Any recommendations for a good 4 slot 18650 battery charger?

Md_Hybrid

Stuck under a 🪵
I have a TM2 incoming and as it's my first battery powered vape I need to pick up a decent charger as well - are there any FC favorites? I tried searching but couldn't really find anything - thanks in advance!

Md_Hybrid,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

oldfool

I've been happy with this.

511EYWoG3oL._AC_SX679_.jpg

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
For my personal usage, the SkyRC MC3000. But it’s expensive and complicated so I won’t bother with a link.

For my friend I recommended the Xtar VC4SL (link below). I believe it’s one of their NEWER models.
This bundle includes the appropriate USB power plug, allowing the most amperage to all 4 slots.
***I prefer Xtar over Nitecore (they do make good flashlights though).

badbee

I have a 2 slot Nitecore that charges at 0.5 A and wouldn't buy it again. It works fine but is sooo slow. The kind of cells we use can charge at 2 A with no stress on the cell. If I was to do it again I would spend more money on a charger that can charge at least 2 cells at 2 A each (beware of charges that list a high amp charge rate but that can only apply that to one cell at a time) and that has the ability to measure charge and discharge capacity.

Sorry I don't have an actual model recommendation...

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Had an Xtar VC4...crapped out after a couple of years, and now have a Nitecore SC4 for over 2 years and it works great, better than the VC4 as it can supply more power to each battery, especially when charging more than one battery at a time. I think you can also manually tell it to pump 3 amps into a single 18650 or cut off the voltage early but I just let it work out all the parameters by itself for me (It works out the battery type and charges it accordingly).
It also works from a 12v battery or accessory socket in a car which is handy.
Edit, found this,
SC4 User Manual. Features. • Maximum charging speed up to 3000mA. • Charging current from 300mA-3000mA is manually selectable.

Last edited:

DrJynx86

The Nitecore UMS4 (and possibly other USB) versions also can do 3A (Speedy Charge) but it only works if you supply 12v instead of 5v which is what most of the world will have for USB charger, and also the manual settings, the SC4 sounds amazing!

I prefer to have more batteries and charge them slowly, I even have a spreadsheet where I log all the charge amps and with 10+ batteries the rotation is so big that you almost never degrade them.

666Honeybadger

Unknown member
and now have a Nitecore SC4 for over 2 years and it works great,

That's great to read as i recently bought the SC4 as my first charger. I have to admit that i really knew nothing about chargers in general so i picked this one after some reasonable doubting...
Don't know why exactly but i wanted one with a normal power plug instead of USB only. So that was a big reason, also liked the 'plug&play' (or better plug&charge) function where it automatically selects the ideal voltage and stops when done...

Haven't used it a lot (or long enough) to judge it but so far i kinda like it... It's fast, it's easy.. 👍 But i have no reference to compare with so i am happy to hear that you still like it after 2 years!

Md_Hybrid

Stuck under a 🪵
Thanks to everyone for all of your suggestions! 👍 I still haven't ordered anything but after much deliberation I'm 99% sure I'm going to go with the XTAR VC4H. It will charge up to 2A*2 or 1A*4 and only costs $24 which includes a QC3.0 adapter. I'm also considering the VC4SL but not sure if it's worth the extra $9 just to be able to charge 1 battery @ 3A. I bought 3 extra batteries when I ordered the TM2 so I think having 2A*2 max charging output should be sufficient for my needs.

Last edited:

Squidge

Butane powered
Thanks to everyone for all of your suggestions! 👍 I still haven't ordered anything but after much deliberation I'm 99% sure I'm going to go with the XTAR VC4H. It will charge up to 2A*2 or 1A*4 and only costs $24 which includes a QC3.0 adapter. I'm also considering the VC4SL but not sure if it's worth the extra $9 just to be able to charge 1 battery @ 3A. I bought 3 extra batteries when I ordered the TM2 so I think having 2A*2 max charging output should be sufficient for my needs.
The VC4SL is more useful if you use 20700 or 21700 cells as the "L" signifies it's longer to more easily accommodate them. Yes, it's possible to use the shorter version but it's a tight squeeze.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I have one of these Nitecore Intellicharger i4 that I've had for years (at least 10 years or more), and it still works fine.

However, I'd like to upgrade to a newer charger with a screen, and one that has the battery revive function to run batteries through a number of up and down charges to revitalize batteries health.

Anyone have any suggestions? I'd like to keep at least four battery bays without having to downgrade to a model with only two bays.

GoldenBud

I have one of these Nitecore Intellicharger i4 that I've had for years (at least 10 years or more), and it still works fine.

However, I'd like to upgrade to a newer charger with a screen, and one that has the battery revive function to run batteries through a number of up and down charges to revitalize batteries health.

Anyone have any suggestions? I'd like to keep at least four battery bays without having to downgrade to a model with only two bays.

Top Bottom