Anvil by Vestratto

coolbreeze

i use the magnet from the anvil tube case.
hold the bowl with the magnet to screw it out, load it, and screw back it in.
you cannot over tighten it with only the magnetism and it makes loading the hot bowl a piece of cake.
I just use the magnet in the grinder the same way for the same reason. It's also convenient to load from there, of course.

David Root

Now I use the wand..... 65 seconds, forget the clicks, they change as the batteries go down. Dark roast

60 seconds which is when it would second click with 1/2 charge gives a medium roast.

I found by holding my ear close to the wand, at about 45 seconds, I get this beautiful aroma rising out of the ports of the anvil. Mmmmm
I can smell it before it clicks. Mmmmm

It always clicks twice with the wand. Not so with the torch.

David

OK, OK, You won't get the aroma with a torch, all you will do is burn your hair. I did not find out. :)

Just had to put the warning for anyone who is anviled.

Comfortably Numb

Do you guys know if Vestratto will be selling the battery and charger or will those who get the Forge have to purchase elsewhere?

Comfortably Numb,

Comfortably Numb

Yes sir...I am aware of that...I have been shopping Home Depot for weeks....you can get some good deals if you keep up with their regular and pro sale ads
From what I have seen I believe Milwaukee may be the only choice...you may not find many local hardware stores to carry that brand

Comfortably Numb,

dman28

Vaping for the health of it.
I am in Ottawa Canada and they are in abundance here in the stores locally. You could shop the internet as well.... Amazon, etc...

Roffa

I am in Ottawa Canada and they are in abundance here in the stores locally. You could shop the internet as well.... Amazon, etc...
Europe is another matter though. And if that is the only brand that fits, I'm looking elsewhere. A shame though.

Roffa,

leanpubpackage

i’ve been seeing some cold start talk with the forge. I had a thought on how to cold start using torch that I will try this weekend

If you have a terpometer, read the oven temperature at your desired click with the bowl in place

use this temperature as your baseline for cold start heat ups without the bowl. you can probably get away with using a big shot sized torch for faster heat up since the bowl is not in the oven

adjust the temperature as needed for roast levels.

do not screw the bowl on tight with cold starts, especially with the thermocore. it will likely lock

cheers

David Root

I AGREE, A COLD BOWL IN A HOT OVEN TIGHT IS ASKING FOR TROUBLE .

SCREW IT IN, THEN BACK IT OUT A LITTLE.

I find no need for cold starts. To each his own.

David

David Root,

delta hotel

Got my thermocore, condensor, and XL tube cap in today. I haven't tried the thermocore yet (about to!) but I've been using my old oven for 2 years now, that I forgot how shiny the new ovens were! It's an Anvil oven, so I'm sure it performs just as well as my original does.

The thing that I'm not digging is the XL tube cap. I was going to leave an oven on my WPA and one on my stem. I've always put the stock mouthpiece back on the stem for the tube because I didn't have the cap. Well, now I can leave the XL mouthpiece on when I travel with the tube, except the experience with the XL cap kinda sucks.

The magnet in the lid grabs the oven/bowl just fine and lowers down into the tube and tightens/closes. Opening it though and removing the Anvil is another story. The bowl comes unscrewed from the oven and stays stuck in the lid EVERY TIME so far. This means you have to screw the bowl back into the Anvil then pull it off of the magnet, but you have to pull so hard it pulls the oven off of the stem. It works to house and move it all I suppose, but not excited about having to reassemble and carefully remove everything every time I open it. I could just grab the old configuration out much easier. I was looking forward to being able to carry it in the XL configuration, and I can, it just takes some tooling everytime I'll want it, and it may be hot, which won't help.

EDIT: The Anvil has been my go to for the past 2 years or so and I figured I'd get another oven for the convenience of stem and WPA without swapping the ovens back and forth, but the thermocore really is impressive. It stays hot so much longer, I'm impressed.

Last edited:

isaar91

Do you notice a difference in how fast or slow the vhb heats the coppercore oven specifically? Just picked one up off the exchange and am wondering if I should’ve gotten the duracore/thermocore for an IH. If you’re saying it works the same with all ovens then I won’t worry about it. I’d appreciate anyone else’s feedback on this as well
I own a VHB 3D, and VHB 3DS. All ovens fit and work freaking fantastic will my 3D and 3DS, doesn’t matter, coppercore, duracore and thermocore ovens. You can wait for the forge to be released which has more power and a faster heat time or if youre not concerned about heat time, like me, then get a VHB, you wont be disappointed either way.

isaar91,

isaar91

Anyone try the Anvil w/ a Simrell high flow vortex insert? About to buy an anvil and that’s the best stem I’ve got right now. Wanna know if it cools well enough or if I absolutely need the XL vortex insert. Also need to know if the mouthpiece of a Simrell (rifled vortex) stays cool enough while using the anvil. I can rig a heat sleeve for the body if necessary. Also have a deal on a revolve gen 2 but don’t know if that’s needed either

Last edited:
isaar91,

Sidoney

Hey guys, got my Anvil with the Thermacore last week and am loving it! I also have the WSA USA and have a question about stems.

