Arizer Solo 3

666Honeybadger

Unknown member
By "tried and true" you mean the large company that has made many successful products to date, Arizer?:hmm::razz:
Thread careful, Jojo!
I feel this might be a trick question!
:D

Am I seeing USB A and USB C and RJ45 ports on the lower front of this vape pictured? Most curious.

Luckily it also has phone dials on it so when in need of technical support one can use it to call the helpdesk!

Petetbay

Sneaky Pete has a review up already with a lot of praise except for the unlocking feature, this will really piss off the people who hate 5 click startup devices. Really as he said it is something that you should be able to disable. On demand, XL glass, presets, bigger batteries (21700) what’s not to like, except I’m presently happily using my new Solo 2 Max, so it’s not a gotta get one for me as the deal would have be be very good and I’ll just wait for what I thought was coming next the Argo Max. I think I’d probably get a Solo 3 before I ever bought a Venty. This device might be competition to the Tinymight being more reliable and heavy duty, price needs to come down like all the new Arizers.
:2c:

Andjoe

I have fallen back in love with Arizer portables after i aquired a Arizer Air SE at a very reasonable price.

This has my attention. However i dont do built in batteries as a rule, so i am probably going to be looking at the Air 3.

I am not optimistic about how well the on demand mode will work. As this is a conduction leaning hybrid, conduction is generally not good for restarting a bowl half way. Its always overcooked, and tasting like poo. We shall see.
Vape Guy says it’s 20/80 Conduction/Convection FYI.

666Honeybadger

Unknown member
Great to see this is real! I was eying a TinyMight 2, but this seems to fit my needs better (device to in-frequently use on the go)

So your use is on the go, now and then?
Just curious but why would this Arizer be any better for that task than the TM2?

I was ready to purchase, but the Arizer website doesnt ship to Europe, shame

Well, i can name you a 'similar' device that is definitely up to the task described above and that does ship FROM Europe!
LoL
:lol:

All jokes aside: shops like Verdampftnochmall carry the Arizer line i believe and most of the time they are pretty fast in stocking new devices from manufacturers in their lineup so i'm sure they will have it shortly?
Could send them an email to ask for an ATA?

Mickk

I was ready to purchase, but the Arizer website doesnt ship to Europe, shame
I emailed their Support, and found out that https://arizer.com is their US website, while https://arizer.net is for international orders

So I just played an order for the Solo 3 (how could i not, with the 20% discount code :D)

So your use is on the go, now and then?
Just curious but why would this Arizer be any better for that task than the TM2?

Well, i can name you a 'similar' device that is definitely up to the task described above and that does ship FROM Europe!
LoL
:lol:

All jokes aside: shops like Verdampftnochmall carry the Arizer line i believe and most of the time they are pretty fast in stocking new devices from manufacturers in their lineup so i'm sure they will have it shortly?
Could send them an email to ask for an ATA?
1. The operation of the Solo 3 seems a lot more intuitive (since it has a screen that shows settings, rather than having to do everything via button and switch combinations)
2. With the 20% discount voucher, it's more affordable than the TM2
3. Has in-demand and session mode, in case I'd ever want to use that
4. Not a fan of all the metal in the pathway that the TM2 has

maremaresing

Pre-production version first impressions from Lee:
Blessed review I look forward to watching later.

I think that if you like the solo series and their drawbacks, this is more of the same. Price is astronomical for what it is, and honestly too fancy and technical for what it offers. I know this is arizer but they just never innovate from what was a rudimentary option in a barren market. 2011 didn't have a lot of solid portable vaporizers, and even less that weren't blatantly dangerous. Solo was solid and dependable and the most safe.

Easy to sell a solo in that market when there is nothing better, but the unprotected stem system and uncleanable airpath is still a huge flaw. Where is the Argo update? Why is their futuristic progression still just a can with a battery in it and the heater slapped on top? Have they fixed the wobbly stems held in with a friction gasket?

Edit:
Okay, reading The Vape Guy review, I have a bit more of a favorable opinion of this.

