Arizer Solo

OF

Bravo Stu! No doubt near my (moved) 'counterfeit Air' post.....

Sad, this is not the first time we've been advised of fakes (why would a vape made in Canada be so cheap in China???). While I don't recall solid arrow keys, "way too bright LEDs" seems to be a common trait of most/all the counterfeits??? Unfortunately most of the innocents getting ripped off don't have a genuine unit to compare it to even after they get it. Arizer builds the market, some slimeballs not only rip people off but in the process run down Arizer's name. "Oh, those, I had one and it was a POS'" is not good.

I found a Puff It Up brand GONG around (i forgot i bought two and hid one!!!) the bowl seems very shallow and it was a bit of a loose fit but worked quite nicely, after about 2 bowls i started appreciating being able to remove the solo without the gong coming out, but removing the hot gong from the piece is less fun...!

Yep, I think you'll find it's also out of round more than the official ones and has thicker walls? I reported this a while back, usable but not nearly as good as the ten dollar Air stem for the job I think. To compensate for the thicker glass I had to bump the temperature up another notch.

Still, better than being GonGless and wanting........ Like our bud Ataxian?

OF

Edit:
Nice Point!

Unbreakable accessories = Too CIVILIZED

Breakable parts for vaporizing = LAME UNCIVILIZED BUSINESS PLAN or is it:
DESIGNED OBSOLESCENCE?

And too good a conductor of heat? Do you really want your vapor to condense there rather than in you? I sure don't. I want the inner surface of the vapor path to be 'vaping temperature' and think you do too.......

As to what is or is not civilized I've no real clue. Only opinions. A lot of the allegedly adult folks I see could use a dose or two I think, and some manners might not hurt. Part of everyone being special I guess? Not 'working and playing well with others' seems to be the new norm. Sad, but it is what it is.

OF

Last edited:

ibegettinmoney

@DrNick420 @CarolKing Thanks guys I just don't want anyone having to go through what I did. Since there was no guide to be found I decided to make one before I send the fake back to the dirtbag who sold it to me. Vaper4u say bye bye to your 100% positive feedback. I should've known better when it said "Ship back to us for a replacement so you don't have to send it directly to Arizer!" Luckily I found a retailer on eBay that was verified through Arizer and a replacement is on the way.

@Stu Thanks for reposting my guide all, I want is for people to be able to see it and access it easily.

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
@DrNick420 @CarolKing Thanks guys I just don't want anyone having to go through what I did. Since there was no guide to be found I decided to make one before I send the fake back to the dirtbag who sold it to me. Vaper4u say bye bye to your 100% positive feedback. I should've known better when it said "Ship back to us for a replacement so you don't have to send it directly to Arizer!" Luckily I found a retailer on eBay that was verified through Arizer and a replacement is on the way.

@Stu Thanks for reposting my guide all, I want is for people to be able to see it and access it easily.
Good looks man, sorry to hear you got screwed over like that. The retailers on the site are all vetted so that's a starting point if you ever want to look outside of ebay. A lot of people (myself included) like Randy and his team at Puff It Up, but they're all worth a look.

Dr. Soxhlet

SOLO Vaporized Cannabis is my Best Medicine

This all very disturbing. I suspected that this scenario would start happening on ebay since "the price is too good to be true units from China" became available it was only a matter of time. The scammers now price their junk the same , so it is harder to tell from the legit ones.
On another matter, my new 4400 mah battery died. It was working fine and just went dead while charging for no apparent reason, just like the original. Both were attached to an old analog timer, so that may be the culprit. In any case, the timer is now in the recycle pile. A replacement battery arrives tomorrow. Good I have two Solos.

Last edited:

OF

I suspected that this scenario would start happening on ebay since "the price is too good to be true units from China" became available it was only a matter of time. The scammers now price their junk the same , so it is harder to tell from the legit ones.

On another matter, my new 4400 mah battery died.

Agreed. First we saw counterfeit Airs, this was the next logical step I guess. Makes no sense to me that a product made in Canada shows up on the cheap a dozen time zones away in China. Why would Arizer do that? They obviously wouldn't, it has to be a scam.

As you say, it's all the worse when 'good boys go bad' and try to pass the junk off as the real deal at the correct price. "Criminal" doesn't really cover it for me, rip offs like that come close to evil. Bad karma.

Sorry to hear your 'wonder battery' died. I remain convinced they are a good idea. The battery used by Arizer (modest as it's capacity is) is 'the standard' for laptops and other uses similar to ours. If Arizer could simply change batteries and double their charge life without other issues (like batteries dieing in service prematurely) they are surely smart enough to do so? OTOH, they are solidly into the business of making very reliable, long lived, well performing vapes. When I rebuild packs I use the say types (with tabs, of course). Not a good place for your 'Hot Rod genes' to kick in I think.

Then again, 'numbers sell' as they say.

FWIW, while anything is possible I'd be shocked (pun intended) if your analog timer was a factor. Electrically it's no different from unplugging the charger early (and in fact what my 'Gadget' does every charge), hardly a known battery killer?

Good luck with it.

