Arizer Solo 3

Gnome34

This is next on my list. Lee's most recent video really impressed me. Looks like a power house, I'm so excited.

Moody

FYI - I just bought the Solo 2 Max and complained to the vendor that I bought it from. They would not do an exchange if it was opened and used etc. I also contacted Arizer and they made an offer, a discounted offer on the price. It beats the current coupon codes out there, but I'm not sure I really want to buy it. I like the products, but man, it doesn't seem right how they launched two similar products so close together. My conscience says to say no and walk away....My VAS says... FUCK IT! WHAT A DEAL FOR ME! lmao

maremaresing

Right they did change the battery in the Air and it is larger but it is not a 21700? I'm curious if a single 21700 would be enough to give an Air3 these same features, I mean with other high-powered on-demand convection portables we know a single 18650 is enough, but Arizer has relied on a weaker cell in the past for some reason...
A single 21700 could. Things like the P42A are perfectly capable of downright punishing and unfair applications that the P28A barely handles. You'd have lowered runtime, but it surely could power the Solo3 heater.

When the Air Max released I was baffled and frustrated that they picked the outdated 26650 format. That cell has a bit more runtime but I never felt like getting devices that used it's format. It just isn't designed for the high draw applications the 21700 is used in, and you can get most of the capacity in a much smaller 21700.

I was thinking this too....here comes Air 3. Or maybe an updated Argo

21700 Argo with a metal body and powerful heater with the stuff the Solo3 has going on would probably be a day one purchase for me.

FYI - I just bought the Solo 2 Max and complained to the vendor that I bought it from. They would not do an exchange if it was opened and used etc. I also contacted Arizer and they made an offer, a discounted offer on the price. It beats the current coupon codes out there, but I'm not sure I really want to buy it. I like the products, but man, it doesn't seem right how they launched two similar products so close together.

FWIW, the solo2 max is way way way way smaller than the Solo3. I wouldn't feel so terrible from that standpoint, depending on your application. Keep the Solo3 for heavier home use?

Maryjanie

21700 Argo with a metal body and powerful heater with the stuff the Solo3 has going on would probably be a day one purchase for me.
I think I'd hop all over that too although I prefer the Air form factor. Something about having the oven so far down in there and I can't see it gets on my nerves. However, I am skipping this massive solo 3. It's just too big even for home use for me. I'll wait on their next Air iteration. Meanwhile, I'm thinking of snagging the SE on 420 sale if I can find a good enough deal just to bide my time. My Argo is still in excellent condition but I have missed my og air since I sold it a few years ago.

Riik

Built in? The aroma tubes? It looks like it just takes it the same way the current Solo II takes it. It's not built in.

I like them because they're easy to clean! i don't have to mess around wiht the actual device i can just drop the tube into a cup of 99% iso and the next day i clean it out (or after a little while) and boom, good as new.

What's the problem with the aroma tubes? lol it never occured to me that they'd be an issue. They're the oven you can just soak to clean.
I like the easy cleaning of the tubes but I can not get as high when using the tubes as if I vaped the same amount of flower onm a different vape.

Moody

A single 21700 could. Things like the P42A are perfectly capable of downright punishing and unfair applications that the P28A barely handles. You'd have lowered runtime, but it surely could power the Solo3 heater.

When the Air Max released I was baffled and frustrated that they picked the outdated 26650 format. That cell has a bit more runtime but I never felt like getting devices that used it's format. It just isn't designed for the high draw applications the 21700 is used in, and you can get most of the capacity in a much smaller 21700.

FWIW, the solo2 max is way way way way smaller than the Solo3. I wouldn't feel so terrible from that standpoint, depending on your application. Keep the Solo3 for heavier home use?
The thing is, the Solo 2 Max works great. I get just as much vapor from it that I get from my Mighty+. I havent even used my mighty in a couple weeks now between the 2Max and the dynavaps I recently bought. I would prefer to have the 3, but I don't think I'll be buying it. They screwed up. I would have bought the latest version at a higher price than the 2Max if I knew it was coming.

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
When the Air Max released I was baffled and frustrated that they picked the outdated 26650 format.

I think it was purely down to size. A 26650 is wide and short, leaving the top section of the max for the eletronics.

Having a few mods that use the 21700 i am a big fan. Only a little bigger than a 18650, but loads more battery life.

21700 on demand Air 3 for the win!

Moody

Another update, Arizer sent a follow up email after I turned down their first discounted price for the 3. They reduced the price again and explained there was no malicious or underhanded attempt to sell both etcetc. I posted their email in the Solo 2 Max thread if anyone is curious enough. I accepted the offer. Waiting on a link to order. Their pricing this time made it difficult for me to say no. Yeah, I will have two similar devices, but as much as I love the 2 Max, the additional features of the 3 make it hard to say no at this price. So if you are in a similar situation as me, try contacting Arizer. Depending on your sales rep, they may be able to get you a decent price cut.