-I prefer the finish to prior models
-The flattened form factor actually looks really sleek and nice
-I hated the color screen on the Roffu. Felt and looked cheaper than the monochromatic screen. This appears to go for a simpler interface with proper styling.
-On demand mode (and maybe a more powerful heater) definitely fix my complaints about the OG Solo
-Size is huge, but for a big tank of a device sure fine okay
-Stem system, especially as a "portable log vape" type thing is versatile

I have so many vapes that all do different things and do that thing well. Without selling everything I own, there is no room for the solo 3. But if I was just getting into vaporizers and wanted a kinda do everything device that was reliable and powerful and would let me try vaping through glass or on camping trips or when traveling or whatever? This is a strong contender.

Being able to sanitize the device puts it ahead of a lot of this class of device, but you still can't clean the airpath which is kinda infuriating. Maybe you could force rubbing alcohol back through the heater. I'd like to see a teardown.

Last edited:

666Honeybadger

Unknown member
1. The operation of the Solo 3 seems a lot more intuitive (since it has a screen that shows settings, rather than having to do everything via button and switch combinations)

To each their own clearly since i feel that the TM2 is so much easier/intuitive to use as it only has the temperature dial to be set and than you just press the button as opposed to this type of device where you have the screen and a bunch of settings and options to manage before you get a hit! ;)
But again: we all differ so it's a good thing there's options for everybody!

Not going to start a discusion about the TM airpath/vaporpath but would like to see the one from this Solo3. There's no metal in there?
Is the logo on the back the airintake?

edit to add:

Hmmm, Arizer Solo 3 thread or TM fanboy thread (like most others here)...? J/K LOL ETC

I was just joking you know. Because they said they couldn't get one shipped i said the other option they considered would ship from EU...
But that shipping issue was solved while i was typing so yeah...
Anyway: didn't mean to come over as a fanboy. (Still, i might be, who knows... LoL)

Jojofernz

Oh and in case anyone else also wants to order a Solo 3, I used the code 'TVG20' on the official Arizer website to get a 20% discount. Code belongs to Vape Guy, and I found it here: https://vapeguy.com/reviews/arizer-solo-3-review/
Thanks for this was gonna ask what you meant! After seeing the lee video and sneaky Pete, pretty interested to see how this device will be! I may hold out for price to go lower. Also seems a bit big though, has that against it.

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
I was just joking you know. Because they said they couldn't get one shipped i said the other option they considered would ship from EU...
But that shipping issue was solved while i was typing so yeah...
Anyway: didn't mean to come over as a fanboy. (Still, i might be, who knows... LoL)
Ha! I absolutely do, as well I!💯 💪

Just a friendly reminder to ALL to keep this more than likely "juggernaut" of a thread somewhat on track...:tup::peace:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
2. With the 20% discount voucher, it's more affordable than the TM2
3. Has in-demand and session mode, in case I'd ever want to use that

The entire oven in the Arizer portables is metal.

Unless something has changed, they've always used a ceramic heater, which heats a stainless steel oven, which heats the glass stem.

dudeguy

Oh boy, another interesting new Vape to consider... someone knows from which country they send from their international page arizer.net?

dudeguy,

maremaresing

Not sure i believe those percentages.

With the solo, it's entirely up to how you use the stem. If you just insert it when you are actively drawing, it's convection, but if you leave it in there I can't imagine it being anything but conduction since the heat comes from the conduction cup. I'm sure cold start on demand or whatnot falls somewhere in between.

I'm also open to being wrong.

Have to clarify that the $345 price is Canadian.US is a much more reasonable $254. Sorry for any confusion.

That's not what the website says. Arizer lists USD. Where do you find it for 254?

Gandalf

My biggest question about the Solo 3 is how long the on-demand mode will continue to cook the herb via residual heat once it turns off. I'd love to be able to leave the stem in there and just press the button when I'm ready for another hit, but I'm not sure how wasteful this will be.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
My biggest question about the Solo 3 is how long the on-demand mode will continue to cook the herb via residual heat once it turns off. I'd love to be able to leave the stem in there and just press the button when I'm ready for another hit, but I'm not sure how wasteful this will be.

I wouldn't worry about that, because the whole point of on-demand, is that you have control over the heat... As long as you let go of the button, yet continue to inhale, fully clearing the vapor and heat, there should be no waste (at least in theory it's like using any solo, turning it off, and hitting it until it stops, only much faster, and with more power) :tup:

Top Bottom