Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
^^^^
vcasal2, it's called grasping at straws IMO. :shrug:

Now the thing with her is she was an exceptionally wet girl when she got to Zapville.
:rofl: Well then it's a good thing she came to you isn't it?

Hi ob!!!! Good to see you here. Thanks for the love.

Yes, Walnita is giving great big clouds of vapor. Right from the start. You did an exceptional job setting her straight Rick. :p

momofthegoons,
Reactions: mvapes

Lycanthrope

King Of The Loons
Mom:
Walnita is a beautiful girl with a dark coffee complexion. I would like to see a pic showing all of your Zaps together in one photo.

Lycanthrope,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
When you mentioned how wet she was, and the fact that now she is blowing huge clouds I nearly... :brow::brow:

Then I realized it was wood you were working with.

Winning failage in my head = Awesome

AGBeer,

isleepy1

Just keep doing what you're doing Rick, and keep positive, anyone who's not a total PD fanboy can see right through what is going "over there" and the best thing you can do is stay above it and let the facts speak for themselves. The PD thread is how I actually found this thread, so thanks Tom! Mom, nice piece, I would also love to see a family shot too!

isleepy1,

Rick

Zapman
I see my favorite competitor(mfc) has re-re-re edited his recent post putting me down again and again. I urge all to read it and what lead up to it. Post #5901 on the PD thread. This will be the last time I spend any serious time on this subject. From now on, if the need arises, I will copy/paste some or all of this post. I do think it is important I respond in some way as new people are always lurking around FC.

First, to lwein. I always try to be a nice guy but I am not passive about much at all. And I will get aggressive when someone calls me a liar and says I am poisoning people with my product. I do respond differently than mfc. Almost every post by me on the subject is defense from slanderous comments from your friend, mfc. You know I would love to let this go but your friend continues to bring up the subject.
Now a fact or two from me.
Yes, we have always known there is some tiny amount of lead in the alloy brass. We also know and have known that lead will always stay in the alloy brass with the relatively low heat produced in AZ/MZ. If one melted the brass into a molten glob of brass, the lead would still be in the alloy brass. Our product is and always has been safe.That is why I do not bite on most of mfc questions. I would have to assume he is truthful and I cannot do that because of my past experience with him. The issue of AZ/MZ being unsafe was and is created by mfc to sell his copy of our product which has not been available since mid march. There has never been any lead in the vaping air produced by AZ/MZ. Never. mfc is dishonest in his implication that our product is or ever was unsafe to use.
Thank you mfc for reminding the world that we have another full time job besides AZ/MZ during several months of the year, a Certified Organic Farm. We have about an acre and sell to fine chefs and at the local farmers market. We grow and produce Organic vegetables to eat. We make no claims about our ZaPolish being organic even though the mineral oil we use is for human consumption. We assume our customers do not eat or lick their wood which would still be plenty safe if they choose to do so. We all know the term "organic" is over used by dishonest business people these days. You are correct mfc, your use of it is a joke.We will stick to our vegetables. Hell, even our pigs and chickens are not officially "organic" even though they have a very good clean, healthy and happy life.
We are also 64 and 66 years of age.
We have no surrogates to send your way so you can play "whack a mole" with them, mfc. No need to do that as you play that game with just about anyone on the forum who does not kiss your ass. That is why you are "mfc". I love people to see who you are, how you treat people and you provide lots of opportunity for that. We do have people that like doing business with us and enjoy following our thread. They enjoy the fun and information on our thread. We do treat people with respect even if we disagree. We also believe that is what a forum is about. Lots of input from lots of people, not one master chef.

Lastly I would also agree with your statement that "I cannot ever get away with what I have done, NEVER!!!" That is so true. I am always reaping the benefits of what I have done and I am proud of it all. Our life has shaped up better than our wildest dreams. We are very happy with our life. Of course the same is true for you, mfc. You get to live with what you have done. Like making people wait so many months for a simple piece of wood with a small electric kiln in it to arrive once they paid for it. Then there are all the people you have put down in your special way. Keep it up. I am so glad you are not very wise. Consumers love to see a guy obsessed with knocking a competing product. Good Job!

