• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

DrJynx86

My ArGo is having so much love lately, I got 15x 18650 batteries in total and 3x stems, probably vaping 2g+ per day.

I got a Nitecore charger and I'm charging 4 batteries constantly, on rotation, this is getting more love than the OG Solo because I hate the airflow of that unit, the ArGo might have a smaller bowl but airflow is always great for this kind of Arizer devices.

Maryjanie

It's second/third-hand and I did a few burn-offs. The smell/taste is just there. I might do a few more, but doubt that it will change. Maybe important to add: I even taste heated glass (the Vaponic for instance) and titanium (Vapcap tip), so I'm not surprised that I taste and smell something different with the ArGo.
I think it's something whoever owned it previously might have put in there or whatever bc my Argo has never had this issue from day 1. I did a couple of burnoffs and it was good to go

Maryjanie,
Reactions: Dutch-Mic

Franco

is (most likely) vaping
I think it's something whoever owned it previously might have put in there or whatever bc my Argo has never had this issue from day 1. I did a couple of burnoffs and it was good to go
Maybe, or maybe you are less sensitive than others to this kind of smell.
I also have an ArGo and don't like the way it smells. But I'm sure there's a lot of people like you that actually enjoy their ArGo. Just not everyone I guess.

Maryjanie

Maybe, or maybe you are less sensitive than others to this kind of smell.
I also have an ArGo and don't like the way it smells. But I'm sure there's a lot of people like you that actually enjoy their ArGo. Just not everyone I guess.
Maybe. Who knows. But I've definitely smelled it in other vapes I've bought. Just not this one

Maryjanie,
Reactions: Dutch-Mic

Franco

is (most likely) vaping
Maybe. Who knows. But I've definitely smelled it in other vapes I've bought. Just not this one
To be fair, I don't like plastic vaporizers, even high end ones.
Even if the ArGo has a glass vapor path, I smell plastic when it gets warm. Again, I'm sure it's me because a lot of people love their plastic devices.
Personally, I have less problems with butane devices like Sticky Brick than I do with plastic mass produced vaporizers.

simba

@weedanwine
My Argo has ended up becoming the vape my partner uses, it's easy for her to load and use. I've become an on-demand kinda vaper and don't use any session vapes. But the price of the Argo right now makes it an even better option than when I picked it up if you're looking for a compact session vape.

DrJynx86

My ArGo crapped the bed overnight, trying to turn it on this morning and got the Error5 off message, seems like heater won't start, tried a couple of different batteries and all the same, so sad.

I was using it so much that I was starting to wonder what it's the life of the unit, will need to go back to the SOLO and I touch wood it doesn't broke too.

Edit: heaters are lifetime warranty, but I live in a crappy third world country so, I don't know.. I contacted the seller, unit was purchased in September 2019.

Probably not even the heater, if the unit is not heating, the issue would be somewhere else, and that is not covered by the lifetime warranty.

There is a very quiet sound the unit did when working, probably the PWM, sounded like clicks when heat was on. Now it's not doing it.

I will wait for the seller response, but on a negative, I will try to either fix it, or hook it up to an arduino and DIY my way up to a working unit. I will be sharing any progress, maybe on a separate thread to not bother too much here.

Edit #2: I disassembled the unit, cleaned it with alcohol, and now it's working!

Last edited:

ondemander

About to list some stuff for sale and thought about listing the Argo. I only bought it for $80 like a year ago and now it's being kind of replaced by my Airvape Legacy Pro + Tafee Bowl. I've decided to keep it in the rotation though as a CBD only vape. It's a nice little backup vape too.

ondemander,
Reactions: Petetbay
Hi everyone I'm 4 years back😅. I just bought an Argo.

and I am now trying to bring it to my senses..

does anyone know if we can find,glass backspacer in Europe?.

pieces weed fall to the bottom and spoil the taste.

Last edited:

pop22

Hi everyone I'm 4 years back😅. I just bought an Argo.

and I am now trying to bring it to my senses..

does anyone know if we can find,glass backspacer in Europe?.

pieces weed fall to the bottom and spoil the taste.
Maybe your grinding the weed too fine. I've never used a spacer or a screen. I don't know of a European source but 420EDC.com ships worldwide I believe and they have them.

https://www.420edc.com/arizer/backspacer/

DrJynx86

I never had any issue with herb falling down, what you can do is let it heat/preheat in an horizontal position, or locked in a vertical (upside down) position, once the herb is warm enough will stick.

