Ascent Vaporizer by DaVinci

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
Yes ! refund can be a problem :rofl:

I still believe Ascent is the best thing I can get (according to the things i'm looking for) ……when it does what it promises to do…..that's where the matter is ….
I'm waiting for my used EQ sale payment (selling to friends sucks) and still wondering where the fund will be placed : Ascent? Grasshopper?…..both ? …..no where ?
The ascent is really nice, I have never heard of the grasshopper, but it looks cool...looks like I will soon have more devices to squander my savings on

WakeAndVape,

RD

"Hawaii Home Grown"
Anyone have any idea as to how the heat sensor/thermostat senses temp and turns off and on to maintain temp. Just wondering if air temp has anything to do with needing higher/lower vape temp. Also if confined in a beer cozy, does it maintain say 370 or does it do 370+ because of being insulated. Not that it matters.

OMG
Just hooked up the stem of the Ascent to my SSV wand & through my 18" bong with warm water and got the best hits of vape since I started vaping. This may become my in house go to as well as my portable.

Last edited:
Just shipped off my Ascent this Tuesday along with my roommates. My heater went out and his had some extreme chipping. For those who have already RMA'ed their units, how long was the turn around after DV receiving? I've only heard of one person and they waited longer than 2 weeks. I'd also like to note I too had a lot of difficulty getting in contact with DV. I called a few times a day randomly for 2 weeks, left a few VM, sent a msg via website contact us, send emails to CS email addy and never received anything. Finally someone answered the phone after 3 weeks of trying. Hopefully they can get CS fixed soon or they will be losing a lot of customers. Also has anyone heard more on the sombrero? Is it dead? The CS lady was very vague responding that they "weren't available at this time" and said nothing of a waiting list.

Vape Easy My Friend,

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Mine took about 10 days. Sent it back on a Monday and received another the following Wed. I sent it back when I knew they had gotten their shipment early Oct. I emailed directly to Aaron, that's who was handling my complaint with the unit, he emailed me right back. I've had good customer service. Sorry, should this be in the nonsense shipping thread?

Last edited:
CarolKing,

Belgianvapor

Has anybody every used the ascent for longer than 20 minutes? (30 or so) Because it seems to me that mine shuts down the heater after 20 ish minutes (at highest temp) and I would like to know if this is normal (internal fail safe for overheating, ...) or that I have a problem with my ascent?

Belgianvapor,

WildChild

Seeking My Shangri-La
wow …..3 rd Ascent and still positive ….. are you buddhist or a yoga teacher ?
Ha! I was thinking almost the same thing! If it was me, I would have told them where to stick the 'the best portable available'.

I think the Ascent is a great concept. It will be a great vaporizer when properly built with quality materials. And perhaps next time they will refrain from bragging about a product until availability and quality are assured.

Just my 2 cents worth after getting my hands on one recently. For those that do not agree, I respect your opinion...truly. I'm just on the consumer's side and don't like false promises and seeing people get dicked around. As far as I'm concerned, Inhalator is even worse.

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
Has anybody every used the ascent for longer than 20 minutes? (30 or so) Because it seems to me that mine shuts down the heater after 20 ish minutes (at highest temp) and I would like to know if this is normal (internal fail safe for overheating, ...) or that I have a problem with my ascent?
Yep, that's exactly what it is.

Razor

I vape for an hour long ( as long as it last as I pack it almost literally as tight as possible) and yes, I can attest that it is a safety feature to shut off at around 30 min.

before I get going... it takes about a week to two to send your unit back and recieve a new one.

Anyways, my 4th one arrived. Let me catch everyone up. First one wouldn't heat up above 100, second was DOA, third was GREAT until battery died and it wouldn't even let me use it via wall charger while plugged in (I hope this isn't the same for all of them as in 3 years when my batt is completely dead, id still like to use it as a wall unit). Fourth, led lights didn't work other than the top temp reading, Now I'm on the fifth. It works very well... not as well as my GREAT one (slower heat up time) which I'm guessing is one of the factors that vary unit to unit. It just takes longer to start throwin out clouds like the awesome one before.

If this one goes out, I'm going for a refund. Five is enough. I'll wait for the next great one. As of right now though, this one gets me to the point of passing out in my chair, so I'm gonna sit and be happy for a while. Hopefully a long while.

