• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Arizer Air II

Oe

Hello, I'm new here but i vape for some years already. I love the Air 2. Its actually my favorite vape. I had a problem with loose stems thought.
So i was investigating and figured out how to make them fit:
The only thing what holds the stem is actually this rubber seal ring on top of the oven unit:

All my stems where holding tight in this rubber ring as long its not attached to the unit. Then when i attach them there are loose and falling out again.

So i used a file to make the plastic part where it sits on 1-2 mm smaller in diameter. Also in the inner ring:

Now all my stems are sitting super tight

The other thing is when u check where the air flows. it get sucked in right below the oven. Its not preheating the air like in for example the "Solo"

But when u look at the top u can see air intake holes:

I don't know why there a there originally but with a sleeve around the upper part of the vape the air gets sucked in there and preheats while traveling down to the original intake. I get a way darker avb and more dense clouds. I only vape with a sleeve now

One last thing is about cleaning. Superficial cleaning is very easy but a deep cleaning under the oven is nearly impossible. Also the holes in the oven get blocked sometimes. For cleaning i submerge the whole oven in boiling Isopropanol (60-70 degree Celsius) and let it sit there for some time. Till no more gunk is coming out. Then do the same with water and dry the unit nicely

this are my tips after 2 years heavy use. I hope it can help someone. Be careful and do it all on your own risk

OF

Hello, I'm new here but i vape for some years already. I love the Air 2. Its actually my favorite vape. I had a problem with loose stems thought.

First off, welcome to the Forum! Lots of good folks here, I hope you post more.

A couple of thoughts. While you're talking about Air II, you've posted to the Solo II forum, perhaps the mods can fix it? I'm not sure blocking the air holes is such a great idea. The oven is counting on having cool air on the outside of the oven, not putting insulation around it? I fear it could in fact overheat. As you point out, it's running hotter?

But mostly I'm very concerned about boiling it any flammable solvent, let alone a heavy one like ISO. I'm sure you can do it safely or you would not be doing it, but you've just encouraged something extremely dangerous with no warning. Not everyone will have your skills/understanding. This is exactly the sort of way people blow up their houses and start nasty fires. The critical ratio of vapor to air is a factor, of course, but heavy vapors have been known to 'crawl' along the floor to find a pilot or exposed flame (or electrical spark) then 'flash back' with a vengence. The real world is not a fume hood.

Your call, of course. IMO the area inside stays 'clean enough' since it's not supposed to be exposed to vapor. But I think advice to boil in ISO is dangerous indeed. I definitely recommend against it.

Regards to all.

OF

Oe

I'm sorry, i don't wanna put anybody in danger.

I think its also working with cold isopropanol. Its taking longer thought but its save. I forget to take a picture before cleaning , but there was a lot of gunk and crumbs. Also the isopropanol was getting dark brown 2 times. I can taste the difference for sure.

About the overheating i think its save. I do it for couple of months already and i mostly vape on 220 ° .

Also its the silicon sleeve which get sold for the air 1 and its authorized by arizer ?

I feel my Solo 2 gets way hotter and there the air gets preheated .

OF

I'm sorry, i don't wanna put anybody in danger.

I'm sure you intended no harm. But the 'I read it on the web' factor is in play here. I don't know about where you are, but here the ignorant take as Gospel what some other fool (who doesn't even use his real name) might write. Most don't really understand what's going on around them I fear. They just want to 'get over' by reading some clever idea and following it. Hopefully it won't happen here? But unchecked I'm confident it'd lead to widespread experiments with boiling alcohol.

Best wishes to all.

OF

OF,
Reactions: arb

Toivarita

999 Forever
Is forum combined with the original Air device? Can’t seem to find it and I recently purchased an Original Air. Is the vapor potential the same/similar on both devices?

Toivarita,
Reactions: OF

OF

Is forum combined with the original Air device? Can’t seem to find it and I recently purchased an Original Air. Is the vapor potential the same/similar on both devices?
No, this tread is for Solo II. While Solo I is in most cases the same it has it's own thread. Air came much later, years later. As did ArGo. Part way through that (Solo I, when it was the only such vape) they modified the cup to have larger holes (like Solo II) in response to complaints of 'too much draw resistance'. So now you can 'overrun' the conduction and GET LOWER PRODUCTION (more volume but less dense) if you want. The original ports were sized to avoid this (of course they tested various sizes) but that was lost. Likewise 'use while charging', a good plan on cell phones but a bad one here, got 'fixed' in the face of demands by customers who didn't understand. Arizer went to a lot of trouble and extra expense to provide an Engineer's solution (true PA), but as so often happens they got trumped by the Sales guys.

