• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Any Europeans on FC?

fangorn

It's funny as a request 🤣

I am not an expert ... I have used this only 2-3 times ... but I know that for Italians it is an art! "Don't wash it with soap, you're crazy!" I was told !!

In short, I'll give you the link to an article that should guide you ... (it's for a 3-cup bialetti ...)
After a quick read I imagine the grind size can play ... but again, I don't know anything about it !!

Good research to you!

im not a robot

My problem is very little coffee comes up to the top before it begins to sputter like it is done. But there is still a lot of water in the bottom and very little in the top.
the water usually only shoots up at the very end, when it starts to sputter, so this part seems right. but sounds to me like you are maybe using too much water? some of these machines have a marker-line in the top part of the machine which indicate how much water you should use (to then pour this in the bottom half). so yes, the water needs to be below the valve, but at least with my machine it needs to be well below the valve.
i have never used a big machine like yours (i have a 2 cup), but while the coffee that is produced is not a true espresso, it should still come out highly concentrated, so i always mix it with either hot water or milk (like you would an espresso shot w/ milk to have a cappuccino).

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
@BabyFacedFinster – First of all: it's „Espresso“, not „Expresso“. :-)

If you have an electric stove, I'd go for a „medium“ setting, not low (unless it's a gas stove), I'd also add warm water, not hot. Not sure if that makes a difference, but those are two parameters you can fiddle with – also make sure to fill up to right under the valve, not much lower (also not too much, as @im not a robot mentioned).

Maybe you are overthinking, though – what happens if you just keep the pot on the stove after it sputtered? I suppose it should just keep going soon afterwards.

Last edited:

Franco

is (most likely) vaping
Being Italian, I've drunk moka coffee literaly for decades, but in the last 10 years or so I've switched to an espresso machine (much better!).

The water should touch the valve and NOT being hot or warm. Just add water from the tap.
The oher huge factor, as @fangorn said, is the grind. In Italy we have specific grind for mokas, but lots of people use (and prefer) espresso grind without any issue.
Enjoy your cofee!!

el sargantano

Maybe you are overthinking, though – what happens if you just keep the pot on the stove after it sputtered? I suppose it should just keep going soon afterwards.
Counting on the right amoubt of tap water (hope it is not too hard water), I'll bet you turn the heat off too soon.
You can hear the 'soft bubbling' as the hot water goes up, but when there is no more water to 'climb' picking up coffee it's just air remaning. Then you can hear the 'loud bubbling' and turn off the heat, you're done.
You're able to check this by lifting the top to see the liquid level, be patient.
Think of the vapcap 'double clicking'

Edit: It could seem dirty not to use dishsoap in order to wash you coffemaker, but you want to build a kind of patina into your machine. You can scratch it, but it improves taste as time goes on.

Last edited:

Franco

is (most likely) vaping
Quick question I though maybe some of you guys can help me with:

Has anyone living outside Germany and Austria bought anything from Verdampftnochmal lately?
Their website says they only ship to Germany and Austria because of a new law enforcement or something.
I don't do social networks and the website doesn't show any email address (only a phone number, but alas I don't speak German).

The thing is I'd love to buy an old Vapman (made by Reneé) and they (Verdampftnochmal) have the cheapest I've found.

Any info is highly appreciated.
TIA

Franco,

Alexis

I dunno if this has been adequately established here already, but to the original question, I reckon it's gotta be thousands. (Of European members actually registered at least.) Anybody's guess. I bet a mod could check it maybe.

Europe is a large and prominent continent. Sometimes people forget the 300 odd million USA residents isn't the entire world lol. :)

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
Thank you very much!!

Unfortunately, there is still no way to contact them or to know anything about shipping to EU countries other than Austria.
I live in France. I have ordered many times. Postage was E10 by DHL or free over e100. Unless it's changed recently they ship.all.of EU.

Have you tried putting something in basket and going on to shipping?

In the past they have been a bit slow to respond to queries, if at all. But still a good shop. Never any issues....

Franco

is (most likely) vaping
I live in France. I have ordered many times. Postage was E10 by DHL or free over e100. Unless it's changed recently they ship.all.of EU.

Have you tried putting something in basket and going on to shipping?

In the past they have been a bit slow to respond to queries, if at all. But still a good shop. Never any issues....
Thank you!!!!!!
Yes, they eventually responded (and very quickly).

I didn't try to directly make a purchase because the Shipping costs page said that the EU shipping was temporarily suspended (apparently because of a new VAT law being enforced in Germany last summer).

Anyway, they confirmed they ship again to EU countries and removed the old rule from the Shippping costs page.

turin_testa

Also UK, West Yorkshire!

I live at number 23, High Street, He ... no wait... only kidding :freak:

Whether that constitutes being European any more is open to question, generally speaking we seem to have been shunned by our continental brothers and sisters, although on a personal level everything seems fine.

turin_testa,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Greek vaporent here!

I get the paranoia about doxing ourselves, and I have a healthy dose of it myself, but I seriously doubt any law enforcement agency monitors this forum :uhoh:!
Hey there ,neighbor ! The Stigma on the Balkans has always been strong, i thought Romania and Greece have it better ,cause they have CBD bud allowed,while in my country it is forbidden ,even though CBD extract is allowed..... Anyway hopefully one day EU decides to do something about it on a large scale and we can consider paranoia just an unhealthy thing.

vaporoufixtras

sigma vape enjoyer
Hey there ,neighbor ! The Stigma on the Balkans has always been strong, i thought Romania and Greece have it better ,cause they have CBD bud allowed,while in my country it is forbidden ,even though CBD extract is allowed..... Anyway hopefully one day EU decides to do something about it on a large scale and we can consider paranoia just an unhealthy thing.
Hey there yourself neighbor! What part of Thrace are you from if you're comfortable to share?

Regarding legalization, I think Germany is really going to push it. The cultural climate I think has matured enough where legislation can be reexamined. And the economical aspect is huge. That can be a great incentive in times of strained public expenses.
I think if Germany passes legalization, other EU countries will follow. It will be a great deal for certain economically challenged counties, like Spain and Greece, which also have great climates for growing.

Abysmal Vapor

Hey there yourself neighbor! What part of Thrace are you from if you're comfortable to share?

Regarding legalization, I think Germany is really going to push it. The cultural climate I think has matured enough where legislation can be reexamined. And the economical aspect is huge. That can be a great incentive in times of strained public expenses.
I think if Germany passes legalization, other EU countries will follow. It will be a great deal for certain economically challenged counties, like Spain and Greece, which also have great climates for growing.
Northern Thrace . Hopefully society is indeed matured enough,otherwise we will just have to outlive the part that is against it ,lol. :D
Greece has lovely climate ,i imagine it would be a great boost to tourism ,too :). I have so many favorite stoner bands from Greece,i can say you are for sure more culturally ready,than anyone else on the Balkans.

Last edited:

Abysmal Vapor

Looking at the current Wheat flour and sunflower oil freakout here in the EU. If anyone is interested i can trade him some for his high end vaporizer :D..... People are literally stampeding over each other and governments has to limit the ammounts you can buy,lol.. Here we even have someone died hugging a few bottles while waiting for his turn at the cashiers ...

Top Bottom