Arizer Air MAX

I don't think there is much reason to be concerned, with this design the plastic is supposed to be safe and not alter the experience of the vapor itself... There are other options that might possibly be more pure to you, others that I tend to prefer, but they are very different in function too, so I think you might as well give this a shot and see how you like it?... I wouldn't be too worried about the plastic implementation here since you still get to use the glass stem chamber pathways and the air path itself is supposed to be safe and isolated now?
Thank you for the response. I think I understand what you are saying about that plastic part not being a real problem. I find it looks disgusting anyway.

But From what I have read it is not certain that the air path is well isolated, as it is said that air intakes through the usb plug. It is one of my main interests and why I have also focused on the Air Max as I believed already established that it has a better insolation than the Solo II.

My curiosity can't help but ask you what is the difference in function you mention and what are those other more indie/pure models you refer to.

Last edited:
pequeñotío,
Reactions: Pukka
@pequeñotío I have an air 1.

I think you are correct the plastic is to protect the user from the heat and maybe also for cooling of the heater.

I have never smelled any type of plastic smell when in use so I don't think it gets any where near hot enough to have any issues from smell or off gassing and certainly no melting of plastic.

The Arizer is one of the 'laziest' vapes i own, especially if you pre load a couple of stems. Switch it on, insert stem and sip on it for the next 10-15 minutes. This ease of use has resulted in me using it more and more often recently. Especially great for handing to people who are inexperienced with vapes and great for chilling watching a film and sipping away.
Thank you very much. Those words you say about the Air Max and laziness sound very good to me. In that respect it's just what I'm looking for. I appreciate you sharing your experience with the Air 1, which has that same plastic part. It helps.

I would like to ask you all for some small add-on to increase the fun, in the need of a newbie like me... And as for me, a bubbler is too much expense in the same purchase (and I do not know if it suits me) I have thought of a stem like a curved one, one of those “High efficiency” that have some dents in the fit with the oven. Or maybe one straight and long, I do not know… always of this type, “easy flow”, that increases the air flow.

I read in this thread that the Airmax has a restricted flow, meanwhile others say that it is unrestricted, and in this case a stem that open is unusable even I guess.

I have also seen that it is recommended to use as mouthpiece the wpa along with a “hook”…Does the elbow sold separately by Arizer for the XQ2 work for this?

Last edited:
pequeñotío,

Vapenvy

Indie vaper
I read in this thread that the Airmax has a restricted flow, meanwhile others say that it is unrestricted, and in this case a stem that open is unusable even I guess.

I can't speak for the air max but the air is definitely NOT unrestricted.

My understanding is all the Arizer portables are more restricted and you tend to take short pulls of thicker vapour like most conduction vapes rather than long 10-20 second draws like convection. I doubt you could even pull on an air for 10 seconds. Although I have only tried air and solo 2.

some were selling stems with slits cut in the bottom to increase flow (which I see you mentioned) and others were leaving the stem slightly raised from the oven to provide more flow but I doubt either would make an Arizer portable 'easy flow'.

I also find it interesting how diverse we all are. I love the look of the air as it looks like a microphone. You think it looks ugly. Go figure. I guess the microphone look fits my lifestyle and also increases the stealth aspect if I am out and about with a guitar or other music equipment.

Edit- I prefer the plastic tipped stems, which also work as a WPA-although that's yet more plastic and in the vapour path too:uhoh: but having said that I never use a water tool with my Air, even at home where I would use one with other vapes

Last edited:

My understanding is all the Arizer portables are more restricted and you tend to take short pulls of thicker vapour like most conduction vapes rather than long 10-20 second draws like convection. I doubt you could even pull on an air for 10 seconds. Although I have only tried air and solo 2.

some were selling stems with slits cut in the bottom to increase flow (which I see you mentioned) and others were leaving the stem slightly raised from the oven to provide more flow but I doubt either would make an Arizer portable 'easy flow'.

I also find it interesting how diverse we all are. I love the look of the air as it looks like a microphone. You think it looks ugly. Go figure. I guess the microphone look fits my lifestyle and also increases the stealth aspect if I am out and about with a guitar or other music equipment.