Last edited:

N0b0dy

I actually have a Solo 3 for testing. I also have numerous other vaporizers (Crafty, Mighty, Mighty+, Venty, Firefly 2, Arizer Air Max, DaVinci IQ2, multiple Dynavaps, Tempest). I always liked the dependability and predicatbility of the S&B vaporizers. However every other one has it it’s strengths and I switch between them based on how I feel. With all that being said, I was very impresesed with the Solo 3.

The quality of the device is outstanding and it does feel premium. Size wise, even if it cannot compete with the Arizer Air Max, it still remains extremely portable. I personally find it much better to handle than for example the Venty.

So far I have only used it a couple of times in on demand mode and it literally rocked my world so to speak. I used the XL tube and around .25g herb very lightly packed. While airflow wise it will not get close to a Mighty+ let’s say, the airflow is definitely better than the Air Max. But where this thing shines and literally blew my mind is taste and flavour / fullness. I would say that at this point it is the best device from that perspective from the ones I own.

With the Venty for example, same herb qty. and same temp around 180C, with a full lung inhale I do get the ‘Bickle tickle’ and end up coughing mostly from the vapour concentration and temp. With the Solo 3 I will cough significantly because of how much more terpier the hits are. If you are a flavour chaser, you will love this one. It is almost in a class of it’s own. And the flavour is there with almost no deterioration for a few hits, more than let’s say with the Venty.

Herb wise, I was surprised how evenly cooked it is at the end with a beautiful golden brown colour.

This will definitely be my main device for the next few weeks until I get a better feel and see how it performs in warmer temperatures as the weather gets better.

I will try to post from time to time as I use it and get used to it. One thing is clear, Arizer did and excellent job with this one, IMHO they have a winner.

P.S. they should have called this one Terpy Max instead of Solo 3 😝

I like the easy cleaning of the tubes but I can not get as high when using the tubes as if I vaped the same amount of flower onm a different vape.
As per my previous post I can tell you this is a bit different with a Solo 3. The new heater/oven size and XL tube takes care of that. For me it hits as good as a Venty for example but with much more terpier hits.

ApparentlyStoned

When life gives you lemons, lemon tek
As per my previous post I can tell you this is a bit different with a Solo 3. The new heater/oven size and XL tube takes care of that. For me it hits as good as a Venty for example but with much more terpier hits.
How is the heat up time and battery? Have you tested those?
Does session mode take longer to heat?
Is there enough power to clear the xl bowl though a bong in a hit or two?
I’m sure I have more questions. I preordered but I’m super curious.

N0b0dy

How is the heat up time and battery? Have you tested those?
Does session mode take longer to heat?
Is there enough power to clear the xl bowl though a bong in a hit or two?
I’m sure I have more questions. I preordered but I’m super curious.
Heat up time is fast, Venty class or better. I don’t use a waterpipe but I am convinced that you could clear the bowl with a water pipe if you use .30g or so in two hits and use one of the higher settings in on demand mode. I cleared my bowl in around 5 hits on the lowest setting.

I initially started on setting 2 but the hit was so terpy I ended coughing and had to roll back to 1st setting. There are 5 settings…

YMMV but it is impressive, at least for me.

Batterry wise can’t say for now as I just got it. But, for my usage so far, battery life seems very good.

Charging is quick enough, have not timed it, but if you use the charger it came with (3A) it seems fast.

Will see how it behaves once I use it more.

My findings seem to be aligned with the other reviews like Sneaky Pete, but I am just a normal user. All I am saying here is that whatever they are saying it is positive, it truly is.

I will open up a new bag of Pink Kush tonight and see how that one hits, but the Gunpowder Milkshake I used yesterday was extremely tasty.

Also, session mode heats up as fast as on demand to get to set temperature. The difference is after, with on demand as there is a 2-3 second delay to get back to set temperature once you hit the button again.

And forgot to mention, for my on demand usage I used 15 sec for the first pull but also adjusted that down to 10 sec.

ApparentlyStoned

When life gives you lemons, lemon tek
Thank you for the reply! I’m even more excited.

Also you will get a warning for back to back posts. If you click the little dots you can edit and add those two post together. A mod will do it and explain the rules though. Just a heads up. 😁

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Thank you for the reply! I’m even more excited.

