Athlete Vaporists?

Bazinga

My wife love’s to walk after lunch to the store..
I go with her to be cool.
My dog stay’s home to pretend to be used to protect?
Open heart surgery is gnarly to recover from.
A professor from UNIVERSITY was 70 working out!
Keep it up! (You give hope to those of us who need to keep fit)
Open heart surgery ruined my weekend !!! I also work out - the best I can. Still play softball. Want to run some 10K races next summer. I have had some other issues - major back surgery (gave up basketball and running), both shoulders fixed surgically, the left one will be done again after Covid, nine (9) broken bones, torn meniscus in right knee, cartilage thinned down in left knee, got bit twice by little yappy dog while running this past Sunday, diabetic, and lastly - ugly. I am going to learn to play Pickleball.

No, my nickname isn't "Lucky". The key is to stay active.

Medical cannabis has been a great help with inflammation (I have plenty of it)

Upon filling out a questionnaire when visiting a new Doctor, I was asked if I was brought to his office by ambulance.

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
What did you go with? I’ve been loving my Hokas lately
Ha, I actually purchased my first Hoka One Ones, the Clifton 7, and I absolutely love them. I usually go for lower profiles and less cushioning, but needed something to baby my back, legs and ankles when they need it. I must say, I love the feeling they give me, such a smooth and comfy ride. And nimble enough too.

My other pair is the Adidas Boston 9, basically a (classic) marathon racer. Much faster paced and lower to the ground than the Hokas. I got them in the Boston Marathon edition; the BM was canceled this year because of Corona, for the first time since 1897; I plan to keep them as a memory of this very weird year 2020. Anyway, great shoe too.

Which Hokas do you have?

Last edited:
Siebter,
Reactions: ataxian

Bazinga

I must be the only one that can't wear Hokas. I find them uncomfortable and they cause huge blisters. The Podiatrist recommended Brooks Ghosts. These work great for me !!

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
I must be the only one that can't wear Hokas.
Not at all; some of their models are offered in a wider fit because they seem to be rather snug for some. I myself have never found a Nike shoe that got along with my feet, they are so narrow! The Cliftons fit like a glove on my feet, though. Every foot (and runner) is different.

I while ago I rocked a pair of Ghost 6s, had some great runs with it.

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Not at all; some of their models are offered in a wider fit because they seem to be rather snug for some. I myself have never found a Nike shoe that got along with my feet, they are so narrow! The Cliftons fit like a glove on my feet, though. Every foot (and runner) is different.

I while ago I rocked a pair of Ghost 6s, had some great runs with it.
My running daze R behind me these daze?
However narrow running shoe’s don’t help a wide foot?
CANNABIS help’s some to exist, sport’s are so human’s can last longer in rotation around the star called the sun in the solar system some of us occupy!

ataxian,
Reactions: Siebter

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Running and Cannabis complement each other very well if you ask me. :-)
Back in time: 1970’s CANNABIS (growing on 5 acres of beach front lava soil) South Pacific far from any large range of large land masses?
We were surf hippies that grew outside to survive?
8 hour’s surf before harvest b-4 winter!
Swimming across the mile wide channel.
Joint’s of paper put out and left in the white sand!
Country meet’s a seven mile length of surf able fun.
$100 month rent 4 a house on the beach?
Why did homo Sapien’s become greedy?
Dazed & Confused during this era of bliss!
Careful what U ask 4?

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
Back in time: 1970’s CANNABIS (growing on 5 acres of beach front lava soil) South Pacific far from any large range of large land masses?
We were surf hippies that grew outside to survive?
8 hour’s surf before harvest b-4 winter!
Swimming across the mile wide channel.
Joint’s of paper put out and left in the white sand!
Country meet’s a seven mile length of surf able fun.
$100 month rent 4 a house on the beach?
Why did homo Sapien’s become greedy?
Dazed & Confused during this era of bliss!
Careful what U ask 4?
In 1967 or 8 I spent six months living on a seven mile beach around a cabana with 12 other folks in Mexico, Playas los Cocos near San Blas. I used to swim for hours, thinking like a fish thinking I was a fish or a dolphin, and then run up and down the beach bearfoot, having smoked lots of js and dropped some acid. People would tell me I looked like a young wild-eyed god or Mr. Natural, I was so healthy, smooth-muscled, and tan, with long hair and long beard. It was there that I first heard, over the fence from the next yard, the sound of Jimi Hendrix and Crosby Stills and Nash warbling on an eight-track player in a VW camper parked there, and I was in love. Guy who was my buddy, an Army deserter, and I slept on the beach every night that it didn't rain(or we didn't have a travelin' through girlfriend). Every morning before we got out of our sleeping bags, he had a j going. On the other side of our two or three acre plot, we had our own little jungle and a cliff with a waterfall falling right on to the beach where we showered. I've looked at the place on Google Earth: The beach is still there but the jungles and cliffs and the entire beach is covered with development. Its who we are.