Edit- I prefer the plastic tipped stems, which also work as a WPA-although that's yet more plastic and in the vapour path too:uhoh: but having said that I never use a water tool with my Air, even at home where I would use one with other vapes
Thank you. I understand that you like the microphone shape of the AirMax, I hadn't thought of it, I'm glad you find it practical... It looks like a lightsaber too, or a flashlight. I'm wanting it for home use mainly so stealth is not a concern to me.
For example, I find my Vapcap M very pleasing to the eye, with a long condenser and wooden mouthpiece that I attached to it from the first day. It looks to me like an elegant smoking pipe. All Dynavap's are very nice. Dani's too.

Among others that I now remember the Tinymight2 I think is beautiful, with that wood and aluminum combined, and the glass...That style like from the forests of Finland...;)... These are the materials that I like. All the stickybricks are pretty too.

The visual aspect of the whole Arizer range is not that I find it exactly ugly, it's that I find it mysterious, and I'm not being ironic. It looks to me like it's from the 1980s, old-fashioned and typical of the odd style of that era, but i don't know...; maybe I'm missing the point....Anyway I suspect that there is no visual design at all behind the Arizer range really (or hardly, idk), maybe it is purely functional or perhaps an industrial aesthetic.

Anyway they do their job very well (I have seen scientific studies where the Solo II was considered the most efficient, the best ahead of the Vapcap. I don't have the link at the moment).

I understand that the Air Max has a more open airflow than the other Air's and the Solo II. So I don't know whether to buy the "easy flow" stem. I suppose a normal curved Arizer stem would be a good complement to the one included in the set.

Last edited:
pequeñotío,
Reactions: Vapenvy

Vapenvy

Indie vaper
Anyway I suspect that there is no visual design at all behind the Arizer range really (or hardly, idk), maybe it is purely functional or perhaps an industrial aesthetic.
This sums it up.
I understand that the Air Max has a more open airflow than the other Air's and the Solo II. So I don't know whether to buy the "easy flow" stem. I suppose a normal curved Arizer stem would be a good complement to the one included in the set.
I can't talk with confidence if the max is a more free flowing design, hopefully someone who owns one can chime in but generally I would think more air flow would be more diluted, so less thick vapour. But also variety is good as small changes can make a difference in the type of vapour or change the signature giving different effects. If the Max only comes with one stem, I would actually recommend getting both and trying the difference as remember they are glass so I highly recommend having at least one spare and better 2 or 3. You can also load up a few stems ready to go for ultra chilled no reloading sessions, provide people there own stems, spares for cleaning etc.

This sums it up.

I can't talk with confidence if the max is a more free flowing design, hopefully someone who owns one can chime in but generally I would think more air flow would be more diluted, so less thick vapour. But also variety is good as small changes can make a difference in the type of vapour or change the signature giving different effects. If the Max only comes with one stem, I would actually recommend getting both and trying the difference as remember they are glass so I highly recommend having at least one spare and better 2 or 3. You can also load up a few stems ready to go for ultra chilled no reloading sessions, provide people there own stems, spares for cleaning etc.
Well thank you, I think you have provided me with some very good ideas about the stems on the Air Max. I think I will at least buy one more, most likely an angled one. Although if anyone around here knows anything about the best stems specifically for the Air max?

You may be right, and more restricted airflow doesn't necessarily mean worse vapor quality... maybe less quantity, but that's what you're counting on in this case. And maybe thicker, as you say.
I suppose that if a vape has a specific airflow, it's for a good reason. And what is clear is that I can't spend one euro extra because of my budget, and, as I said I prefer not to raise my tolerance too much.

And since efficiency of the Arizers is well proven, the AirMax can only be a good choice. If I end up buying it I hope to write something about it here.

Petetbay

Although if anyone around here knows anything about the best stems specifically for the Air max?
I like these 110mm curved, but you’re in the EU I believe not sure of a supplier there. 420edc has a bunch of different stems for the Arizer.

from EU shop, these are good as well.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yeah 420 EDC has some really nice stems now I've seen...

So I just posted this, and I am also asking here for anyone who knows.

I think many could make customs though, like JoDa and others too

plastic part not being a real problem. I find it looks disgusting anyway.

