Thank you so much for all the info. Does the battery make a difference? I dont even know what kind of 26650s are available (like Molicel P26A, VTC6, HG2 etc)Okay, a few first thoughts ONLY.
1. It's not that different than Solo2 and Air2 / kind of a hybrid. The oven is a hair deeper. I held all 3 units together and Solo and Air Max pretty much the same depth. Same exact oven from the what you can see on the outside.
2. Love the new buttons / screen. Easier, more practical, but no super big deal - just very nice. It's a hair longer, thicker, and definitely heavier. I like the way it looks and feels.
3. Battery life no better than Solo2, maybe not quite as good... jury still out here.
4. Heats up a drop slower than Solo2, which is rapid, not complaining. Charges in a couple of hours.
5. Draw resistance is pretty much the exact same, same four scalloped vents in the oven floor. Again, no definite decision here, still playing with loading stems just right, but I don't think there's much difference between Air or Solo. I've been playing with a tighter pack, using the resistance to generate more vapor.
PS: didn't forget you Mighty comparison guys, but right now I'm feeling much love for the Arizer stem, and a little tired of the S&B cooling unit. I think the draw resistance very affected by herb prep, pack, cleanliness, and can almost override anything else. It's not that different than Solo vs Mighty.
More to follow, today was my first real day...