Any Downsides to the Vapcap? Anything you would change?

Status
Not open for further replies.

C No Ego

The grip that the cap has on the tip can easily be adjusted. Just gently squeeze the cap slightly out of round until you have fit you want.
thanks, I thought of that but was concerned that the metal being out of round will allow air influx around the edges of where it sits on the glass.. i'll try the two tips mentioned here from you and @needalift and between those two solutions will have it held down tight... thanks again

Edit- Woo Hoo! fixed! I bent the little digger inward some and in so doing it also made the cap ever so slightly out of round... it is on there for good now and will hopefully not fall off when it pops... Thank you so much!

Last edited:

Tommy10

Had a dream last night (strange took 3 weeks off been 4 weeks back on and still dreaming prior to the break hardly remembered a dream) where I bought a VC m..... In my dream I had no real concern either except I was having to give it a fair suck closed carb. Dunno how the correlates to the real world but I'll happily dream of vapcaps anytime.

MrMonss

@biohacker like the quote in your sig about Fanboyism. BTW. ;) Stay skeptical, but remain optimistic. This thread has helped me get a broader picture of how users are getting along and a deeper discussion about the safety and materials used.:peace:

Heyyo,
It must be the third or fourth time that I see this allusion to Biohacker's signature, as an image about the VacPac thread but i don't see anything.. Can someone enlighten me ?

Last edited:

howie105

Heyyo,
It must be the third or fourth time that I see this allusion to Biohacker's signature, as an image about the VacPac thread but i don't see anything.. Can someone enlighten me ?

Why not PM the people who posted the references you are confused about and get a direct answer? Otherwise you are going to get peoples interpretations of a second parties interpretations of a third parties signature, good luck with that.

MrMonss

Why not PM the people who posted the references you are confused about and get a direct answer? Otherwise you are going to get peoples interpretations of a second parties interpretations of a third parties signature, good luck with that.

hahaha I see what you mean..
But it's just because I see them in a public part.. but ultimately it's no big deal, i might just miss a reference or a joke that I don't have..
I'm not on that train :)

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
hahaha I see what you mean..
But it's just because I see them in a public part.. but ultimately it's no big deal, i might just miss a reference or a joke that I don't have..
I'm not on that train :)
Here you go @MrMonss - enjoy.
Fanboyism is a paradigm in that one deceives oneself, and attempts to deceive others by forcing their utopian ideals and attitudes on them, resulting in subsequent displays of grandeur, rigidity, denial, and finally, anger.

I/m the same way... sitting back and sipping a session vape is like fine Wine to be savored slowly... the vap cap is like a stick shift that needs to be manually operated... for folks who just want to manually work it,they love it but others just want to pack it and forget it til it stops producing vapor
I really like that analogy. And like a stick shift, it takes more to understand how to drive, but there are multiple driving skills that can be achieved with a stick shift. :nod: Like when the alternator doesn't work so you push the car downhill to get it started. Can't do that with an automatic drive. Did I mention before that I'm not fond of car analogies? But it actually fits here. :2c:

I also believe it isn't so much a session vape and the shots-beer analogy fits. If you go in with the attitude that you will get medicated, it will get you there. If you in for the taste like a beer drinker, then perhaps clouds and getting the best flavor is on the farther end of the skill level. I would be more hesitant to recommend a VC to them without mentioning the learning curve more.

Lately, I'm starting to think that some mouth draws means that the vapor is going from it's invisible to visible state inside the mouth instead of that small volume between the condenser being the area where that occurs. Just too crowded for that type of reaction to occur. Any mod that played with the air restriction or throat has made it easier to acheive visible clouds for me. Buy YMMV and your method may vary.

I''ve been faked out and taken draws not thinking I got anything, then I exhale and surprised by how much vapor I've exhaled.

After I've had my 'M' for more than a full two weeks beforehand, I can declare it fully a microdosers tool for fucking over that old demon Combustion. :peace:

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
Heyyo,

You probably don't see it because your on the mobile platform for the site. When I am on my laptop or iPad I can see everyone's Signatures.

OT: I wouldn't mind if the DV made a more group friendly version. Bigger bowl, longer time between clicks, more thermal storage for more back to back hits. Then you could heat it up and pass dat bitch like a joint!

florduh

Just wanted to chime in. I too dislike tight draw restriction, and this was my least favorite part of the VapCap. However, I moved the O-ring on my condensor to cover 80-90% of the carb hole. On my first hit, without fiddling with the carb, I got a mouthful of thick flavorful vapor, great taste with a huge cloud.... and little draw resistance resulting in ABV that was mostly still green.

I was skeptical given the cult following... but the hype is at least somewhat justified. The VapCap isn't perfect but it is an amazing performer especially for the price paid.

little maggie

My main negative is that sometimes the click takes too long and the herb combusts. That doesn't happen with the first lighting- more the second or third. I haven't figure out if that happens when I'm using a specific stem or not. I often just don't wait for the starting click and count to 10.

little maggie,

damm

My main negative is that sometimes the click takes too long and the herb combusts. That doesn't happen with the first lighting- more the second or third. I haven't figure out if that happens when I'm using a specific stem or not. I often just don't wait for the starting click and count to 10.

