, but no dice. One day, I intend to open up the Auber and see if its just a usb connection inside and ask them again to come thru for us again :) They really didnt seem into the idea of home flashing the firmware tho.

Ramahs

I tried, honestly. I asked them if there was any way to do this, but no dice. One day, I intend to open up the Auber and see if its just a usb connection inside and ask them again to come thru for us again :) They really didnt seem into the idea of home flashing the firmware tho

Meh. Someone will find a way to extract the software and emulate it eventually.
At least that's the way it usually goes. We just have to wait.

Dejavu

I didn't know about this thread, sorry for multiple post. here's what it is.

If I have a 150w coil and an auber rdk 300 v2, should I change the settings? On 710 website it says it should be on 40 by default and go to 60? The default is 100. Should I change anything? Hoping to get a jane soon.

Adjusting your Auber RDK-300 to support a 150 watt coil​

To adjust Auber RDK-300 controller for any 150watt coil. Hold down the knob for 5 seconds, the small power indicator light will start blinking. Turn the knob clockwise and scroll to 166 that is the access code(if you overshoot turn the knob counterclockwise to go down) then push the knob down once and you will come to P-125, press the knob again to get to I-60, and press again to D-10, press the knob once more and you will come to OTH-40, This is the setting you will want to change from 40 to 67 for all 150watt coils. Press the knob one more time for auto shut off and set to desired minutes and then press the knob one final time to exit.

from their manual

oth. Output high limit. The unit is percentage (%). It allows you to set the
high limit of the output. It can be used when you have an overpowered
heater to control a small subject. For example, if you have a 250W heater
and set the oth = 40, the heater will be used as a 100 watt heater
(250x40%=100). User may need to change this parameter if you heater is
not 250 watt and want to improve the performance. For example, set it to 50
if you have a 200 watt heater; set it to 100 if you have a 100 watt heater.
Larger oth value makes the system heats up faster, but can cause
temperature overshot and fluctuation. Smaller oth increases the heat up

Top Bottom