Anyone struggling to "fuck combustion"?

lazylathe

Almost there...
Again, why try and change your wife?
If you are a vegan and she likes meat, would you change her or vice versa?
If your wife likes a Prius and you a V8 gas guzzler, would you change and drive a Prius?

My wife prefers edibles over vaping, so I make her edibles and do not force her to vape because it is easier or cheaper.

People who like to vape don't like the taste of smoke anymore.
People who smoke, like the taste of the vapor but the effects are not what they require or are used to.

Everyone has their way of relaxing, medicating or just getting high.
Let them be who they want to be!

:peace:

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Again, why try and change your wife?
If you are a vegan and she likes meat, would you change her or vice versa?
If your wife likes a Prius and you a V8 gas guzzler, would you change and drive a Prius?

My wife prefers edibles over vaping, so I make her edibles and do not force her to vape because it is easier or cheaper.

People who like to vape don't like the taste of smoke anymore.
People who smoke, like the taste of the vapor but the effects are not what they require or are used to.

:peace:
Love is acceptance but also about compromise in the name of the greater good. Maybe he doesnt like his wife/gf breat afterwards,or someone stiking up the house,cause you know vapers hate combustion. Also if one truly loves another,he cares for his health. First thing before me and my gf ever became a thing was that i told her ,i dont feel like eating smoked meat and she had to make the hard choice ,but she is now and forever grateful for that .So i can imagine this can be an obstacle for such couples,and the lesser sacrife and the greater good is that she quits combustion, for both of them.
But again if it doesnt bothers you that her mouth smells like Chernobyl's chimney when you kiss her and (other things i imagine i will spare the audience )and you are not concerned about her health,and the overall impacts of smoking, then it is working, so dont try to fix it.
----------------------------------------------------
On a side note i have noticed great difference in the way bodies of vegans and meatlovers smell.. Been on the both sides myself,i could clearly noticed the change in my body odour. I have a very sensitive nose but also have heard this from other vegans,that they cannot stand the smell of non-vegans,especially when the weather is hot in the public transport and in the fitness and also other sweaty activities. So this could be a problem for many couples i imagine :).
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sharing the same smell is a way for animals to identify them as a group .For example when a new chicken is introduced to the henhouse , the others start attacking it . So some of the old people around here still remember a trick. You fill your mouth with grape brandy and you spitspray on them all,so they all smell the same and they accept the new chicken as their own. Kind of work with humans too,but you swallow it instead :D..

Last edited:

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
+ working out sweating blood and tears while doing cardio, for about two weeks. Then when I tried vaping I was blown away

yes! i think cardio has a beneficial effect on clearing the receptors for the next day's round of vaporizing. for me, 30 minutes of aerobics first thing in the morning on a calorie deficit, then several oz of tree nuts, and then my first hits of the day. sublime.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer

Man, if I had a dollar for every person I tried to force my vaping beliefs on!

Funniest thing is after 10+ years of vaping, the only one or two people that were truly convinced were the ones who actually expressed interest in trying a vape to begin with.

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
I'm a veggie, my girlfriend likes meat and I still like the way she smells. :-)

She made me stop smoking, but I'm very grateful that she made me do so. But in the end the only thing that mattered was that *I* wanted to stop smoking (when I found out how much better vaping is). Unless that's the case it just makes no sense to try to make up someones mind.

And even when I made that decision, it still took me a struggling half year to switch completely.

I don't think that's because of the actual effects of smoking vs. vaping. Oxygen deprivation seems very unlikely to me, most smokers I see do take regular breaths in between hits. :-) I also don't think that the toxins present in smoke have a psychotropic effect. „Alert mode“, I don't know... For me personally the effects of vaping were always much nicer than what joints gave me. If that wasn't the case, it wouldn't have made much sense to me to switch.

Psychedelic drugs involve mindfulness when it comes to „set“ and „setting“, we all know that. But we sometimes might forget that it comes into play with any kind of substance. When you drink wine, you want to use a wine glass, not a plastic cup, right? Why does it make such a difference? It's such an irrelevant detail. But it's not.

