Ascent Vaporizer - The Ordering, Shipping, & Other Nonsense thread

Are you going to definitely buy the Ascent as things stand now ?

• Yes

Votes: 37 26.6%
  • No

Votes: 28 20.1%
  • Yes, and I want a pre-order from DV put in place

Votes: 31 22.3%
  • Yes, and I DON'T want a pre-order from DV put in place

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Who cares !! Just wait for it and shut up !

Votes: 37 26.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

VapeForest

Touching up on some of this gibberish... the following quote based on queuing theory seems appropriate:

Add 5% more work, and completing it may take 100% longer. But few people understand this effect.

VapeForest,
Reactions: Enchantre

rsqemt911

Some more false promises from Got Vape. After DAvinci said yesterday the release is still undetermined.

got vape says Next Week but
I will believe it when I see it.

Aloha XXXX,

I apologize for the delay, I just got back from the UK, it was a very interesting trip, the weather sucks there haha

More importantly, our goal is to be able to ship out you Ascent during the week of the 22nd, I will be receiving our shipment next week and begin shipping upon arrival.

They have added the clasp to provide a more efficient seal, so now it is just a matter of having them arrive into the states.

I just don’t want to mismanage your expectations and say I can ship it out, so plan on the week of the 22nd as a better target date.

I will contact you the moment they are in my hands & I guarantee that yours will go out the same day I get them.

J Nano

rsqemt911,
Reactions: Vapnoob

AscentiaL

From the DV Facebook page:

Happy Friday DaVinci fans!

We’re almost ready for launch time and an announcement is looming around the corner. The units are in production and as anticipated, the vapor lock seal ensures that the Ascent Vaporizer produces thick vapor clouds.

Although it’s been a hard decision to hold back this vape, we made the choice for the betterment of all vaporizer enthusiasts. You guys asked for the best and we are determined to give it to you. Stay tuned for additional updates!

AscentiaL,

Crohnie

Crohn's Warrior
From the DV Facebook page:

Happy Friday DaVinci fans!

We’re almost ready for launch time and an announcement is looming around the corner. The units are in production and as anticipated, the vapor lock seal ensures that the Ascent Vaporizer produces thick vapor clouds.

Although it’s been a hard decision to hold back this vape, we made the choice for the betterment of all vaporizer enthusiasts. You guys asked for the best and we are determined to give it to you. Stay tuned for additional updates!

pastadoble

I heard a rumor that da Vinci will start shipping at the end of this week. Can someone confirm/deny?

pastadoble,

VaporsVaporizer

On the Stoop
I needed to replace my Vape that i leave in Ca for my trips out there. Was hoping to ship out an Ascent, but had to pull the trigger and buy another Pax :(. I just couldn't use that old Iolite anymore lol.

VaporsVaporizer,

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
I heard a rumor that da Vinci will start shipping at the end of this week. Can someone confirm/deny?

I think thats why its called a 'rumor'...its confirmation or denial wouod make it official.
But to answer your question no one knows except dv, if your excitement for release is based on rumors...be prepaired for a emotional roller coaster that some of us have been on since 'spring 2013'

OF

OK, I give, what does this mean?

The question you responded to asked "Can someone confirm/deny?" a rumor. Are you saying '100% of the people can'? Or that you can with 100% certainty (in which case which? Are you confirming or denying......and best be ready to tell the next poster why you know that for fact....)? Or is it you 100% agree it's a good question?

TIA for making it a little clearer for me.

OF

defy

Yeah, I had just heard it from a guy who works at gotvape.com

Pretty sure gotvape has missed several of their previous "release dates" for the Ascent. The only source I'm trusting is DaVinci for release date info. Everyone else is just hopeful and excited to get them so they want it be this week or next.

~defy

OF

Pretty sure gotvape has missed several of their previous "release dates" for the Ascent. The only source I'm trusting is DaVinci for release date info. Everyone else is just hopeful and excited to get them so they want it be this week or next.

Amen to that. This is a strange case where citing the source of the information lessens it's credibility IMO. DV will have the most trustworthy information IMO as well.

I'd also like to point out that perhaps not everyone "is just hopeful and excited to get them so they want it be this week or next". I'm not saying that someone might be interested in getting orders with such 'news', but there's history to suggest that might be the case again here....not wanting folks to cancel and buy alternatives?

I'm confident that when there's reliable information DV wants us to have, they won't be shy about it.

OF

OF,

Conky

The word I just got from ezvapes is that per their last update from dv the units are now actually being finally manufactured. They hope to recieve them by the end of the month.
Obviously I don't have a clue as far as the truth to this but it's the only real different answer than the usual, "next week".

Lazarus

The word I just got from ezvapes is that per their last update from dv the units are now actually being finally manufactured. They hope to recieve them by the end of the month.
Obviously I don't have a clue as far as the truth to this but it's the only real different answer than the usual, "next week".

They told me the same thing :) hopefully it shouldn't be long now as long as they don't push it back again. If they do I might cry a little.

Edit: I just checked divinci's web sight and they ascent is now available for purchase

Edit 2: I apologize they changed the sight for launch but when you try to buy one it says not yet available

Lazarus,
Reactions: OF
this is a quote from a person that works at davinci:
him:
we dont have a date yet and I know it sucks.. after letting some industry expert review the Ascent and give us feedback we took their suggestions into consideration and are making a few improvements before the release..​
me:...​
him:
they say it should be out sometime July but with the track record, my vote is August​
me:
ah ok yeah because toronto vaporizer are now saying mid august​
him:
hhaha ya...thats probably a safe bet​
end of convo.​

HMCS.AVENGER,

Medical Mark

Well I was told this month and that there In production.
I hope this is true.
The anticipation for this thing is well .....

Medical Mark,

Pappy

shmaporist
OK, I give, what does this mean?

The question you responded to asked "Can someone confirm/deny?" a rumor. Are you saying '100% of the people can'? Or that you can with 100% certainty (in which case which? Are you confirming or denying......and best be ready to tell the next poster why you know that for fact....)? Or is it you 100% agree it's a good question?

TIA for making it a little clearer for me.

OF
I can confirm 100% that it's just another rumor.

Pappy,

sam reynolds

because "Samantha" is a mouthful.
this is a quote from a person that works at davinci:
him: we dont have a date yet and I know it sucks.. after letting some industry expert review the Ascent and give us feedback we took their suggestions into consideration and are making a few improvements before release...

Hm...I wonder if this is the vapor seal latch thing, or something else in addition to it.

I wish DV would drop a word or two here. Did we scare them away?

OF

I can confirm 100% that it's just another rumor.

Agreed. Thanks much for setting it straight.

IMO it's all rumor until someone we trust has one in his hot little hands?

Hm...I wonder if this is the vapor seal latch thing, or something else in addition to it.

I wish DV would drop a word or two here. Did we scare them away?

Good points, it may well be some other issue (who can blame them for not wanting to publicize their problems?) as well, maybe more than one. Yet another example of why most makers keep Beta Testing confidential. None of us is likely to help solve any problems they might have. A 'need to know' kind of thing?

As far as scaring them off, entirely possible. As a Forum we've done it a fair number of times, haven't we? We can be kind of a rude lot. Let's hope it's just rumor control, that is when they have something solid they want us to know (and discuss), they'll let us know?

Until then, this casts yet more doubt on vendors saying 'order now, we'll be shipping in a few days'......they're clearly not telling the truth for whatever reason.

OF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom