• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Arizer Solo

happyvapeman

You can get a rotation going with 2 Solos. Using one while the other is being charged. Also less wear and tear if you switch off. I say a 2 Solo household is great, 3 Solos are awesome.

I picked up a second Solo recently and am really enjoying having two to work with...no more dealing with having to wait for charging!...

Anyone else use their solo in a dry d020?
Love watching the bubbler fill up with vapor

I find just a little water in my D020 gives me the best results!...

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Charge up your Solo from 8 to 12 hours initially before using it. Like overnight. This will insure a good start to your battery.

After that charge it before it gets too low like at one or two lights. When you do charge try to take it off the charging before the green charging light stops. This keeps your battery healthy and it will last you longer. You can use and charge at the same time but doing this often will shorten your batteries life.

These are suggestions and they come from @OF who knows about batteries.

Some folks throw caution to the wind and do what they want. They just will buy a battery sooner is all. Betteries are about $45-50 and you can buy them through several places. @PlanetVape and @PuffItUp sell them. Also FCer @CentiZen sells them too. Very easy for the owner to replace. It looks like I could even do it.:rofl:i know you will enjoy your new Solo.

Last edited:

kellya86

Herb gardener...
I do not understand why we are advised to overcharge for the first time, that's an old nicd or nimh trick....

Li polymer batteries don't overcharge, they cut off, so after a point it's doing nothing, they already come primed....

And keeping it between 30 and 70 % charge is optimal for lifespan...

I do not believe the overcharge gives any benifit, as far as I'm concerned, it may even damage the new battery, I would not advise overcharging unless I saw some real evidence the support the claims....

I said this before but been ignored....

Just my view and experiance i suppose....

@OF , if you are certain that the initial overcharge is benificial and not detrimental, please can you provide some proof to clear this up....

I feel it's wrong to keep advising new solo owners to overcharge thier new batteries without some evidence that they are not going to be harming the battery...

Last edited:

OF

Li polymer batteries don't overcharge, they cut off, so after a point it's doing nothing, they already come primed....

I do not believe the overcharge gives any benifit, as far as I'm concerned, it may even damage the new battery, I would not advise overcharging unless I saw some real evidence the support the claims....

@OF , if you are certain that the initial overcharge is benificial and not detrimental, please can you provide some proof to clear this up....

I feel it's wrong to keep advising new solo owners to overcharge thier new batteries without some evidence that they are not going to be harming the battery...

Didn't you just tell us that damage can't happen because "Li polymer batteries don't overcharge, they cut off"? I think you're right. The advice can't really hurt them outright since lots of folks leave such gear plugged in 24/7 so 'it's fully charged and ready to go'? This is, of course, bad in the long term since it means the battery is constantly at 100% charge, but the fact it's been 'on charge' for days and days is not fatal.

Charging doesn't actually completely stop, there is a small 'search current' going on so the unit can sense there's a battery to charge. This current is small in the units I've measured, but it is real and the rright polarity. The point is the battery doesn't actually 'disconnect' when fully charged. This allows you to fully form the last few percent of available capacity (I forget which pole runs out of chemicals first). The first heavy discharge, even a brief one, can 'seal off' that bit forever so this only works on the initial charge. Lots of good information at Battery University, you might start there?
http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/how_to_prolong_lithium_based_batteries

Several of the makers offer good information as well.

"Overcharging" is perhaps a misnomer, more from the owner's POV than the battery's, but it gets the idea across to folks who wish to take advantage of it. Same as the advice to end charging early, say at 90% not 100% (doubles battery lifespan), yours to use or blow off as you wish.

Even laptop manufacturer recommend a full charge the first time. I think there is some confusion between single cells and in our case 2 or more cells.

Exactly so, as do at least a few vapes. Honest, I didn't tell them to do it. Ironically it's to the makers advantage not to say it since that means you'll be back for another that much sooner? I'm sure none of them are doing that, of course. But they could have reduced the battery life (stopping charging earlier) if the Sales guys would let them (can you hear the screaming, 'you want to LOWER battery capacity????'.

Some products, like some laptops and cell phones also need a full charge to calibrate the 'battery meter'. That is it sets the 'full charge' indication on the little icon by the highest battery level it's ever seen. AFAIK no vape does that. This only effects the indication, IMO the driving force behind that advice is best possible battery usage.

I personally follow, and recommend, the 'overcharge the first time only' technique for those reasons. Your unit, your call. Likewise 'disconnect it early when charging, when the last light lights but the charge LED is still flashing, when you can'.