Yeah it doesn't look too nice, they are often a necessary evil, especially with this style of mass produced vape

From what I have read it is not certain that the air path is well isolated, as it is said that air intakes through the usb plug

Yeah also a problem with the mass produced vapes that are made this way, you can never be sure, they're not designed for you to cover intakes, and then the air gets forced through somewhere else... Whether it is supposed to or defective unit, it's just a risk you take

My curiosity can't help but ask you what is the difference in function you mention and what are those other more indie/pure models you refer to.

This is not really the place to discuss other models, I'd suggest going to the ask FC section, you probably don't even need to post a question, if you look at the other posts, you will see many suggesting options for pure powerful vapes etc

Among others that I now remember the Tinymight2 I think is beautiful, with that wood and aluminum combined, and the glass...That style like from the forests of Finland...;)... These are the materials that I like.

Yeah TM2 is my favorite though! It works quite differently from this although they have the similarity with the glass stem chamber pathways and removable batteries

HighTime

But From what I have read it is not certain that the air path is well isolated, as it is said that air intakes through the usb plug. It is one of my main interests and why I have also focused on the Air Max as I believed already established that it has a better insolation than the Solo II.
I researched this issue a while back. This teardown of the Air 2 has been posted here before, I think. It should offer some insight into the Air series general build style with some changes between them. In case it helps, here it is again:

I also heard this helpful information from Arizer about the Max. But, I believe the wires, at least, are still in the air path.

“Same materials; The isolated air path consists of a high quality Heat-Rated Silicone Gasket, PEEK Plastic, Silica-Free Ceramic Heating Element and the stainless steel dish is made from high end Cold Rolled 304 Grade Stainless Steel that is cleaned and Processed to High Temperature Food and Surgical Standards.”

There is a picture to go with the info from Arizer, but it doesn’t want to stay in the post when I try.

Here is the picture I had difficulty adding to my last post. (Thanks to Shit Snacks for advice he gave on posting pictures in another thread.)

Thank you all very much and especially for those photos of the internals on the Air 2 and Air Max, which have been very helpful.

For me they are very disappointing about the air path, those teardowns, as I see unlikely that the air enters from anywhere other than the wiring itself, if I look closely at the photo. Although it is difficult to say it, the doubt remains. To me this is a dealbreaker.

The truth is that this has stuck me in my decision since, by your advice, I've been consulting the FC Ask threads and I can't find anything that I like more than the Air Max in this range (I have looked some of them... Besides the fact that they are American models that are more expensive in the EU than the Air Max, I don't like them either, I find them very "mass produced". There are European brands that rebrand them cheaper, but they are the same, plastic and pocket design that doesn't suit me; in fact I prefer the Air Max).

I'd be willing to spend a little more, even consider a desktop, but I think I'll ask a question in the ask forum to find that one that fits what I'm looking for, if it exists, lol.

I like these 110mm curved, but you’re in the EU I believe not sure of a supplier there. 420edc has a bunch of different stems for the Arizer.

Thank you very much. No way to find those 3D flow AT stems in the EU, I checked. The other longer ones from that German store are interesting. I have found this one curved (with slits cut in the bottom) "easy flow" stem in this France shop, and I would like to know your opinion:

https://lacentralevapeur.com/en/vaporizer-accessories/23192347-stem-easy-flow-arizer-solo-air.html

Last edited:

Petetbay

I have found this one curved (with slits cut in the bottom) "easy flow" stem in this France shop, and I would like to know your opinion:
I have similiar stems and wpa with these mods, the improvement of airflow is slight, barely noticeably.
For me they are very disappointing about the air path, those teardowns, as I see unlikely that the air enters from anywhere other than the wiring itself, if I look closely at the photo. Although it is difficult to say it, the doubt remains. To me this is a dealbreaker.
you worry too much about the intake air, the Solo2 and airMax are both safe.:2c:

newSSE

Hey! I just saw your comment on the 420edc stems. I just got an Air SE but am looking at these stems cause I will order the dosing caps (https://www.420edc.com/arizer/6-pack-dosing-caps-in-plastic-tube-for-arizer-solo-and-air-series/). So I am wondering if any of their stems are worth it to add to my order.