Rick,

OC513

Dabaholic
Rick said:
lost alot of good wood to her wetness but came out pretty good in the end. She too had a crack problem but only because the center of the log went right through her middle. One of those left with the officer after the wedding.
Glad everyone is having a good time. We are too. It has been a very nice ride
Oh yes, I almost forgot. Miss W was blowing nice clouds when she left here. It's a good thing. Glad you like her mom.
Rick you just might have a billion dollar screenplay here :D

OC513,

Rick

Zapman
isleepy1
Looks like yours and a few others should be arriving Thursday, not Wednesday. We were doing fine today, ahead of schedule on the last turning of the last Zap and my lathe died. Motor gone so off to Harbor Freight I go. Lost about three hours but picked up the unit a step above my old one. Was going to finish the Zaps then Mike rolls in with the flatbed full with three cords of wood to be unloaded. Then feed the pigs. Then drink some gin. First batch of the week will go out Tuesday for an expected Thursday arrival. Glass always goes out right away. The old one has done several hundred Zaps so she has earned her keep and a new motor will fix her.

Rick,

reece

Here's a verse from one of my favorite bands. I think of it fits our favorite Zapfolk's philosophy.

Everything you do it comes back to you. Whatever it may be.
If it isn't one thing rest assured that something.
Will come back and pay you for your deed
A shortcut's a self defeating means, if you cannot do it clean.
You'll never reach your reward.
And when the day is done, what you receive is the sum.
Of what you took out, from what you put in.

http://s0.ilike.com/play#311:Paradi...9.0.2.16,std_bfe87bd96167478ab3ead085e5ebcdb5

reece,

isleepy1

Rick said:
isleepy1
Looks like yours and a few others should be arriving Thursday, not Wednesday. We were doing fine today, ahead of schedule on the last turning of the last Zap and my lathe died. Motor gone so off to Harbor Freight I go. Lost about three hours but picked up the unit a step above my old one. Was going to finish the Zaps then Mike rolls in with the flatbed full with three cords of wood to be unloaded. Then feed the pigs. Then drink some gin. First batch of the week will go out Tuesday for an expected Thursday arrival. Glass always goes out right away. The old one has done several hundred Zaps so she has earned her keep and a new motor will fix her.
Too bad about your lathe Rick. Glad to see you got her repaired so quickly! Looks like I'll be waiting till after the mail arrives Thursday to leave for the hills then, any reason you see why I shouldn't warm her up the first time on 12v dc on the drive? Also I'm confused about the glass shipping out right away? Does this mean I should have already received my glass toot from my primo kit? Thanks for the hard work!

isleepy1,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
You should have no issues warming it with the car adapter during your drive. Just be advised that it will run a wee bit hotter than it will when plugged in to the 12v in the wall.

The best part about this is you will not have to wait very long once you get it from car to house :) It will be nice and toasty warm already!

AGBeer,

Rick

Zapman
Tried out my new lathe this morning. Very sweet, a quality tool made in China. You all do know it is near impossible to buy any small electric tool not made in China or at least made in the USA. This thing weighs in at 90 pounds and is a benchtop model.
Anyway, this chunk of Myrtle was buried under one of my many piles of sawdust in one corner of the shop. I will get three or four stem holders from it. Some of the nicest wood I have is too small for Zaps.

newlathe002.jpg

newlathe003.jpg

Rick,

arf777

No longer dogless
I wish I'd found this thread sooner. I foolishly believed the hype on the other one long enough to order one, and was lucky to get it pretty quick.

But now I'm ordering my accesories from aromazap - glass stems and the like - and wish I'd bought from them. If my current unit dies, it'll be replaced with an Aromazap

I'd known about Aromazap for years, had always planned to buy one. Bu then a friend sent me a link to all the lead discussions. Once I dug out my old metallurgy texts (I'm a historian of science and tech by training) it was obvious that there wouldn't be an issue at vaping temps, if at any temp. Should have known better, but I'm as guilty as anyone about panicking about health issues - I vape for medical reasons.

In any other industry, the would have turned into a law suit. Apparently Rick is nicer and more mature than going that route. Kudos, and sorry I didn't order one of yours.

I also noticed the same folks bad mouth another new maker of log-style vapes, as it he's stolen the concept from PD, more than a little disingenuous.

arf777,

return2heaven

got my MZ today! words really can't describe how happy i'am right now:D.
i have some noob questions and im sorry if this has been asked before, this thread is just too large!

when using the MZ as an oil diffuser, how long will the oil last if i fill the dragonfly up completely? is it safe to fill it up and then go out for a few hours? thanks!

Rick, great product man! This thing hits soooo good!

return2heaven,

lwien

arf777 said:
I also noticed the same folks bad mouth another new maker of log-style vapes, as it he's stolen the concept from PD, more than a little disingenuous.
I was probably one of the most vocal against the maker of that "other" vape and my reasons went way beyond the stolen concept idea. My bigger issue was how he introduced his product, both here and at Ebay. I'm only commenting on this because the LAST thing that I try to be is disingenuous. As a matter of fact, I try to go out of my way to be anything but that and being labeled as not being candid or sincere is just flat out wrong. What I would suggest arf777, with only 4 posts under your belt, and a join date of less than 2 weeks ago, you may want to get the lay of the land, so to speak, before throwing out accusations like what you just did. I don't know how to be any less disingenuous than that. Btw.........welcome aboard.