I think it makes a huge difference having a joint in your hand, enjoying the throat hit it gives you, watching the smoke swirl from the nicely glowing tip... instead of a blinking plastic box (for example).

I so struggled with both the Magic Flight Box and the DaVinci IQ, I enjoyed both, but they were far away from making me stop entirely. When I got my Dynavap M18 I instantly knew that it could replace the joints, because it gave me what I liked about joints: the throat hit, the shape, the ability to pause the session – irrelevant details after all, but they made the difference for me.

And nobody could show me that way but myself.

gratefulabe

I have similar spousal issues. We've been consuming for over 40 years. I've tried and given up on vaping flower in the past, but after some recent experience with doing dabs with an axial coil/banger, I thought I'd give it a shot again. I got a Runt, had some trouble getting consistent results, especially trying to get her to try it. A week later I ordered a Weedeater and can't see going to back to combusting much, but my wife still prefers it, I think it's primarily the ritual. She's even been getting annoyed at me for not combusting with her (the usual we don't have anything in common anymore whine), so I'll combust with her occasionally to be social, but it grosses me out now. I just can't get to vape, even though she will consume with other methods than combusting, edibles, tinctures, oil carts (only use full spectrum), etc.
I feel your frustration.

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
I feel your frustration.

yes, me too. my wife has a joint+ziti+bic preference despite having access to the full Bud Toaster experience, a really nice all glass vaporizer experience if i say so myself - keeps me satisfied.

part of it is having to wait a full 2 minutes for the first hit after turning it on - the bic is instant hit. she's not very patient.

Used2use

Sometimes to stupid to become a fool
That situation sounds like a perfekt justification to buy more vapes :D

For electronic desktops the plenty has a lot convincing potential, fully loaded it just won't stop 'talking' :brow:

On the (dark) butane side the sticky brick jr (inhaled butane combustion) is also a very good teacher for the difference between vaping and combustion - with immediate realization how bad it feels and smells when the line is crossed. Definitely needs some practice and attention to get it, but it's like learning to ride a bicycle - and after having learned to ride, it will still take some attention while riding, but can be done almost automatic eg even while drunk (at least most of the time :lol:)

idboehman

I was fortunate enough to start with vaping -- I don't remember how I learned about it, maybe from one of the forums I used -- regardless it resonated with me. There's a method of using cannabis that's much much stealthier and more efficient? Sign me up

Over the years I've converted a few people mostly because I either lived with them or hung out with them frequently, such as my roommate sophomore year college and my ex-gf.

I actually gave my old Da Buddha + a really nice beaker bong to some old roommates when I moved out but when I've come to visit the buddha is in the corner and they've been smoking out of the beaker :disgust: But it's their bong now, just sad to see the state it's in :( They're actually the people I want to convert the most since they smoke the most frequently (but not the most amount-wise) and it's out of absolutely disgusting pieces, as in, they change the bong water maybe once a week. Last time I visited I actually bought and had a vape shipped there so I wouldn't have to use their bong... They love one hitter bowls (since people have individual weed but communal ownership of the bong) but don't clean their gear nearly enough :disgust: Which is part of the reason I want to convert them to vaping! They could keep their way too infrequent cleaning schedule yet their pieces would be much much much cleaner!

One of them has asked me about vapes more than once and expressed interest in getting one but never follows through. I think to convert them I'd need to get them a vapcap (b/c "one hitter"-style and it hits hard) plus a water pipe adapter and maybe an IH. Vapcap also has the benefit of being incredibly easy to clean.

I guess this is longwinded way of saying I experienced the same thing @invertedisdead did, the only ones who have converted are the ones who expressed an actual interest.

lazylathe

Almost there...
@Scarpvape

Any updates for us?
2 pages of recommendations, suggestions, advise and opinions!

