• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Arizer Solo II

Likun

Soo I've had two sessions with my solo last night. Both with around 0.05 g material, the second session I inserted one of those domed screens to make the bowl smaller.
Both methods worked kinda the same, I couldn't figure out much difference.
The first few hits were very tasty as expected, I started at 180c and got some nice vapor.
But it seems like my material was all used already at those 180c. I bumped temperature up to 220c and got no vapor at all, the bud didn't get any darker as it was already quite dark with a few hotspots on the material closest to the heater.

Its my first conduction session device in a while so I don't really know what to expect. My daily daily driver is my tubo evic assisted by a Vapcap sometimes for variety and those quick hits.
I still need to figure out for what kind of occasions the solo would fit my setup - if any?

Edit:
I forgot to say that the vapor became kinda harsh for my throat and lungs after a few hits even at 180c and the longest mp. I'm used to the very cool ddave cooler mp and only use my vapcaps with hemp filter inside.
The solo really reminds me about my fury (fenix mini). Flavor, vapor production, harshness and even draw resistance are very comparable. I've only used the fury with the standard mp though which is too harsh for me.

Last edited:

sickmanfraud

Soo I've had two sessions with my solo last night. Both with around 0.5 g material, the second session I inserted one of those domed screens to make the bowl smaller.
Both methods worked kinda the same, I couldn't figure out much difference.
The first few hits were very tasty as expected, I started at 180c and got some nice vapor.
But it seems like my material was all used already at those 180c. I bumped temperature up to 220c and got no vapor at all, the bud didn't get any darker as it was already quite dark with a few hotspots on the material closest to the heater.

Its my first conduction session device in a while so I don't really know what to expect. My daily daily driver is my tubo evic assisted by a Vapcap sometimes for variety and those quick hits.
I still need to figure out for what kind of occasions the solo would fit my setup - if any?

Edit:
I forgot to say that the vapor became kinda harsh for my throat and lungs after a few hits even at 180c and the longest mp. I'm used to the very cool ddave cooler mp and only use my vapcaps with hemp filter inside.
The solo really reminds me about my fury (fenix mini). Flavor, vapor production, harshness and even draw resistance are very comparable. I've only used the fury with the standard mp though which is too harsh for me.

@frosty234 Please check the amount you used? I don't think you used half a gram in the Solo 2 stem.

I use my Solo 2 with one of the cooling stems from @PuffItUp https://www.puffitup.com/Arizer-Air-Solo-Long-H2O-Filtration-Stem-p/qctq.airsol2-bubb_l.htm

it seems that there are now two lengths for the H20 stem. cools the vapor a lot.

Likun

@sickmanfraud
Oops, I meant 0.05 g of course.
Thanks for the link, I'll check that out. Still waiting for my wpa to ship and wp to arrive. I bet the solo does a good job through water.

Do you use the h2o stem with or without water? Looks like my ddave cooler in thin.

OF

Both with around 0.05 g material,

But it seems like my material was all used already at those 180c.

I forgot to say that the vapor became kinda harsh for my throat and lungs after a few hits even at 180c and the longest mp.

That seems very normal/logical to me. !/20 of a gram is a tiny load, far less than ten mg of THC? Stem vapes like PD are about that size and folks only expect a few hits, at those same temperatures. Continued effort past that is going to be harsh, since that's all that's left in the load?

I think the best solution to a load that gets exhausted before you're satisfied is a larger load containing more 'good stuff'?

Solo/Air/ArGo is a versitle format for sure, but it needs 'fuel' to get performance.

Holiday regards to all.

OF

Likun

I bought the solo to have a device to 'sip' as my other few vapes are more kinda 'rippers'. I've read that the arizers are known for slower ectraction thus more sipping than ripping.
I'm more of a microdosing guy as with loads <0.1 g as >0.1 g in one sessions gets me way above where I want to be most of times.

220°c on this device get way darker than 220°c on my fury. It gets almost as dark as it can get with vapcaps. For a small moment I even thought that I'd combusted. Not that it's a bad thing, it just surprised me.
I just microdosed <0.05 and got a few tasty and cloudy hits. I think I'll let that ss screen inserted into the stem. That way microdosing is easier and I small crumbs don't make it through.