OF

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
This all very disturbing. I suspected that this scenario would start happening on ebay since "the price is too good to be true units from China" became available it was only a matter of time. The scammers now price their junk the same , so it is harder to tell from the legit ones.
On another matter, my new 4400 mah battery died. It was working fine and just went dead while charging for no apparent reason, just like the original. Both were attached to an old analog timer, so that may be the culprit. In any case, the timer is now in the recycle pile. A replacement battery arrives tomorrow. Good I have two Solos.
I bought glass from CHINA not pretty but works to learn.
Next time a buy a glass piece will be from a California Glass Blower near by.
Anything Electrical I buy at a store near by where I can take it back and get a refund or replacement.
Flea-Bay (ebay is good for used books)

I'm guilty of buying vaporizers on ebay and china = garbage (one week wonders)

I buy direct from the manufacture for the warranty.

One SOLO STEM left. (sad when it breaks)

GRINDERS are junk not made in the USA (I will never buy a Chinese Made one)
Watches from Switzerland OK anywhere else no thank you!

disruptxd

Hey guys I recently purchased a Arizer Solo off ebay from an "Authorized Dealer" for $120.00, I received the vape and I kept finding things wrong with it. For starters the straight glass piece jiggled when inserted into the vape, this got me curious on the authenticity of the unit. Second red flag was the bottom of the unit, it has no quality control sticker or serial number. Now I was really suspicious and decided to look for a guide online to help, but to my disappointment there was no guide to speak of. Luckily my buddy has a legit one bought from an authorized dealer and he let me borrow his for comparison. Once I had his legit vape to compare to mine I quickly found many flaws with the one I had received. I decided to take pics of the real and fake vapes side by side to hopefully help anyone else in the future who is going to purchase a unit off eBay.

For ease of reading the Real Solo will always be of the Right, and the Fake will be on the Left, lets begin!

First lets start with the box, the legit one on the right has the serial number, quality control sticker and color designation sticker. The Fake on the left has none of the above.
FullSizeRender6_zpsq5jzybca.jpg

Lets look at the vape now, one clear difference is the buttons. The real Solo has clear arrows where the fake has solid.
FullSizeRender_zpsauqm90mh.jpg

When flipped over the differences between the two really start to add up. As you can see, like the box, the real Solo has the serial number, qc sticker and ect, where the fake has none of these. Another small detail found on the real Solo is the lettering stamped into the unit is alot deeper than the fake.
FullSizeRender%202_zpsjuvya1jq.jpg

On the bottom of mine I do not have the fc cd or umbrella symbol. I only have the fc heating and charging, a ex sticker and the serial number. Also the chamber inside is copper color I believe.

I purchased from mass drop around 2013/2014 and I'm almost positive it's legit

kellya86

Herb gardener...
On the bottom of mine I do not have the fc cd or umbrella symbol. I only have the fc heating and charging, a ex sticker and the serial number. Also the chamber inside is copper color I believe.

I purchased from mass drop around 2013/2014 and I'm almost positive it's legit

Can you post some pics???

Buzzbomb Almighty

@disrupted that's a lot like mine, my ser/mod# is MIG2403993 so not the same mark, but similar. I bought mine last November.. Where the oval spot is on the left side of yours there was a CE sticker. The oven in mine was copper coloured as well, but is now discoloured. That's my fault, (never turn a water tool upside down}. :lol:

Last edited:

disruptxd

@disrupted that's a lot like mine, my ser/mod# is MIG2403993 so not the same mark, but similar. I bought mine last November.. Where the oval spot is on the left side of yours there was a CE sticker. The oven in mine was copper coloured as well, but is now discoloured. That's my fault, (never turn a water tool upside down}. :lol:
My sticker fell off like last week haha. Not sure if it was a ce or a qc sticker

I should clean this oven... What's the agreed method on how?

disruptxd

I just ordered another one, the same dealer (agracancorp in Mississauga) had the same sale with a few extras and I talked myself into it. If you have 2 pair of shoes and alternate wearing them, they last longer than if you wear out one pair then buy another.

I would've gotten a solo and an air to alternate if I was you!

Sounds like your solo will be good for a decade LOL! My solo has been well for 3 years

OF

I just ordered another one, the same dealer (agracancorp in Mississauga) had the same sale with a few extras and I talked myself into it.

So that means you'll have 'only 2'? A good start for sure, but there are guys way ahead of you I think.

One very nice advantage, at least to me, is being able to loan one out to friends and friends of friends I'm trying to get to take the pledge. I get them to promise to swear off blazing for as long as it takes (might be two weeks in hard cases) usually.

They often come back (usually squeaky clean....not that they got them that way...) with a big 'thank you' when the proud new owner gets his. Or, if I have to 'chase them down' later it's often very hard to pry them loose (go figure). Not many 'oh, that. It didn't work for me's.

You might give it a try. You've no idea how many friends you really have before the word gets around that you've got a top notch piece of gear like this for them to try out........

OF

Dr Von Vapinpuff

I haven't been here in a while but was watching TV when something reminded me of this site:
oBORX89.png

The Arizer Solo made a guest appearance in NBC's Hannibal; Season 2, Ep 4 about 19min in.
This episode is what prompted me to research that device, find out where to get it and now, here I am. The proud owner of The Air and The Solo. Good show also.

Dr. Soxhlet

SOLO Vaporized Cannabis is my Best Medicine
They were actually using it for cannabis...I'm not sure what state the show is set in but it's probably a legal one- the woman has cancer and apparently she went to a dispensary and the budtender recommended it.
I remember watching that once. The people actually loaded the Solo the wrong way. Weed put in the heating chamber, then the stem inserted empty. LOL

Top Bottom