Any progress to this story?

gX6Uimn.jpg

Scarpvape

Hey guys, sorry for disappearing. I didn’t realize I got logged out of my account. And wasn’t receiving notifications. Didn’t know everyone chimes in. Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

As for an update, I don’t have a problem with her smoking in general. l do have a problem with replenishing inventory prematurely, and when it’s not in our monthly budget. That’s when the joints irritate me, they take a lot of product and it’s not frugal during our dire straits :D

But, she has admit that she LOVES the mighty. Says she does still crave a “J” every now and then. But, not all the time like before mighty days. So we shall see!!!

uncanni

l do have a problem with replenishing inventory prematurely
This is the big difference between vapers and smokers: once you start vaping, it's hard to believe how much bud is consumed in a joint or two. Not only that, but I have seen varying statistics about what percentage of the THC is immediately destroyed when it's set on fire. So one uses more and gets less when smoking.

Scarpvape

This is the big difference between vapers and smokers: once you start vaping, it's hard to believe how much bud is consumed in a joint or two. Not only that, but I have seen varying statistics about what percentage of the THC is immediately destroyed when it's set on fire. So one uses more and gets less when smoking.

Great key points for the debate. I’ll mention it if need be. For the time being, she’s vaping exclusively.

uncanni

For the time being, she’s vaping exclusively.
I wish her luck with that!!! I have a friend who just switched to vaping, and he loves his Arizer Solo II. It is indeed a matter of finding a vaporizer that the switcher likes.

I don't know all the details about combustion makes folks "feel higher," or so they say, but once I adjusted to the vape high, I realized how much cleaner it was, more cerebral and less heavy-headed.

Greenscreen

Brilliant thread

I was a massive tar chaser for years.
I tried a vape in Amsterdam and from there found this forum
None of my friends or me had experienced vaping before.
I became a vape head for a few years and was combustion free for a long time..
In this time I helped many others understand and try vaping.

I think it feels so good when your first free of those combustion toxins and first discover the secret wonders of vaping

Suddenly we think everyone we show it to will or should have the same experience as us.

It's also such a liberating and empowering experience to be free of all the carcinogens and tar from smoke...

And so high from all the actives in the vapor
Both, At the same time

We not only begin to change our weed routine / hahit, but we as people change.

I had spiritual awakenings close to that of mushrooms and hallucinogenics from the switch over from combustion to vape.

I was a bit of a close minded ego'd moron before vaping... Ignorance was bliss to me then. Banter an idiocy all around me.

After the switch over transition period to vaping, Suddenly my ego was lesser, I was more conscientious and caring, calmer, less irritable, more understanding, thinking about situations in detail rather then immediately deleting them from my head, a completely different person ....

As others mentioned they went from couchlock and eating chips under combustion stone every night..... Too cardio or meditation or yoga, before or after sessions.

The lifestyle change and awakening of the mind is huge from this experience.

So why doesn't everyone get the same as we had?
And why do some people "get it" and others not, others see it and understand it but can't apply it ! Etc

My theory is the answer lies with an addiction to escapism.

For years as tar chasers they have indulged in a stone, where they switched off from the world around them via combustion. (Similar to effects from a cigarette or an Alcholic drink or even a good TV program)

They are literally addicted to a zombified state of escapism.

Their tar addiction is literally a coping mechanism to help run away from all the thoughts they can't deal with at that moment, and It has been as long as they have been smoking

Resentments? Combust and forget
Bad day? Combust and forget
Past trauma? Combust and forget
Smoking more then you should? Combust and forget.

The vape high on the other hand there is no escapism.

Your spiritual mind and pscyhe is so open and alive from vaping that there is no switching off or escaping.
Any of the above combustion examples would all just sit in the open mind of the vape high and swirl around and around again until you either do something about it and change it, or get depressed and have a bad vape experience...

(The polar opposite of what a tar chaser is seeking in their high)

The self reflection of the vape high is huge , and the realities you try to ignore or escape will beam back at you even more with the vape.

Imho that's why I think there's people finding aromatherapy, yoga, meditation, mindfulness, pivotal life changes from vaping ....

It's because the vape helps our minds self reflect the truth, in the hope we will use these insights as tools for spiritual growth in our futures. IMHO

Not many are brave or intelligent enough to face that head on.

Many will simply prefer to return to the combustion world of anxiety free escapism, after all that's the simpler easy exit, right? Or so it seems to the tar chaser

I highly empathise with the OP

You should be proud you reached a place of spiritual enlightenment towards the vape and facing your battles.
Few do.

