Arizer Solo

X24

The mailman has delivered. No time to try out this thing though.... was damn fast shipping through USPS, wasn't expecting it until Tuesday or Wednesday.

X24,

Zipsort

Mine also arrived today. Its waiting at home for me.. how long should I charge it up before I finally fire up a bowl? Any other tips or anything I should know.

Zipsort,

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
Just throw it on the charger till the light stays a constant green (full charge)... but if you find your anticipation level driving you crazy, you can always partial charge it and give it a try (Li-Ion batts don't have a memory to worry about).

Suggestions ? hmmmmm.... try enjoying lower temps first. I've tried the whole scale, and for "ME", I like the taste & effect of a #2 start, stir after I lose some taste and move it up to #5 to finish.

Enjoy your purchase..... I know "I" have ;)

smokum,

Gobrian

TO OWNERS WITH NEW UNITS
What model # is yours?

Please see my past posts (pages 343-345) for M1D battery meter read out woes, I am copying and pasted a summary post below:

"Yeah - so as a summary of my test, (which were rather uncontrolled - I did stems for a couple, then just ran it alone for many cycles):

I got through 12 stems, with the indicator light showing battery level at 0 since the 4th stem.
I got to half way through the 13th stem and the charge light came on.

Does this compare to what you guys are getting?
Really weird the indicator does that, really threw me off."

What are you guys experiencing with your new units?
Please let me know. If it comes to them releasing a new model # with these errors fixed and I got blessed with a short run of a bad model, I will truly be pissed off (worse case scenario).

Gobrian,

Gobrian

12 stems on a one charge is good. There is nothing you have to worry about.

1. The 12 cycles were with the unit just going by itself. No stems were put in, and no drawing (stress) on the heater.
2. My main concern was about the malfunctioning battery reader.

Edit #2:

My first PVHES Turbo just came in and I'm doing my first stem as I type this- WOW what an upgrade! This feels like a totally different device!

Gobrian,
1. The 12 cycles were with the unit just going by itself. No stems were put in, and no drawing (stress) on the heater.

Edit #2:

My first PVHES Turbo just came in and I'm doing my first stem as I type this- WOW what an upgrade! This feels like a totally different device!
Then why did you say 12 Stems? You should've said 12 cycles. Try to do runs with weed in the bowl and get back to us on how many you get.

poonman

Edit #2:

If you're meaning 12 cycles at 12 minutes per cycle .
That adds up to 2 hours and 24 minutes of straight power .
That's pretty good .
That is what I'm getting on the weekend usages . At level 5 mostly .

At what temp. level did you have it on ?
Nonetheless , 2 and 1/2 hours aprox . is good battery power for a portable .

Anyone else agree about the 2 1/2 battery life ?
Or experienced differently ?

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
IMO it doesn't matter how many loaded stems you get per battery. It fluctuates from every case scenario.
IMO what it matters is how many cycles you get or how many minutes you get from almost full loaded stems per battery charge...
Always try to go to worst case scenario, being that, high levels of temperature, 6 or 7...
If you get 2 hours from top levels of temperature, roasting stems and clouding water tools, IMO you are more than good to go. From that point, If you are getting less than an hour of usage, maybe you should contact your retailer...

Zangano Cruel,
Reactions: poonman

X24

First impression:

This is TINY compared to what I had envisioned.

First session:

Heat up time is great. You MUST load the stems by hand, as the "suck up the herb" technique ends tragically with a mouth full of weed.

Glass wouldn't fit, no matter how hard I tried and how long I let it heat up for... then all of a sudden one popped in and all was good.

Fantastic. Tasty. Effective. Extremely even browning.

Now just to wait on my stem from Ed. Having a screened, unbreakable stem sounds ideal.

X24,

poonman

First impression:

This is TINY compared to what I had envisioned.

First session:

Heat up time is great. You MUST load the stems by hand, as the "suck up the herb" technique ends tragically with a mouth full of weed.

Glass wouldn't fit, no matter how hard I tried and how long I let it heat up for... then all of a sudden one popped in and all was good.

Fantastic. Tasty. Effective. Extremely even browning.

Now just to wait on my stem from Ed. Having a screened, unbreakable stem sounds ideal.

Fantastic

But that is why some of us recommend a screen in the stem .
And yes , the heat helps ease the glass stem in at first use .
Then it gets easier after the Solo is well heated up.

Enjoy
Enjoy
Enjoy

poonman,

Zipsort

Got mine today as well..

First impression was also good, solid small unit. I was kinda upset by the amount I was only able to fit in the small bowl (used to DBV ground glass over double the size bowl)

heated up quick and maintained heat pretty well

vapor production wasnt bad, overall I am happy with it.. the vape bong didnt produce as much as I had hoped though.

I also had trouble getting the mouth piece on at first too but I finally got it then every time after it was easy as cake. It was definitely well designed.

anyways im definately happy with it I have a feeling its gonna get a ton of use.. but I am gonna be packing ALOT of bowls to satisfy my needs

turbo stem sounds intriguing

Zipsort,

X24

Got mine today as well..

First impression was also good, solid small unit. I was kinda upset by the amount I was only able to fit in the small bowl (used to DBV ground glass over double the size bowl)

heated up quick and maintained heat pretty well

vapor production wasnt bad, overall I am happy with it.. the vape bong didnt produce as much as I had hoped though.

I also had trouble getting the mouth piece on at first too but I finally got it then every time after it was easy as cake. It was definitely well designed.

anyways im definately happy with it I have a feeling its gonna get a ton of use.. but I am gonna be packing ALOT of bowls to satisfy my needs

turbo stem sounds intriguing

Is the main issue with vapor bonging just the draw speed?

