Arizer Solo 3

R1ng0

This thing is combusting? How? Oh boy!
Well my reasoning is with the standard stems going deep inside, they get way hotter then normal so 168C is like 196C on a normal vape and I never have any problem with draw resistance you just breathe in don't suck on it lol, the only vape I think does have draw resistance is the IQ2. Yes it can easily combust mine did at 190 on a 8 sec draw med grind with a BCG so should have been a ok ,., but as i said it combusted on 168 with a 10 sec draw as well so its gets maybe too hot with the standard stems i've yet to try the large ones. I'll letcha know

R1ng0,
  • Wow
Reactions: Petetbay

budweis

Comfortably Numb
Well my reasoning is with the standard stems going deep inside, they get way hotter then normal so 168C is like 196C on a normal vape and I never have any problem with draw resistance you just breathe in don't suck on it lol, the only vape I think does have draw resistance is the IQ2. Yes it can easily combust mine did at 190 on a 8 sec draw med grind with a BCG so should have been a ok ,., but as i said it combusted on 168 with a 10 sec draw as well so its gets maybe too hot with the standard stems i've yet to try the large ones. I'll letcha know
AFAIK all combustion events I heard of happened because of overpacking. I would try less weed, if that’s the issue?

ginolicious

Thank you for the input regarding the draw resistance. As I’m debating about getting one. But damn. Not liking the combusting going on though.

ginolicious,

R1ng0

Thank you for the input regarding the draw resistance. As I’m debating about getting one. But damn. Not liking the combusting going on though.
I think its just getting comfortable with how you draw on it and the numbers don't really mean that much IMHO @ 167C medium grind through water was lovely so like i said as long as it hits the spot, what do the numbers mean, but i'm really liking it now :)

R1ng0,

Brio

I've yet to combust with my 5 days with my Solo 3, and I have vaped stems at the max temp 220 C/428 F. As others have noted, Solo 3's performance is really dependent on how you pack your stem. Overpacking tends to lead to bad results.

Brio,

R1ng0

I've yet to combust with my 5 days with my Solo 3, and I have vaped stems at the max temp 220 C/428 F. As others have noted, Solo 3's performance is really dependent on how you pack your stem. Overpacking tends to lead to bad results.
its got a learning curve id agree but you combust with a 10 sec draw at 190C even loose packed depends on how you draw on it similar to a ff2 as I said for me 167c on the large stem now through water tasty large milky clouds so I'm sorted :) Actually now temp stepping on the large stems upto 180C now ok so its the standard stems to prevent combustion push all the way in then pull them out a tad. so they are not touching the bottom sorted Now large ones good at 192C

Last edited:
R1ng0,

NOLOGO

AFAIK all combustion events I heard of happened because of overpacking. I would try less weed, if that’s the issue?
also, make sure you do pack it to where the herb is like 1 or 2mm from the edge of the bowl. (The edge rests essentially all the way to the bottom of the heater, so you need to manually make sure the herb doesn't physically touch the bottom of the heater)

R1ng0

also, make sure you do pack it to where the herb is like 1 or 2mm from the edge of the bowl. (The edge rests essentially all the way to the bottom of the heater, so you need to manually make sure the herb doesn't physically touch the bottom of the heater)
I do and i'd still advise lifting it off the bottom for the standard stems

It gets so damn hot down in the oven, that's why I use a cap screen to keep weed off the bottom. Works like a charm, and tastes great ;).
Thanks gonna give that a try :) ok 3 pipe screens later no combustion still combusted on 1 if you just went straight at 190C seriously powerful heater

R1ng0,
Reactions: Petetbay

madhockeydad

Art is beauty

I've had a beta and now the a production unit. I use On Demand 2 - 4 and I don't combust though this vape can. I think sometimes people are hitting the heater multiple times on a bowl that could cause this. I use the standard time and I find I can hit the vape for 1 and half minutes after the heater turns off and still get vapor.

I'm not having combustion problems.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

Don't worry about combustion, that's a sign of the power, also hard to say what it feels like for different people, as I reported early on, using on demand mode, full bowls, I was getting scorched at the tip but not combustion though it could higher, there's a lot of power and the timing matters as well as the temp settings and load along with inhale

Not defending this vape but I’ve seen people report they combust on every portable vape I’ve been interested in or have.

Yes exactly, most every good one, that involves convection, especially on demand, temp settings can be relative (part of why they have the five presets for that mode)

Yes having a little room helps protect it, so there is much more room and more forgiveness with the XL bowls that way, because it is easy to overcook what is closer to the heater depending on the other variables

Thanks gonna give that a try :) ok 3 pipe screens later no combustion still combusted on 1 if you just went straight at 190C seriously powerful heater

Haha yeah such a low temp to combust, was it really a full combustion? Or just blackened scorch overcooked extraction?? Not a full ignition I wouldn't think there... But yeah on demand mode especially has so many other variables, slow session is more typical, but yes much more power and the idea of the standard stems sitting deeper in the heat does make sense

I use the standard time and I find I can hit the vape for 1 and half minutes after the heater turns off and still get vapor.

