Jgott56

I use a safety pin with a small hook in the end (heat it to glowing with your torch first, it bends easily). Hook through the mesh lower down and pull straight up. Best when hot. Prying on the top from the side will distort the mesh quickly.

OF

Walk me through this. You have your hooked safety pin and your dosage cap is firmly in the stem. Where do you insert the top of the needle? In the center? On the edge where it starts to curl up the stem(might be stronger there?)

I’ll definitely employ this method once I understand how you’ve perfected it.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
ahhh i see...ok, then let me indulge you.

I started back in 1981......and since then...probably rolled a thousand..haaaa

But after the first couple years of those gold zigzags....(hated the orange ones...like paper bags)..I got used to only 1 paper...."french squares"....or we just called them "pack of squares". Other wise know as Club SD. Modiano rice papers from France......no glue.....wet and tear the end...and it sticks!

I have been fire free since July of 2017......only hot ass air on my flowers now!

Argo is my little sipper box.... :tup:
I just bought the cheap white pack one’s!
1970 before my first SURF MOVIE (PACIFIC VIBRATIONS) smoked before the film. (Pot is what we called CANNABIS at the time?)

Joint’s is all we had?
No BonG’s or vaporizer’s?
A ARGO would’ve been useful if I had a towel?
2012 I tried vaping and loved the flavor!

OF

Walk me through this. You have your hooked safety pin and your dosage cap is firmly in the stem. Where do you insert the top of the needle? In the center? On the edge where it starts to curl up the stem(might be stronger there?)

I’ll definitely employ this method once I understand how you’ve perfected it.

I've never bothered to aim for the seam at the bottom but I think you're right, it should be strongest there. I generally go maybe 1/3 or 1/2 way down to poke into the mesh. There there will be little if any distortion since the weave makes it resistant. If such things are gooey and hang on hard, I'll work around the ID. breaking the mesh free locally. It basically comes out intact.

Then I flame them. Hold in some old disused roach clip or something metal and torch the SS until it glows. Small torches can't hurt them, really. They cool very fast since the wire is so thin, you can brush or blow the ash away easily and be going again in a minute or so.

Same deal with domed and other screens in Solo/Air and similar.

Safety pins make excellent tools for this, handy to fold up and make safe and protected when done. The head is handy for installing it back if sized right.

OF

Jgott56

I've never bothered to aim for the seam at the bottom but I think you're right, it should be strongest there. I generally go maybe 1/3 or 1/2 way down to poke into the mesh. There there will be little if any distortion since the weave makes it resistant. If such things are gooey and hang on hard, I'll work around the ID. breaking the mesh free locally. It basically comes out intact.

Then I flame them. Hold in some old disused roach clip or something metal and torch the SS until it glows. Small torches can't hurt them, really. They cool very fast since the wire is so thin, you can brush or blow the ash away easily and be going again in a minute or so.

Same deal with domed and other screens in Solo/Air and similar.

Safety pins make excellent tools for this, handy to fold up and make safe and protected when done. The head is handy for installing it back if sized right.

OF
When you get a chance can you share a pic of your safety pin hook?

Inquiring minds...

OF

When you get a chance can you share a pic of your safety pin hook?

Inquiring minds...

I'll consider it, but don't hold your breath. The practice of relying on outside hosts has screwed me twice now. I used to put a lot of effort into photos and long descriptions (as you find in my technical posts from past years. Then the host went out of business (Image Shack?) and all that effort went up the spout. No recovery possible, hundreds of hours lost. So I went to another suggestion (Imgur) who changed their policy so my last couple years of photos don't show. As I understand it, under the scheme FC uses every time anyone loads a page of 25 posts, for any reason, every photo is sent for. Nothing saved. The same guy can 'demand' the same image several times and never even look at it potentially. So Imgur simply refuses those sorts of requests to this Forum. You can post links to the photos of course, but not retroactively.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me? For now I'm out of the photo business. Sorry.

Frankly, it's not that hard to visualize a pin with the last 1/8 inch or so bent at right angles? Longer works, but IMO not as well. The real key is heating the steel to soften it, something photos aren't much good at.

I may relent someday, but please don't hold your breath. And even if I do I don't think it will ever be linked back to this discussion.

If you really can't figure it out, PM me. I'll take you a 'reasonable quality' close up shot and figure out how to get it to you.

OF

Jgott56

Anyone ever try using Vapexhale accessories with the ArGo?

The hydrotube or some of the mouthpieces look like they could work nicely in theory.

Jgott56

What are you going to connect that huge ass joint too the argo with? A argo wpa?

Ya. 18mm wpa from Arizer.

Cheap from dhgate. Figured why not.

In hindsight it may not be the best unit for that kind of mouthpiece. ArGo seems like more of a sipper.