On a side note, I've sent off glass jars to be re molded into something that will hopefully raise battery life, cook better, retain heat better and lower bowl size. I'll let you know what I hear. My goal is to just have a bunch of redone thicker oil jars with holes in the bottom so you can just pack the jar, put a lid on it and keep them with you for an easy 10 second herb chamber change out.

Last edited:

llamaman001

Im really interested in the shape and size of this vape but paying to be a beta tester doesent sound fun at all. What Im really concerned with is how much money this company must be loosing after sending out replacement units and covering all the refunds. very curious to see what their next move as a company will be.

llamaman001,

RD

"Hawaii Home Grown"
I vape for an hour long ( as long as it last as I pack it almost literally as tight as possible)

As of right now though, this one gets me to the point of passing out in my chair, so I'm gonna sit and be happy for a while. Hopefully a long while.

On a side note, I've sent off glass jars to be re molded into something that will hopefully raise battery life, cook better, retain heat better and lower bowl size. I'll let you know what I hear. My goal is to just have a bunch of redone thicker oil jars with holes in the bottom so you can just pack the jar, put a lid on it and keep them with you for an easy 10 second herb chamber change out.

@Razor Wish you all the best with #5. You more than any other deserve a great working unit.
I use jar w/ holes and love baking a pinch or two between bottom of bowl and jar. The walls of the jar conduct as much heat into the bottom of the jar and IMO gets it as hot as the bottom of the bowl. Perfect even bake every time @ 370.
Love your idea of making modified jars. Keep tolerances loose, as heat will expand and jam the jar in bowl. Note there is a step in the bottom of the bowl that holds the jar off the bottom. With the herb in the jar, you will have an air gap off the heated bottom with a lose of efficiency. My cakes are ~3/16" thick, small pinch or tight pack, perfect bake every time. After I drop the jar into an ash tray, I put my mouth around the grill and give a gentle blow, and out pops a cake of ABV. The open top of jar forms a secondary seal around the 4 holes in stem. I would make the bottom thicker w/ two holes, and have one current height and one about 1/2 the height and one just as a cap with lip. Colored glass would be a nice touch. Easier to find. Sell them as a set. I would buy a set. PM if interested.
If you want to do your way, allow for the step in the bottom so the jar sits all the way down and keep holes aligned, make tall enough to take up entire space and adjust the size by the thickness of the bottom.

llamaman001 said:
Im really interested in the shape and size of this vape but paying to be a beta tester doesent sound fun at all. What Im really concerned with is how much money this company must be loosing after sending out replacement units and covering all the refunds. very curious to see what their next move as a company will be.

Parent been around for 3 yrs doing well in e-cigs. 2 yr warranty got me in.
Depends who ended up eating the first few batches. Some of it may have gone back to orig mfg. At this point, they can't slacken up their support. This is when they need to shine and insure that every unit going out is truly QC'd and that that damn little sticker does not go on the box until the unit has been individually tested. Seems like the tester may be quite baked as well.

Make someone responsible for e-mail and web messaging, and someone responsible for QC and testing. If there are problems, fire those responsible and make someone else responsible until you get it right. Funny how the little guy at the other end of the building in QC / shipping has such an impact on a company.

Ascent is a great vape.

Last edited:
RD,

Razor

Yeah the guys workin on it are used to making glass mods . There will still be that small gap unless they have their own ascent unit to mold off of cause I'm not sendin mine :) I don't think it will be a huge problem though with a tight fit. Air will enter the gap first and get pre heated before it enters through thru thicker jar (theory here. Taking into account the thickness and it already warmed) and gets heated again while going through the glass jar holes (thinner holes than the ascent).

The jars are all different in some small ways. Some have a little wiggle in them. If it could be made a little more snug without getting it permanently stuck, then there would be a ton better heat transfer. I also suggested to put an indent in the glass jar on the inside so we can use the metal tool backwards curved part to gently grab it out.

Razor,

RD

"Hawaii Home Grown"
If it could be made a little more snug without getting it permanently stuck, then there would be a ton better heat transfer. I also suggested to put an indent in the glass jar on the inside so we can use the metal tool backwards curved part to gently grab it out.

My jar occasionally gets stuck and I have to put on one of the silicon caps and use the tool to remove it. Have a box of mini alcohol wipes and try to keep it all clean.

