Anyone struggling to "fuck combustion"?

Scarpvape

Greetings everyone;

:zombie::zombie::zombie:I'm crawling out of my cave, finally.:wave: First thread, really inspired by a strange obstacle my wife is encountering. Right off the bat, I have to disclose that she prefers smoking flower. I have been exclusively vaping flower since 2012. So naturally, I have reached points of frustration when inventory gets low sooner than expected because she lights up and spoils away our goodies in smoke while she takes a rip or not. Actually shaking my head as a I type. :doh: :disgust::disgust:

Now she has always claimed that vaporizing hurts her lungs. We argued "the fact" after purchasing a pax for this very issue. She didn't like the sensation or shortness of breath after a pax hit. Now being an asthmatic myself, I couldn't argue it. the harshness did amplify my symptoms. But, then we followed the same steps with each vape we collected over the years. She would tolerate the experience, honoring my suggestions and tips over the years. And yet, still always favored her joints.

After the stimulus checks I swore to get her to kick the toking, and finally start vaping.:bang: So she puts it this way, "You find a vape that makes me feel the way a joint does, without puffing on it forever, then I'll give it up." :cool: I gracefully accepted the challenge.

Just for reference, these are the methods I've exposed her to over the years.
-pax-
-Pax modified with whip.
-Lotus/grasshopper/vapcap/ natively and through bongs/percolators
-water pieces used were filled with the following all separately, one at a time. ice water/boiled water/earl grey tea(Boiled hot)/cranberry juice (ice cold)
-Lastly, the Mighty (natively)

Now, I'm writing today in defeat, because we got a new vaporizer. And I didn't take money into consideration at all. I focused on every damn year the Mighty rated highest performing portable vaporizer year after year. I hate to admit that she still coughs and gets shortness of breath. Where as I (the asthmatic, and pulmo-cheated, love the mighty. best vape experience I've EVER had.

Is there ANYONE at all? That perhaps has, a harder time with vaping to smoking it? I can't explain why with all that ive learned of the years. She loves the experience with the mighty. she prefers it to any previous experiences. But, I'm witness to her coughing and just not being able to enjoy the euphoria because she's too busy fighting for her breath afterwards?

thanks in advance

Relaxed

This Space For Rent
I haven't burned anything in over two years, but a local dispensary had a big sale last week and I broke down and bought a single joint for old times sake. Big mistake, after a couple of puffs my mouth tasted like an ash tray. In the trash it went. So no, sticking with vaping is an easy choice for me.

GoldenBud

@Scarpvape push your Lotus to its limits. take a 20s draw with the right technique with bigger flame than recommended(like 10% more flame, but keep the flame away abit from the SS plate!), but be careful and spin the flame on the SS plate. if you will take a good 100% convection device to its limit, it will be stronger than any combustion you will ever had (combustion means you lose like 40% of THC to the air.....) because THC evaporates at 150C~, but combustion occur via 500C-700C degrees ! you lose material.
and fuck the nicotine!

most people who like to smoke, do it because of their addiction to nicotine. it's an addictive poison.

Scarpvape

@Scarpvape push your Lotus to its limits. take a 20s draw with the right technique with bigger flame than recommended, but be careful and spin the flame on the SS plate. if you will take a good 100% convection device to its limit, it will be stronger than any combustion you will ever had (combustion means you lose like 40% of THC to the air.....)
and fuck the nicotine!

most people who like to smoke, do it because of their addiction to nicotine. fuck it. it's an addictive poison.

No cigarettes here, her smoking is exclusive to cannabis.

I haven't burned anything in over two years, but a local dispensary had a big sale last week and I broke down and bought a single joint for old times sake. Big mistake, after a couple of puffs my mouth tasted like an ash tray. In the trash it went. So no, sticking with vaping is an easy choice for me.

I agree whole heartedly. I never even stuck with it because I couldn't bear the taste of combustion.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
After the stimulus checks I swore to get her to kick the toking, and finally start vaping.:bang: So she puts it this way, "You find a vape that makes me feel the way a joint does, without puffing on it forever, then I'll give it up." :cool: I gracefully accepted the challenge.

Hate to be the bearer but she is probably one of those that will never like vaping. You've already owned vapes that heat up fast and don't take long to finish (Grasshopper, Lotus, Vapcap)

That means the only part you haven't found is something to make it feel like a joint, which isn't gonna happen. You really can't replicate a 1200 degree ember and the new chemicals formed during combustion, and a joint is the hardest type of combustion to mimic because its a hybrid vapor/smoke aerosol which combines parts of both.

