Arizer Air MAX

OldPotHead

I vape to get even
I think it's the same hybrid Arizer oven as Air2 and Solo2 - not 100% sure. I'll be sure to mention that in my review. Also, depending upon how you setup stem, grind, dry, load, pack, tamp, I can customize the Solo oven for more conduction or less.

RAG

I think it's the same hybrid Arizer oven as Air2 and Solo2 - not 100% sure. I'll be sure to mention that in my review. Also, depending upon how you setup stem, grind, dry, load, pack, tamp, I can customize the Solo oven for more conduction or less.
Hey @OldPotHead, saw that you ordered one and should be getting one soon. Could you please compare it to your mighty and reflect over the aspects of if you have to take big deep pulls to get good vapor production or if you can as with the mighty sip on it slowly without using too much force from the lungs? Would be really appreciated as I´m thinking of ordering one :):lol:

My Favorite set-up so far ;)

277358399_521843219317486_954872526509050432_n.md.jpg

Nice setup! Have you used the unit without a water rig? How's the resistance in the pull on it with stock stems? Do you have to pull hard to create vapor and good clouds?
running through the stock stem is fine--she gets a little warm but no worse than most-- resistance depends mostly on how you pack it -- your not going to get dab or combust clouds but it does a good job for a vape! I prefer glass accessories for most everything but that Phoenix glycerin coil is next level awesome -- only down side is ya gotta freeze it so its not really an "on the go" accessory ---

Powderillusions,
Reactions: LAWTHEONE

pmthokku

Hi All. Please correct any misunderstandings below (or add any missing details):
The solo 2 has a 3 hour battery life vs Air Max with 2.25 hours. The Air Max uses a bigger 26650 battery to get upto solo 2 levels of heat generation, but it is basically the same level as solo 2. Some extra software features added: dark mode, upside mode, heating level reached alert beep. Air Max comes with wpa included, but leaves out the long stem. Cost of Air Max = $224, solo 2= $155.
Some background: I had an air which had some issues with random switching off. The air was also underpowered. I then got a solo 2. I also have vapcaps and a TM. Buying a new arizer for a friend. Is the air max worth it to you?

Last edited:

ontopofclouds

Hi All. Please correct any misunderstandings below (or add any missing details):
The solo 2 has a 3 hour battery life vs Air Max with 2.25 hours. The Air Max uses a bigger 26650 battery to get upto solo 2 levels of heat generation, but it is basically the same level as solo 2. Some extra software features added: dark mode, upside mode, heating level reached alert beep. Air Max comes with wpa included, but leaves out the long stem. Cost of Air Max = $224, solo 2= $155.
Some background: I had an air which had some issues with random switching off. The air was also underpowered. I then got a solo 2. I also have vapcaps and a TM. Buying a new arizer for a friend. Is the air max worth it to you?
fwiw planetofthevapes has the arizer air max at $199 for 4/20 sales

Some background: I had an air which had some issues with random switching off. The air was also underpowered. I then got a solo 2. I also have vapcaps and a TM. Buying a new arizer for a friend. Is the air max worth it to you
Sorry dont have any other arizer vapes to compare to but the max beats out my fury edge-magic flight--Davinci--runt---
and any of my dynavaps---- my simrell/dyna is awesome but the arizer ease beats it out with ease of use--- I would love to try a tinymight to compare --guessing thats the only flameless vape that would compare---each their own I guess ;)

Powderillusions,
Reactions: pmthokku

RAG

Sorry dont have any other arizer vapes to compare to but the max beats out my fury edge-magic flight--Davinci--runt---
and any of my dynavaps---- my simrell/dyna is awesome but the arizer ease beats it out with ease of use--- I would love to try a tinymight to compare --guessing thats the only flameless vape that would compare---each their own I guess ;)
Thanks for the comparison. Where are you based bud? Just got a new TM myself and if you're close I wouldn't mind letting you try it.

RAG,

pmthokku

and any of my dynavaps---- my simrell/dyna is awesome but the arizer ease beats it out with ease of use--- I would love to try a tinymight to compare --guessing thats the only flameless vape that would compare---each their own I guess

Just a difference experience with the TM. You can take a puff and put it away, unlike solo 2. The air is free flowing, much less restricted compared to solo2. But needs stirring unlike Arizers to get even heating. TM is mind blowing for taking a small amount of hash and vapor bonging to finish in a single hit. Serious extraction in double quick time- crazy power, on demand.

pmthokku,

OldPotHead

I vape to get even
Okay, a few first thoughts ONLY.
1. It's not that different than Solo2 and Air2 / kind of a hybrid. The oven is a hair deeper. I held all 3 units together and Solo and Air Max pretty much the same depth. Same exact oven from the what you can see on the outside.
2. Love the new buttons / screen. Easier, more practical, but no super big deal - just very nice. It's a hair longer, thicker, and definitely heavier. I like the way it looks and feels.
3. Battery life no better than Solo2, maybe not quite as good... jury still out here.
4. Heats up a drop slower than Solo2, which is rapid, not complaining. Charges in a couple of hours.
5. Draw resistance is pretty much the exact same, same four scalloped vents in the oven floor. Again, no definite decision here, still playing with loading stems just right, but I don't think there's much difference between Air or Solo. I've been playing with a tighter pack, using the resistance to generate more vapor.

PS: didn't forget you Mighty comparison guys, but right now I'm feeling much love for the Arizer stem, and a little tired of the S&B cooling unit. I think the draw resistance very affected by herb prep, pack, cleanliness, and can almost override anything else. It's not that different than Solo vs Mighty.

More to follow, today was my first real day...

Last edited:

cliffhanger1

@OldPotHead
I am short before o buy my first Arizer protable Vape.
I pre ordered some weeks ago the MAX.
But it sounds that it is nearly the same vape experience like the Solo 2 which can to buy for about 100 Euro lower in EU.
I am looking forward to more news from you
have fun with your new device :)

RAG

Okay, a few first thoughts ONLY.
1. It's not that different than Solo2 and Air2 / kind of a hybrid. The oven is a hair deeper. I held all 3 units together and Solo and Air Max pretty much the same depth. Same exact oven from the what you can see on the outside.
2. Love the new buttons / screen. Easier, more practical, but no super big deal - just very nice. It's a hair longer, thicker, and definitely heavier. I like the way it looks and feels.
3. Battery life no better than Solo2, maybe not quite as good... jury still out here.
4. Heats up a drop slower than Solo2, which is rapid, not complaining. Charges in a couple of hours.
5. Draw resistance is pretty much the exact same, same four scalloped vents in the oven floor. Again, no definite decision here, still playing with loading stems just right, but I don't think there's much difference between Air or Solo. I've been playing with a tighter pack, using the resistance to generate more vapor.

PS: didn't forget you Mighty comparison guys, but right now I'm feeling much love for the Arizer stem, and a little tired of the S&B cooling unit. I think the draw resistance very affected by herb prep, pack, cleanliness, and can almost override anything else. It's not that different than Solo vs Mighty.

More to follow, today was my first real day...
Thanks for the write up @OldPotHead, really appreciated. From what you wrote I believe I´ll just pull the trigger on two Air 2's for me and the girlfriend to start with, see what we think of those. Any of you believe the Air 2 will cheaper than what it's listed for today on 4/20? Here in Europe you can get it for 129-139€ today, should I just pull the trigger on those now?

Top Bottom