• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Athlete Vaporists?

vapirtoo

Been depressed and lazy after all of my Strava friends are recording epic rides-40 miles or more- compared to my 10-20 mile excursions.
Fuck all that, I'm back to riding for myself ( fuck the tour de france LOL) basically to lower my blood pressure and have fun.
I do enjoy eating last nights lightly vaped buds before getting on my bike. I also like riding at the crack of dawn to avoid
dangerous road situations especially when I'm high. I'm going to get tested for covid so that I can ride with my best friend who has just been tested and is negative. NYC has a low infection rate with most active people wearing masks and social distancing, but that aerosol spread is still very scary.
Back in the competitive days I could suck wheel (draft) better than anyone, but now all of my rides have been boringly solo. :cry:
I still love my canoes and hiking, but hate driving.
Strava is a free app that allows you and friends to record and post their outside activity.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
The skateparks here @ the med coast have been wonderful during the hot summer nights. No crowded at all.
While running I'd beat the max record of 'boars in a single run' with 15 of them ruling the steepest suburbs. I need to hack the strava dashboard to mark me the cool wildlife records...
Best thing is since 'new normality' new period I've crossed 5 bikers, 4 runners, 68 boars, 13 rabbits and 1 toad. This is 9 athletes vs 82 wildlife in 298kms.
Have fun!
SKATE PARK bowl’s and CADILLAC WHEEL’S after drained swimming pool’s were all the rave @ 420 (after school)
Paper joint’s is all we had as young gun’s?
SOLO came after?
70’s were wild actually, however vaping is healthier!

@vapirtoo in the 90’s watching the cyclist participating in the Tour de France 🇫🇷 was pretty cool!
I started cycling after seeing the smile of joy on their faces!
My FRENCH FAMILY introduced me to the sport!
CYCLING on the “PALE BLUE DOT” is the cat’s meow.

Last edited:

MinnBobber

@vapirtoo in the 90’s watching the cyclist participating in the Tour de France 🇫🇷 was pretty cool!
I started cycling after seeing the smile of joy on their faces!
My FRENCH FAMILY introduced me to the sport!
CYCLING on the “PALE BLUE DOT” is the cat’s meow.

I just realized that e-biking , which I love, is to regular biking as dabbing is to vaping flower:
Intense and wonderful e-biking.
E bikes rule!

MyCollie

Those e-bikes are only going to get better.
Specialized just came out with a new e-bike line.

I had a Bionx (they went bankrupt due to stupid decisions) assist on my ride. I'm significantly disabled and it enabled me to ride with a casual but somewhat vigorous cycling group and actually keep up. On the inclines and hills it was fantastic. Stopping and then starting back up on an incline? No problem thanks to the assist. I didn't even have to take it up beyond the lowest setting unless I encountered a steep hill. There was absolutely no way I'd be able to make it up steeper grades without it. The company went out of business and I've had additional surgeries which have pretty much made riding outdoors on it an impossibility without a great deal of help. I know there are disability groups that help people like me. Anyway, my choice most recently would have been a hand cycle but arm and chest surgeries wipes that out too. I'll have to see how that goes. Hand cycle with an assist could work, possibly. This is bringing back memories and almost making me cry. In the past I'd ride out on places like the berm of a two-lane highway or winding country roads - these were the places where you'd normally see guys on tri bikes.

For the time being I can make some modifications and put it on a trainer indoors without the assist and get my workout in that way. I could add one of those smart trainers to my Kurt Kinetic trainer and it would be great.

MyCollie

Wow, outstanding MyCollie!
Keep up the workouts and stay strong!
I see that you have a little McGyver DIY
attitude! Impressive!

The whole trike Bionx hookup was a a bit trying. The guy that did it had one thing in mind and then there was a re-do. He got it done though and it was perfect. It's a shame about Bionx. Actually, I'm thankful now for this thread because it has helped me think a few things through over the last ten minutes and I've come up with another solution for my problem.