Here's my opinon about the harshness - even those vapes are purported to be smooth, I notice over the years that almost every regular smoker coughs when trying one of my vaporizers, I believe its expectorants helping to purge some of the accumulated tars and resins from smoking, but nobody who smokes actually gives a fuck when I explain that :lol:

I've gotten many smokers to declare that vaping for sure tastes better, but a whole lot of them just don't think its as potent. We can talk about oxygen deprivation, THC degradation, terpenes, and the science of vaping all we want; but when a chronic pain patient tells me smoking is more effective for her pain management there's really nothing else I can say. I bought my mom a Mighty and she abandoned it for a $10 glass one hitter. Same problem as you, she finds the vapor harsh compared to smoking. IMO the Mighty does not get hot enough for the stony combustion style effects some vaporizers are capable of providing which is a large reason she lost interest.

Truthfully I believe it has something to do with the plant material that makes people cough; could be pesticides, nutrients, heavy metals, etc. Literally everyone I know who can't stand dry herb vapes love dabbing, which is just a more pure vaporizer absent of the thermally degrading/burning plant components.

GoldenBud

Hate to be the bearer but she is probably one of those that will never like vaping. You've already owned vapes that heat up fast and don't take long to finish (Grasshopper, Lotus, Vapcap)
people usually don't know how to get massive clouds from the Lotus tho, it's a killa. it will convert almost anybody IMO if they know how to practice this device (I was shocked too)

HughJundys

Waistband Optimizer
Staff member
I haven't had any trouble staying with vaping.

Very recently though I had a long time friend visit from out of state. I had them try the Tera, EVO. dynavap, and some others. At the time they liked Tera because my friend is a bong lover.

They went back home and bought two Teras from P.I.U. Gave one to her daughter.

She has been writing me saying this is reminding her a the high you got off those cartridge pens, something she's not a fan of.
Additionally she is asking me if I get as high when using this as smoking, that she does not.

Man, my reaction was completely different to vaping. I don't like the pens either and vaping flower doesn't remind me of that. I remember back when I first got the Mighty and joined the vaping universe that I got quite high. Things have changed quite a bit since then, my tolerance is large, but back then I couldn't imagine being able to handle more than two bowl fulls.

Maybe her weed sucks? I buy from dispensaries in Las Vegas she buys from dispensaries in California. She has been telling me she can't find a weed at the dispensary that is very powerful. Stunned by that. She had been going to the same dealer for over a decade but he passed away. She can't replicate what he was selling her at a dispensary. Wish I knew what strain that was, she doesn't. My experience has been opposite. What I get at the dispensary here is superior to what I was getting pre legalization.

I've advised she crank that device up to its max temp and try it that way. She has responded that is the way she uses it now but still can't get that high she's looking for. I've recommended a few strains that I buy here I believe are potent. Feel bad she's not digging it as much as I do.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
people usually don't know how to get massive clouds from the Lotus tho, it's a killa. it will convert almost anybody IMO if they know how to practice this device (I was shocked too)

It's just hard to get the vape averse to "practice" though.

Here's another thought - I believe a lot of people who combust don't have the lung capacity to inhale long enough for most convection vaporizers to hit their sweet spot of vapor production/effects. Smokers are used to short inhales, so I consistently have noticed some people struggle with vaporizers, particularly if they aren't on max temp.

40% or even more of the THC content is going to the air and never gets to her.

I actually have a theory this is WHY some people find smoking more effective.

Theoretically THC destruction or loss should equal less absorption, thus a lower tolerance. Cannabis is bi-phasic which means it effects you differently in lower dosages versus higher dosages. I've wondered if vaping is so effective that I could actually get LESS effects because of that reason, particularly due to the high number of inhalations required for a lot of vaporizers.

Over the years I started wondering if the efficiency and effectiveness of vaporizing was actually causing inverse effects over time at reaching my ideal altitude. I notice when I get a new strain of anything it almost always feels extremely potent on the first use, but after a few more sessions everything just seems so average. Of course that is strongly related to my session frequency, which is much higher for me since I started vaporizing. I believe a combination of great flavor and discrete usage from vaporizing plays a big role in that. I think many of us are hooked on the flavor so much that just the thought of smoking sends shivers down our spine; but I notice people that aren't such flavor snobs tend to feel that smoking is "stronger."
Even people that have used my Flowerpots and beyond, not just portable vapes.

