Arizer Solo

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Ataxian, you've wanted a white Northern Lights Edition since they came out. In less than 3 months Arizer is almost certainly going to have a 4-20 sale and chances are the NLE can be had at a good price. Maybe you should treat yourself to it.
I might get one!
The NLE is perfect to me.

Plus I don’t need to paint it!
Their are many portables available today!
SOLO by ARIZER is SOLID CALIFORNIA HARVEST TESTING DEVICE

hillbill

My Solo led me to an Air. They are exactly the same in vapor department and I use them around the house mostly. Indoors they have replaced my Underdog and Flowermates in daily Home use. Also reducing any combusting when alone to very rare.

Smoothness of short glass tube in the Air really surprised me! All my stems interchange.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
My Solo led me to an Air. They are exactly the same in vapor department and I use them around the house mostly. Indoors they have replaced my Underdog and Flowermates in daily Home use. Also reducing any combusting when alone to very rare.

Smoothness of short glass tube in the Air really surprised me! All my stems interchange.
I read to a fault. (Nonfiction)
The SOLO help’s me!
That is needed most!

arb

Semi shaved ape
IMG-20190218-100244.jpg

Kieff on 5=relief most tasty.

Dr. Soxhlet

SOLO Vaporized Cannabis is my Best Medicine
I have both Solo and Solo II. I like the faster warmup time for the Solo II, but I prefer the way the original Solo starts up with just a twin button push and hold; much faster than the Solo II. I find myself starting that countdown to the smiley face several times, probably because I have them both. It is a cool feature but it annoys me. The Solo II does complete the warmup much faster. But even though there have been many excellent design improvements I find that the Solo delivers the vapor just as well as the new model. During the winter the Solo can also be used as a hand warmer(great for thawing half frozen fingers), something that the Solo II just can't do. I feel the Solo II is safer to use in a bed because of this; Solo II was hot enough to melt a rayon pillow case one night. I really like both of them. Well worth the money. They seem to last forever with an occasional battery change. :peace:

Dr. Soxhlet

I have both Solo and Solo II. I like the faster warmup time for the Solo II, but I prefer the way the original Solo starts up with just a twin button push and hold; much faster than the Solo II. I find myself starting that countdown to the smiley face several times, probably because I have them both. It is a cool feature but it annoys me. The Solo II does complete the warmup much faster. But even though there have been many excellent design improvements I find that the Solo delivers the vapor just as well as the new model. During the winter the Solo can also be used as a hand warmer(great for thawing half frozen fingers), something that the Solo II just can't do. I feel the Solo II is safer to use in a bed because of this; Solo II was hot enough to melt a rayon pillow case one night. I really like both of them. Well worth the money. They seem to last forever with an occasional battery change. :peace:
Actually I meant to say Solo I got hot enough to melt the pillow case. Solo II never gets that hot.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Actually I meant to say Solo I got hot enough to melt the pillow case. Solo II never gets that hot.

I've got two original Solo and neither will get hot enough to melt anything externally. On numerous occasions I've turned it on at max temp and forgot to hit the damn thing and picked it up just before it timed out. No melting, no burning....just remorse for missing the session ;)

OF

I've got two original Solo and neither will get hot enough to melt anything externally. On numerous occasions I've turned it on at max temp and forgot to hit the damn thing and picked it up just before it timed out. No melting, no burning....just remorse for missing the session ;)

Actually, Rayon doesn't melt. It's made from cellulose so it behaves like wood, not 'other plastics'. That is it's not a 'thermoplastic', doesn't melt per se. It gets very weak about 150C (which would look like melting?) and then decomposes soon after, well less that the potential 210C I could see happening from most any conduction vape wrapped up inside some and left 'full blast'? The key would be blocking airflow so the heat could build up I'd think? Potentially it could get to 'vaping temperature' even perhaps a bit higher since the sensor could be reading 210c at the bowl (or someplace nearby) while the heater itself is a bit hotter (to supply heat energy into the load to make vapor).

http://textilefashionstudy.com/viscose-rayon-physical-and-chemical-properties-of-viscose-rayon/
http://www.minifibers.com/documents/TD/TD_Comparison-of-Fiber-Properties.pdf

I suggest we take the good Doctor at his word and not rush out to repeat the experiment with bed linen that might be missed by the wife?

