Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Right back at you Willuminati. :D

I got a VV from Rick yesterday and have been playing around with it. What a fun little "toy!" Haven't figured out my ideal temp yet. Some where at the higher end of 13... but that was at night. I think for daytime a bit closer to 12.

So fun to have options. :tup:

is the vv working good for you mom? I was thinking it would work good if your pressed for time pop the heat up a bit and cook the stem a bit quicker. May lack the flavor but gets job done quicker. Any thoughts?

Willuminati,
Reactions: Rick
Depends on how much time you have. Rick said it would take at least 10 minutes for the zap to fully adjust temp, so a "quick temp bump" is not really that quick.

Psychic

Psychic Medium/Vaporist
Rick... send me a picture of Jasper.
I will memorialize him permanently in Second Life, on my Dog parks Pet Memorial
And I will light a candle for him at our Metaphysical Center in Real Life and in Second Life to help ease transition. God bless you....stay strong. Prayers are on the way.

Psychic,
i am still figuring out the VV PS i can tell it's going to take me a long time to figure out. especially because i haven't actually had a chance to sit down and figure it out. i got it and then 2 days later have been traveling ever since, so it's only gotten one or two uses before it's unplugged and moved again.
from what i have discovered, if you crank it to a nice temperature to get vapor and take a hit or two, then crank it up to 15 or 16 volts after the first hit or two it will heat up nicely to a slowly increasing temperature with each hit. allowing me to get the nice lower temp vapors, and then some of the higher temp vapors. i end up with pretty nicely colored weed. then half way on the last hit i crank it back down to the starting temperature and rinse and repeat.
when comparing this to my myrtlezap i again come to the same conclusion. the myrtlezap offered very efficient very consistent very even vaping every time. there was very little variation and very little control you had over the whole process. you could change up the grind of the weed and the dryness of the weed, you could change the packing of the weed and people talk about draw speed, but honestly no matter how i hit it, and no matter how i packed it (unless i was really doing something crazy) i got essentially the exact same results. the grind and dryness make a big difference, but they make the same big difference with both vapes, so in comparing doesn't matter. with the new CRZ and VV PS you have much more control over how it is vaped, which means you can vape it exactly how you want it, if you know the vape well enough. however if you don't know the vape well enough (which at this point i don't) then you can also get a more inconsistent and less even vaping experience.
so old MZ with standard PS offered very consistent results and very little variability.
new CRZ with VV PS offers much more control over how you would like to vape it and also has a much longer learning curve.
I got very lucky with my old MZ and it happened to vape my weed perfectly exactly how i like it, and because of the consistency i always got perfectly vaped weed.
for me personally i also had managed to over the years find things that worked perfectly with the old brass stems. and the change from brass to SS was small, but large enough that everything that used to fit perfectly with my brass stems are now just slightly too small to be used seemlessly with the new SS stems. this is just a small and personal issue i have, but still an inconvenience for me. so currently if i had to choose a vaporizer to use it would probably be my old MZ, but in time i may come to prefer my CRZ. once i have mastered the VV PS, and have found new things that fit perfectly with the stems.
i still want to get a while to just sit down with this thing figure it out, take some pictures and provide a real solid review of this thing, because at this point my thoughts and opinions are still fluctuating a lot.

StealthGrower,
I thank you for that review, with my black locust CRZ I am getting to the point I can tell when she is on a surge if it is nice and hot to the touch she is screaming to be used if it's warm to the touch I end up setting her back down until she is screaming to be used again. i think once i have the vv i will be able to dial her to that touch i know is hot enough. I blame the power grids and smart meters.

Willuminati,

Rick

Zapman
Stealth, I have a different vision for the VV Power supply use with a Zap. I do see the VV as a throttle control or heat control, yes, but it helps to put your mind and actions into the Zap Train. The Zap and VV linked together are like a train. It takes at least 15 minutes for the Zap to stabilize to a new voltage setting, maybe more, depending on environmental factors. Yes, you can move to different vape temps with the VV but it takes time. The results are not instant or even close to instant. Pick a voltage setting to start like 13 or 13.5. Let the Zap settle at that setting, then try it. Make changes in 1/4 volt increments. I find all the temps I like are within one volt on the display.
Remember the train. Trains take a good deal of time to slow or speed up.

Rick

Zapman
Well shit! Six hours has passed so I will have to start another post rather than edit my last which I intended to do. Damn new rules!
Another fun day in the shop. This time scrounging through some semi completed blocks I had put in the "seconds" bin during the regular turning process with CRZs over the last several months. These blocks would not make a regular grade 'A' Zap because of a small blemish of some kind. Knot nicks, small surface crack, maybe a defect in the top, all small but all blemished in some way.
They still make excellent Zaps so we finished a few and put them up as "BLEMZAPS". The same CRZ with the same performance as always but with a cosmetic discount. Our discount code is still in effect on all Zap purchases but you have to be signed in to see it in our signature.

Here is a Chestnut and Ambrosia Maple. Both BLEMZAPS
M18Chestnut.jpg

M16AmbrosiaMaple.jpg

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
Does anyone seem to get more restriction or resistance to the draw using the VV?

Jeppy,

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
Hmmm, no I tried a new stem. I keep them clean anyway. Maybe the vapor is just much more dense?