GoldenBud

Theoretically THC destruction or loss should equal less absorption, thus a lower tolerance. Cannabis is bi-phasic which means it effects you differently in lower dosages versus higher dosages. I've wondered if vaping is so effective that I could actually get LESS effects because of that reason, particularly due to the high number of inhalations required for a lot of vaporizers.

but when somebody combusts a bonghead, it's like a 0.2g, so it is like 0.1g in vaping.
BUT - maybe because combustion produces H2O - it is easier for the throat? maybe?
People don't like the dry vapor probably?

GoldenBud,

lazylathe

Almost there...
@Scarpvape

Since your wife seems to love smoking, why take it away from her?
Since joints are so wasteful, why not convert her to a dong and a slide bowl?
This way she can load smaller bowls and kill it in one snap and have way more smoke and effects than a joint?
This would be my choice moving forward.

When I lived in another town, all my friends were smokers.
I had a lot of the vapes in my signature and they all LOVED them! Said they got a cleaner high that lasted a long time. We would all vape and get stupid high, go outside for some air and someone would quickly roll a joint and start passing it around...I never partook in that as it tasted like garbage...
Some people will never convert!

So a nice new bong, a cool slide,a lighter with hemp wick and she will be a happy lady and your stash will thank you!

Something cool for your lady to watch!

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
One simple solution might be to make a small filter for the Mighty with degummed hemp fiber or organic cotton. That will help filter out particulates and provide smoother vapor.

If she likes the Mighty the Plenty might provide more of a joint experience, heavier hits, but also more cooling.

If she likes pipes or bongs at all I recommend a Sticky Brick OG. Like the Vapcaps it has a similar ritual to combustion but it has much smoother vapor in my opinion and you can get huge hits once your technique is dialed in. Even if she didn’t like vaping with it she could use it for combustion.

Moses Baca

Colorado State Reformatory #8755
Mighty through a dry bong has become my go-to when I'm home. The glass really seems to smooth and cool the vapor and no gross bong water makes it a lot easier to clean.

I've also got a couple j-hooks coming (hopefully soon) and just this morning I ordered a simple bong to use as my main dry glass piece.

MinnBobber

Greetings everyone;

-pax-
-Pax modified with whip.
-water pieces used were filled with the following all separately, one at a time. ice water/boiled water/earl grey tea(Boiled hot)/cranberry juice (ice cold)

Now, I'm writing today in defeat, because we got a new vaporizer. And I didn't take money into consideration at all. I focused on every damn year the Mighty rated highest performing portable vaporizer year after year. I hate to admit that she still coughs and gets shortness of breath. Where as I (the asthmatic, and pulmo-cheated, love the mighty. best vape experience I've EVER had.

Is there ANYONE at all? That perhaps has, a harder time with vaping to smoking it? I can't explain why with all that ive learned of the years. She loves the experience with the mighty. she prefers it to any previous experiences. But, I'm witness to her coughing and just not being able to enjoy the euphoria because she's too busy fighting for her breath afterwards?

thanks in advance
I didn't see Mighty thru water. Get that dry Mighty vapor thru some hot water bubbler, That should be the first thing to try. No need to cool it but absolutely benefits from adding humidity to the vapor!

From joints, does she like miss "the big punch" or what effects??
I find most joint smokers , who say that vaping flower isn't as big a hit....really mean they miss that initial rush from
combusting cannabis or tobacky.
It is a rush from combustion, you have a combination of oxygen deprivation (that light headed/intoxicating feeling) magnified by dozens of toxic chemicals being inhaled whereby your body goes into RED ALERT MODE.....all hands on deck, we are being invaded by a whole host of toxic substances, red alert!!!

A Mighty thru warm/hot water should provide a big potent humidified experience.

