Arizer Solo II

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Be careful what you ask for (not that it really matters, they will release their product without taking any of our feedback anyways)

A retractable stem means telescopic parts and 2 of the 4 vapes that I got with that design have the same problem around its implementation: you can't (at least with glass) create an airtight joint and it will create a downstream (i.e. post heater) vapor dilution point and yield a suboptimal vapor/air ratio (aka wispy hits)

The last two ones also sport a similar issue in the sense that while more air-tight they still open the vapor path to a rather large chamber where vapor can expand when you stop drawing and which you have to clear (by creating vacuum) every-time you hit.

FIY the first two are the Herbstick Deluxe and the Elo, with the gap between the telescopic parts leading directly to the outside (and hence a big vapor dilution) and the two others are the Ascent and the FlowerMate 8, with the gap leading to some sort of internal chamber (and in the Ascent case, due to a design flaw, said chamber leads directly to the device internals where the PCB and batteries are...)

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I'm thinking more power could mean an option for concentrates.
I am not expecting a complete revision with tons of upgrades, I think Arizer is more of a KISS kind of company. That said, if this is still rock solid reliable, this update should be welcomed with open arms. These are some great improvements - digital temp control, faster heat up, longer battery life, and real battery level indication. These are all must have features for medical patients. What a nice update. Not really expecting to see convection, although I prefer Arizer's conduction anyways over others like Da Vinci and Pax who use giant bowls, versus the flavor saver stem from the Solo/Air. A conduction vape that can extract quickly (like the Vapcap) is a different beast from a conduction sipper. Hopefully more power also means quicker extraction is possible.

blackstone

Maybe all this extra power is for mostly convection, as the CFV and Swiftpro were power hogs?

It looks oval shaped, and if the pictures are correct and those stems are 14mm like the Solo,
then I make the depth of the unit to be 32mm at the top. While the bottom is slimmer again.
So it could be small, fit in a pocket easier, fast heat up is useful, good power, possible increased potential for convection type use?
Temperature control is better but some didn't think we needed it!

But the stems remain it seems? Good for taste and cleaning, and converts easily to WT.
Maybe a lot of people are happy to cap stems or keep them in tubes.
Maybe it's not the exact same type stem what do I know!

The other possible benefit is that it could be cheaper than a Solo, with all these features.
Like they're doing at some of these vape companies now.

@blackstone if you are in North America, it would be less expensive to purchase from Puffitup.com or Planetvape.ca, both FC sponsors.

Both great suggestions and I've bought from PV before.
I'm actually across the pond.
But in the case of the Northern lights Solo, it was only sold on the official website and PV could not get one.
And with this new release I thought there's a chance it might release on Arizer website first and I might be excited to get one fast! But we'll see how good it looks!

By the way, your username is so much fun, it has often brought me smiles on here!
Thank you

I've solved this with these silicone rings: https://vapefiend.co.uk/arizer-solo-high-temperature-silicone-o-rings-x-5
Arizer doesn't sell those on their website, but these are high-temp silicone o-rings with a diameter fitting the outside of the bowl end on the stem.
I've found that installing just one might not be enought, but having 2 in parallel in there works really well for me, fits all my stems just right.

How to install two rings in parallel:
1) Screw off the Solo cap
2) Insert a straight glass stem
3) Put 2 rings on there
4) Screw the cap back on
5) Take out the glass stem
6) Look if you can only see 1 o-ring. The other one should be pushed out and pushing in all directions on the visible o-ring. If you can see them both (like one half of the first one went outside in parallel and on the other side one half of the other one went outside in parallel) - put back the stem, unscrew the cap and screw it back for another try.

Thanks!
I got one O ring to hold the stem well before but it didn't seem right to me and airflow is better without. (Plus the horrible Oring makes it look like a gas cooker!)
Also I bust the screw holes on the bottom being a noob with an oversized Oring.
The technique of playing with the airflow is enjoyable with tilting and lifting Solo stem when you're in the mood.
But a solid one piece vape is nice too sometimes, one that holds itself together!

