Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

G

Ok. don't wanna get my hand slapped. i'm over this subject already!

Guest,

FEAR420

lwien said:
FEAR420 said:
Ozmist said:
You're a hot-head, i'm not stirring up nothing dude. i don't know why
you have a hair across your ass...just relax FEAR420 it's not that serious
ok bubba. :peace:
Say something about me again & there's gonna be a problem. This is your first & last warning from me personally. I will NOT stand for people attacking me on a personal level.
Hit the report button Fear. Personal attacks is a bannable offense. Check out his join date. His purpose here should be obvious.
I did...twice...

FEAR420,
G

AGBeer said:
Ozmist said:
You're a hot-head, i'm not stirring up nothing dude. i don't know why
you have a hair across your ass...
just relax FEAR420 it's not that serious
ok bubba. :peace:
That seems like a little passive-agressiveness and contradictoryness all in the same sentence.

Sure Fear can be a bit 'serious' round these parts, but you also have to take into consideration that we have seen these arguments over and over and over and they get rather old. When they get restirred, it tends to irritate us with the 'Not this shit again'

Like you said, sit back, relax and enjoy a vape. Bottom line is that is what we are ALL here for. :)
i totally understand that. my bad.

Guest,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Not sure where to start here, Ozmist, aka Walvapor... but it ends with this rule: Multiple accounts are not allowed. One account per member.

Your duplicate account will be deleted and your original gets 4 infractions.

vtac,

max

Out to lunch
^ Does your post contribute to getting the thread back on topic? And that's a rhetorical question. ;)

max,

dosteov

Hey all. I got my Myrtlezap on Saturday. I plugged it in broke up some weed, waited an hour and packed up the stem and let it rip. I never vaped before this so what can I say about the high? It's definitely a little different then a smoking high. It def feels a bit "cleaner" and a bit more "psychedlic" if that makes any sense. I really want to like it as I'm sick of feeling the negative effects of smoking. And I def. feel pretty high after a few hits. Like I said it's a different high though. The taste is pretty awesome. You really get a good taste of the weed. It seems to somewhat irritate my lungs and throat but my lungs def feel better since I stopped smoking (last time I smoked was on Friday). I'm attributing the irritation to the dryness of the vapor (maybe the heat too).

How much should I pack in that little stem? Typically the 1st hit I get a decent vapor cloud when exhaling. Each subsequent hit is much weaker. I seem to get about 3-4 hits from one stem.

What about the temperature? What's the temp that the MyrtleZap vapes at? I've read allot about different vaping temperatures and what not so am just curious (it seems like allot of vapes allow you to increase the temperature).

It def seems to be much more efficient as well.

All and all I'm very happy I made the change (as are my lungs). I'm still trying to figure out if I miss the old smoking high or not. But will keep vaping all week and then revisit this question.

dosteov,
dosteov said:
What about the temperature? What's the temp that the MyrtleZap vapes at? I've read allot about different vaping temperatures and what not so am just curious (it seems like allot of vapes allow you to increase the temperature).
Good question. I am interested in the answer too.
If I had to guess, I would say somewhere around 365F, just based on the end results I get.

But I would love to hear the real "poop" from the big guy himself.

Howie Feltersnatch,

collegerower

Well I have received my Zap on Monday, and boy is she a keeper! Rick was extremely patient with countless e-mail with requests and specifics, and came through meeting them all!

I will let her speak for herself:

I LOVE it, and am extremely glad that I went with the Zap! Sorry for all the photo's, but I just had to share! I am still getting the hang of it, and will post a review in due time.

EDIT: By the way, this is the "Dark One" on the bottom row of Zaps that Rick took a photo of last week.

collegerower,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Wow!! That is a beautiful piece of wood! Congratualtions and happy vaping :D

Lo,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Very nice looking Zap. Enjoy.

For those who have read my previous posts, I do have a Zap update. Hadn't vaped out of my Zap for probally 7 or 8 weeks, it has actually been out on loan to a friend. I always previously used my 13v plug (not 13.5v) w/ the zap but noticed yesterday the 12v is now plenty enough. I think it really take a couple of months for the zap to fully dry and reach its true vaping potential. A friend who had tried the Zap months ago and who has used my PD probally 100 times also noticed the huge difference. I'd say my Zap is now cherry, and anything more then 12v would be overkill. My :2c:

IAmKrazy2,

obelisk

Idiot (no relation to the Savants)
IAmKrazy2 said:
Very nice looking Zap. Enjoy.

