Arizer Solo II

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Good news @PuffItUp received their Solo 2s. Ordered this morining and its already been shipped out. I hope I get it Monday. I went with priority 2 day shipping. Really excited to get this new Arizer portable.

I used FC-1 for 15% off.

Edit
I only paid $212 for the unit, not a bad price.

I ordered the mystic blue color too.

Last edited:

Prolusio

Just received my mystic blue Solo 2 today, courtesy of Planetvape! They were super fast on the shipping, excellent service. They included an extra GonG so I have both 18/14mm and can use the Solo 2 with the J-hook ordered as well. Very pleased with my purchase :nod:.

Haven't had much time to use it but I am immediately impressed with the Solo 2's presence in my hand. It has a nice weight, great finish on the body that's smooth without being too slippery; and the body itself is shaped and angled to fit comfortably in my hand. I really like the little curves at the top, thumb rests right in there. Screen is also very bright and easy to read, there's no ambiguous symbols or settings. Very easy to use.

I was also really impressed with Arizer's packaging for the device. They have the stems in these little tubes with silicone stoppers so each stem has a carrying case essentially. Really doubt this glass could be damaged in transit without some exceptionally careless handling. I think the Solo/Air has those little caps for the stems as well but I'm not sure if they were included? Definitely no protective tubes.. Anyway, it's awesome to have them.

Look forward to getting to know the Solo 2 better this weekend :science::D

TDB

Almost everyone I have seen introduced to a vaporizer for the first time are disappointed and feel as though their desire was not achieved.

My favorite way to overcome this issue is to have them try a full session at a lower temperature. Afterwards, I have them perform a second session at a higher temperature in a very dark room with a flashlight of some sort. I instruct them them to exhale towards the light and in this condition the vapor exhales become very visible!

Between the visualization and two back-to-back sessions you are almost guaranteed to satisfy those who are introduced to a vaporizer for the first time.... or anytime hahaha!

Last edited:

AJS

Calm Consistency
Almost everyone I have seen introduced to a vaporizer for the first time are disappointed and feel as though their desire was not achieved.

My favorite way to overcome this issue is to have them try a full session at a lower temperature. Afterwards, I have them perform a second session at a higher temperature in a very dark room with a flashlight of some sort. I instruct them them to exhale towards the light and in this condition the vapor exhales become very visible!

Between the visualization and two back-to-back sessions you are almost guaranteed to satisfy those who are introduced to a vaporizer for the first time.... or anytime hahaha!
I just hook something up to the bubbler and have em hit it til they choke ... they learn soon enough vapes are no joke.
Dat rhyme.

TDB

If anyone isnt happy with my solo, very unlikely, then the evo will set them straight...

But iv never seen the solo fail to impress...

Those who weren't instantly impressed by the Solo II (typically vaporizer newbies) are spread throughout forums including this thread ;) Personally, with decades of combustion I occasionally follow my vaporizer newbie suggestion just to get a kick. If you or anyone who reads this haven't done it... I suggest it is given a shot just for fun!

Last edited:

WildChild

Seeking My Shangri-La
Received my Solo II a couple of days ago from Planet Vape and am impressed. The battery life is pretty incredible and the build is solid. I added a dome screen to my PHVES shorty turbo (from my original Solo) so I can micro-dose. Followed @OF's advice about letting the battery charge for several hours the first time.

Being less concerned with flavor than full extraction, I would like to invest in a stem with a stainless steel bowl so I can get the ABV a bit darker. Yes, I know I will sacrifice taste without the all-glass path. Would that be one of Ed's Wooden Stems that I am looking for? I live in Canada and am guessing I would have to order from the States.

Although the Solo II takes a bit longer to extract that I am used to, I found myself quite medicated only using a pinch of product. Perhaps I am enjoying more of the 'spectrum' than I have been used to vaping it quickly at higher temperatures with other vaporizers?

Again, I appreciate all the great advice and am pleased with my purchase.