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
In 1967 or 8 I spent six months living on a seven mile beach around a cabana with 12 other folks in Mexico, Playas los Cocos near San Blas. I used to swim for hours, thinking like a fish thinking I was a fish or a dolphin, and then run up and down the beach bearfoot, having smoked lots of js and dropped some acid. People would tell me I looked like a young wild-eyed god or Mr. Natural, I was so healthy, smooth-muscled, and tan, with long hair and long beard. It was there that I first heard, over the fence from the next yard, the sound of Jimi Hendrix and Crosby Stills and Nash warbling on an eight-track player in a VW camper parked there, and I was in love. Guy who was my buddy, an Army deserter, and I slept on the beach every night that it didn't rain(or we didn't have a travelin' through girlfriend). Every morning before we got out of our sleeping bags, he had a j going. On the other side of our two or three acre plot, we had our own little jungle and a cliff with a waterfall falling right on to the beach where we showered. I've looked at the place on Google Earth: The beach is still there but the jungles and cliffs and the entire beach is covered with development. Its who we are.
I love this kine story of POV during a time nirvana exist!
Where I thought was special in my development along a beach town where Hendrick’s played guitar and ray-ban sunglasses we’re worn while leaving the club. The wave’s at the beach pier had wave’s of perfection?
LSD killed many of the tribe! MARIJUANA was preferred by the serious surfer’s.
During school in the AM we said a prayer for those less fortunate.
Jimmy Page north of my hangout played with sound engineer’s from LA where the pure sound echoes were listen 2.

deadlytoaster

Canadian lost in Europe
I have two brandnew pairs of running shoes, whoohoo!
Got myself a pair today as well! How convenient :D

Got myself a serious e-mtn bike. https://www.rossignol.com/us/rmi5024-000.html
Too fast and too powerful, a second of distraction could lead to serious injury. But what great fun zooming up and down fairly steep mountain roads. And I still seem to get the workout my cardiovascular system enjoys while covering more ground and exploring new places. Sadly, there's more than a foot of snow here now and I suspect that most of my riding days are done 'til May.
I can attest to this. Back in Canada this summer I bombed Moose Mountain with my friends nice full suspension ride. Last run of the day (and year) means a quick Dynavap hit before heading down.

2 stitches later and a fond memory, it seems I gain a little *too* much confidence when under the influence and biking. What a thrill that ride was though! Enjoy your e-MTB, they're a dream to play with!

CANtalk

Got myself a pair today as well! How convenient :D

I can attest to this. Back in Canada this summer I bombed Moose Mountain with my friends nice full suspension ride. Last run of the day (and year) means a quick Dynavap hit before heading down.

2 stitches later and a fond memory, it seems I gain a little *too* much confidence when under the influence and biking. What a thrill that ride was though! Enjoy your e-MTB, they're a dream to play with!
Bragg Creek area? Which trail? I've mountain biked that area a lot, amazing trails all over. Though I'm more of an all-mountain rider than just downhill (I've biked up MM more than a few times). This year was pretty epic for mountain bike riding for me, nearly 2000 km (winter came early and I'm a nice weather rider). Got into big time shape this year. I discussed mountain bike riding on the previous page in a few posts.

I could gush and gush on MBing and stories. And love to hear others do the same 👍.

I also learned to not mix cannabis with anything more than slow riding. This year I vaped some very good Ghost Train Haze in the middle of a ride and within 5 minutes of being back on the bike I did a high speed superman S rear slide on a descent, having unknowingly locked the rear brake up. It could have been ugly :doh:. It felt epic and probably looked that way too, but was f'n dangerous.

:peace: :leaf:

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Bragg Creek area? Which trail? I've mountain biked that area a lot, amazing trails all over. Though I'm more of an all-mountain rider than just downhill (I've biked up MM more than a few times). This year was pretty epic for mountain bike riding for me, nearly 2000 km (winter came early and I'm a nice weather rider). Got into big time shape this year. I discussed mountain bike riding on the previous page in a few posts.

I also learned to not mix cannabis with anything more than slow riding. This year I vaped some very good Ghost Train Haze in the middle of a ride and within 5 minutes of being back on the bike I did a high speed superman S rear slide on a descent, having unknowingly locked the rear brake up. It could have been ugly :doh:. It felt epic and probably looked that way too, but was f'n dangerous.