Jeppy,

HerbieVonVapster

Hey Jeppy couple thoughts ..first have you change material depending on quality I noticed a difference if there less goodness need to suck harder. Could see that as restriction or resistance. Of course you had a ZAP of awhile if memory suits me today so would kinda rule that out.

Second maybe increase of of voltage on the VV ps ? If too low it does seem like is resistance because not exacting as much as your normally use too.

Third have you turn off vv ps off and then back on check the connection make sure a wire isn't loose or anything.

Honestly my guess would be temperature too low . Since every units is different I would go up by .10 till find sweet spot, mines settled in at 14.20 morning to 14.40 evenings.

HerbieVonVapster,

Rick

Zapman
I find the main cause of restricted airflow for me is getting to the bottom of a pile or around the edges of the pile where the herb grind is finer that desirable. Then just a bit of an overload in the tip because that finer grind sucks in easier. WTF is going on?????? Heated air cannot get through the stem tip contents properly. Also remember the vapor is made as the heated air travels through the stem tip contents. What goes on before the stem tip contents is the same airflow as always. Only difference is that airflow is a little hotter or cooler now because of the VV.
Quality, quantity, grind and pack of the stem tip is still the most important part of using a Zap along with how you pull. I like smaller, looser stem tip loads.

HerbieVonVapster

Ah fine grind, its love hate there have to suck harder but also where a lot of the best crystal are hiding so reward may be worth the effort :)

Sorry rainy day for me = pain so instead of lurking posting to take mind away (plus maybe had a little to much extra time with the zaps this morning).

The VV ps is working out well for me and really liking this Rockzap..been awhile since used brass stems. Kinda digging the smaller bowl size at the higher heat.

Other 2 zaps are missing my love a little. The walnut ended up upstairs in bedroom. Where she now get first and last hit of the day ... so guess she can't complain to much.

My other used to go to, is going get so lovin this week with the VV ps. Should be fun

HerbieVonVapster,
grrrrr so far today my black locust CRZ decides to run just on the edge of cool.....back on the shelf till she decides to touch hot again. I tried sweet talking and then a little dirty talk slowly caressing her trying to get her all hot and nothin.... maybe I will threaten her make her stand in the corner.

Willuminati,
Reactions: Elluzion
damn I cant wait til 5 o clock tomorrow, I should be getting a new power supply in... if this one is defective I don't know what I am liable to do... I believe luck is gonna be on my side, surely I won't get two in a row that ain't worth a shit....

PanicFreak,
I'm working on getting that vv I just gotta wait till the funds are available or another giftable holiday comes my way...

Willuminati,

Rick

Zapman
Will, it seems a package for you came in on one of the Zap trains from The Master Flow yesterday. I'll try to keep it moving today.
And back to more VV news. New projects require attention and sometimes a tweak here or there to get the flow right.
It was time to order my second batch of VVs yesterday as we got to the bottom of that big box in a hurry. This time I am trying a few units of an upscale version offered by the same suppliers besides the regs. I mentioned our failure rate to the boss, about 10% and he said that is slightly above what they normally expect for that model(Stealth). He also passed on the failure rate of another model was much less and the construction is heavier duty. Just built better. Also neater to look at and a ten turn voltage adjust dial meaning you can dial in voltage very precisely.
Our plan at this stage is to continue to offer the current model as our entry level VV PS and offer an upscale VV PS as an option. I will also be making some dual unit cords(power two Zaps at once) and have a feeling they will work better with the higher quality VV.
Our choice at this time is the Hildbrandt Spartan. Our first few test units will be the Camaro Yellow model but we will be stocking the brushed SS model if there is decent demand for a higher quality VV PS. I am guessing we will be getting $10-15 more for the deluxe.
Here is what they look like. I'll have them in stock along with the Stealth by Friday.
spartan-tattoo-power-unit.jpg

spartan-tattoo-power-supply-yellow.jpg

I also want to add we are tinning the wires that insert into the little green/black Zap plug for the VV Power cord. A simple step that makes for a near bullet-proof install of the plug. I pull real hard on those plugs when I finish as the final QA test on the plug install.
Panic, you should have got a VV from us as we make sure they work for a day at least before shipping.

Rick you truly are the shepherd to the zapville flock, the godfather, the pack leader, man, myth, legend. I can't think of anything better to describe but working it out so I can be the proud owner of a vv Is amazing. Big Thank you Rick.

Willuminati,

placetime

Don't wait for the Zap train to stop to get on board--advancements will continue!
So Rick, the heavier-duty VVP on it's own (with your custom cables/plugs) will sell for $55 or $60, is that right?

placetime,

Rick

Zapman
placetime, that number is right in the ballpark. The heavier duty Spartan retails for $40 without shipping. We will sell one with a custom power cord, shipping included for $55-60. That number will be very close to what can be done without coming through us but we will also double check each unit before shipping.
The real deal will be a Zap purchase with the Spartan as a substitute power supply as we will be able to offer them with the power cord for less than the retail price of the VV alone, very similar to what we are doing now with the Stealth PS.
It's all about shipping.
I am real anxious to give the ten turn voltage adjustment a try.

Rick,
Top Bottom