Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

Vitolo

Vaporist
I will agree about the draw. I feel it is easier also.
I think the brass ones were snugger. The SSS seems to be an easier fit.
This could contribute to the air flow being easier, and allow some level of hit control.
Oh.. Deez.. If I have not mentioned.. about the Zap photo....
unknownfj.png

Vitolo,

RumbleShorts

NYC,
She sure is pretty and makes a pair with the Walnut?. I'm glad you are back home and got to fire her up. This last week knowing she was home waiting for your return must have been rough.

Hopefully, Rick get's my girl in the mail today and we can see what's what :)

If your on the left coast, try and stay cool today, At least temp wise. I know your all critically cool in the general sense.

RumbleShorts,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Classic, classy cherry NYC. Very nice. :tup: Looking forward to your thoughts about it.

And, I also agree with your statement about the draw.

momofthegoons,

Nycdeisel

Thanks man, I mean Mom :cool:

I love it! good airflow, and I love the grain on it and the size is just perfect!

I must have put at least 5 coats of Buzz butter on it and now its holding a bit of the wax on the surface so I think that is enough! :p

Word Rumbleshorts, there was lots of excitement regarding this package. It was very reassuring to know it was safe and sound in my house.

I hope one day in the future that my walnut one can get the ROCKing surgery ;)

Nycdeisel,

turtles

should never have asked when mine will arrive, knowing that it will be here soon is driving me bonkers :lol:

turtles,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I can't do photos as well as Deez.. but I am working at it.
I am trying to prepare for the arrival of the SSSRockZap ...
so you guys are a captive audience while I do my practice shot! (1st Zap Shot with new camera, and waxed "girls").
DSC00078.jpg

Left to right:
Kushin' (Curly Blonde Myrtle), Sika-Mora (Sycamore Brass Zap), Walnetta (Walnut Brass), Nurse Myrtz (40 year old Myrtle SSS Zap- so named for her Medical Status!)
Missing from image is Ravin' the figured Walnut Second Life Zap. She was busy diffusing lavender oil in the bedroom, but promises to make another appearance soon.

Vitolo,

Rick

Zapman
NYC, glad you are happy with your Cherry. They do run about as warm as anything and also look very nice. Good to be home, eh? Funny how home is home wherever it is. NYC or the boondocks. Home is home.
Turtles
There will be a couple more out tomorrow and everything else, Zap-wise, will ship Friday/Saturday. They are all complete except for assembly and bench test.
al bundy
Correct, the BDG is gone but only temporarily. We are re-winding the website with new packages with more choices for accessories. THE PRICE FOR THE TRADITIONAL TOP INSTALL, NON-INSULATED ZAP WILL GO DOWN AND OUR ROCKZAPS, WITH AN FC DISCOUNT, WILL COME IN VERY CLOSE TO OUR CURRENT MZ PRICE. So my advice to flasharoo and anyone else is wait a little longer before buying. Our initial jump into this new scene will have good deals for FC members.
The RockZaps shown a few posts back will not be sold....yet. They are being Beta tested by different folks who are FC members. They will be delivered the first of next week, possibly earlier. I decided to do it this way because it is not fair to those in 'the middle' who offer to buy revisions that may not be the last revision. We also need other opinions on our latest design and this is the best way to do it.
With the website update will be SS stem tips, another reason to wait.

Vito, you crack me up, unnatural positions and all. Or maybe my mind is just whacked out late in the day?
OMG, watch out for Vito and his new snapper! nice pic!

Rick,

Nycdeisel

you really dressed em up for that didnt ya Vito? with all that polish :D

the funny thing is my camera is so old and really at the low end of todays digi camera standards, i only get good shots from it because I have had it so long im used to it.

Thats a great shot^! really shines!

isnt it interesting how some units have lots of visible pores on the wood and others are very smooth? variety is the spice of life! what kind of wood are you getting for the SSSRockZap?

it sure is Rick! good to be back, its comforting. my dog just got back too, everything is going back to normal :freak:

Nycdeisel,

turtles

Rick said:
NYC, glad you are happy with your Cherry. They do run about as warm as anything and also look very nice. Good to be home, eh? Funny how home is home wherever it is. NYC or the boondocks. Home is home.
Turtles
There will be a couple more out tomorrow and everything else, Zap-wise, will ship Friday/Saturday. They are all complete except for assembly and bench test.
its not a big deal, I've just got kid before Christmas syndrome

turtles,

the ob

all good in the hood.
remind me to sign up as a beta tester next time :)

can't wait to hear how they perform for everyone......
There is new good stuff every day on here.

Modnote: As per forum rules, please do not ask to beta test. Thank you.

the ob,

Nycdeisel

Nice SDhaze! good to see ya!

wow so many new things in zapville its crazy! Now I want some of those SS stems :cool: :)

thanks again rickk, did a fantastic job on mine.

the pictures dont even do it justice(as Im sure you all know ;))

Nycdeisel,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Rick... the Zaps are set kind of like bowling pins.. and had Ravin' joined us, she likely would have sat up front!
*I had forgotten I spoke of unnatural positions!- to me it is the one thing that I see Log Vape users do that makes me cringe.. they prop the vape against a wall or shelf, and force the cord at a 45 angle down toward the floor .. to "hide" the cord. They tuck it back after each use. Not a good idea... let the cord relax back there close to the unit! :2c:
Deez... The SSSRockZap is a Maple, stained with a red/orange food dye.
I already have a name for her picked out... but must touch her once.. to be sure the name is truly meant to be hers!