You are one of the lucky ones to reach this profound point of mental insight and high brain function. That's something you can be proud of.

Over the years I explained, introduced and showed many friends vaping.

I had a pretty good success rate of making intelligent people see the scientific stupidity of combusting compared to vapour.

Believe me when I say that I motivated the biggest tar chasers to get past that "switch over period" into the cerebral nirvana bliss of vape central.

The main component for me was dumbing down the science of what's happening ..

(Tar addiction, THC wasted in combustion, why the vape doesn't hit the spot for them, the switch over, the differences in temperatures, the difference in consistency's of vapors, the variations of strains and ways to vape them etc, THC is an expectorant tar in the chest causing the coughing etc)

As many were moderately intelligent there were many who did understand it all and fully agree with me

But unfortunately their addiction to these nasty toxic carcinogenic synths and for the aforementioned escapism, was greater then their want to change, or at least it was in time (old habits die hard)

The ones who did realize it and got over the switch over however..
There preference all stayed as vapor over smoke primarily.... Strange how that brain change can take place for some.

I do believe it correlates because of a battle of the mind between "the intelligence and understanding of the science of vaping" Vs "the desire / need / addiction to escape from life problems / trauma via combustion."

It's funny because now years on, I have absolutely no care or inclination to change anyone else; which is so different compared to when I was a fresh vape head, and thought everyone will experience what I did, if they just understand the science, or try this or that.

In regards to changing your girlfriends mind :

I would say that as a tar chaser she will be prone to resentment, frustration, irritability and general discontentment and other negative emotions.

Those negative emotions will exasperate when the vape is not hitting the spot that the combustion normally would be...

Perhaps concentrate on making her vape experiences as entertaining and fun as possible.

Try to help her enter the corridors of giggles, humour , excitement... get her out of the corridors of worry, anxiety and heightened arousal that a prangy vape high can produce when we are not used to it.

Do things with her whilst vaped, take her to places high, be extra sweet, make it unusual or different to her usual getting stoned routine so she notices the subtleties of a vape high

Do your best to support her and help her face it all.

I bet deep down her self esteem is so low because you are able to knock the combustion and she isn't... It's not nice the feeling of smoking more then we are meant too be or the feeling of not having control, nor the feeling of letting a partner down.

She will need all your love and support if she is ever going to be able to retrain her brain into the adjustment of vaping.

Treating her with disdain because of her struggles will only push her further into the seductive comforts of a quick tarry smoke and then further into the depressing guilt that follows that failure... It's a cycle in itself

Sorry for the long post and I hope it's not seen as a hi-jack

Mods feel feel to delete if it's considered too O/T

I'm just really pleased to be back vaping and on this forum again after all these years off

Reading this thread was seriously the best thing I have seen online for ages.
Really do love FC

Thanks to everyone for making it what it is!!!

Last edited:

Kins

Brilliant thread

I was a massive tar chaser for years.
I tried a vape in Amsterdam and from there found this forum
None of my friends or me had experienced vaping before.
I became a vape head for a few years and was combustion free for a long time..
In this time I helped many others understand and try vaping.

I think it feels so good when your first free of those combustion toxins and first discover the secret wonders of vaping

Suddenly we think everyone we show it to will or should have the same experience as us.

It's also such a liberating and empowering experience to be free of all the carcinogens and tar from smoke...

And so high from all the actives in the vapor
Both, At the same time

We not only begin to change our weed routine / hahit, but we as people change.

I had spiritual awakenings close to that of mushrooms and hallucinogenics from the switch over from combustion to vape.

I was a bit of a close minded ego'd moron before vaping... Ignorance was bliss to me then. Banter an idiocy all around me.

After the switch over transition period to vaping, Suddenly my ego was lesser, I was more conscientious and caring, calmer, less irritable, more understanding, thinking about situations in detail rather then immediately deleting them from my head, a completely different person ....

As others mentioned they went from couchlock and eating chips under combustion stone every night..... Too cardio or meditation or yoga, before or after sessions.

The lifestyle change and awakening of the mind is huge from this experience.