OF

John Coaltrain

. . . Solo I got hot enough to melt the pillow case. Solo II never gets that hot.

Moral of the story:

Never – NEVER! – stuff a pillow case into the oven of a Solo I. If you really feel you must attempt to vaporize a pillow case – a desire which in my naive estimate raises any number of perplexing questions – try the Solo II.

Mmmmm, rayon terpenes.

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Moral of the story:

Never – NEVER! – stuff a pillow case into the oven of a Solo I. If you really feel you must attempt to vaporize a pillow case – a desire which in my naive estimate raises any number of perplexing questions – try the Solo II.

Mmmmm, rayon terpenes.
I want however don’t need another SOLO until this one dies like a soldier?

@OF sent me this GIZMO that helped keep it functional for MEDICAL reasons!

SOLO 2 one day however love is understatement of life worth living!

Dr. Soxhlet

Actually, Rayon doesn't melt. It's made from cellulose so it behaves like wood, not 'other plastics'. That is it's not a 'thermoplastic', doesn't melt per se. It gets very weak about 150C (which would look like melting?) and then decomposes soon after, well less that the potential 210C I could see happening from most any conduction vape wrapped up inside some and left 'full blast'? The key would be blocking airflow so the heat could build up I'd think? Potentially it could get to 'vaping temperature' even perhaps a bit higher since the sensor could be reading 210c at the bowl (or someplace nearby) while the heater itself is a bit hotter (to supply heat energy into the load to make vapor).

http://textilefashionstudy.com/viscose-rayon-physical-and-chemical-properties-of-viscose-rayon/
http://www.minifibers.com/documents/TD/TD_Comparison-of-Fiber-Properties.pdf

I suggest we take the good Doctor at his word and not rush out to repeat the experiment with bed linen that might be missed by the wife?

OF
My Solo did melt the pillow case. May not have been Rayon, but that was not the point. I was trying to point out a potential safety issue for medical users who use it in bed. Heat buildup occurred because the pillow was on top of it. The auto shutoff is a good idea.

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
The longer I have my Solo the more I enjoy it. It's such a lovely device. I still say it's the best $100 I've ever spent on anything cannabis related. And if I recall correctly it's on sale through the end of today, 2/28 for about $100. It's a no brainer.

I experimented with and without screens at first, and I settled on using a relatively course grind without a screen. I get better flavor and can load enough for two shortish sessions on one stem.

And they collect the loveliest honey for later reclaim.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
The longer I have my Solo the more I enjoy it. It's such a lovely device. I still say it's the best $100 I've ever spent on anything cannabis related. And if I recall correctly it's on sale through the end of today, 2/28 for about $100. It's a no brainer.

I experimented with and without screens at first, and I settled on using a relatively course grind without a screen. I get better flavor and can load enough for two shortish sessions on one stem.

And they collect the loveliest honey for later reclaim.
I use screen’s!
Some like salad?
Some do not?

I have a friend who grow’s DA KINE GODS GIFT.
I love espresso, however he makes sock juice. (Horrible taste coffee) watery stuff?

Just had a SOLO bent dry STEM with a new SCREEN?

I loved it ?
Maybe da grape ape & SOLO are in LOVE ?

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
I use screen’s!
Some like salad?
Some do not?

I have a friend who grow’s DA KINE GODS GIFT.
I love espresso, however he makes sock juice. (Horrible taste coffee) watery stuff?

Just had a SOLO bent dry STEM with a new SCREEN?

I loved it ?
Maybe da grape ape & SOLO are in LOVE ?

I don't get salad with a coarse grind. I'd had some issues before with a finer grind, but I definitely noticed an uptick in flavor when I removed the screen. The Solo is my flavor-chaser. Some of us don't have the budget for things like the Minivap.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I don't get salad with a coarse grind. I'd had some issues before with a finer grind, but I definitely noticed an uptick in flavor when I removed the screen. The Solo is my flavor-chaser. Some of us don't have the budget for things like the Minivap.
Budget or location perhaps?

Taste, flavor, good nay?
It’s a matter of perception?

Screen’s for me.

Medium grind medium is my preference ?
Some like fine grind?

We are all different?

Some are into facts others like faith?

SOLO and CANNABIS make some study quick?
Some are lazy?

SOLO makes me read fast?
We are effected differently!

There is not a right or wrong way!

Last edited:
Top Bottom