Vitolo,

Nycdeisel

oh yea I saw one like that, is it the gripper type like that picture as well?
sounds pretty dope nonetheless im stoked to see it.

Nycdeisel,

collegerower

the ob said:
remind me to sign up as a beta tester next time :)

I agree 100%. I am already beta testing for the EV-1 so I have experience :brow:

Modnote: As per forum rules, please do not ask to beta test. Thank you.

collegerower,

smartrott

Snapshot_20110908.jpg

Off to work. Nothin like a fresh zap to get the day going. Runnin real strong, real real real strong.

Nothins fina than vapin in north carolina!

smartrott,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Well good morning smartrott. Good to see you starting the day with the breakfast of the champions! :lol:

momofthegoons,

psyshaman

Vapor Viking
Here you go as promised, my beautiful RockZap I've been getting to know and love.
A little tiny pic to tease before I take some good shots to show the truly amazing grain
th_E3D94F1E-orig.jpg

This thing is the hottest log vaporizer I own by far, hotter than my two PD Pandora's and my Walnut Brass Zap.
I can pull thick milky clouds from any glass at my vapor station with ease on the 12v transformer.
I tested the 13.5v adapter I have and it got so warm it almost singed the top of a stem.
It was a fun experiment but 13.5 adapter is far from needed with this hot little baby!
It's perfect just the way it is and getting more exquisite the more I polish it!
Thanks so much Rick! :D :D :peace:

psyshaman,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I've been looking at log type vapes ever since I got in to vaping and intent to get one eventually. Really like the looks of the one Smartrott has. Is it possible to get your AVB really dark with these SS Zaps, and does anyone know if they ship to EU?

OhTheAgony,

Rick

Zapman
Vito, you are a sage.
"Advice-
Polish her often.
Respect her.
Breath deeply of the vapors."

When I made the almost instant decision to send a few units out for Beta testing rather than sell them, I knew there would be some disappointment as everybody wants to be a Beta tester.(good to know the mods are watching our thread!) I had already picked two, mom and Vito, because they have "ongoing purchase orders for Zaps" you might say. Then Rumbleshorts had just returned his less than par performing RockZap1(it was under performing BTW, not his inexperience that caused the problem) so that was a no brainer to send him one to tide him over.
Three others were picked almost immediately. When I have to make a decision like this, I do it very quickly, almost impulsively. Like when I pick a front of a Zap for the led. Pick it, do it, no second guess.
I did not do 'favorites'(except mom and Vito) but I did rely on one of my favorite sayings to help me decide quickly. "Belly up to the bar" came to mind on all three. I also think they will be objective.
We do need this 'review' before the serious stuff. I am very confident our SSS closed bottom heatport works very well in the traditional wood only insulated log vape style. Those will always be available from us at a good price. I am getting the build process down to 95% done on the lathe. Perfect centers and alignment with no more leaning towers of pizza. New customers will also notice some top lathe work on the traditional Zap log. Nothing fancy but more rounded at the top with the top hole rounded out. I will be adding more wood tweaking as time goes on.
The insulated RockZap is another story. It is a new product and we have to confirm the performance is as it should be. Density of the concrete cup DOES matter, just like when wood is the insulator. The lighter, more airy mix runs warmer than standard concrete mix with sand only as the aggregate. I think that is what happened with RumbleShorts Myrtle. The problem with RockZap1 is they are basically non-disassembly-able. I may put it on a 13.5 and re-test. I DO NOT like the original top install design as it is too easy to burn your finners on that wide open heatport even if they look SS cool. The bottom install design that we will be using can be disassembled in minutes.
We are coming to some agreement on RockZap performance. It is very good and pulls and pulls. ABV medium/heavy brown, not dark dark brown. The design DOES insulate the wood, without a doubt. We are getting away with very little wood on these as the wood serves a different purpose than on the traditional log vape. That will mean very long lasting log vapes with no rattle and small too. I think all the beta testers will be surprised at the size of these things. In fact that is one thing we need to check. Do we have enough of a wood shell around the rock? They are very warm to hold, perhaps too warm for some. We also will be trying different finishes.
I will be working on the website this weekend. We will start with the original design with SSS heatport and SS stem tips, then add the rockZap when we have convinced ourselves it is ready to roll.
We only ship to US addresses. That could change far into the future. Our first job is the USA and that job is currently full time.
psyshaman got the lighter concrete cup. Closer to 50 grams. Stocker cup(stock concrete mix that we no longer use) is about 65 grams.

Rick,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I assure you an in depth look at this SSSRockZap, through eyes well focused.
That means that for 24 hours from 1st hit thru bedtime, until 1st hit, no other unit gets used to medicate.
I love Rick & ZapLady, and appreciate all of you.... but the way I study a vape is not only out of loyalty and love... It is out of need.
I too am on a quest!
I want this Zap to be "The One"...
The one that I run to when my condition brings me to my knees.
This SSSRockZap represents more than a "test unit"... it is a light at the end of a tunnel that keeps many patients from constant relief.
Yes... I will study well, and during those 24 hours- although criticism may arise, my role won't be that of a critic.
My role will be that of a man that wants to medicate fast, and often.
My role will be a very hopeful role in all of this.... with each "test hit".
My role: Patient with a Prayer

Vitolo,
Top Bottom