How long do you wait between the lightings? I heard you need to wait at least 30-60 seconds before each time.

Not a VapCap user

BaroneBarra

How long do you wait between the lightings? I heard you need to wait at least 30-60 seconds before each time.

Really?
I usually heat it as soon as I hear the cool click, and it's ready to go in 5/6 seconds. I think - still new to this but it seems this way - that the sessions that give me the most clouds are the ones where I reheat the cap for the second or third time in a row.
Where did you read this?

Tommy10

The inner me wants to declare suggesting VC downsides as high treason although obviously nothing's perfect. All the down sides for the vapcap (other than breakable glass but welcome to the world of stoned) to me come down to preference. Knowing what it does, is meant to do and given the size it's done in I don't think there is really much inheritenly wrong with the VC in the terms that some other vapes may have common faults or glaring flaws.
I'd say of all the vapes I've owned I've felt this way for the VC and the Herbalaire. Another vape I personally believe apart from personal preference and different needs and requirements to be 10/10 in design and function.

The Beagle

Bubbles & Bags
My main negative is that sometimes the click takes too long and the herb combusts. That doesn't happen with the first lighting- more the second or third.

In my experience it can happen during the second or third cycle even if you respect the click if the cap cools down significantly quicker than the tip. Last time it happened to me I removed the cap with a magnet to stir between cycles and it clicked twice but the tip stayed pretty hot so when I went for another hit... smoke.

CuckFumbustion

If you respect the cooling click, you can reheat back to back. "Click to click". As soon as you hear the cooling click, you can immediately reheat to the next heat up click.

Squiby

Not at all.
I get 2 -3 heating cycles per load. At the heating click I toke for maybe 10 - 15 seconds and the cooling click comes within a few seconds after that. I then immediately heat to the click again, toke too the cooling click and repeat for a final cycle. The entire activity from loading the Vapcap to dumping the ABV takes about a minute max using a jet lighter, unless you are lallygagging around and doing other stuff between cycles. The Vapcap is very fast, easy and efficient.

In terms of heating times:
A bic lighter or soft flame takes the longest time to heat the Vapcap at around 25 seconds.
A single jet lighter takes up to 15 seconds.
A quad jet lighter takes around 4 seconds and 2 -3 jets somewhere in between.

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Here you go @MrMonss - enjoy.
Fanboyism is a paradigm in that one deceives oneself, and attempts to deceive others by forcing their utopian ideals and attitudes on them, resulting in subsequent displays of grandeur, rigidity, denial, and finally, anger.

I really like that analogy. And like a stick shift, it takes more to understand how to drive, but there are multiple driving skills that can be achieved with a stick shift. :nod: Like when the alternator doesn't work so you push the car downhill to get it started. Can't do that with an automatic drive. Did I mention before that I'm not fond of car analogies? But it actually fits here. :2c:

I also believe it isn't so much a session vape and the shots-beer analogy fits. If you go in with the attitude that you will get medicated, it will get you there. If you in for the taste like a beer drinker, then perhaps clouds and getting the best flavor is on the farther end of the skill level. I would be more hesitant to recommend a VC to them without mentioning the learning curve more.

Lately, I'm starting to think that some mouth draws means that the vapor is going from it's invisible to visible state inside the mouth instead of that small volume between the condenser being the area where that occurs. Just too crowded for that type of reaction to occur. Any mod that played with the air restriction or throat has made it easier to acheive visible clouds for me. Buy YMMV and your method may vary.

I''ve been faked out and taken draws not thinking I got anything, then I exhale and surprised by how much vapor I've exhaled.

After I've had my 'M' for more than a full two weeks beforehand, I can declare it fully a microdosers tool for fucking over that old demon Combustion. :peace:

Pretty harsh definition of Fanboy. I consider myself a fanboy of several vapes - VCs being one. This doesn't mean I deceive myself or others (tho, maybe I do?), but that I am an enthusiastic fan that truly enjoys the products to sometimes obsessive and overexcited levels. I see and acknowledge the downsides (including many in this thread), but am quick to defend the company - as I recently did in the main VC thread with whinings about process materials (milling oils) needing to be cleaned out before use.

Having to clean your VC before use is also a downside that I don't think has been mentioned in this thread (tho maybe I missed or forgot it), but I tend to clean anything before I stick it in my mouth if it hasn't been packaged as something clean enough to put in your mouth (like most food). I think it prudent for all to do the same, and find those who don't lacking common sense. Does that make me a fanboy of your definition (subsequent displays of grandeur, rigidity, denial, and finally, anger)?