I often use on the go and prefer shorter stems so I was looking at the 88mm curved 3D flow aroma stem (https://www.420edc.com/arizer/hubble-bubble-3d-flow-airport-3d-flow-aroma-tube-for-solo-air/), have you tried it and is it worth it? I'm also wondering about the glass ball stems (like this one https://www.420edc.com/arizer/pill-botl-glass-aroma-tube-for-arizer-solo-and-air/), it seems like a pain to clean but also like it could be cool?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
newSSE,

Octavia

No thoughts, head empty
I often use on the go and prefer shorter stems so I was looking at the 88mm curved 3D flow aroma stem (https://www.420edc.com/arizer/hubble-bubble-3d-flow-airport-3d-flow-aroma-tube-for-solo-air/), have you tried it and is it worth it?
Not OP, but those stems are very worth, pretty much the only stems I use with my solo2. I usually prefer the bent stem since it seems a little cooler but the straight stem is almost as good (and is a bit easier to carry since it fits in a large travel tube).

Never tried the beaded stems, but they do look nice. I use similar stems with larger beads in my other vapes and they do look nice but aren’t appreciably cooler than a 3d flow stem and do get gunked up quicker. Presumably the smaller beads will cool better, but also make it harder to clean, hopefully someone with firsthand experience will better be able to help.

Octavia,

Petetbay

I often use on the go and prefer shorter stems so I was looking at the 88mm curved 3D flow aroma stem (https://www.420edc.com/arizer/hubble-bubble-3d-flow-airport-3d-flow-aroma-tube-for-solo-air/), have you tried it and is it worth it? I'm also wondering about the glass ball stems (like this one https://www.420edc.com/arizer/pill-botl-glass-aroma-tube-for-arizer-solo-and-air/), it seems like a pain to clean but also like it could be cool?
Never tried the shorter ones, I wouldn’t think there would be much difference.
‘The ball stems are nice very cool, not much difference in cleaning as long you don’t let it get too dirty. If you have the 14mm wpa get the 14mm joint ball stem and use it with other vapes.

Petetbay,

vaporent

My first Arizer vape was the Air OG. I never felt restricted on my pulls at all. I have the Solo II now but my friend has an Air MAX vape and we were using it last night to compare. I thought the draw on the Air MAX was better than my Solo II. I mean, comparable, but i thought it was quicker than my solo ii for a full bowl.

I do not experience any kind of restriction and have no problem with a long pull from an Air MAX.

vaporent,
Reactions: Petetbay

Friend Man

my opinions re: Air Max vs. Solo 2:

Air Max has far better taste, it's a rush of pure terps every time
Air Max has far smoother vapor, but it feels like a lot of air is getting in to facilitate this
The wand design is nice and sleek, but still sturdy. Looks great compared to the Solo 2

Solo 2 has far, far better battery life
Solo 2 heats up far faster
Solo 2 offers more of a hit than Air Max... I find myself using the higher temps on Air Max a lot. This is a plus or a negative depending on taste

Due to the battery life and faster heat time I find Solo 2 to be the better choice for travel and hiking by a considerable distance, which is surely the wrong way around? Air Max is my home portable vape now

newSSE

yeah but the air max body is way sleeker than the solo 2, it's a straight cylinder. You can use the same stems though
ah I see by wand you were talking about the body, not the stems. makes sense! I never had a Solo but have an Air SE (the Air Max's budget version) and it is great and pretty sleek. SE is even lighter than the AirMax so it's really great for on the go :)

newSSE,

cpl5938

Both of my Air Max’s have weed dust behind the screen. Most noticeable in bright, outdoor light. Not sure there’s a cure. I hope the Solo II Max has the screen more isolated.

arizer.jpeg

Pukka

yeah but the air max body is way sleeker than the solo 2, it's a straight cylinder. You can use the same stems though
I actually perfer the heft of the Solo 2 size and shape. I have larger hands and it's easier for me to hold the Solo 2. To be honest, I still use an OG Solo once in a while even though it's a chunky tank of a device.

You don't want to see my collection of authentic Arizer glass ...

Friend Man

I actually perfer the heft of the Solo 2 size and shape. I have larger hands and it's easier for me to hold the Solo 2. To be honest, I still use an OG Solo once in a while even though it's a chunky tank of a device.

You don't want to see my collection of authentic Arizer glass ...
I use my OG Solo for DMT these days, Solo 2 is a great device that still gets used on the regular though

Friend Man,
Top Bottom