There are experiences beyond a Mighty that can provide a super strong yet very pure vapor... but Mighty with water
should help.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Hey there ! Yes i know people that are struggling . Funny thing is ,yesterday a guy in your situation seeked my advice on the subject. So here are some things to consider that might be of help,please consider that i am not a scientist ,i just used information already avaiable and made assumptions.
First i want to make a few comments on smoking. Smoking has vaporizing involved in it,cause when the hot smoke travels to the rest of material,it vaporizes the non-combusted matter.You are getting some of the terps that are not destroyed in the area positined further away form the fire+ high temp vapor from the area closer to the fire + the toxic crap smoke from the fire itself which i believe has very little psychoactive value. In other words i suspect that smoking is only effective cause of the vaporization that occurs during the process.
Other than the active ingredients,they are many toxic ones. When they enter your system your metabolism slows down,cause it is trying to filter them. Slowing down the metabolism induces a sense of calmness and drowsyness which stack with the effects with some of the compounds present in the herb. Another thing that should be considered that heat also degrades and destroys the effects of the more stimulating compounds and it shifts the ratio towards the more drowsy/sedating ones.
Next thing i am going to talk about is the auto-agression. For me this is similar to enjoying slaps and asphyxiation during sex,it for sure can blend with the experience. So smoking (and probably also high temp vaping) cause some pain,which over time can blend as a part of experience,and this could become the only way you get full satisfaction or where you wanna be. If you are not familar with Pavlorian reflexes ,you can look the experiments of Ivan Pavlovic with a ringer and dogs and human pupils.Basicly you can make a dog salivate and pupil widen only by pressing a ringer. So smoking will be that ringer for many,cause they trained themselve into it with their routine. One can also become acustomed to having 6 ringers pressed at same time,inducing a unique state in which is the only one that fully satisfies him. I can imagine that eating,drinking liquor ,pinching your nipples while smoking/vaping can also blend into such state,if you do it enough times .
Now let's get down to the combination of smoking and vaping. What i have noticed that it makes hard smokers get into a coughlock and the heroic pulls most of the people here can manage are impossible for them. This is because vapor acts as an expectorant and body makes more fluid in lungs so you can get them clean.So it appears even more irritating to their lungs and they try to purge it even quicker than smoke and therefore getting even less effects,which are also less pronounced at the background of respiratory irritation. So in other words it is a lot of pain for nothing.
So here is the current situation. He owns a linx eden that gets ran trough his WP and everyone but his GF is getting high AF,and she always end up smoking after it.
So here is what i advise in situations like this.
1.Stop smoking .Break the habbit. Train yourself into a new healhier routine .
2.You can only vape,if you have the cravings. If you dont feel it and it makes you irritated,no sense in doing it.
3.: Eventually your tolerance will get so low that you will get blasted off any ammount .Microdosers have proven this over time.
4. Try to thing and feel about the changes that occur in your body,the way it makes you feel.Now that you have seen the other side of things and it starts to build into your new routine.
Try to figure out if you feel better now than you were when you were smoking .
It is very easy to get trained into something and very hard to forget it. I have read that meditation is all about forgetting. Consider yourself the dog from the Ivan Pavlovic experiments,try too look on yourself from outside and you will see that you have enter the Hotel California on your own free will and it is the only thing that is keeping you there :).

Last edited:

simplywonderful

I didn't see Mighty thru water. Get that dry Mighty vapor thru some hot water bubbler, That should be the first thing to try. No need to cool it but absolutely benefits from adding humidity to the vapor!

From joints, does she like miss "the big punch" or what effects??
I find most joint smokers , who say that vaping flower isn't as big a hit....really mean they miss that initial rush from
combusting cannabis or tobacky.
It is a rush from combustion, you have a combination of oxygen deprivation (that light headed/intoxicating feeling) magnified by dozens of toxic chemicals being inhaled whereby your body goes into RED ALERT MODE.....all hands on deck, we are being invaded by a whole host of toxic substances, red alert!!!

A Mighty thru warm/hot water should provide a big potent humidified experience.

There are experiences beyond a Mighty that can provide a super strong yet very pure vapor... but Mighty with water
should help.
What do ou mean by experiences beyond mighty? like an lsv with water rig or ?

simplywonderful,
Reactions: MinnBobber

MinnBobber

What do ou mean by experiences beyond mighty? like an lsv with water rig or ?
The Mighty is a great vape that one can use without any learning curve but I find other vapes more satisfying.....meaning more flavorful and a smoother vapor quality. I find the Mighty has a muted flavor, not bad but not as good/full/rich as some other vapes.

This requires top shelf flower that has the real goodness of course.

One example is the miniVAP thru a warm water hydra tube which delivers an extremely flavorful yet powerful vapor that has some added humidity . It is a treat to inhale that vapor.
A Mighty thru water can be as strong a session but won’t have the true true flavor.....but it warms up to temp in half the time etc- No perfect vape for everyone

Many smokers of cannabis miss the kick in the head effect, without all the toxic chemicals sending their body into speed emergency overdrive ( IMO vs someone said smoking = sedation??)

Smokers need to give vaping several tries and get the feel of a clear high.
It’s like a straight whiskey drinker who tries wine and says, does nothing. They need to give it a few tries and
savor the different experience.