Red Lebonnees 1970 bathroom before vaporier’s.
Dazed confused & Max flight became a cause!
420 was a standard occasion 4 marijuana get together’s !
In a journey into the future EVO brought relief of CIVILIZATION.
MODERN VAPING IN A TRANSITION from ignorance?
COLAS R Decent!

Last edited:

deadlytoaster

Canadian lost in Europe

I could gush and gush on MBing and stories. And love to hear others do the same 👍.

Hahah yep this incident was on Moose Mountain before I moved back to EU. I'm not quite so experienced with mountain biking and agree, canna + biking hurts. I should've already learnt my lesson but..

Just the other day I went down a ramp on my bike and fell of course. Fell on outstretched arm and heard two strong *crack* noises...

Cue some ligament and tendon damage and the last time I try to do any bold bike stunts while baked...

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Hahah yep this incident was on Moose Mountain before I moved back to EU. I'm not quite so experienced with mountain biking and agree, canna + biking hurts. I should've already learnt my lesson but..

Just the other day I went down a ramp on my bike and fell of course. Fell on outstretched arm and heard two strong *crack* noises...

Cue some ligament and tendon damage and the last time I try to do any bold bike stunts while baked...
Cycling is one part of Body movement that help’s my leg’s work!
CANNABIS help’s however after a workout is a program that seem’s 2-work?

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
I've biked thousands of miles on my regular bike, probably 80-90% of the time stoned. That's been one of my primary exercise routines for like 50 years. But most of that is on less traffic-ed rural roads or gravel roads and trails. Plus just about my favorite thing is grinding up hill. I live in the White Mtns. in NH and spend more time going up the beautiful spectacular notches than anything, so going slow, and then zooming down. Also loved hiking, winter mountaineering, xc skiing, snowshoeing, etc. buzzed.

But the emtn bike is a different more powerful kettle of fish. I'm sort of glad to hear I'm not the only wild chicken in terms of emtn biking stoned. Beyond how much fun it is and how many more places I can now explore--I'm in my 70's! for crissakes--I love that I seem to get just as much exercise, just over more distance. Can I call not imbibing while ebiking a form of cannabreak? Then the vaping is that much better when I get home or off the bike.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I've biked thousands of miles on my regular bike, probably 80-90% of the time stoned. That's been one of my primary exercise routines for like 50 years. But most of that is on less traffic-ed rural roads or gravel roads and trails. Plus just about my favorite thing is grinding up hill. I live in the White Mtns. in NH and spend more time going up the beautiful spectacular notches than anything, so going slow, and then zooming down. Also loved hiking, winter mountaineering, xc skiing, snowshoeing, etc. buzzed.

But the emtn bike is a different more powerful kettle of fish. I'm sort of glad to hear I'm not the only wild chicken in terms of emtn biking stoned. Beyond how much fun it is and how many more places I can now explore--I'm in my 70's! for crissakes--I love that I seem to get just as much exercise, just over more distance. Can I call not imbibing while ebiking a form of cannabreak? Then the vaping is that much better when I get home or off the bike.
In FRANCE & the ANDES mostly mountain biking. 60km/daze +/-
State side 25 mile’s +/- touring bike along the PACIFIC.
VAPING after because the other’s were primate’s who did not relax!
Cycling inside since the plague scare’s the shit out of me?

CANtalk

I took it up more than a few notches and did lots of riding on the mountain bike this year...much cross-country. And as the year progressed, lots of technical aggressive single track (a banner year ~1200 miles as mentioned earlier, spring through fall). I rode a minimum of 10 miles in any trip... and in ~ four trips clocked in over 40 miles. Lots of snow here now, but this is a ride and trail picture from the summer. It's all accessible quickly and riding straight from my house 👍 . Amazing memories, healthy and fun. Thx for reminding me of these good times.

WP_20200613_10_33_00_Pro2.jpg

Nice to see road bike riders here too.

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I took it up more than a few notches and did lots of riding on the mountain bike this year...much cross-country. And as the year progressed, lots of technical aggressive single track (it was a banner year riding ~1200 miles as mentioned earlier, spring through fall). I rode a minimum of 10 miles... and ~ four times over 40 miles. Lots of snow here now, but here's a ride and trail picture from this summer. Amazing memories, healthy and fun. Thx for reminding me of these good times.

View attachment 4917

Nice to see road bike riders here too.

My oldest brother in law made velo’s 4 de Tour de France rider’s!
Took him to the ANDES and we saw house’s a long the trail that looked like 1800’s living?
He seemed to be amazed by the Bio Bio river we rafted?
Saw a lot of vintage vintage place’s of de tux style of opulent existence!
CANNABIS was not present during my ride’s in the 90’s?
Beer is legal?
Pot, marijuana, weed, shit, CANNABIS?
Modernize CIVILIZATION FOLK’s = please!

Top Bottom