Hey good to see you around here again! Yes that is what I have been saying, with on demand mode, I am still only using 10 seconds, I think the standard was 15? Often especially above the first level, I will have it heat up fully and then not start inhaling until it is turned off... Can easily get a full hit with complete extraction this way so it retains heat like a beast

madhockeydad

Art is beauty
Don't worry about combustion, that's a sign of the power, also hard to say what it feels like for different people, as I reported early on, using on demand mode, full bowls, I was getting scorched at the tip but not combustion though it could higher, there's a lot of power and the timing matters as well as the temp settings and load along with inhale

Yes exactly, most every good one, that involves convection, especially on demand, temp settings can be relative (part of why they have the five presets for that mode)

Yes having a little room helps protect it, so there is much more room and more forgiveness with the XL bowls that way, because it is easy to overcook what is closer to the heater depending on the other variables

Haha yeah such a low temp to combust, was it really a full combustion? Or just blackened scorch overcooked extraction?? Not a full ignition I wouldn't think there... But yeah on demand mode especially has so many other variables, slow session is more typical, but yes much more power and the idea of the standard stems sitting deeper in the heat does make sense

Hey good to see you around here again! Yes that is what I have been saying, with on demand mode, I am still only using 10 seconds, I think the standard was 15? Often especially above the first level, I will have it heat up fully and then not start inhaling until it is turned off... Can easily get a full hit with complete extraction this way so it retains heat like a beast

Exactly. The most intense hits come after the heater has turned off. The tip of the weed gets very black but the rest is nicely roasted.

I still use the default 15 seconds but I will try reducing it to compare.

Really nice hits.

Cacahuates

Exactly. The most intense hits come after the heater has turned off. The tip of the weed gets very black but the rest is nicely roasted.

I still use the default 15 seconds but I will try reducing it to compare.

Really nice hits.
Ya this is similar to my experience.

When I do a level 4 ondemand hit it reminds me of a butane vape. Once it's heated it retains heat and you get some nice hits after the heat is off, especially if the oven is still hot from previous hits/sessions. Reminds me of riding the line hits. I'm quick to pull the stem out to see that the material is way darker than I anticipated. Never combusted yet but I'm sure I could have if I left the stem in the oven too long.

I love when when I pull the stem out and it's like a smoking gun...but vapour!

Durbandream

This unit has the classic Arizer draw, stiff. Until now with the new easy flow tubes. Still kinda stiff ,but way better than before. The flavor is amazing. I'm getting good terpy rips through my entire session . Lower temps really shine, and the extraction is better than before. Very even abv, and at 428 in my bubbler the abv is deep chocolate :D. Love the taste. I don't do on demand much. Seems fine to me, I mean my Roffu is quicker , but by seconds only. I can wait ;) .
Domed stainless steel screens will remove the draw stiffness by creating space between the bottom of the bowl and the air holes. I've also wedged a small broken off piece of weed stem between the ground herb and the holes which doesn't work as well but still makes a significant difference.

R1ng0

Convection debunked 😅
Definitely don't agree with that the most intense hits come 2 or 3 draws in. I don't use any kind of on demand mode where someone else is controlling my session. I prefer to be in control and set the temp exactly how I like it and temp step when I want . It's the same reason I dislike the pax plus, and prefer the 3. But that's just me and I'm a flav hound I like to savour the flavour. And it's not always about Clouds. If it's black it's too hot imvho peace

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Convection debunked 😅

We've mostly been agreeing that it is a hybrid, it can lean one way or the other depending how you use it... Here I do like it better with plenty of conduction personally

Not really. It starts from cold. The first hit is all convection, temp rising with your draw speed. Now I'm gonna try this sweet ass wide open stem with metal chamber to see the power on 5 and 6.:tup:
Thanks @Ed's TnT

image uploader

Wait was this a mistake, on demand mode stops at level 5 doesn't it?? I could check again to confirm lol but I think I remember

I used to have one of those with my OG, honestly hated to use it, almost everything about it (african blackwood) so let's leave it at that unless anyone wants more detail lol maybe it works better here in S3 though

Definitely don't agree with that the most intense hits come 2 or 3 draws in. I don't use any kind of on demand mode where someone else is controlling my session. I prefer to be in control and set the temp exactly how I like it and temp step when I want . It's the same reason I dislike the pax plus, and prefer the 3. But that's just me and I'm a flav hound I like to savour the flavour. And it's not always about Clouds. If it's black it's too hot imvho peace

Yeah this is why I like using session mode more because I can use such lower temps and get better extraction and more comfortable tasty vapor for myself... Great effects nevertheless and it is quite quick, session hybrid is more enjoyable than trying to maximize the convection with on demand mode although that is fun too, for me I like the low temp conduction build up a lot

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
We've mostly been agreeing that it is a hybrid, it can lean one way or the other depending how you use it... Here I do like it better with plenty of conduction personally
I'm finding the same.
Wait was this a mistake, on demand mode stops at level 5 doesn't it?? I could check again to confirm lol but I think I remember
Lol yeah it only goes up to five. But I wouldn't put it past @Custom Flower Hardware to find a secret, 6th level 🤩
Yeah this is why I like using session mode more because I can use such lower temps and get better extraction and more comfortable tasty vapor for myself... Great effects nevertheless and it is quite quick, session hybrid is more enjoyable than trying to maximize the convection with on demand mode although that is fun too, for me I like the low temp conduction build up a lot
Agreed.

Ah, I'm so sad to be without my beloved Solo 😥. Only had her for 2 nights before I had to RMA her for warranty replacement bc the battery wouldn't charge properly. Was rapidly becoming my favorite portable. Hell, it was competing with my desktops.

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
Yous are right. It's IV not VI I was looking at:doh: gonna try it now. I wanted a new eds stem exactly for the reasoning that it is hybrid once that heat hits the metal chamber, instead of glass, it should provide some serious shit!:razz: back in a few with the edit: vid
:tup:

Last edited:

techtoker

No combustion here, but if you don't leave enough space (especially at higher temps) the end of the herb can get blackened. Not overfilling or leaving some space between the stem and heater gets rid of that problem.

I've been alternating between low temp session modes and lvl 2-4 on demand sessions depending on how much flavor I want. For the on demand sessions I do a full hit with the countdown, and then I get another solid hit from the residual heat. That usually kills the bowl, or damn near close.

Top Bottom