Arizer Solo

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I don't know how much herb the Solo stem holds? Maybe someone could answer that. My Solo and my Pinnacle Pro use the least amount of herb compared to my other vapes.

The Solo wouldn't use any more herb than the MFLB.

CarolKing,
Reactions: ataxian

OF

O yeah because i didnt know how to do that

Actually I think PP is trying to help you. He seems to be that kind of guy.

Hang around a while, you might be amazed by the number of guys that overlook obvious stuff. Even without the drugs involved, it's the way these things often get resolved.

It can get confusing, for instance:

Im not sure i know what 2 buttons u are talking about... all i see is the 2 buttons in the middle of the solo

There are only two buttons, they must be the ones.

Cycling on and off has 'cleared ghosts', at least some have reported. There's also a reset function involving those same two buttons and when you plug and unplug the charger you might dig up and try as well?

Others have had luck with hardware reset by removing the battery, but opening up the Solo is not advised for the timid.

There have also been similar issues traced to chargers, but that doesn't sound like the case here.

Good luck with it, but I think PP has a white hat.

Thanks for the replies. How much herb would you need for a solo sesh?
I don't know how much herb the Solo stem holds? Maybe someone could answer that. My Solo and my Pinnacle Pro use the least amount of herb compared to my other vapes.

The Solo wouldn't use any more herb than the MFLB.

I think 1/8 gram is a good number to start with. Same as my 'standard load' for MFLB. It depends on how dry and fine the bud and which stem you're using of course. Also domed screens play a role here.

OF

Zow237

Actually I think PP is trying to help you. He seems to be that kind of guy.

Hang around a while, you might be amazed by the number of guys that overlook obvious stuff. Even without the drugs involved, it's the way these things often get resolved.

It can get confusing, for instance:

There are only two buttons, they must be the ones.

Cycling on and off has 'cleared ghosts', at least some have reported. There's also a reset function involving those same two buttons and when you plug and unplug the charger you might dig up and try as well?

Others have had luck with hardware reset by removing the battery, but opening up the Solo is not advised for the timid.

There have also been similar issues traced to chargers, but that doesn't sound like the case here.

Good luck with it, but I think PP has a white hat.

I think 1/8 gram is a good number to start with. Same as my 'standard load' for MFLB. It depends on how dry and fine the bud and which stem you're using of course. Also domed screens play a role here.

OF
so what do i do to reset this? nothing seems to work when i try holding the two buttons

Zow237,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
In what way was it a big upgrade from a launch box? I am thinking of venturing off to another vape but so far I honestly can't find a vape worthy of replacing a MFLB.
The solo probably looks the best( going by its reviews) but how hungry is it? Because if you need to use double the herb you do in a box you would expect double the hit.
When I got my Solo, I put my Launch Box away in the tin. I haven't touched it since. The LB still kills it on stealth, but I find that the experience I have with using my Solo is better in some ways. Flavor is fantastic throughout, and you don't have to hold anything to hit it, you just hit it. Battery life is something it beats the LB on for sure. A half dozen 12 minute sessions per full charge, I bet a bit more if you really wanted it, but I just keep it simple and round to half dozen "for sure" sessions.

Unfortunately you have to buy one of Ed's stems if you want to eliminate the glass stem factor. In terms of portability... Well, I'm a thin guy, so I wear jeans that suit me. Not skin-tight, but not casual stuff either because it looks big on me. The LB and a battery is much more comfortable than the Solo and a stem, but it fits in my jacket/parka pockets fine. Kinda looks like i'm walking around with a halfie when I pocket my Solo :lol:

That being said, there's no way I'm going to get rid of my LB. Nope. It's a proven design with so few parts to fail that I'm sure it'll still work in a few years. I'm happy to have both options, but lately it's been all Solo.

so what do i do to reset this? nothing seems to work when i try holding the two buttons
Next time, try using the search function up top right, but make sure to click the "search this thread only" box so that it limits the search to this thread instead of the entire forum (which is useless for when you look up 'reset').

See: "software reset"

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/arizer-solo.3833/page-863#post-505453

SpruceGruve

Bag of sand in hand,Eyeing up the gold statue
If you order the $160 deal at PV, and decide you want silver.... make sure to contact them first and see i they got the M1D's in silver yet, if not.. get black. Last I checked, their silvers were still the M1C models.
I just avoided emailing them and grabed a black one,thanks for the heads up

SpruceGruve,
Reactions: smokum

fbrinsley

franklin
hi solo persons. i mostly just read and try to learn. not so much posting. just curious, i see some folk make a point to state the model of their solo. why is this important? why does it matter? is one lot better/worse than the other?

fbrinsley,

Prof77

Hey All,
I just watched a youtube vid titled best new vapes for 2014 and the guy said there was a new Solo released Jan 2014 - I can find no other info on it and arizer's site gives no info -anybody know anything about this "new" Solo?

Also, I purchased the plugin power adapter to use for when my batteries low and I want a longer vape session. It seems to me that I get thicker clouds and more consistent heat when I use adapter - anyone confirm or refute improved performance using power adapter?

Be Good, P77

edit: Duh, looks like part of the answer is in in the previous post

exit

Hey All,
I just watched a youtube vid titled best new vapes for 2014 and the guy said there was a new Solo released Jan 2014 - I can find no other info on it and arizer's site gives no info -anybody know anything about this "new" Solo?

Also, I purchased the plugin power adapter to use for when my batteries low and I want a longer vape session. It seems to me that I get thicker clouds and more consistent heat when I use adapter - anyone confirm or refute improved performance using power adapter?