Also you will get a warning for back to back posts. If you click the little dots you can edit and add those two post together. A mod will do it and explain the rules though. Just a heads up. 😁

Just to clarify it's not a warning per se, like you don't get any points for something like that ever (unless you were like excessively deliberatively spamming back to back lol)

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Just pulled the trigger on a Solo III from vapenorth.ca with 20% code and also picked up a 3D dimpled cooling stem. Too bad there's no fancy XL cooling stems out there yet.

I'm very excited. My first ever vape was an OG Solo and it still functions today after I manually replaced the original battery on it a while back. That clean Arizer taste, the simple design and ease of use was a big reason why I was won over by dry herb vaping in the first place.

Being Canadian makes it a little sweeter as well that they're a Canadian company. Their products were a great entry point for me but they were sort of technologically left behind for a while. With this new Solo III, I think they may have caught up with a vengeance.

I'm hoping this will be my go-to portable in all situations excepting where stealth is absolutely required, since the size likely doesn't allow, but that's ok. I've got smaller, stealthier vapes for that.

Last edited:

sprez

I actually have a Solo 3 for testing. I also have numerous other vaporizers (Crafty, Mighty, Mighty+, Venty, Firefly 2, Arizer Air Max, DaVinci IQ2, multiple Dynavaps, Tempest). I always liked the dependability and predicatbility of the S&B vaporizers. However every other one has it it’s strengths and I switch between them based on how I feel. With all that being said, I was very impresesed with the Solo 3.

The quality of the device is outstanding and it does feel premium. Size wise, even if it cannot compete with the Arizer Air Max, it still remains extremely portable. I personally find it much better to handle than for example the Venty.

So far I have only used it a couple of times in on demand mode and it literally rocked my world so to speak. I used the XL tube and around .25g herb very lightly packed. While airflow wise it will not get close to a Mighty+ let’s say, the airflow is definitely better than the Air Max. But where this thing shines and literally blew my mind is taste and flavour / fullness. I would say that at this point it is the best device from that perspective from the ones I own.

With the Venty for example, same herb qty. and same temp around 180C, with a full lung inhale I do get the ‘Bickle tickle’ and end up coughing mostly from the vapour concentration and temp. With the Solo 3 I will cough significantly because of how much more terpier the hits are. If you are a flavour chaser, you will love this one. It is almost in a class of it’s own. And the flavour is there with almost no deterioration for a few hits, more than let’s say with the Venty.

Herb wise, I was surprised how evenly cooked it is at the end with a beautiful golden brown colour.

This will definitely be my main device for the next few weeks until I get a better feel and see how it performs in warmer temperatures as the weather gets better.

I will try to post from time to time as I use it and get used to it. One thing is clear, Arizer did and excellent job with this one, IMHO they have a winner.

P.S. they should have called this one Terpy Max instead of Solo 3 😝

Can you give a comparison on the draw resistance of the Solo 3 vs Venty? Which level on the Venty airflow dial would it most closely resemble? Thanks

Moody

Latest update on contacting rep about just releasing 2Max and now 3 - I didn't receive the email with link to pay (last email was received Fri morning) so today I forwarded my 2Max receipt from the vendor I bought it from as proof. Within an hour I received the link to buy from the rep and ordered. So if you plan to try to complain like I did, you may need proof you bought the 2 Max recently.

Rodney

Just pulled the trigger on a Solo III from vapenorth.ca with 20% code and also picked up a 3D dimpled cooling stem. Too bad there's no fancy XL cooling stems out there yet.

I'm very excited. My first ever vape was an OG Solo and it still functions today after I manually replaced the original battery on it a while back. That clean Arizer taste, the simple design and ease of use was a big reason why I was won over by dry herb vaping in the first place.

Being Canadian makes it a little sweeter as well that they're a Canadian company. Their products were a great entry point for me but they were sort of technologically left behind for a while. With this new Solo III, I think they may have caught up with a vengeance.

I'm hoping this will be my go-to portable in all situations excepting where stealth is absolutely required, since the size likely doesn't allow, but that's ok. I've got smaller, stealthier vapes for that.

cant wait to hear how it is :)

Moody

Can you give a comparison on the draw resistance of the Solo 3 vs Venty? Which level on the Venty airflow dial would it most closely resemble? Thanks
I have a Solo 2 Max Ive been using quite a bit past few weeks. I'm not sure you can give a definitive/quantifiable comparison between any Solo and a Venty. All solos airflow performance is almost entirely reliant upon how you pack the stem. Well, the solo 3 stem has an extra hole...which in theory should add better airflow. But everyone knows the main selling point of the Venty is the airflow. Seems like a loaded question almost. If your primary concern is airflow, id go get a venty. Solos require that you not pack the stem too tight.. Just test it out after you pack the stem before you insert the stem into the unit. Simple.

Top Bottom