So why doesn't everyone get the same as we had?
And why do some people "get it" and others not, others see it and understand it but can't apply it ! Etc

My theory is the answer lies with an addiction to escapism.

For years as tar chasers they have indulged in a stone, where they switched off from the world around them via combustion. (Similar to effects from a cigarette or an Alcholic drink or even a good TV program)

They are literally addicted to a zombified state of escapism.

Their tar addiction is literally a coping mechanism to help run away from all the thoughts they can't deal with at that moment, and It has been as long as they have been smoking

Resentments? Combust and forget
Bad day? Combust and forget
Past trauma? Combust and forget
Smoking more then you should? Combust and forget.

The vape high on the other hand there is no escapism.

Your spiritual mind and pscyhe is so open and alive from vaping that there is no switching off or escaping.
Any of the above combustion examples would all just sit in the open mind of the vape high and swirl around and around again until you either do something about it and change it, or get depressed and have a bad vape experience...

(The polar opposite of what a tar chaser is seeking in their high)

The self reflection of the vape high is huge , and the realities you try to ignore or escape will beam back at you even more with the vape.

Imho that's why I think there's people finding aromatherapy, yoga, meditation, mindfulness, pivotal life changes from vaping ....

It's because the vape helps our minds self reflect the truth, in the hope we will use these insights as tools for spiritual growth in our futures. IMHO

Not many are brave or intelligent enough to face that head on.

Many will simply prefer to return to the combustion world of anxiety free escapism, after all that's the simpler easy exit, right? Or so it seems to the tar chaser

I highly empathise with the OP

You should be proud you reached a place of spiritual enlightenment towards the vape and facing your battles.
Few do.

You are one of the lucky ones to reach this profound point of mental insight and high brain function. That's something you can be proud of.

Over the years I explained, introduced and showed many friends vaping.

I had a pretty good success rate of making intelligent people see the scientific stupidity of combusting compared to vapour.

Believe me when I say that I motivated the biggest tar chasers to get past that "switch over period" into the cerebral nirvana bliss of vape central.

The main component for me was dumbing down the science of what's happening ..

(Tar addiction, THC wasted in combustion, why the vape doesn't hit the spot for them, the switch over, the differences in temperatures, the difference in consistency's of vapors, the variations of strains and ways to vape them etc, THC is an expectorant tar in the chest causing the coughing etc)

As many were moderately intelligent there were many who did understand it all and fully agree with me

But unfortunately their addiction to these nasty toxic carcinogenic synths and for the aforementioned escapism, was greater then their want to change, or at least it was in time (old habits die hard)

The ones who did realize it and got over the switch over however..
There preference all stayed as vapor over smoke primarily.... Strange how that brain change can take place for some.

I do believe it correlates because of a battle of the mind between "the intelligence and understanding of the science of vaping" Vs "the desire / need / addiction to escape from life problems / trauma via combustion."

It's funny because now years on, I have absolutely no care or inclination to change anyone else; which is so different compared to when I was a fresh vape head, and thought everyone will experience what I did, if they just understand the science, or try this or that.

In regards to changing your girlfriends mind :

I would say that as a tar chaser she will be prone to resentment, frustration, irritability and general discontentment and other negative emotions.

Those negative emotions will exasperate when the vape is not hitting the spot that the combustion normally would be...

Perhaps concentrate on making her vape experiences as entertaining and fun as possible.

Try to help her enter the corridors of giggles, humour , excitement... get her out of the corridors of worry, anxiety and heightened arousal that a prangy vape high can produce when we are not used to it.

Do things with her whilst vaped, take her to places high, be extra sweet, make it unusual or different to her usual getting stoned routine so she notices the subtleties of a vape high

Do your best to support her and help her face it all.

I bet deep down her self esteem is so low because you are able to knock the combustion and she isn't... It's not nice the feeling of smoking more then we are meant too be or the feeling of not having control, nor the feeling of letting a partner down.

She will need all your love and support if she is ever going to be able to retrain her brain into the adjustment of vaping.