RD,

HighRy

To anyone who purchased a Yelp coupon:

Did you have any trouble using it to purchase the Ascent? A CSR is now telling me that I can't use the Yelp coupon on the Ascent. There was no mention of that and I've seen multiple reports on here of people using the coupon.

HighRy,

Razor

My jar occasionally gets stuck and I have to put on one of the silicon caps and use the tool to remove it. Have a box of mini alcohol wipes and try to keep it all clean.

Yeah. The most efficient method for the modified glass jar would for it to be in contact with the bowl as much as possible for heat transferrance, so that's the reason for putting an indent into it so you can gently pull it out with the ascent tool in case you maybe lose your lid or your lid just sucks.

Any engineering geniuses here that can read my past post about what I'm doing with this and maybe shed some insight? Would be much appreciated as my know how about most of this is stoner level meaning I read the hell out of stuff but no actual school for this. Just some common sense, reading and luckily one knowledgeable guy so far that's working with me.

Razor,

RD

"Hawaii Home Grown"

Did you have any trouble using it to purchase the Ascent? A CSR is now telling me that I can't use the Yelp coupon on the Ascent. There was no mention of that and I've seen multiple reports on here of people using the coupon.
I haven't missed many posts on this thread and can't recall mention of a Yelp coupon.

RD,

Razor

Question to everyone here. Does your ascent work when the battery is dead and its plugged into the wall? I'm hoping my battery didn't die for good, but it ran out of charge and I plugged it in to keep flowing only to see that the battery blinks when turned on and wont heat up. All this time, I've had the assumption that this unit could be used via wall charger. I had no clue there was a prerequisite of having to have charge first. It seems that its not charging while in use, while plugged in to me which is fine, but why would the battery being dead effect it being able to operate while plugged into the wall as again, I though this to be a feature but so far, only seems to be a .....half feature. Hmmm

Razor,
Reactions: Snappo

Shrike

Flower Potted, Maxed, & Rio'd.

Sounds like the CSR might be misinformed? I used a Yelp months ago for my Ascent with no problems. Back then I just needed to add a code in when ordering. I believe in recent months DaVinci has been asking people to call in their order when using the Yelp.

I would ask to escalate your call to someone that can get this taken care of for you. Not a lawyer, but I don't think they can tell you that you can't use it now when it has been perfectly okay to use it before.

Last edited:

RD

"Hawaii Home Grown"
I'm hoping my battery didn't die for good, but it ran out of charge and I plugged it in to keep flowing only to see that the battery blinks when turned on and wont heat up.
These batteries do NOT like to be fully discharged.

RD,

Razor

I agree but my point is the UNIT doesn't like to run while plugged in when the batteries are fully discharged. I was kind of drawn back a bit that they weren't able to have it function without the batteries having charge..

Just doesn't sound like a very hard thing to accomplish. I'm probably wrong though.

Razor,

KidFated.

Unknown Member
I used my og da vinci when its DEAD. Plug it in and heat that bitch up! Sad to see the ascent cant handle it

KidFated.,

Razor

Now I'm disappointed. I had to charge it for 10 min first and it kept it going without the battery depleting but when the day comes that these batteries are too old to run, I will be left with a paper weight..

This on the other hand sounds like a hardware issue and should be covered under the awesome warranty since it should work as yours does. Yay a silver lining!

Razor,

RD

"Hawaii Home Grown"
It would be interesting to hook a meter up to this and watch the voltage drop during use. And again during charge.

RD,

Lukevh

After 1 week with this i must say that i LOVE this thing. My solo hasnt been touched since i got it. And i really love my solo, so thats saying something. This seems to outperform the solo in every aspect but efficiency. Even there it is close behind. I dont mind using a little extra medicine for the convenience and flavor of this. With the solo i never felt comfortable using it in public. It is so so satisfying using the ascent on the patio of my favorite coffee shop while i drink my morning cup.

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
:D Nice! I just completed the trifecta starting with the Ascent, then Cera, and Solo and I must say I'm posting this to this thread because the Ascent, well, it definitely kicked my ass more then the other 2 :freak: Maybe just slightly more weed too in there but smooooooth:ko: Don't get me wrong, the Cera and Solo still :ko:. FUCK! :doh: I better go test again just to make sure :peace:

Top Bottom