• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Arizer Air MAX

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
I have a completely unscientific theory that the majority of the air restriction is coming from flower being sucked up against the holes in the stem and blocking airflow.
I don't think that's the case either. With a packed stem outside the unit it isn't very restricted, and with an unpacked bowl inserted it is still very restricted.

Cheesequake,

VapeWell

Say you heat it to 375, full battery. After some hits you bump it to 428. Does yours sometimes take a lonng time to get there?
Yes, indeed. Yesterday, the Air MAX took 2 minutes to reach 365F on a 50% battery level. (?)

VapeWell,
Reactions: cycleb
I busted out my Airmax last night after not using it much over the past couple weeks due to VAS and it still gives me some of the best flavor to me.

noceb0,
Reactions: cycleb

thx1138

Just vaped one bowl of Sour Space Candy CBD herbs from Plain Jane and I am very satisfied. There is no draw restriction on a bowl that is only moderately packed. The grind is out of a Phoenician grinder and I would describe it as a medium coarse grind. Herbs were dry enough to hand crumble but I used the Phoenician. I use a four holed glass stem that has a 45 degree bend in it. It fits very tight, with a squeek when inserted, thats knida tight, but comes out easy when warm (pretty standard for new Arizers). The draw is the easiest of all my Arizers, which include Solo 1 and Solo 2, and Argo. I have the Canada sourced vortex stems that I use in the Solos and the Airmax is still easier to draw with the four holed bent stem. The original Arizer Air was given away years ago, and it was much more restricted. This Airmax unit also kicks up to 395 very fast. I didn't time it but its the fastest of all of my Arizers.

thx1138,
Reactions: Cjk0812

cpl5938

Got one of these recently on a half-price sale through Arizer. Wow, this thing is great. I've been wanting to try an Arizer vape for a long time and glad I took the plunge. Very easy to use, very efficient, and easy to clean. I'm getting about 90 minutes from the battery but I put that down to the way I use the vape. I don't do a tube in one session but split it between two and have to use high temps at the end to get good extraction.

Faolan

Mighty, Air1.5/Max/Go, Tinymight, Dynavap, Fury2
Got one of these recently on a half-price sale through Arizer. Wow, this thing is great. I've been wanting to try an Arizer vape for a long time and glad I took the plunge. Very easy to use, very efficient, and easy to clean. I'm getting about 90 minutes from the battery but I put that down to the way I use the vape. I don't do a tube in one session but split it between two and have to use high temps at the end to get good extraction.
I try to split my sessions with the long 3d stem and it works good, but through the wpa, I always finish it in one, even at 375. The air max has surpassed my other vapes and is the one I consistently use!

gooby

Ordered as my first battery powered vape. $159 shipped. Hopefully I made a good choice. Only ever used butane powered dynavaps and similar vapes. I think this is exactly what I'm looking for, in terms of build quality, clean air, etc.

hillbill

I use a 5/8” screen with 4 cuts and bend down sides then stick it in the stem to form small space between herb and bottom. Makes a huge difference and not much different to clean. All Arizers work nice like that. Been doing this for 3 years.

Last edited:

ChronPain86

To users who have the Arizer Air Max, are there any dosing capsules that fit the air max? Arizer doesn't make dosing capsules for the air max to my knowledge.

ChronPain86,

Petetbay

To users who have the Arizer Air Max, are there any dosing capsules that fit the air max? Arizer doesn't make dosing capsules for the air max to my knowledge.
I’ve never heard of dosing caps for any Arizer, 420EDC makes glass spacers/screens that can do reduced or sandwich type loads, I have them but never tried in a Arizer vape, mainly used for other purposes.

ChronPain86

I’ve never heard of dosing caps for any Arizer, 420EDC makes glass spacers/screens that can do reduced or sandwich type loads, I have them but never tried in a Arizer vape, mainly used for other purposes.

Thanks for the reply, I thought in my reading of various vaporizers that I read that a dosing capsule from another brand does fit in the air max but I could be and sound to be completely wrong on that.

I liked that Arizer was a Canadian company, very disappointed about the NON return policy. I know it falls on me for not reading all the details, just figured after 1 single use a return or exchange wouldn't be an issue, yet here I am looking for a portable device while owning a once used desktop packaged up in the box waiting resale on this site eventually (is my hope).