Edit: What's PD vape?

OF

220°c on this device get way darker than 220°c on my fury.

Edit: What's PD vape?

Purple Days, now obsolete. It was designed for such tiny loads, unlike Solo/Air/ArGo. It was a 'stem vape' (like the Zaps and others I've never tried I'm told). You filled a small cavity in a stem with herb, inserted it into the 'heating station' for half a minute or so, and enjoyed a couple of fresh, tasty hits.....or one big one.....exhausting the tiny load.

Vapman and Dynavap share this 'tiny load' idea these days (VM is a personal favorite, well worth considering IMO), both have this same limitation. A couple tasty hits exhausts the load leaving harsh 'other stuff'. If you want more you need to reload or load more to start with?

IMO it's not realistic to compare F2 to Solo results at some temperature since they sense temperatures differently (heater element vs cup temperature, much closer to load temp) even if they were both 'dead accurate' in calibration. Tweak the temperature setting to get the results you want.

OF

OF

I have a PD that I don't use any more. Use to get a couple of very nice rips out of a stem. I consider the Solo to be like a portable PD. Similar concept but as OF pointed out the Solo stems have much larger bowls.

Ever try the experiment where you put the loaded stem in to heat and space it out (or pass out.....) and discover it still there the next morning, hot and waiting? Tasteless but still potent hit. There's an important lesson there for folks trying to understand how vapes work. That THC just kept 'recycling' all night long and was mostly still there for extraction on demand.

Worth considering when you think about 'saving the rest for later' with Solo/Air/ArGo.......which actually works?

I still like my last PD (fancy Maple) and haul it out a time or two a year like my ThermVape stuff. Like Solo, doesn't fail to please.

OF

Hussan311

I ordered a Solo 2 about 3 weeks ago now at first was not a big fan of it, but over time and learning how to use it more (not stuffing it full) but a nice loose pack it is really starting to grow on me and buying a wpa really helps. I also found i like to have the stem in the chamber turn it on let it get to temp but then wait about another 20-30 seconds before hitting it, it really helps on getting big hits if thats what your into.

OF

....a nice loose pack it is really starting to grow on me and buying a wpa really helps. I also found i like to have the stem in the chamber turn it on let it get to temp but then wait about another 20-30 seconds before hitting it, it really helps on getting big hits if thats what your into.

Glad you're getting to know Solo, it's a very versitle tool. No 'right way' for all users, each guy has to explore the options.

You're right on not always jamming the bowl full. You can even put intact nugs in, have you tried that?

For sure 'heat soak', both on start up and between hits, is an important factor. You need to give a bit of time for the heat to conduct into the load. Easy to forget that part.

Best Holiday wishes to all.

OF

Bluestang

A j hook works really great with the Solo 2 and u don’t need water. I bought 2 off of Planetvape they r a Black Leaf. It helps to give your Solo extra flavor at a higher temperature.

The j hook works well with a lot of different vaporizers.

Excuse my noobness... What's a j hook?

Edit: NVM, found thread here on it. Looks cool but the wife would make fun of me lol. I think ilI'just get the bent stem.

Last edited:

GreenJeans_55

My brand new Solo 2 (just arrived and its charging) is gonna get a workout this afternoon. Bought it from PIU as they ship with black glass stems (and I also bought the BENT black stem as an extra). Its at 71% charged......oh the anticipation.....sour diesel awaits thee

GreenJeans_55

You're gonna love it!

You're right! The best tasting vapor I've had yet, very pure taste. Using the Arizer black bent stem. start at 180C and get 3 good pulls, and then bump it to 192C to get 2 more rips.....off probably .15 gram. (I take longer bigger draws then most).

efficiency at its best. So far Arizer's Solo 2 is my fav vape.

wall

You're right! The best tasting vapor I've had yet, very pure taste. Using the Arizer black bent stem. start at 180C and get 3 good pulls, and then bump it to 192C to get 2 more rips.....off probably .15 gram. (I take longer bigger draws then most).

efficiency at its best. So far Arizer's Solo 2 is my fav vape.
Now that my tolerance is getting better I view it as a bigger fury 2

Top Bottom