I think that answers your question, if not please try again?

Regards to all.

OF

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Here is the original Air thread:

:peace:

MeditativeMind

*Insert 'custom title' here*

The original Air has it's own thread: https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-arizer-air.16415/

No, this tread is for Solo II. While Solo I is in most cases the same it has it's own thread. Air came much later, years later. As did ArGo. Part way through that (Solo I, when it was the only such vape) they modified the cup to have larger holes (like Solo II) in response to complaints of 'too much draw resistance'. So now you can 'overrun' the conduction and GET LOWER PRODUCTION (more volume but less dense) if you want. The original ports were sized to avoid this (of course they tested various sizes) but that was lost. Likewise 'use while charging', a good plan on cell phones but a bad one here, got 'fixed' in the face of demands by customers who didn't understand. Arizer went to a lot of trouble and extra expense to provide an Engineer's solution (true PA), but as so often happens they got trumped by the Sales guys.

I think that answers your question, if not please try again?

Regards to all.

OF

Hey, OF... long time!

This thread is actually for Air 2, not Solo 2 ;)

Did they also redesign the Air 2 for less draw resistance?

I have two of the original Airs (one with the redesigned bottom plate with the 4 notches). My solution to airflow was to just very slightly lift up the stem instead of pushing it in all the way down to the plate lol

MeditativeMind,
Reactions: OF

Psychographic

I'm going to give Arizer two thumbs up for customer service!

I dropped my A2 onto a concrete porch, it worked fine, but part of the display on the right side was not showing. I contacted Arizer to see about getting the display replaced at my cost, after all, it was my fault. They told me it was not possible to have it repaired at my cost, but it could be repaired/replaced if it was under warranty. This puzzled me, but I checked my order from PUI and it was past warraty by a few days. Arizer said it was close enough and gave me the address to send it to for repair.

Due to my 90 yr. old dad getting covid, I was too busy to send it out for almost an month. I had a new replacement within a week of sending it out. The replacement came with two new stems and an aroma tube.

Both Arizer and MM Specialties (this is the US repair place) were great at returning all my emails and kept me informed of all stages of the process.

I purchased an Argo to use while the A2 was out. I do like the feel in my hand of the A2 better than the Argo, but performance wise they are very close. I did get an extended stem for the Argo, I really don't like the one it comes with. The vapor is too hot, and I don't like my lips touching the body.

fondoobious

Hawker of Vapeware
Giving away one brand new Frosted Aroma Tube(14mm). Shipping to anywhere in the world is on me. Send a PM and I will randomly select a recipient in about a week. {Sorry about the blurry photos; my crappy camera can't focus on such small text.}

mod note: edited to request a PM rather than full personal information

Last edited by a moderator:

Brachmanhuxley

Hi everyone!

It's been a long time since I haven't posted in this forum. I've recently picked up vaping again and I'm a bit worried about the health of the lithium battery that comes with the Arizer Air 2.

I bought the vape a few years ago (2018) and since I haven't used it too often, the original battery seems to still work pretty well. However, I've read that it shouldn't be left discharged for too long and mine has probably been left like that for a long time a few times before I recently went back to vaping more frequently.

Do you think this could be potentially dangerous or can I continue vaping safely with this battery. I have a replacement one that came with the Air2 that has never been used. Not sure about that one either since it has been in the box for the last 2-3 years.

Another question I have is if I can charge the Air2 with a charger that has an output of 5v-2.0A (it seems like I've lost the original charger).

Edit: I think I found the charger that originally came with the vaporizer. It says output: 5VDC - 1500mA. Can anyone confirm if this is the right one or at least compatible?

Thank you :)

Last edited:
Brachmanhuxley,

fondoobious

Hawker of Vapeware
One Frosted Aroma Tube(14mm) has been claimed, so there's only one left. Very few responses, so now it's first come, first served. Also free to the first person who sends a private message: 1 Air/Solo Glass Aroma Tube (70mm).

fondoobious,

Toivarita

999 Forever
One Frosted Aroma Tube(14mm) has been claimed, so there's only one left. Very few responses, so now it's first come, first served. Also free to the first person who sends a private message: 1 Air/Solo Glass Aroma Tube (70mm).

Hey! Sent you a message, I found someone on the reddit page r/vaporents who is in need of an aroma tube!

Toivarita,

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
Hi everyone!