The issues I seem to have about a vape like the airmax is the inhaling of bud(sounds silly to most here I am sure, but it happened when using the desktop I have) that can occur hence why I seem focused on a vaporizer with dosing capsules for easier cleanup and not have that chance of inhaling bud. I heard screens restrict the flow if used

ChronPain86,

wamalt

Has any kind of teardown been done on this yet? I'm curious to see the isolated air path that's advertised. I've seen the old Solo 2 teardown, but nothing on Air Max.

wamalt,
Reactions: OF

OF

Has any kind of teardown been done on this yet? I'm curious to see the isolated air path that's advertised. I've seen the old Solo 2 teardown, but nothing on Air Max.
The air path is the glass tube....or am I missing something?

That would be 'all glass vapor path', air path includes places the cold air might enter. Many are concerned that some undetected 'electronics vapors' or other issues are in play, although for the life of me I can't understand why (since we don't fear the same theoritical risks from cell phones, monitors and other such devices (which we spend lots more time a day with?). Still this concern exits.

FWIW the only folks I know who sacrifice vapes for such posts are our friends at Puffitup, which they don't seem to have?

Regards to all.

OF

Edit: It just occurred to me this is easy enough to test. I unscrewed the cover on the oven and put the end of it in my mouth and blew out. There was a slow leak, indicating potential issues, but that leak was out the charge port opening. Plugging this opening with a finger tip at the same time stopped the leak, confirming isolation of the air path.

OF

Last edited:

wamalt

That would be 'all glass vapor path', air path includes places the cold air might enter. Many are concerned that some undetected 'electronics vapors' or other issues are in play, although for the life of me I can't understand why (since we don't fear the same theoritical risks from cell phones, monitors and other such devices (which we spend lots more time a day with?). Still this concern exits.

FWIW the only folks I know who sacrifice vapes for such posts are our friends at Puffitup, which they don't seem to have?

Regards to all.

OF

Edit: It just occurred to me this is easy enough to test. I unscrewed the cover on the oven and put the end of it in my mouth and blew out. There was a slow leak, indicating potential issues, but that leak was out the charge port opening. Plugging this opening with a finger tip at the same time stopped the leak, confirming isolation of the air path.

OF
Thanks for the quick test - those results are interesting. It would seem that if air is coming out of the USB-C charging port, that would indicate a non-isolated air path?

The reason people don't have the same concern regarding dirty air paths with cellphones, monitors, etc. is that people are not daily heating up, putting their mouth over, and directly inhaling the air from those - with handheld vaporizers they are. In any case, conceptually, does it not make sense to have just the plant and some heat and remove all other potential sources of dirty air and/or vapor? Why wouldn't you want a pure experience?

It's the same as anything else people consume - take fruit for example. Sure some people eat it right off the shelf, but many people also wash their fruit before they eat it, so that it's clean (or more clean). Plus, with electronic vaporizers in general being such a new thing that doesn't have decades of research, it would likely be prudent to be more cautious rather than less.

Last edited:
wamalt,

OF

Thanks for the quick test - those results are interesting. It would seem that if air is coming out of the USB-C charging port, that would indicate a non-isolated air path?
Yer welcome. I don't agree with your 'take' on what this means. Yes, there is potential air leaking in the port, but it's very minor compared to the much larger main air coming in all the vents in the cap? The normal air input path. Another data point is doing the same 'leak test' through the battery end (where the feared electronics is) gives a much larger leak out a larger leak than the charge port by a fair bit., IMO there's clearly a barrier for incoming air to isolate it.

I get guy;s concerns I just don't support them. I know no 'mystery vapors' come from my computer and related electronics gear since I know the components outgas at such a low level the components can be used in vacuum systems. If isolation from the feared vapors gives you comfort, enjoy it"

Regards to all.

OF

wamalt

Yer welcome. I don't agree with your 'take' on what this means. Yes, there is potential air leaking in the port, but it's very minor compared to the much larger main air coming in all the vents in the cap? The normal air input path. Another data point is doing the same 'leak test' through the battery end (where the feared electronics is) gives a much larger leak out a larger leak than the charge port by a fair bit., IMO there's clearly a barrier for incoming air to isolate it.

I get guy;s concerns I just don't support them. I know no 'mystery vapors' come from my computer and related electronics gear since I know the components outgas at such a low level the components can be used in vacuum systems. If isolation from the feared vapors gives you comfort, enjoy it"

Regards to all.