Helios

@vapirtoo yea in the autumn it's postcard perfect..chilly rides, I used to ride down the west side highway over the GW onto 9w or back down toward Hoboken and thru the path into lower Manhattan.. Fun rides.. But I don't miss the traffic or getting doored lol, more civilized riding in the HV depending on which town your in. New Paltz has great roads..come up on the walkway sometime, the Dutchess rail trail runs like 25 miles and growing.. But man those Ebikes get me laughing when I see those guys ripping past me.. $2,000 easy for one and that's on the low end.

Helios

Yea its decent, just have to watch out for angry motorists who think the road is theirs. Cracks me up. Rail trails are safer but boring and straight..unless I pack a dynavap or some other small tool to vape with.. Your wife is smart A, keep moving my man keep moving.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Yea its decent, just have to watch out for angry motorists who think the road is theirs. Cracks me up. Rail trails are safer but boring and straight..unless I pack a dynavap or some other small tool to vape with.. Your wife is smart A, keep moving my man keep moving.
My brother who live’s at a point break for surfing ride’s his bike to the point!
I like longer ride’s?
In EUROPE the same problem with car’s?
My nephew took me into the forest for this reason!

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
@vapirtoo yea in the autumn it's postcard perfect..chilly rides, I used to ride down the west side highway over the GW onto 9w or back down toward Hoboken and thru the path into lower Manhattan.. Fun rides.. But I don't miss the traffic or getting doored lol, more civilized riding in the HV depending on which town your in. New Paltz has great roads..come up on the walkway sometime, the Dutchess rail trail runs like 25 miles and growing.. But man those Ebikes get me laughing when I see those guys ripping past me.. $2,000 easy for one and that's on the low end.

Just opened this post on a whim (I am NOT an Athlete :lol: - most athletic thing I do now is hike, when gyms were opened, I lifted weights 3-5 times a week usually) and I just had to say I cant believe you rode a bicycle down the west side and over the GW - then back into Manhattan. Thats a ballsy ride on a bicycle lol.

But yeah New Paltz is a beautiful area, as is much of the Hudson Valley. I'm up there somewhat often!

Helios

I cant believe you rode a bicycle down the west side and over the GW - then back into Manhattan. Thats a ballsy ride on a bicycle lol.
Why not? Dedicated bike lanes along the river and over da GDub.. I can see how you can be intimidated.. it is daunting. I grew up in the city as a kid and riding a bike, let alone navigating it was part of it. Where is @CarlosSpiceyWeiner, we should do a group ride up here.. Then vape a few bowls where it's safer lol! If your ever up my way let me know brian.

Helios,
Reactions: ataxian

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Why not? Dedicated bike lanes along the river and over da GDub.. I can see how you can be intimidated.. it is daunting. I grew up in the city as a kid and riding a bike, let alone navigating it was part of it. Where is @CarlosSpiceyWeiner, we should do a group ride up here.. Then vape a few bowls where it's safer lol! If your ever up my way let me know brian.
Back in the 80’s pot was not acceptable in MANHATTAN & wine was very expensive?
Night club’s were fun anyway!
Dance until 6:am standard activity.
Human’s didn’t sleep?

Last edited:

BrianTL

Westchester, NY

I guess thats true I completely forgot about the bike lanes :lol: I'm in Westchester we dont have bike lanes and every time I see bicyclists on our busier roads I'm just shocked theres not more bike vs car incidents.

I drive in the city often, pre corona I would train in, walk, take the subways or a taxi to get where I'm going... I dont know if I would hop on a bicycle down there though.

I'll definitely let you know! I usually go up there for a joy ride on my bike (motor-type) or visiting family on the other side of the mountain in Kerhonkson. Have quite a few clients in the New Paltz/Gardiner area as well - occasionally up there for some visits as well! Likewise for you if you ever end up down towards the White Plains area!

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Exciting to see some other bike riders here!! You guys might enjoy my current project, its not related to vapes, but still:
Teasing cycling propaganda.
“M” with CANNABIS dude 2-B CIVILIZED like a hero!
NL-SOLO filled stem with COLAS from CENTRAL COAST very purple in hue however not bad?
My program while reading high brow intelligent mind expanding reality!

Last edited:
ataxian,
Top Bottom