Apologies to Rick and to all the Zapers in this thread being that it does not pertain to the Zaps, but I felt a bit compelled to respond to this.

lwien,

Rick

Zapman
yer fine lwein. I and most that I am aware of appreciate your posts. Maybe not way back in the beginning but you are always cool as far as I'm concerned anyway.
return
DO NOT fill the cup all the way with oil. Only a few drops at a time for it to work as good as it can(as per instructions). We have reduced the flower size lately to lower the heatsink affect with all the prettys that Zaplady adds. Glad you are happy with your Zap and have the pulls down the day you opened the box.
I love Saturday ships as they very regularly arrive on Monday.

Rick,

lwien

Rick said:
yer fine lwein. I and most that I am aware of appreciate your posts. Maybe not way back in the beginning but you are always cool as far as I'm concerned anyway.
Must be mellowing out in my old age. ;)

lwien,

B.

War Criminal
reece said:
Here's a verse from one of my favorite bands. I think of it fits our favorite Zapfolk's philosophy.

Everything you do it comes back to you. Whatever it may be.
If it isn't one thing rest assured that something.
Will come back and pay you for your deed
A shortcut's a self defeating means, if you cannot do it clean.
You'll never reach your reward.
And when the day is done, what you receive is the sum.
Of what you took out, from what you put in.

http://s0.ilike.com/play#311:Paradi...9.0.2.16,std_bfe87bd96167478ab3ead085e5ebcdb5
311 FTW!! :rockon:

B.,

donetodeath

Just wanted to say after a lot lurking i think i finally decided to dive into the log style vapes. Also, Rick you seem like a great businessman, and i really appreciate your constant customer interaction. Makes me more than happy to hand over my money to ya! I'll be ordering a primo kit first thing on Monday!

And to everyone else, thanks for all your comments and reviews, they made the research fun and easy. :D

donetodeath,

karazi

Rick, your product is best in class, your customer service is simply fantastic, you treat your customers, and any human in general, with utmost respect. Your ''competition'' could really learn a thing from you about integrity and class. Once again, keep up the good work.

karazi,

2clicker

Observer
Rick said:
Motor gone so off to Harbor Freight I go.
dont get your motor from Harbor Freight! :o

get it from somewhere like www.grainger.com

Harbor Freight goods are suspect IMO... just sayin

also i wanted to say that i think ill be ordering a zap soon

2clicker,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Yikes, I've been gone a few days because of internet problems and it looks like there are a few more new people here on the Zap thread! Welcome to all of you! And welcome to the forum donetodeath.

Wow Rick, those are beautiful pieces of myrtle. They'll make real nice holders.

reece, we can always count on you for the good tunes! :D

Lwien wrote: Must be mellowing out in my old age.
You haven't been dipping into the cookies too much, have you lwien? Might be time to cut down on the sugar before you get too sweet! :lol: Actually, I think you are one of the most objective posters on the forum.

momofthegoons,
Reactions: mvapes

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
yer fine lwein. I and most that I am aware of appreciate your posts. Maybe not way back in the beginning
You did have a brutal beginning Iwein. But after some initial bumps in the road, you have had plenty of insightful posts.... But, maybe your own beginning, might be reason to add that little sugar for when you do post in direct response to some of our newbies. But, i have noticed you being a little more gentle on the FC virgins as of recent. And yes i know, sometimes these newbies deserve a tongue lashing. keep on keeping on, you surely spend as much time here reading and posting as anyone.

Rik, that stem holder stock looks KILLER. Love it.

IAmKrazy2,

flouris

Question - what do you guys use to get the herb out of your stems after its been vaped? I read you could just blow it out but that doesn't seem to work with mine (and even if it did it would blow all over the place). I'd imagine trying to blow the abv into an altoids tin with the rest of my abv I'd end up with an abv-snowstorm in my living room.

I've been using a simple picture frame nail to poke and scrape the stuff out - but just wanted to make sure it wouldn't pose any health risk with the leaded brass tips?

Edited to add: I wait for my stuff to become bone dry before using it in the vape, and I don't pack it too tight (that I know of?? if I pack it any less the stuff falls out the bottom when turned upright and placed on the zap)

flouris,
Top Bottom