In a way it's 'Chicken Soup advice', "can't hurt, might help"?

Regards to all.

OF

OF

I'm confused. Are the old models better?

Modnote: Edited for clarity

Yes and no, A real Solo connoisseur would say yes. Either way i guess it is the newer model you have.

New ones are newer of course, so you can expect more use before battery replacement. They feature 'charge while using', probably not a good idea. However, the older ones (which wouldn't run when the charger was plugged in) were able to bypass the battery and run from an external "Power Adapter" of 9 (not 12) Volts and higher current capacity (able to proved full heater power).

The new versions can't get more than about .8 Amps from the charger and need something like 2.5 to run the heater so the battery has to supply the rest. Discharging, not charging. Charging resumes again when the heater cycles off (from 'making temperature'), charging slowly, only to get that charge stripped out seconds later to feed the heater. Tough on the battery, in fact can be fatal if it's completely discharged (as is likely to happen). This (hammering the battery into an early grave) is why 'use while charging' was taken out of EVS. It was killing the batteries of guys who dead unit on charge and kept on vaping.

My advice for Solo, new or old, is 'vape or charge, but not both'. Even if allowed it can be very tough on the battery. Instead, charge it enough for a single session (I think we calculated that at about 12 minutes), unplug and run your sesson on battery, then charge it up fully while you kick back?

You can check to see if it allows 'use while charging' but either way you own a winner that will serve you well.

Regards.

OF

CarolKing

The updated Solos (2 years ago) has an easier draw which was a big plus for me.
The older Solo is more powerful.
When you take a draw with the older style Solo most of the time the heat didn't go down after the draw.
When you take a draw with the updated Solo you see that the heat dips and the Solo has to reheat up to your desired heat level.

When you take a draw with the older style Solo most of the time the heat didn't go down after the draw.
When you take a draw with the updated Solo you see that the heat dips and the Solo has to reheat up to your desired heat level.
I noticed when i had my air the temp would go down when i was draw so I am used that.

lookhigh

FC member
I don't think the older model was more powerful, i never noticed that?
Probably down to the restriction. Funny thing is the my older one had less restriction due to the seals being well worn. Just goes to show Solo is like fine wine just gets better and better.

OF

Just got my solo in the mail, and it is charging :rockon:

So after I charge it run it at 7 for 12 minutes right?

What is a good level to start at? Any suggestions?

Thank you!

Run as many 'dry' sessions at seven as you think you need to burn off any oils and junk.

Then I suggest you start at step 4, you can use an intact budlet but will get better results with lightly packed medium to fine grind.

Enjoy it, it's a good 'un.

OF

happyvapeman

Run as many 'dry' sessions at seven as you think you need to burn off any oils and junk.

Then I suggest you start at step 4, you can use an intact budlet but will get better results with lightly packed medium to fine grind.

Enjoy it, it's a good 'un.

OF

I did a quick wipe with ISO and then did 3-4 full burn offs with my newest Solo.Now I know OF and CK like starting out at temp 4-5 but I often do a first hit at 2 `cause the flavor is really nice at low temps. From there I`ll move up to 3 and 4, and eventually I`ll step up to 5 to finish up...

Solo is such a great, flexible little vape...eventually we all find our favorite settings and favorite ways to customize how we use ours!...

VapeHeadz

I ran my new solo for 1 x 12 minute cycle (on 7) with an empty bowl before I used it.

I prefer to go straight to 7 for my use, I get to use it then as it rises up through the levels. Then by 7 the 12 minute cycle ends, and if the weed still has vapour in it I will go another 12 min cycle on 7.

Most decent weed I get will use 2 x 12 minute cycles on heat setting 7 I have found. Some weed I get sometimes will only go 1 x 12 minute cycle on 7 and then have not much vapour left in and I shut it off.

Happy solo'ing!

Last edited:

CarolKing

I've been using a medium grind. Sometimes I like to start out at temp 3 and work my way up to 5 by the end of my session. A nice clean stem delivers the best flavor. Also keeping the screen clean helps with air flow if you feel you have any restricted draw.

Usually a slow steady draw will win the race. Waiting 30 - 60 seconds between draws allows time for the Solo's oven to restore the heat to your desired temp.

Getting ready for my first Solo flight of the day. Bought some nice strains yesterday. I want to try out the Grand Daddy Purple but I don't want to take a nap afterwards. Maybe I will just use a tiny bit. I'm curious about the flavor.

Edit
Some really fine grape flavor with this batch, it must be a good farmer.:cheers:

Last edited:
Top Bottom