• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Arizer Solo or Arizer Air for vapor quality, build quality, and reliability.

I had a An Arizer Air a few months ago which i unfortunately had to sell for money. I absolutely loved the quality and and vapor i got from it. I am in the market for a new vape and I am wondering if i should get the air again or if i would get better quality vapor from the solo. The air is obviously more stealth which is nice but the solo is 40 dollars cheaper Canadian.

chrisasmith75,
Reactions: DarkSm0ke

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
If it doesn't matter to you the stealth value, then go with the Solo. It has 2 extra tempretures that you don't get with the Air. I have both but I use my Solo way more than my Air.

The build quality is probably the same since they are from the same company. The Solo has been out since 2011. The AA came out 2 years ago last Nov. You don't have the user replaceable batteries but the Solo lasts for 2+ hours when new. The Solo's battery can be replaced after 2 or 3 years whenever you feel the time is right. You can buy a battery for around $40 -$50 dollars.

I've dropped my Solo a few times. Other than a chip on the bottom plate no other problems. The bottom plate on the Solo has been an issue. I ended up buying a stand for mine from @Pipes a fellow FCer. It covers the bottom plate and it works really great.

My $ is on the Solo. I prefer mostly an all glass air path unless I'm using wood so the Solo and the Air fit my portable needs to a T.

Here's mine with the @Ed's TnT mouthpiece and the stand from @Pipes. I had just finished doing some gardening when I took this pic.

Last edited:

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
I also have both, air just landed, I still use solo at home, 99% through water. Air I prefere when out during evenings (stem not easy to fall out, is smaller....)

It is true air miss 2 temperatures but 1 is a 40/50C so almost useless and air has 180 as lowest one; solo pass from 40C to 185 C.

For low temp dry hit for me air is better, for high temp water I prefer solo

DarkSm0ke

I had a An Arizer Air a few months ago which i unfortunately had to sell for money. I absolutely loved the quality and and vapor i got from it. I am in the market for a new vape and I am wondering if i should get the air again or if i would get better quality vapor from the solo. The air is obviously more stealth which is nice but the solo is 40 dollars cheaper Canadian.

@chrisasmith75 If you buy your Air from planet vape it is only $137 US if you Use code AIR179 during checkout to get an Arizer Air and a Volcano Grinder and Free Shipping in Canada and USA for only 179.97. After exchange rate it will cost you about $137 with free shipping to US.

If it doesn't matter to you the stealth value, then go with the Solo. It has 2 extra tempretures that you don't get with the Air. I have both but I use my Solo way more than my Air.

The build quality is probably the same since they are from the same company. The Solo has been out since 2011. The AA came out 2 years ago last Nov. You don't have the user replaceable batteries but the Solo lasts for 2+ hours when new. The Solo's battery can be replaced after 2 or 3 years whenever you feel the time is right. You can buy a battery for around $40 -$50 dollars.

I've dropped my Solo a few times. Other than a chip on the bottom plate no other problems. The bottom plate on the Solo has been an issue. I ended up buying a stand for mine from @Pipes a fellow FCer. It covers the bottom plate and it works really great.

My $ is on the Solo. I prefer mostly an all glass air path unless I'm using wood so the Solo and the Air fit my portable needs to a T.

Here's mine with the @Ed's TnT mouthpiece and the stand from @Pipes. I had just finished doing some gardening when I took this pic.

@CarolKing The universe is strange and all knowing. I was thinking of getting a portable idiot proof vape for my GF. She has MS and it is best if things are simple. Portable only because she won't have to mess with cords that she might trip on. For the most part she will use it at home in the living room. So like 30 minutes ago I thought, hey maybe I should check out the air or solo? I went to planet vape site because I was just reading about the j hooks on the nano thread and happened to come across the deal for the air, and the pricing on the solo. Came back to FC and searched on solo VS air... found this thread barely 2 hours old. Ask the universe and it answers back sometimes LOUDLY.

Thanks for the fast responses! From what the temp of 385 on the solo really nice which the air is missing.

Unfortunately i can't really vape in my apartment because my girlfriends dads business is down stairs and my girlfriend doesn't like the smell. I figure if i get the solo over the air i can just put it in a backpack and go where i need to.

chrisasmith75,

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
The Solo is a great workhorse. And the high-capacity battery is a worthy upgrade. Like @CarolKing noted, the bottom plate can come loose if dinged about. Fits perfect in a soda cup too.

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
Air or Solo it is rock solid quality & reliability. That is such a refreshing pic @CarolKing from the iced tea to the ridiculously classy Turquoise WonG & your fancy new nug secateurs :lol:. Did the SLX already let you down ;)?

Stevenski,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
They both have the same heating element and mouthpieces, so they make vapor of same quality, density nad taste.
Air is smaller and imo has even slightly better design and build quality and feels a bit more solid.
Air has removeable batteries, Solo has higher capacity.
Air grip better on mouthpieces so they don't fall out.
Solo is cheaper and have 2 more temps on the low end (which I don't use anyway).

I prefer the Air, but you decide for yourself.

Top Bottom