Jgott56,
Reactions: arb

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Dear Ha Ha

Looks like a BIG ‘un. Will it do the trick?

15h0jtj.jpg

jvapour

So my ArGo arrived on Thursday. I’ve used it 3 times so far and I’m really liking it! Coming from a Firefly 2, this thing hits really well, and feels way easier to use. No stirring needed as long as you don’t pack too tight. That alone makes this a game changer for me.

I did have a couple stems spill all over the counter when I was trying to top up the stem while loading. I just need to learn to grind the right amount, and fight the urge to try a move like that. Packing this thing is forgiving. It doesn’t have to be perfect. It will work. But pack it right and it rips through a load in 3 hits. Damn! One thing I think Arizer overlooked was haptic feedback when reaching the set temperature. And I really wish they included, or there was an accessory available, that could plug the mouth end of the stems with the lid up. Something like a pipe cap that had a flat flared end. Something like this: https://kwmedia.scdn8.secure.raxcdn...d27136e95/s/9/s940-2-satinflatendcap-b5_1.jpg

Flavour is very good. The first draw is almost as nice as the Firefly 2, then it trails off quickly (but again, the ArGo hits a lot harder than the FF2 so it makes sense). The size is great, it really is smaller than you expect it to be. Very pocketable and portable, but the battery life is still amazing despite the small size. 3 bowls through and it is still showing I think 2/3. The screen is basic but it’s a huge improvement for me (my FF2 only has a single LED, and first gen Arizers only had LEDs). Having single degree temperature control is awesome. Cleaning is super simple, just scrape out or iso the stems (the inside of the unit doesn’t really come into contact with your herb).

Overall I am very pleased with my purchase! This will definitely suit me well for my daily driver. I highly recommend!

Last edited:

-dab8-

Dyna-saur
So my ArGo arrived on Thursday. I’ve used it 3 times so far and I’m really liking it! Coming from a Firefly 2, this thing hits really well, and feels way easier to use. No stirring needed as long as you don’t pack too tight. That alone makes this a game changer for me.

I did have a couple stems spill all over the counter when I was trying to top up the stem while loading. I just need to learn to grind the right amount, and fight the urge to try a move like that. Packing this thing is forgiving. It doesn’t have to be perfect. It will work. But pack it right and it rips through a load in 3 hits. Damn!

Flavour is very good. The first draw is almost as nice as the Firefly 2, then it trails off quickly (but again, the ArGo hits a lot harder than the FF2 so it makes sense). The size is great, it really is smaller than you expect it to be. Very pocketable and portable, but the battery life is still amazing despite the small size. 3 bowls through and it is still showing I think 2/3. The screen is basic but it’s a huge improvement for me (my FF2 only has a single LED, and first gen Arizers only had LEDs). Having single degree temperature control is awesome. Cleaning is super simple, just scrape out or iso the stems (the inside of the unit doesn’t really come into contact with your herb). One thing I wish it had was haptic feedback when reaching the set temperature.

Overall I am very pleased with my purchase! This will definitely suit me well for my daily driver. I highly recommend!
Glad you are enjoying your new addition as well.

Out of curiosity, what temperature are you using that you can finish a stem in 3 hits???

jvapour

Glad you are enjoying your new addition as well.

Out of curiosity, what temperature are you using that you can finish a stem in 3 hits???

I did a hit at 375, then two more at 395. I should rephrase, it’s not DONE done after 3 hits but the vapor really dies off after that.

Brewervapesalot

I liked the Argo a lot. For a (mostly) conduction style portable session vape it's solid choice, especially at the price point. Cleaning is A+. Discreteness is a little below a pax 2 or 3, given its size and look and the glass tube that is a bit difficult to unload discretely in public anyway. Luckily reloading is super quick and easy, so if you have a few prepackaged stems with plastic caps, maybe an extra battery, its really nice for the day.

Downside if you want to call it that is that it's a session vape and to get medicated can take much longer than a pure convection portable.

-dab8-

Dyna-saur
I liked the Argo a lot. For a (mostly) conduction style portable session vape it's solid choice, especially at the price point. Cleaning is A+. Discreteness is a little below a pax 2 or 3, given its size and look and the glass tube that is a bit difficult to unload discretely in public anyway. Luckily reloading is super quick and easy, so if you have a few prepackaged stems with plastic caps, maybe an extra battery, its really nice for the day.

Downside if you want to call it that is that it's a session vape and to get medicated can take much longer than a pure convection portable.
Agree with most of this, but the Argo seems to be mostly convection. Also conduction seems to be very fast at extracting, although convection can be quick at higher temps.

As for unloading, I’ve been using and loving the fury 2 dosing caps, but if just using the stems, it’s as easy as taking the stem out and blowing through the stem to expel the abv.

Top Bottom