For those who have read my previous posts, I do have a Zap update. Hadn't vaped out of my Zap for probally 7 or 8 weeks, it has actually been out on loan to a friend. I always previously used my 13v plug (not 13.5v) w/ the zap but noticed yesterday the 12v is now plenty enough. I think it really take a couple of months for the zap to fully dry and reach its true vaping potential. A friend who had tried the Zap months ago and who has used my PD probally 100 times also noticed the huge difference. I'd say my Zap is now cherry, and anything more then 12v would be overkill. My :2c:
that is interesting. how would the wood drying help make the vape more effective? (not challenging your statement, just interested to know why you came to that conclusion-- i know nothing about stuff like this and am trying to learn)

and holy crap, collegerower, that is beautiful, man, awesome!

obelisk,

lwien

obelisk said:
that is interesting. how would the wood drying help make the vape more effective? (not challenging your statement, just interested to know why you came to that conclusion-- i know nothing about stuff like this and am trying to learn)
I have a PD that's been on 24/7, and it is definitely running warmer than it did when it was new. I believe that when the wood dries out, it becomes less porous and retains the internal heat more.

lwien,

B.

War Criminal
When I first got my MZ I needed to use the 13.5v to get milky hits. It's been on 24/7 for a month now, and I no longer need the 13.5 to get milky hits, the 12v does me just right, it seems to be running just a little bit hotter than when I first got it. The 13.5v is good for when I want a nice vapor punch in the head, but I much prefer the 12v now, it's way better than it was when I first got it.

If I had to do it over again, I'd still get the 13.5v, if only to use for the first few weeks when the 12v isn't quite runnin hot enough for me, or for when I want to mix things up.

B.,

UncleJoseph

Question: Do owners who DON'T get a 13 or 13.5 experience an increase in vapor volume/operating temperature after several weeks as well? I'm pretty vaked so I'm having trouble understanding if everyone responding is using a higher voltage or not.

Also, is ordering online my best bet for a voltage upgrade, or would a Radioshack have something like that available in store for pick up?

Thanks!

UncleJoseph,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
Don't have a MZ, but my friend does, and I've noticed over the past few months it has gotten warmer and does give thicker vapor. I noticed the same thing occur with my PD as well. First few weeks are nothing compared to several months down the line after it has been running 24/7.
I've experimented with the higher voltage, but as my vape has aged I find I can get similar results on the original 12v. I no longer use my adapters that are a high voltage, and the variable voltage adapters I have never get turned higher than 12v now.

DevoTheStrange,

aero18

vaporist
After the break-in period, I'd say that the only reason you would want to use it is for groups of people to keep the temperature at its optimum.

aero18,

SSS

mmj patient under siege by the obama admin
i use the 12v. i don't seem to be having trouble getting big hits off my pd if i want them. i just adjust the technique to do it.

SSS,

Rick

Zapman
Wow collegerower, that's one nice MyrtleZap! Thanks for the pictures. You need to get some more of that ZaPolish on her and rub it in. It will shine up nice.
Howie, you are real close, as close as I could guess, to the temp of the MyrtleZap. You are all learning(we knew and passed it on) that they will run a bit warmer with a good thorough break-in period. I would describe the temp as being within a range(360+ to 380+) that is dependent on a range of factors like available voltage in the power grid and to the Zap, ambient temperature, wood density(Myrtlewood varies a lot), stem tip pack and draw method and of course age of the unit(being on 24/7) among other factors. I would also say 390 degrees is rare in a Zap. They will run warmer with age but still not up there with the big guys.
However we describe what happens with age with these type of vapes, my take is the wood does not act as a heatsink to the heat exchanger to the same degree as when new. They produce warmer vaping air when given some time. Only slightly warmer but noticeable. I think they will get to the same place with the 12 volt all the time too. You do not need the 13.5 to age the Zap. Nice to say now that I have some more in stock. They will give thicker hits, no matter how old the Zap is because the heater runs hotter with more voltage. Amperage makes no difference as long as you have at least an amp(1000ma). We get $15 delivered for a 13.5 if ordered alone. You will not find them less than that delivered. Sometimes things are offered as a customer service at a return of our cost only(or less). The 13.5 is one of those.

That wood came from a small chunk of Myrtlewood burl. Got just enough for two Zaps. Those orange specks are unreal as is the whole piece.

Rick,

dosteov

Hey Rick. What volt do I have? I just ordered it. It says 12VAC 1000ma. Should I order the higher VAC? Sorry for my electrical ignorance.

Too should I leave it on 24/7 too the first few weeks? I do notice it gives me thicker hits after it's been left on for awhile. The first hit is obviously the thickest regardless. I just took two hits after getting home from work (it was only warmed up for 45 minutes) and the vapor hits weren't that thick. I'm def pretty high now and the ABV def seemed pretty spent so I know it's working :).

dosteov,
Top Bottom