OF

I totally get your take - it does seem mostly isolated. I just wish there wasn't the minor non-isolated air entry point of the charge port - with that, I don't think you can call it truly 100% isolated.

wamalt,

OF

I totally get your take - it does seem mostly isolated. I just wish there wasn't the minor non-isolated air entry point of the charge port - with that, I don't think you can call it truly 100% isolated.
Well based on this I don't understand how you can consider it not isolated. You're assuming the charge port is connected to the electronics rather than to the huge ports just above it? I 'see' no evidence it is, and blocking it with a finger tip gives a seal when blowing in the battery chamber shows no such seal exists there. There is a big difference between blowing in the top and bottom that to me 'proves' one is isolated from the other. I doubt very much air at all comes in the port in normal use since the main vents swamp it out. Fresh air is all that can come in through the port? Same as the main vents.

Again, if you're concerned about leaks from the electronics I think you can (and should) enjoy this fine vape without such reservations. Your call, of course.

Best wishes.

OF

Edit: To be clear I believe the seal that provides isolation is below the charge port and above the battery and electronics. The charge port is exposed to fresh air, same as the main vents above it?

OF

Last edited:
OF,

wamalt

Did a little more research and found pics from someone who disassembled their Solo 2 oven after using the device for a while. I believe Air Max uses nearly the same oven design. It appears the air holes in the oven allow in heated air from the ceramic heating element, thermal putty, wires, etc. I didn't realize this was the case.

While the heating element and oven may be sealed from the large circuit board, it doesn't seem that the oven is isolated from the heating element - so the vapor inhaled includes hot air from the ceramic element, thermal putty, wires, etc.

Last edited:

gooby

Did a little more research and found pics from someone who disassembled their Solo 2 oven after using the device for a while. I believe Air Max uses nearly the same oven design. It appears the holes in the oven allow in heated air from the ceramic heating element, thermal putty, wires. I didn't realize this was the case.

While the heating element assembly and oven may be sealed from the large circuit board, it doesn't seem that the oven is isolated from the heating element - I don't like the idea of having the ceramic element, thermal putty, wires, etc. exposed to heated air that is inhaled.
If this is true, I will return my order and look elsewhere. I thought it was all isolated glass?

thx1138

Did a little more research and found pics from someone who disassembled their Solo 2 oven after using the device for a while. I believe Air Max uses nearly the same oven design. It appears the air holes in the oven allow in heated air from the ceramic heating element, thermal putty, wires, etc. I didn't realize this was the case.

While the heating element and oven may be sealed from the large circuit board, it doesn't seem that the oven is isolated from the heating element - so the vapor inhaled includes hot air from the ceramic element, thermal putty, wires, etc.
unless I am off my rocker (quite possible) how could the heating element be isolated from the oven? am I misunderstanding something in your post?

I also tried blocking the USB-C port with a finger during use and there is no noticeable change in the draw resistance, seems that nearly all of the air drawn in comes from the vents around the oven.

I have yet to see a dosing capsule from any manufacturer that fits in the glass tube where the load is placed. If there is one, maybe someone can post it. This device is so easy to load by pushing it into the herbs in my grinder, and unload by flicking it with a finger when the load is spent, that I can't see a need for a capsule for myself. Others may have different reasons for one, but it seems like one more PITA that has been bypassed by this very simple to use system. This has been my go to device for a quick session lately. It doesn't make the biggest clouds, but it does satisfy my needs.

thx1138,
unless I am off my rocker (quite possible) how could the heating element be isolated from the oven? am I misunderstanding something in your post?
Conduction. It would only need to be touching the underside of the oven to conduct heat. They don't need to share air flow.

I don't know that this is the case, but that would be how.

noceb0,
Reactions: wamalt

wamalt

Conduction. It would only need to be touching the underside of the oven to conduct heat. They don't need to share air flow.

I don't know that this is the case, but that would be how.
Exactly this. The ceramic heater is already attached via thermal putty and screw to the bottom of the SS oven - they could have sealed off the ceramic heater with a stainless steel "cup" or something similar so that it's contained. As it is currently, the holes in the SS oven allow open air exchange between the ceramic heater, temp probe, and the oven - and thus into the vapor path. This also means the wires leading to the temp probe and ceramic heater are also in the vapor path.

Last edited:
wamalt,

thx1138

Yes, @wamalt I understand. You folks read the post quite differently than I did. My reading of @gooby's post above was that it simply said isolated from the oven, not airpath. That is what this person wrote. If the ceramic heater is attached to the bottom of the oven, then its not isolated from the oven itself. I now assume from your reading, and that of @noceb0 that he meant to write "isolated from the airpath." I understand now from your explicit and helpful post, that it is not the case that this device's heater is isolated from the airpath. Clarity is priceless.

thx1138,
Top Bottom