TheChillBud

Got a few little tid-bits of information regarding the new Arizer vaporizer. They've been in touch with me and I have a unit on route to do a full review w/ pics etc. But in the meantime I'll let you know what I know.
The new Arizer vaporizer is a Solo II. The general design seems almost exactly the same, a core unit with a glass stem. No the stem doesn't have multiple pieces, it's not retractable etc...
The battery life is supposed to be ~3 hours, which is pretty fantastic!
The display got a major update. The original Solo had some small LED lights that indicated the temperature setting. The Solo II has a full LED display that allows much more customization. You can dial in a precise temperature (122° F - 450° F), monitor battery life, adjust the auto-shutoff and it can be used while charging (just like the Solo I).
Again, I don't have a whole lot of info as of yet, but I'll be putting the Solo II through its paces in a matter of days.
Vape on.

PlanetHaze

Don't Vaporize The Planet !, Vaporize Yourself
Retailer
Coming Soon a new Portable Vaporizer from Arizer....
The Solo II

The Solo is being modernized with a Screen displaying battery level, temperature and more. The Solo II will be Arizers most powerful vape yet.

lazylathe

Almost there...
i'm still waiting for the benefitial improvements.

If the digital aspect of it works as it should, it should then be a different vaporizer.
Hopefully it will not cook the load as much with the digital aspect.

Not quite sure how digital control will really help with a mostly conduction vape though...

lazylathe,
Reactions: biohacker

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
So a 'built in' battery like the Solo & not removable 18650s like the Air?

To claim 3h of usage AND faster heatup, they must be using some alien technology anyways. Would be a first with 18650's...

That figure kinda reminds me the Grasshopper crowdfunding campaign and its bold claims... But I have more faith in Arizer.

Last edited:

biohacker

Who cares if the airpath isn't isolated? Is it isolated in the Grasshopper? What about the EVO? Have you ever looked at the seem on the bottom? Not exactly 100% isolated either.

And then we have the actual vapour path....

biohacker,
Reactions: Receptor

biohacker

There is a seam in the bottom of the casing, air can be entrained from there into the bamboo. I've had this happen on an EVO and previous Cloud (you can search my posts). Regardless, the non-isolated vapour path (stainless ELB) makes it redundant IMO.

There have been threads about this in the past over the years, and I know you are also an EQ fan.... you would be afraid to know how non-isolated that airpath is lol

biohacker,

kellya86

Herb gardener...
There is a seam in the bottom of the casing, air can be entrained from there into the bamboo. I've had this happen on an EVO and previous Cloud (you can search my posts). Regardless, the non-isolated vapour path (stainless ELB) makes it redundant IMO.

There have been threads about this in the past over the years, and I know you are also an EQ fan.... you would be afraid to know how non-isolated that airpath is lol

Yeah I'm well aware of what the eq is, I have rarely used it since September...

Ss I can deal with, solder and electronic components I can't...

And using the nail more, limits the ss intake..

I would have to see a some air tunnel style graphics before I could believe that I'm drawing air from inside the evo, through the seems, and up to bamboo...

Have you proved this somehow???
Id be very interested to see...

biohacker

Have you proved this somehow???
Id be very interested to see...

Search the EVO thread....Seibo even suggested drilling a hole in the bottom to help vent. I believe it is wire sheathing causing offgassing due to extreme temperatures, or it was suggested that it was solder. Anyways, mainly an issue when using it inverted, especially for longer periods, so overall probably a non issue. I however don't think the Arizer Solo's airpath is "impure".

biohacker,
Reactions: JCat

Mr.Sifter

the new SOLO2 is said to have an isolated vapor air path.
thats just the vapor path.
not the entire air path.

Mr.Sifter,
Reactions: JCat
Top Bottom