Be Good, P77

edit: Duh, looks like part of the answer is in in the previous post

People keep calling the newer model Solo with the ability to charge and heat at the same time the "new solo"

Campers Crumpet

What has been seen can not be unseen :|
Hi, I've got a new silver Solo and I am very new to vaping. Is anyone able to tell me where I can get one of the glass water accessories in Australia (if possible, we are a bit backward here :) )
And forgive my naivety but what are they called ?
I presume I need a glass on glass adapter and then the water tool ?

:spliff:

Last edited:

Quetzalcoatl

Hi, I've got a new silver Solo and I am very new to vaping. Is anyone able to tell me where I can get one of the glass water accessories in Australia (if possible, we are a bit backward here :) )

planetvape.ca had the pvhes stems. Planet Vape High Efficiency Stem. Get the one that's GonG in your size.

Quetzalcoatl,
Reactions: ataxian

Tom Funk

You won't get these parts in Australia. If you are looking for a straight water tube, theyoyokid1 on ebay has the Pinnacle Water Tube for $79AUD + $34 postage, and Planet Vape has the F-Bomb water tube for $109CAD + $10 or $20 postage. Check out the thread comparing these two tubes.

The glass adapter isn't necessary but is nice. The 14mm one is what you will need, either the standard one or the one with the "high efficiency" mods. The tubes pair well with the solo stealth adapter from PV as well, although care is needed because of its thinness.

If you don't need the portability of the straight water tubes, PV has a couple of cheap Black Leaf bubblers that I hear good things about. There is one without a stand that needs a 14mm adaptor and another that needs an 18mm adaptor. Both are about $80 IIRC.

Cheers
TF

Adamatic

Just a FYI, I bought my m1d2 back in November 2012 and it definitely can't be used while charging.
So those of you seeking out this model number for the new features be aware that there are older ones in this serial run without them.

sethhobrin

Skippy: It's like comparing apples and oranges. The Solo has wonderful flavor and you don't have to interrupt your session by putting in the battery, every time you want to draw.

With the solo, just sit back and enjoy. I would buy the PVHES glass mouthpieces also from Planetvape, I personally like the draw better and I know from reading here, so do a lot of other FCers.
Unfortunately they are going to be out of stock of the straight shorty for at least 2 weeks according to my conversation with them yesterday. :(

sethhobrin,

$unnyblaq

mist-or-vapor
Hello fc community im new here but ive been reading a lot of these pages because i have a few vapes now. So the other day i got a solo from ebay a m1c -_- i wanted a m1d but anyway back to my point. Before this solo i had a m1a i think which i loved but gave away. So i wanted to get a new solo to charge and use at the same time to my surprise when i used the new solo it didn't do it for me which is strange because the solo is a beast from what i last recall. There is way to much airflow which makes the cloud production light much lighter then i Remember i used to call my old solo "the solo surfer" because it was like a small ssv my stem is hella loose if you pull faster then the older solos allowed the heat can drop a level or two which never happened with my old solo not matter how hard i pulled the abv is not uniform brown its not as green when i put it in but not cooked coffee brown like my old solo would on 7. The flowers close to the heater is Brown kinda light but brown and the abv closer to screen is greener then i like :'(. Im upset because i missed my solo so much i HAD to get the new model point of my story is get the older model works like a champ im just hoping maybe getting a oring will restrict airflow enough to cook my goodies better. Any options or opinions are greatly appreciated. Stay vaped

Last edited:

poonman

Hello fc community im new here but ive been reading a lot of these pages because i have a few vapes now. So the other day i got a solo from ebay a m1c -_- i wanted a m1d but anyway back to my point. Before this solo i had a m1a i think which i loved but gave away. So i wanted to get a new solo to charge and use at the same time to my surprise when i used the new solo it didn't do it for me which is strange because the solo is a beast from what i last recall. There is way to much airflow which makes the cloud production light much lighter then i Remember i used to call my old solo "the silver solo" because it was like a small ssv my stem is hella loose if you pull faster then the older solos allowed the heat can drop a level or two which never happened with my old solo not matter how hard i pulled the abv is not uniform brown its not as green when i put it in but not cooked coffee brown like my old solo would on 7. The flowers close to the heater is Brown kinda light but brown and the abv closer to screen is greener then i like :'(. Im upset because i missed my solo so much i HAD to get the new model point of my story is get the older model works like a champ im just hoping maybe getting a oring will restrict airflow enough to cook my goodies better. Any options or opinions are greatly appreciated. Stay vaped

Try a slower draw , with the increase air flow in the newer Solos
You may need to allow the vapors to collect a bit before inhaling .
Faster draws will add more air to vapor ratio .

$unnyblaq

mist-or-vapor
Ive tried that 1st since i was used to the older model and it didn't work again light clouds if you can call them that and green abv thnx for suggestion i should have got the older unit now my pnp blows way bigger clouds then my solo so weird because that was not the case before

$unnyblaq,

Quetzalcoatl

Is the flower moist? Solo likes dry stuff I've noticed. Some of my "cured for smoking" buds don't vape very well but will after drying out some.

Quetzalcoatl,
Reactions: CarolKing

$unnyblaq

mist-or-vapor
I have the mflb so i always make sure my material is dry i usually dry it for a day and i used my finishing grinder to crush i tried the usual methods and still greenish not brown like the material close to the heater I've even tried different grind consistency fine and coarse and coarse was a bit better but not by much i feel as if the oring is needed to help this but don't know where to get any since pv is out

$unnyblaq,
Reactions: CarolKing
Top Bottom