X24,

Zipsort

Is the main issue with vapor bonging just the draw speed?

Yeah kinda. It just didnt seem to produce much. Maybe the battery was low at that time. I was able to get some pretty good clouds off just handheld mode though

Zipsort,

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
Yeah kinda. It just didnt seem to produce much. Maybe the battery was low at that time. I was able to get some pretty good clouds off just handheld mode though

what temps were you using??? when i use my solo native (just the stem alone) i start at 4 and usually finish at 5 or 6. when i use my solo with my ZOB bubbler i start at 6 and finish at 7.

Zipsort

what temps were you using??? when i use my solo native (just the stem alone) i start at 4 and usually finish at 5 or 6. when i use my solo with my ZOB bubbler i start at 6 and finish at 7.
I mostly skip 6 and go to 7 straigth away when using it with my bong...

I was using it at temp 5.

The only thing I kind of seem skeptical of is starting at a high temp (6 or 7) that if you set it back lower after ripping a 6 or 7 and set it to say a 4, it will still be as hot as 6 or 7.

Lol.. confusing, but I'm sure someone knows what I mean.

I agree though I thought the same thing, higher temp because the extra suction from the tube puts more stress on the heater

I really wish I could pack more in there.. I had two pack two full bowls to myself before bed last night, not a big problem but when vaping with friends theres gonna be alot of packalackin

Zipsort,

poonman

I don't think this unit is meant to be shared with multiple users at the same time ...hence
the name . Solo ...hehe.
But I did share it with my sister , when she came to visit .
And it got us both nicely medicated .

On another note ;
I tried putting a solid nug in the stem , as suggested earlier .
I'd really liked it and will be trying that again tonight .
I thought I got a few extra hits out of one stem , and the flavor and taste seemed to be more
lasting . Started at 5 , then went up to 6 .
Afterwards , I noticed the nug was evenly cooked ,but maybe the middle was slightly lighter in color .

My theory for the extra flavor/taste ;
Because I didn't grind , all the trichlomes and CBD goodies stayed intact .
And not stuck to my grinder , that's my guess .
I will do another test tonight ....

X24

I don't think this unit is meant to be shared with multiple users at the same time ...hence
the name . Solo ...hehe.

On another note ;
I thought I got a few extra hits out of one stem , and the flavor and taste seemed to be more
Afterwards , I noticed the nug was evenly cooked ,but maybe the middle was slightly lighter in color .

It's very likely that the reason the taste was favorable for a larger span of time is simply the hot air takes longer to vaporize the flavonoids inside the nug. It also would explain why you got more hits out of the stem.

However, none of this really matters if it "cooks" the bud fairly evenly. Probably makes for less pull through anyway.

X24,

Zipsort

the name . Solo ...hehe.

On another note ;

Yeah I understand that its called Solo but still, even just using it solo it takes me 2 full packs by myself to get me to where I need to be. With 3 other buddies, its gonna take about 10 stemfulls.

Zipsort,

Zipsort

the name . Solo ...hehe.

On another note ;

Yeah I understand that its called Solo but still, even just using it solo it takes me 2 full packs by myself to get me to where I need to be. With 3 other buddies, its gonna take about 10 stemfulls.

Zipsort,

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"

and i thought i had some high tolerance!!!! 1 stem is USUALLY good for me. my tolerance level is strange though. i will get medicated off 1 stem but the effects do not last long and i will have to go back for more. One will get me where i need to be though

Zipsort

and i thought i had some high tolerance!!!! 1 stem is USUALLY good for me. my tolerance level is strange though. i will get medicated off 1 stem but the effects do not last long and i will have to go back for more. One will get me where i need to be though

Yeah mine varies as well, but I was a heavy extract/oil smoker (almost strictly, gave up on flowers for awhile) but now I am done with that for awhile so back to flowers and vaping is definately my 2nd choice if I am able to.

Zipsort,

MrNorml

i kinda want a solo now lol
i own the pax but im interested in getting this, the battery lasts much longer?

It does last longer for me, although I don't have empirical data to support that. They are different. Each is excellent. Solo is simple to attach to waterpipes, more adjustable temps, great taste through glass (but it is glass), self-shut off so you don't forget, and a heck of a lot less expensive. I'm seeing people getting Solos off Ebay for like $140 USD which is way less than I paid. Also, Solo has a strong history (which has had a couple speed bumps for some), has replaceable batteries, has an optional power supply so you can use while it is plugged in bypassing battery. IMHO, if real long time (like hours and hours over a weekene away from plugs and power) use is expected, look at the Iolite or another butane device because they take seconds vs hour to recharge so no dead battery issues. Otherwise, Solo is a great choice. Consider using screens with it though, and expect to modify your method of toking to suit it somewhat (not that there is some big learning curve). But Pax already taught you that part! You will not regret having both I am sure - checking other devices mentioned on FC seems to show that the Solo and the new Pax are the stellar units that shine above the riff-raff. Solo is larger (I posted pics somewhere on FC) but either is good to carry around. (Pax is easier to carry for me though.)
Anyhow I hope you get the Solo to add to your arsenal because it is a great, flexible unit that seems to be solid and reliable (which not all [Hey WispR] are). Just be careful because as others have pointed out, this vaporizer thing is like womens' shoes or something - it can end up being expensive! At least you get something for your dollar with the Solo for absolutely sure.

Top Bottom