It's been a long time since I haven't posted in this forum. I've recently picked up vaping again and I'm a bit worried about the health of the lithium battery that comes with the Arizer Air 2.

I bought the vape a few years ago (2018) and since I haven't used it too often, the original battery seems to still work pretty well. However, I've read that it shouldn't be left discharged for too long and mine has probably been left like that for a long time a few times before I recently went back to vaping more frequently.

Do you think this could be potentially dangerous or can I continue vaping safely with this battery. I have a replacement one that came with the Air2 that has never been used. Not sure about that one either since it has been in the box for the last 2-3 years.

Another question I have is if I can charge the Air2 with a charger that has an output of 5v-2.0A (it seems like I've lost the original charger).

Edit: I think I found the charger that originally came with the vaporizer. It says output: 5VDC - 1500mA. Can anyone confirm if this is the right one or at least compatible?

Thank you :)
There are those on the forum that are more knowledgeable on everything batteries i.e longevity and safety than me. However, I can confirm that 5VDC - 1500mA is printed on the charging device that came with the Air2 that I purchase back in late 2018.

For me the unit never performed up to my expectations, and only used a handful of times before I moved on. Like everything about it except vapour production. Decided to keep it around for use with other medicinal type herbs. Like yours, my batteries haven't been used for over two years. Good luck.

endof3d,
Reactions: arb

fondoobious

Hawker of Vapeware
Ok, all my Arizer-branded aroma tubes have been claimed. Now up for grabs is this Arizer Air II Battery. Please note that is says it includes a tester, but all I found in the box is the battery. Again, it does NOT include a battery tester. Shipping to anywhere in the world is on me, so send me a pm and it's yours for free.

fondoobious,

OF

Hey! Just got an air 2 and looking for any tips on getting good rips. Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks!
Two thoughts: Sip it and give plenty of time between hits for 'heat soaks'.

This is a conduction vape, (not convection), entirely different than experience with combustion. Heat has to conduct into the load from the cup through the glass walls. There is a limit on the rate this can happen. The end temperature is still set by your heat setting, but when you draw cool air in to sweep the vapor out you lower the temperature for a bit. You can, by hitting it too hard, hit it hard enough to completely stop vapor production. Unlike blazing where the added air supports more combustion which provides more heat.

If you watch videos of the show offs 'milking' their WTs, getting impressive concentrations of vapor, they do it very slowly for this reason.

So forget "good rips". If you want potent hits, sip it slowly, don't rip it. And give plenty of time between hits for 'heat soaks' so temperature can recover.....try half a minute and adjust?

Work with it, experiment and follow the results you like. Try different grinds and packing. And temperatures, of course (I suggest starting at 390F).

Regards to all.

OF

BigJr48

Am I able to use other 18650 batteries then the one it came with? I had an issue with my DaVinci iq2 overheating when I switched out the original battery.
Yes sir, imrbatteries.com has everything you're looking for.

imrbatteries.com

BigJr48,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Hey! Just got an air 2 and looking for any tips on getting good rips. Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks!
I like to extend the mouthpiece a few inches using food-grade silicone tubing. I just leave it on. I can't post a picture at the moment, but I prefer the mouth-feel of silicone tube (baby bottle fetish?) over rigid glass.

macbill,

OF

Am I able to use other 18650 batteries then the one it came with? I had an issue with my DaVinci iq2 overheating when I switched out the original battery.
Yes sir, imrbatteries.com has everything you're looking for.

Actually, no you can't substitute random 18650s. You have to pay attention to the maximum current capacity (in m Amps, not mAh) otherwise you can get into the exact same overheating in discharge you experienced with you DV......

The above advice would have failed you there, right?

Unless you know what you're doing I suggest you stick with the factory unit, it's 'known good' and isn't really all that expensive? Your call, as always, but that's my advice.

Regards to all

OF

canadianvapelife

Actually, no you can't substitute random 18650s. You have to pay attention to the maximum current capacity (in m Amps, not mAh) otherwise you can get into the exact same overheating in discharge you experienced with you DV......

The above advice would have failed you there, right?

Unless you know what you're doing I suggest you stick with the factory unit, it's 'known good' and isn't really all that expensive? Your call, as always, but that's my advice.

Regards to all

OF
So I guess the original battery only puts out 8 amps. I put in one of my molicel p26a which can get up to 25 amps and have been getting much better results then with the original battery. You think this is a bad idea? I haven't had any issues yet but have only been using the molicel for half the day.

Top Bottom