OF

Being less concerned with flavor than full extraction, I would like to invest in a stem with a stainless steel bowl so I can get the ABV a bit darker.

Would that be one of Ed's Wooden Stems that I am looking for? I live in Canada and am guessing I would have to order from the States.

Yes, if you want an all SS bowl Ed is the way to go. However, if the goal is darker ABV that's probably not the way to go. The SS part extends out of the oven and therefore conducts heat away. Ironically you need to 'bump up' the heat settings on Solo (the original one with steps) a step or two to compensate. That is if you liked say step 4 (392F IIRC), you now need 5 or even 6 to get the same production (9 or even 18F hotter). That's 5 or 10C MORE to get the same results.

If you want more heat in the load you need more heat in the oven feeding it if the losses say about the same, you can bump the heat up say 10 degrees at a time with the glass stems you have now? Be ready to switch to a WT, it can get harsh.

Otherwise this is temperature controlled. If you continue to work on the load at even modest temperatures you'll get weaker and weaker vapor but you'll end up 'coffee dark'.

Play with is some, but don't expect a change to Ed's (or any other) SS stem to give you darker ABV at the same settings, you'll get the opposite.

Good luck, and enjoy the journey.

OF

WildChild

Seeking My Shangri-La
Yes, if you want an all SS bowl Ed is the way to go. However, if the goal is darker ABV that's probably not the way to go. The SS part extends out of the oven and therefore conducts heat away. Ironically you need to 'bump up' the heat settings on Solo (the original one with steps) a step or two to compensate. That is if you liked say step 4 (392F IIRC), you now need 5 or even 6 to get the same production (9 or even 18F hotter). That's 5 or 10C MORE to get the same results.

If you want more heat in the load you need more heat in the oven feeding it if the losses say about the same, you can bump the heat up say 10 degrees at a time with the glass stems you have now? Be ready to switch to a WT, it can get harsh.

Otherwise this is temperature controlled. If you continue to work on the load at even modest temperatures you'll get weaker and weaker vapor but you'll end up 'coffee dark'.

Play with is some, but don't expect a change to Ed's (or any other) SS stem to give you darker ABV at the same settings, you'll get the opposite.

Good luck, and enjoy the journey.

OF
Very interesting and informative, @OF, thank you. I'll hold off on the SS for now and take your advice about playing with the glass a bit.

Planet Vape was good enough to give me the 14mm (and 18mm) GonG which fits my Pinnacle Micro Shower 14mm perfectly...so I'll try the WT today.

Appreciate your response, @OF. I always learn something here.

tonuzzi

Spoon Dogg

Well said OF,
I own one of ED's SS wood stems and enjoy it very much on both of my solos, although I find that I do have to increase the heat at least 10C on the SS to get similiar results on lower heat with the glass stem.

SoDelicious

Salted Caramel Ice Cream
Loving my solo 2 so much I think im going to sell my desktop units and get portables instead :brow:

Effects off the same load amount compared to my desktop vapes are basically the same (the solo just drags out a session longer).

Quick question for solo 2 owners:

Do you put a screen on top of of the heater, blocking the 4 air vent holes? If so what screens do you use?

Also, if you're letting someone whos been combusting and doesn't really like vapes try letting then use the solo 2 at max temp. pretty sure thatll change their mind :lol:

Stormsend

I have some questions.

1.) what is the best grinder I can buy for this? I have a medium space case and keep getting material in my mouth. Is the kannastor gr8tr any good?

2.) what adapter can I purchase to use this with a Vapexhale Hydrabase? I got the 14mm attachment but it is too small. Also what is another bubbler I can use with the 14mm attachment? Thanks!

Stormsend,
Reactions: BigJr48

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
I have some questions.

1.) what is the best grinder I can buy for this? I have a medium space case and keep getting material in my mouth. Is the kannastor gr8tr any good?