Smoking cannabis is just so gross, after one truly experiences vaporizing flower. Yuck

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Many smokers of cannabis miss the kick in the head effect, without all the toxic chemicals sending their body into speed emergency overdrive ( IMO vs someone said smoking = sedation??)

I used to think all of this when trying to convince people to switch to vaping, but it can't explain why so many smokers love dabbing, which results in an even more pure and clean vapor experience than any dry herb device.

The irony is many dry herb only guys on this forum cannot stand extracts!

So what's really going on?

The only thing I can think of is bi-phasic response in relationship to tolerance. I've pointed out many times on here that vaporized herb is actually a concentrate; the active ingredients are concentrated into an aerosol while the inactive plant compounds are left behind as ABV. It's possible that the THC percentages are so high already just from regularly vaping flower, that frequent vaporists don't see as much of a difference when they take a dab compared to people who normally combust. Only issue with this theory is they did a study at Lieden University (the same Uni where Hazekamp performed the Volcano studies) and they actually found that combustion produced more cannabinoids than the Volcano did until they used high temperatures.

3-Figure2-1.png

uncanni

just not being able to enjoy the euphoria because she's too busy fighting for her breath afterwards?
For one thing, I think there's an inevitable transition period from smoking to vaping, and it's different for different people. Your wife needs to learn her way around her vape of choice, whether sips or slow, longer draws are better for her, what temps work best, etc. Vapes require a little bit of experimentation, whereas you always do the exact same thing with a joint.

For another thing, it seems like it might add some pressure on her if she thinks that she has to quit smoking for you; it would be better, of course, if it were entirely her choice.

Third, (I know I ain't supposed to talk about this here, but) you need to grow your own and never worry again about supply or top quality. Once you go home grown, you never go back. It's just too much pleasure.

howie105

Greetings everyone;

:zombie::zombie::zombie:I'm crawling out of my cave, finally.:wave: First thread, really inspired by a strange obstacle my wife is encountering. Right off the bat, I have to disclose that she prefers smoking flower. I have been exclusively vaping flower since 2012. So naturally, I have reached points of frustration when inventory gets low sooner than expected because she lights up and spoils away our goodies in smoke while she takes a rip or not. Actually shaking my head as a I type. :doh: :disgust::disgust:

Now she has always claimed that vaporizing hurts her lungs. We argued "the fact" after purchasing a pax for this very issue. She didn't like the sensation or shortness of breath after a pax hit. Now being an asthmatic myself, I couldn't argue it. the harshness did amplify my symptoms. But, then we followed the same steps with each vape we collected over the years. She would tolerate the experience, honoring my suggestions and tips over the years. And yet, still always favored her joints.

-pax-
-Pax modified with whip.

thanks in advance

Some folks never make the leap to vapes which is OK, as long as they have found their own way.

simplywonderful

The Mighty is a great vape that one can use without any learning curve but I find other vapes more satisfying.....meaning more flavorful and a smoother vapor quality. I find the Mighty has a muted flavor, not bad but not as good/full/rich as some other vapes.

This requires top shelf flower that has the real goodness of course.

One example is the miniVAP thru a warm water hydra tube which delivers an extremely flavorful yet powerful vapor that has some added humidity . It is a treat to inhale that vapor.
A Mighty thru water can be as strong a session but won’t have the true true flavor.....but it warms up to temp in half the time etc- No perfect vape for everyone

It’s like a straight whiskey drinker who tries wine and says, does nothing. They need to give it a few tries and
savor the different experience.

Smoking cannabis is just so gross, after one truly experiences vaporizing flower. Yuck
Great to hear that there are other options, honestly mighty on overall lasts me max 3-6 months then the chipping starts to be uneberable. You got great points, with combustion, the tar gives the extra hit, but a toxic one. Im now wondering if the extra kick from mighty is not from the aluminum chamber, after all they released the new volcano hybrid as medicinal device and it was releasing, shedding aluminum (like wtf) I can certainly felt very bad effects from smoking through aluminum foil + gravity bongs. That water does not do much filtering at all.
When I quitted smoking to get the true vaping experience I needed to fully give up smoking + working out sweating blood and tears while doing cardio, for about two weeks. Then when I tried vaping I was blown away :D btw during that detox time period of two weeks I got this nightly sweats. That tar is some real toxic shit. Ciggs are way worse but If somebody value their health, they will notice the difference between smoking and vaping.
just checked minivap, I checked it before, I now remember, which quite scared me was the usage of teflon as an element.

Last edited:
Top Bottom