IMO you gotta learn how to use the VC to avoid this. The tip retains heat both TI & SS. If you're blowing through a few loads and hitting it frequently (like with 2 people), the tip probably isn't cooling all the way between loads - although the cap may be. When things get hot, I try to concentrate heat further out on the cap and have found this virtually eliminates the problem. Or, you can give your VC a 2 minute break and let the tip cool all the way down.

Similarly, if you're combusting on the first load, try changing your heating spots. Heating in different places is key to best function of VCs and is explained many places throughout the thread and in one of George's vids.

If you respect the cooling click, you can reheat back to back. "Click to click". As soon as you hear the cooling click, you can immediately reheat to the next heat up click.

Yep, but depending on your material, your lighter, and your heating method, things can get pretty "roasty" by that 3rd or 4th heating on a load. A quick stir, or dump and crush of tiny nugs, can really help extract everything on that 4th hit without combusting. This gets me to coffee brown ABV without combusted material or even any black flecks.

Last edited:

MrMonss

OK.. Fanboyism looks to be more a cultural reference that does less exist here (France). I still a VapCap & Herborizer TI fanboy but don't really care about the choice of people..
To return to the subject when I see the quality of used toilet paper to pack fragile parts of VapCaps i feel mine looks more to sanding paper..
Wich i could find the same here.

Last edited:

Squiby

Yep, but depending on your material, your lighter, and your heating method, things can get pretty "roasty" by that 3rd or 4th heating on a load.

I agree with everything @flotntoke says.

Specifically regarding material, you need to be aware of the moisture content of your herb. Most of mine is stored in vacuum packed mason jars along with a Bodeva pack. Vapcap loads of this material can be savored through several flavorful hits and it can take higher chamber temps.

On the other hand I have some herb that I vape when soaking in the tub while reading a good book. This herb is in a jar with a loose fitting lid. It's dry as can be and can't tolerate high vaping temps or even several cycles. It's usually spent by the second cycle.

Humidity makes a big difference in how you vape your herb.

Last edited:

Baron23

I usually heat it as soon as I hear the cool click, and it's ready to go in 5/6 seconds. I think

With my OG, I reheat almost immediately after the cool down click and do not combust. No need to wait AFAIK.

Pretty harsh definition of Fanboy. I consider myself a fanboy of several vapes - VCs being one.

I think there is a distinction between being a fan of a vape and a vape company and what we tend to derogatorily refer to as fan boys for whom, wrt their favorite vape, no negative fact can be allowed exist and no negative voice can allow to be heard without vigorous challenge.

CuckFumbustion

I consider myself a fanboy of several vapes - VCs being one. This doesn't mean I deceive myself or others (tho, maybe I do?), but that I am an enthusiastic fan that truly enjoys the products to sometimes obsessive and overexcited levels.
There is fan, fanboy and fanatic. Hope we didn't touch a nerve there. @flotntoke ;)If you were the type of fanboy-fanatic of only one vape and closed yourself off of the possibility of other vapes, then you would be closer to the fanboy(read as fanatic) in the quote. IMHO :D

Otherwise Ride that wave of enthusiasm, obsess over your newly discovered vape and revel in your excitement. I definitely was on one of the cable cars on the hype train riding with fanboys, fans and newcomers during the crazy 4/20 VC sale and had fun watching others going back for seconds before finalizing their first order. Or people buying VC's for their friends. That is the type of fanboy enthusiasm I like. :tup:

Yep, but depending on your material, your lighter, and your heating method, things can get pretty "roasty" by that 3rd or 4th heating on a load. A quick stir, or dump and crush of tiny nugs, can really help extract everything on that 4th hit without combusting. This gets me to coffee brown ABV without combusted material or even any black flecks.
I should add the disclaimer to everything about the VC is a YMMV x Your method may vary to be fully accurate. I find if the materials are to close to the cap as another thing that will get you closer to the roasty side. Perhaps convection? How much you pack being another variable.

It certainly dries thing differently than the other vapes.:nod: I usually inspect my ABV after the third draw out of habit, So I haven't gotten too close to combustion by the click to click method. Although there is some heat retained in the tip in between those clicks to keep in mind. If you are riding a little closer to the edge. I never combusted or had corners blacken, if I don't fill it too full and go click to click. But it's only been two weeks for me. Fingers crossed. :nope:

Honest downside- Tiny parts that can be easily lost.:ugh: I lost my cap and found it earlier. If there was a place in the VC that you can keep an extra ring or backup screen, that would bring me that much closer to a fanboy-enthusiast.:bowdown:
The whole idea behind the cap is great. Now If they could come up with a cap that is designed to stay on, but allows you to dump your ABV and refill would be the next evolutionary step for the VC IMHO. :zzz:
:peace:

snackmaster

If it were up to me I'd change the mailing envelopes dynavap uses. Totally get the shiny colored packaging from a branding/marketing perspective, but IMO they're not at all discreet. I thought I'd read somewhere on the site that they can ship in a plain envelope if it's requested, but I'm having a hard time finding it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom