Anyone struggling to "fuck combustion"?

Greenscreen

Yeah you're so much better than anyone who combusts. They are all morons and you are enlightened! Really though it's the same f'ing drug delivered it two different ways and you can abuse it either way! Really. Get over yourself.

Of course you can.

My point was the clouded foggy combustion stone is more prone to abuse then a vape high, due to the insightful nature of the vape experience, and the moreishness of a short lasting combustion buzz.

The nature of combustion based experience is more prone to escapism, then a vapor experience due to the cloudy dehabilitation the combustion component produces.

It's not the same drug either really.. the varying levels of carcinogens in burning plant matter produce a completely different experience to the low temperature actives produced by vaporizing.

If it was the same, then there wouldn't continually be threads like this one over the years, where people are lost on why vaping isn't working for them or others straight away.

I apologize if my post had an heir of superiority. It wasn't meant like that.

As I mentioned in the post, in recent times I found the best way to get through to tar chasers about vaping is too just concentrate on making the experience as comfortable and enjoyable for them as possible.

Let them smoke before, after or during, or when they want.

The answer is learning to accept that although their choice to combust is silly and wrong to us

To them at that very moment it feels nicer then a vape ever would in terms of getting the effects they wanted.

Instead of trying to induce an awakening there and then , one should just concentrate on enjoying themselves and helping others to control and enjoy their experience without it causing let or hindrance to others

Last edited:
Greenscreen,
Reactions: Bortz

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Yeah you're so much better than anyone who combusts. They are all morons and you are enlightened! Really though it's the same f'ing drug delivered it two different ways and you can abuse it either way! Really. Get over yourself.

Um. Are you okay? While I don't agree with everything @Greenscreen wrote, I don't think his point was to put himself above others and most certainly not above you personally.

Because vapor is dry but smoke is hot. You can always cool down smoke but you can't always add humidity to vapor.

And that makes no sense at all.

@Greenscreen - Thx for your input, enjoyed it a lot.

Greenscreen

I've just never been able to comprehend anyone who says that vaping flower is harsher than smoking flower.

Even from that first homemade shake-and-bake lightbulb vape I made many years ago as my first vape, vapor has ALWAYS been smoother than smoke. I just can't even imagine why anyone would find smoke less-harsh than vapor. And I spent a large portion of my life smoking both cigarettes and cannabis.

Imagine having a chest full of tar where your prone to coughing fits with thick mucus.

Now imagine hitting a vape that tickles the hell out of your chest and acts as an expectorant to open the airways to the point that you cannot stop coughing up thick tarry mucus in front of others...

If you don't have any tar on your chest or lungs however then you will have nothing to cough up / no tickly chest to contend with

There lies your answer of why they find it harsh and you don't I think

Last edited:

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Yeah, everyone will find themselves coughing when the throat and lungs have overcome the paralysis caused by smoke (usually the next morning).

Siebter,

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Yeah, it has been observed that smoke hinders the cilia to do their job (cleaning the respiratory system from particles etc.), to the point where they don't work at all. When we sleep that permanent attack is paused, eventually enabling the cilia to take care of said particles (which makes us cough, which is actually a good thing). Until we have our first cig / joint / bong of the day.

justcametomind

You will never find a vape that will make her feel like a joint does, starting from session 1.
In the first few weeks it takes willpower to stop smoking. She will always experience the lack of something if she doesn’t stick with a vaporizer for at least 2 weeks without combusting.

Last edited:

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
You will never find a vape that will make her feel like a joint does, starting from session 1.
In the first few weeks it takes willpower to stop smoking. She will always experience the lack of something if she doesn’t stick with a vaporizer for at least 2 weeks without combusting.

I'd say two weeks at the very minimum. I'd be more likely to say 2-weeks to a month at least for some.

Ramahs,

Kins

Ok here is one thing I don't understand. It seems you people who have been vaping a long time think you get more THC or more "extraction" while vaping compared to smoking. That doesn't make much sense since when you're done with your vape, you save the AVB because it still contains thc. When people are done with a bowl they empty it because it's ashes are there is absolutely no thc left in that. When you vape you choose a temp and usually vape at that temp because you want certain effects. With smoking you get all the effects of the thc and it hits harder because your temp is high enough to burn the weed. When vaping you have to turn your device all the way up and it still doesn't really burn the cannabis and I'm guessing is a lower than combustion temp. You obviously get more THC smoking and it'll get you higher and hit faster and harder than any silly vape.

Don't get me wrong I like vaping but saying it hits harder and the high will last longer is just asinine.

Kins,

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
@Kins – When we look at efficiency, we don't look at how much THC is left in the leftovers, but how much is beamed into our lungs and bloodstream. Pyrolysis destroys a decent amount of THC even before it could be inhaled. Now, even when taking the loss due to pyrolysis into account (about 20%) smoking *in theory* could be as efficient as vaping, but then there's the sidestream smoke which wastes up to 50% of THC – to be as efficient as vaping, you'd for example have to inhale a joint nonstop without leaving a stub. Not very practical.

Source: http://cannabis-med.org/data/pdf/2004-01-1.pdf

Being high is a very subjective thing too by the way. A lot of the experience is dictated by habituality, our expectations and some more. But when we talk about the numbers, vaping beats smoking easily.

Siebter,
Reactions: EmDeemo

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Ok here is one thing I don't understand. It seems you people who have been vaping a long time think you get more THC or more "extraction" while vaping compared to smoking. That doesn't make much sense since when you're done with your vape, you save the AVB because it still contains thc. When people are done with a bowl they empty it because it's ashes are there is absolutely no thc left in that. When you vape you choose a temp and usually vape at that temp because you want certain effects. With smoking you get all the effects of the thc and it hits harder because your temp is high enough to burn the weed. When vaping you have to turn your device all the way up and it still doesn't really burn the cannabis and I'm guessing is a lower than combustion temp. You obviously get more THC smoking and it'll get you higher and hit faster and harder than any silly vape.

Don't get me wrong I like vaping but saying it hits harder and the high will last longer is just asinine.

Personally, I stopped keeping my AVB because it was completely spent.

We arent a monolith all doing the same thing.

And yes, I now get higher than I ever did in my 20 years as a weed smoker.

Alexis

Personally, I stopped keeping my AVB because it was completely spent.

We arent a monolith all doing the same thing.

And yes, I now get higher than I ever did in my 20 years as a weed smoker.
I personally have always felt that pure, clean cannabis vaporization, is underrated and misunderstood, or perceived in the minds of daily weed smokers.

Like, it goes over their heads.

I used to smoke my weed for years. Sure I totally can relate to people missing something upon switch. Maybe I miss something about that weed/tobacco hit combination too if I am honest with myself.

But...honestly, I fell vaping is superior, in a psychoactive sense (and I'm not even talking about the monstrous difference in true medicinal potential here- something I have always been a passionate advocate for).

I look back and know that I would have had a real whail of a time, to have been using these great vapes back then when I was a smoker.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
I personally have always felt that pure, clean cannabis vaporization, is underrated and misunderstood, or perceived in the minds of daily weed smokers.

Like, it goes over their heads.

I used to smoke my weed for years. Sure I totally can relate to people missing something upon switch. Maybe I miss something about that weed/tobacco hit combination too if I am honest with myself.

But...honestly, I fell vaping is superior, in a psychoactive sense (and I'm not even talking about the monstrous difference in true medicinal potential here- something I have always been a passionate advocate for).

I look back and know that I would have had a real whail of a time, to have been using these great vapes back then when I was a smoker.

Agreed. Im so glad I stuck with it even tho my initial results were absolute shit, and I wish I'd switched years before. Hindsight. 20/20. All that shit.

Ive posted round here before about how vaping with a volcano and massively full bowls of pure hash and weed were doing next to nothing but giving me a headache. Took weeks, possibly months, before vaping properly kicked in.