2.) what adapter can I purchase to use this with a Vapexhale Hydrabase? I got the 14mm attachment but it is too small. Also what is another bubbler I can use with the 14mm attachment? Thanks!
Try adding a screen to the stem or grinding coarser. That means less turns in the grinder. I had a Space Case as well and I was able to achieve a variety of grind sizes based on how much I turned it.

The second question is if 14mm is too small, you need to get an 18mm.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/sis.html?_i...ctor+Clear+Glass&_trksid=p2047675.m4100.l9146

The outside is 18mm, the inside where you put the vape is 14mm. This also will allow you to use all the 18mm glass pieces with your 14mm Solo 2 glass adapter.

Alternatively you could buy an 18mm glass adapter for the Solo 2 and it would work.

You can use the attachment/adapter on all the pieces that have 14mm joints for it. If you get the 18-14 adapter you can also use 18mm pieces. We have a thread for cheap bubblers in the Glass subforum if you're interested in other glass and don't want to spend big bucks for your Solo 2.

Alexis

I have some questions.

You could try placing a small bundle of hemp fiber in the stem to catch particles. Not too dense, just enough to catch bits and allow airflow.

biohacker

It's amazing how many draws you can get from the solo as opposed to the Mighty.

I find I get a lot more draws with the Solo 2 than I did with the Mighty, and IMHO the taste is better with the Solo

Why do you guys think this is? I noticed with the Mighty the first hit would taste okay (still somewhat of a blended herb taste vs true strain terpene taste), so perhaps the Mighty just extracts faster?

All this talk about isolated air intake....i've done dozens of burnoff cycles, and I STILL can detect a metallic solder taste. It has not seen any herb yet. It's faint, but it's definitely there.

Last edited:

Stormsend

Why do you guys think this is? I noticed with the Mighty the first hit would taste okay (still somewhat of a blended herb taste vs true strain terpene taste), so perhaps the Mighty just extracts faster?

All this talk about isolated air intake....i've done dozens of burnoff cycles, and I STILL can detect a metallic solder taste. It has not seen any herb yet. It's faint, but it's definitely there.
I think the mighty is stronger and vaped the material faster. But if you fill up the solo stem 1/2 or 3/4, you can vape at different temps for awhile because the airflow is more restrictive but not so much if that makes sense

AJS

Calm Consistency

Could be that the glass conduction just releases actives slower beause less convective (is that a word?) hot air is pulled through the load than with the Mighty. I can kill the same load in my Milaana in one monsterous hit if I wanted compared to like 7 hits in the Solo 2. It's not a poor extractor .. just a slowish one. I've killed a bowl in 2 hits with the Solo 2 when I really wanted to. I got the Solo 2 for this exact reason. It's nice to chill on a fat bowl for 20 minutes sometimes.
______
I didn't really get the smell to go away until I put a bowl or 2 of herb through it. I see it like a nail ... Gotta get that layer of buildup before the flaves really come out.

WildChild

Seeking My Shangri-La
I think the mighty is stronger and vaped the material faster. But if you fill up the solo stem 1/2 or 3/4, you can vape at different temps for awhile because the airflow is more restrictive but not so much if that makes sense
I don't own a Mighty but found the same issue with the PNP...it extracts quicker than the Solo II. I was also able to get the ABV darker with the PNP. After a couple of mods on the Firefly 1, I was able to do the same and get my herbs nice and dark. This bothered me at first as I am one that loves to get every last bit of goodness from my meds and felt the Solo II might not be up to the task.

But then I realized I was getting just as medicated (if not more) with the Solo II as the PNP. I think the slower extraction allowed me to inhale more of the goodness before it was heated and spent. It just seems to keep on giving vapor. Does that make any sense?