Treating her with disdain because of her struggles will only push her further into the seductive comforts of a quick tarry smoke and then further into the depressing guilt that follows that failure... It's a cycle in itself

Sorry for the long post and I hope it's not seen as a hi-jack

Mods feel feel to delete if it's considered too O/T

I'm just really pleased to be back vaping and on this forum again after all these years off

Reading this thread was seriously the best thing I have seen online for ages.
Really do love FC

Thanks to everyone for making it what it is!!!

Yeah you're so much better than anyone who combusts. They are all morons and you are enlightened! Really though it's the same f'ing drug delivered it two different ways and you can abuse it either way! Really. Get over yourself.

Kins,
Reactions: BrianTL

Alexis

Greetings everyone;

:zombie::zombie::zombie:I'm crawling out of my cave, finally.:wave: First thread, really inspired by a strange obstacle my wife is encountering. Right off the bat, I have to disclose that she prefers smoking flower. I have been exclusively vaping flower since 2012. So naturally, I have reached points of frustration when inventory gets low sooner than expected because she lights up and spoils away our goodies in smoke while she takes a rip or not. Actually shaking my head as a I type. :doh: :disgust::disgust:

Now she has always claimed that vaporizing hurts her lungs. We argued "the fact" after purchasing a pax for this very issue. She didn't like the sensation or shortness of breath after a pax hit. Now being an asthmatic myself, I couldn't argue it. the harshness did amplify my symptoms. But, then we followed the same steps with each vape we collected over the years. She would tolerate the experience, honoring my suggestions and tips over the years. And yet, still always favored her joints.

After the stimulus checks I swore to get her to kick the toking, and finally start vaping.:bang: So she puts it this way, "You find a vape that makes me feel the way a joint does, without puffing on it forever, then I'll give it up." :cool: I gracefully accepted the challenge.

Just for reference, these are the methods I've exposed her to over the years.
-pax-
-Pax modified with whip.
-Lotus/grasshopper/vapcap/ natively and through bongs/percolators
-water pieces used were filled with the following all separately, one at a time. ice water/boiled water/earl grey tea(Boiled hot)/cranberry juice (ice cold)
-Lastly, the Mighty (natively)

Now, I'm writing today in defeat, because we got a new vaporizer. And I didn't take money into consideration at all. I focused on every damn year the Mighty rated highest performing portable vaporizer year after year. I hate to admit that she still coughs and gets shortness of breath. Where as I (the asthmatic, and pulmo-cheated, love the mighty. best vape experience I've EVER had.

Is there ANYONE at all? That perhaps has, a harder time with vaping to smoking it? I can't explain why with all that ive learned of the years. She loves the experience with the mighty. she prefers it to any previous experiences. But, I'm witness to her coughing and just not being able to enjoy the euphoria because she's too busy fighting for her breath afterwards?

thanks in advance
Sorry, I have not read through the thread,,am well cained and may be way off the mark here.

Is she still smoking tobacco! I believe in THC's expectorant properties, ESPECIALLY via vaporisation.

Healing hurts. I feel the bronchiodilating and expectorant action of the medicinal cannabinoids, may be ckearing out tobacco congestion and causing unpleasant, detoxing respiratory symotoms in the process.

If she does smoke tobacco still, then it may be a smoother transition once tobacco is discontinued.

Just a thought anyway, no meaning to patronize. Really hope you can help her find a way to switch permanently to vaporizing.

It is so much more medicinal for a start. Just takes a while getting used to. Good luck mate.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I've just never been able to comprehend anyone who says that vaping flower is harsher than smoking flower.

Even from that first homemade shake-and-bake lightbulb vape I made many years ago as my first vape, vapor has ALWAYS been smoother than smoke. I just can't even imagine why anyone would find smoke less-harsh than vapor. And I spent a large portion of my life smoking both cigarettes and cannabis.

Kins

I've just never been able to comprehend anyone who says that vaping flower is harsher than smoking flower.

Even from that first homemade shake-and-bake lightbulb vape I made many years ago as my first vape, vapor has ALWAYS been smoother than smoke. I just can't even imagine why anyone would find smoke less-harsh than vapor. And I spent a large portion of my life smoking both cigarettes and cannabis.

Because vapor is dry but smoke is hot. You can always cool down smoke but you can't always add humidity to vapor.

Kins,
Top Bottom