Now I have to nap regularly from over doing it :)

Last edited:

Ramahs

Agreed. Im so glad I stuck with it even tho my initial results were absolute shit, and I wish I'd switched years before. Hindsight. 20/20. All that shit.

Ive posted round here before about how vaping with a volcano and massively full bowls of pure hash and weed were doing next to nothing but giving me a headache. Took weeks, possibly months, before vaping properly kicked in.

Now I have to nap regularly from over doing it :)

Agreed. And in addition to the much better taste, I love how the same amount of flower I used to smoke in a week now lasts me a month when I vaporize it.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Agreed. And in addition to the much better taste, I love how the same amount of flower I used to smoke in a week now lasts me a month when I vaporize it.

Taste. I cant believe I thought I could taste weed previously. I kinda give up when I hear smokers saying how lovely the weed tastes :)

But its one of those things, people dont know what they dont know.

EmDeemo,

Ramahs

Don't get me wrong, I don't judge people who prefer to combust. However others prefer to consume their cannabis is perfectly fine, as long as I can consume mine the way I prefer.

I still can't imagine preferring combustion over a good vaporizer for myself though.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Don't get me wrong, I don't judge people who prefer to combust. However others prefer to consume their cannabis is perfectly fine, as long as I can consume mine the way I prefer.

I still can't imagine preferring combustion over a good vaporizer for myself though.

Indeed. Each to their own.

Its just not until one is away from something for a while, sometimes, before we have a comparison. I really genuinely thought I could taste weed previously, but having combusted occasionally since, I know I was tasting a fuck load of garbage :)

Ramahs

Indeed. Each to their own.

Its just not until one is away from something for a while, sometimes, before we have a comparison. I really genuinely thought I could taste weed previously, but having combusted occasionally since, I know I was tasting a fuck load of garbage :)

Yeah, I've been vaping almost exclusively for about three and a half years ago now.

Periodically, every few months or so, I'll find myself at some friend's house who only combusts, and I partake in the occasional bong, blunt, joint, pipe hits via combustion...but everytime I do I'm always reminded why I prefer vaporizing. The smoke is soooooooo much more harsh and ashy tasting. And I smoked both cigarettes and cannabis for a large portion of my life in the past.

Okla68

After COMBUSTING for 48 years along with Cigarettes and a few years in the Commercial Demolition business, my lungs are Garbage. Bought my 1st vape (Airvape XS) going on 3 years ago Christmas time. Thought Id try Vaping to extend the remains of my lungs, yet, Not quit Cannabis.
I think Ive tried combusting 2-3 times since...NASTY, HOT, HARSH.
Best Switch Ive ever made ! (And I thought I was Tasting Cannabis before!)

shredder

I gave up combusting cannabis in 2014. Never had an issue or looked back. Not a bid deal IMHO and before that I smoked at least 5 big fatties a day.

Next came vaping, and micro dosing.

And I found concentrates and geared up for that although that killed micro dosing, lol.

Now the next step in my evolution. I'm giving up vaping. I've only vaped a limited number of times in months. And then it's just been concentrates.

I'm finding that I can do very well on edibles of different strengths and ratios of cannabinoids. My lungs feel so much better, and I'm not missing or jonsing that hot dry vapor.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer

I bet you would have a much more enjoyable experience vaping if you would have opted for something less regulated. Trying to "ride the wave" with a Crafty Plus is why you're not having a breakthrough experience.

Alexis

Exactly also. When I was at Swansea Uni in particular on prolongued stedent sessions, good weed was such an expensive drug. You had to be real stingy at times.

But to have quality Vaporizers in use would have greatly negated that.

Gunky

I combust hash every once in a while. If it's good hash it tastes good to me. Every once in a while on a trip or something I bring a joint because it's simpler. It tastes like shit as I'm sure you know. I have to admit there is some component of the combustion high that I like and miss a little. But then I vape some hash and it's ok.

Top Bottom