I followed @OF's advice and started playing around a bit with my technique. I now get fairly dark brown ABV consistently, although it takes a bit. I save it and make hot chocolate at the end of the day if I feel there still might be some goodness left in it. :)

Always thought you had to get your ABV almost black in a vaporizer to get the most benefits. I'm quickly changing my opinion. Live and learn.

tonuzzi

Spoon Dogg
I followed @OF's advice and started playing around a bit with my technique. I now get fairly dark brown ABV consistently, although it takes a bit. I save it and make hot chocolate at the end of the day if I feel there still might be some goodness left in it. :)

@OF knows his shit that's for sure! Lol, but It took me a few sessions of playing with the heat to get my technique down pat and not sacrifice taste as much. I usually kill a stem 15 + hits as I usually start at lower heat fir the first 10 or so hits.

Could be that the glass conduction just releases actives slower beause less convective (is that a word?) hot air is pulled through the load than with the Mighty. I can kill the same load in my Milaana in one monsterous hit if I wanted compared to like 7 hits in the Solo 2. It's not a poor extractor .. just a slowish one. I've killed a bowl in 2 hits with the Solo 2 when I really wanted to. I got the Solo 2 for this exact reason. It's nice to chill on a fat bowl for 20 minutes sometimes.

You nailed it bro, Im thinking its the glass as well. I love using the solo 2 with water and can kill a stem with 4-5 nice bong hits
:tup:

Good news @PuffItUp received their Solo 2s. Ordered this morining and its already been shipped out. I hope I get it Monday. I went with priority 2 day shipping. Really excited to get this new Arizer portable.

I used FC-1 for 15% off.

Edit
I only paid $212 for the unit, not a bad price.

I ordered the mystic blue color too.

That's a good deal Carol
Welcome to the Solo 2 Family, you're going to love it!

@biohacker, good to see you back brother, hope all is well

Last edited:

AJS

Calm Consistency
But then I realized I was getting just as medicated (if not more) with the Solo II as the PNP. I think the slower extraction allowed me to inhale more of the goodness before it was heated and spent. It just seems to keep on giving vapor. Does that make any sense?
Makes complete sense to me. I totally agree. Your body absorbs thc better with this type of extraction imo.

Always thought you had to get your ABV almost black in a vaporizer to get the most benefits. I'm quickly changing my opinion. Live and learn.
i can get it pretty dark if I want to, just gotta pull a bit slower imo and give the conduction some time between hits to really cool towards the end of it.

Either way tho .. in the end .. it's not completely necessary. I cash my bowls pretty light sometimes, even after just a sesh on 370 if I want. It's all about the journey, not necessarily sucking out every last drop imo :). But everyone is different! My friends and I used to vape til black.

OF

I followed @OF's advice and started playing around a bit with my technique. I now get fairly dark brown ABV consistently, although it takes a bit.

Yep, a guy sure can git hisself in trouble letting other folks make up his mind for him on this here Internet. Not that (at least almost) everyone isn't telling the truth as they see it it's very subjective stuff to start with and the observers aren't well calibrated.

We have a fellow wondering around that vapes a solid gram a month. One. Month after month, completely satisfied. And another that rolls 7 gram blunts. And a LOT between. We have 'cloud chasers' and 'ghost sippers'. Guys who need a WT for health reasons and guys that 'need' one since it's a key to bigger hits. Some for whom taste is everything, and those for whom it's medicine and pleasant taste is nice but not required.

Hey, we can't even agree about stems? How cool is that?

Best advice in most cases is, I think, to try it for yourself and see how it suits you. Keep it between the ditches, of course, but explore for yourself. Even stuff that doesn't seem all that good an idea if you can? If someone else liked it, you might. But if they didn't you still might?

IMO experience basted opinions beat all those other kinds.......

Glad to hear you're getting to know your new friend, it sure seems like a good one to me. In the end I think I may still prefer the 'tip the stem to control things' aspect of the original Solo, but this one seems an excellent vape in it's own right......as I get to know it better.

Ain't it fun how the garbage you bring to the party (expectations) so often gets in the way later on?

OF

Top Bottom