I need to open mine and attempt to clean it again because it finally crapped the bed after working one or two days after the first error 5 happened.

Last edited:
Yes i use grinder ,ok I try from 420EDC.

Argo goes well with a long stem....(Yes I know many new vaporizers but I want stability)
I would like to speak for the time, some say that 10 minutes is too much, for me even 15 is not enough..... Coffee-tea and long session...

Last edited:

ChronPain86

Anyone know if they are going to do an updated version of the Argo? It has been around for 5 years or so and I am looking into one for myself. Find it odd after all that time the company hasn't made a cap or cover for the glass tube so when not in use it will be protected from lint dirt etc from falling in.

ChronPain86,

Petetbay

Anyone know if they are going to do an updated version of the Argo?
Not known yet.
Find it odd after all that time the company hasn't made a cap or cover for the glass tube so when not in use it will be protected from lint dirt etc from falling in.
They do make the stem caps for storing loaded stems which can also be used to cover the open end of the stem when inserted in the device and come in 4 packs.

ChronPain86

Without having to scroll thru 66 pages, is there a temperature list with the Argo that people use as an indication of how the vaporizer performs at certain settings and what the affects are from it?

Also, would be nice to know who uses CBD based flower and how they use it with the Argo and how often they have a session to help with pain or to relax etc.

Looking forward to some replies, I wanted a Tinymight 2 but the price was just too much for my situation so I ended up ordering an Argo today that was on sale. Can't wait to use it and hopefully have some insight from members on here on temperatures to use etc...

ChronPain86,
As far as I know the “different temperatures for different effects” idea has been debunked (there is a thread about it here on FC). I’ve certainly never noticed different effects based on temperature. I typically use mine at 198C as I find it gets good extraction and the flavour is nice at that temperature. You could likely get more thorough extraction at higher temperatures but flower is cheap enough here that I’d rather just have the cooler and better tasting vapour and waste some percentage of cannabinoids than vape at higher settings
Without having to scroll thru 66 pages, is there a temperature list with the Argo that people use as an indication of how the vaporizer performs at certain settings and what the affects are from it?

ChronPain86

As far as I know the “different temperatures for different effects” idea has been debunked (there is a thread about it here on FC). I’ve certainly never noticed different effects based on temperature. I typically use mine at 198C as I find it gets good extraction and the flavour is nice at that temperature. You could likely get more thorough extraction at higher temperatures but flower is cheap enough here that I’d rather just have the cooler and better tasting vapour and waste some percentage of cannabinoids than vape at higher settings
Thanks for the reply

ChronPain86,

thx1138

Also, would be nice to know who uses CBD based flower and how they use it with the Argo and how often they have a session to help with pain or to relax etc.

Looking forward to some replies, I wanted a Tinymight 2 but the price was just too much for my situation so I ended up ordering an Argo today that was on sale. Can't wait to use it and hopefully have some insight from members on here on temperatures to use etc...
I have been using my Argo in rotation with my Air Max (both Arizer). I have been vaping CBD flower primarily for the past four months as I have had some anxiety issues and THC flower has exacerbated them. I use the Argo and Air Max nearly identically - with a domed screen turned upside down in the glass bowl to make the dose about half of what it would be with no screen in the bowl. I use the Argo on temps between 385 and 400 fahrenheit. I use the Air Max on temps ranging from 385 to 405 fahrenheit. I typically do two bowls like this in either vape of flower alone or flower with CBD kief mixed in. I do this once in the morning, and have found the effects to be noticeable for at least three hours or more. I will revisit this again after lunch or early afternoon. I am good to go til after supper sometime when I do this gain. About three sessions of two bowls each and I am fine, no anxiety and the effects aren't overwhelming like THC weed. I am happiest with the Airmax, as I use a bent stemmed glass bowl and it cuts the heat a little. The short stems in the Argo don't cut the heat at all, but I enjoy it just the same as the Air Max by using a slightly lower temp. I get all of the same goodness out of the Argo, and its way more discreet than the Air Max so it has its advantages. I don't vape when out and about with these - so thats not a consideration for me.
So, two half bowls with inverted domed screen in the bowl, three times a day. CBD flower effects last a long time IME so this is all I need and I am satisfied. I looked at the TM2 as well but can't bring myself to pay that much for a vape.

Last edited:
Top Bottom