What do I need to look for when shopping for compatible stems? In terms of:

1) How do I know what's compatible, like what do I need to look for?

2) What factors matter when looking for compatible stems? As far as cooling, air flow etc.

This is the first manual vape I've had so I have nothing else to compare it to (although it's hitting close to my T360 while using a fraction of the flower lol).

Appreciate the help!

Last edited:

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
Anyone try the Anvil w/ a Simrell high flow vortex insert? About to buy an anvil and that’s the best stem I’ve got right now. Wanna know if it cools well enough or if I absolutely need the XL vortex insert. Also need to know if the mouthpiece of a Simrell (rifled vortex) stays cool enough while using the anvil. I can rig a heat sleeve for the body if necessary. Also have a deal on a revolve gen 2 but don’t know if that’s needed either
I started with a Simrell Vortex, a Revolve Gen 2 and a Anvil USA

I later got a integrated stem and XL mouthpeice - but its not about cooling its about balance and how it feels in your hands.

The vortex vs the integrated stem - honestly its not overly different - that I remember (its been a couple of months since I have used the Anvil)

The Revolve Gen 2 was definitely cooler - noticeably so - I used that for a while with the Glass sleave (as I don't like the titanium body's shape) but you don't need that cooling - the Vortex or the stock stem are both good enough, its a little warm especially with the ThermoCore but so is the native stem.

Hey guys, got my Anvil with the Thermacore last week and am loving it! I also have the WSA and have a question about stems. What do I need to look for when shopping for compatible stems? In terms of:
Do you also have a USA? there are a few wood heat shields and there a stem that's a variation on the Dani stem but I haven't found many full replacements for the stem without using the USA.

Sidoney

Do you also have a USA? there are a few wood heat shields and there a stem that's a variation on the Dani stem but I haven't found many full replacements for the stem without using the USA
Yes I meant USA sorry! Merged WPA and USA hahaha.

And thanks I'll have a look at those stems!

Sidoney,

condition

I have the MVS with flat mouth piece and high Flow cooler.
With the help of the USA, Anvil is nicely attached to the Vortex and you can easy use it this way. The WPA is Anvil's most important accessory, for me.

SockPuppetTheatrics

Got my thermocore, condensor, and XL tube cap in today. I haven't tried the thermocore yet (about to!) but I've been using my old oven for 2 years now, that I forgot how shiny the new ovens were! It's an Anvil oven, so I'm sure it performs just as well as my original does.

The thing that I'm not digging is the XL tube cap. I was going to leave an oven on my WPA and one on my stem. I've always put the stock mouthpiece back on the stem for the tube because I didn't have the cap. Well, now I can leave the XL mouthpiece on when I travel with the tube, except the experience with the XL cap kinda sucks.

The magnet in the lid grabs the oven/bowl just fine and lowers down into the tube and tightens/closes. Opening it though and removing the Anvil is another story. The bowl comes unscrewed from the oven and stays stuck in the lid EVERY TIME so far. This means you have to screw the bowl back into the Anvil then pull it off of the magnet, but you have to pull so hard it pulls the oven off of the stem. It works to house and move it all I suppose, but not excited about having to reassemble and carefully remove everything every time I open it. I could just grab the old configuration out much easier. I was looking forward to being able to carry it in the XL configuration, and I can, it just takes some tooling everytime I'll want it, and it may be hot, which won't help.

EDIT: The Anvil has been my go to for the past 2 years or so and I figured I'd get another oven for the convenience of stem and WPA without swapping the ovens back and forth, but the thermocore really is impressive. It stays hot so much longer, I'm impressed.
I feel way better knowing I'm not the only one struggling with the XL cap. I don't think I've managed to unscrew the bowl inside the cap, but I've definitely pulled the stem off the oven a bunch of times. There's barely enough oven to grab onto, and it requires a decent amount of force.

I've taken to flipping the Anvil around (mouthpiece toward the cap) if I'm storing it cold after loading or unloading and only orienting it as intended if I'm putting it away hot.

SockPuppetTheatrics,

Cannabiker

I feel way better knowing I'm not the only one struggling with the XL cap. I don't think I've managed to unscrew the bowl inside the cap, but I've definitely pulled the stem off the oven a bunch of times. There's barely enough oven to grab onto, and it requires a decent amount of force.

I've taken to flipping the Anvil around (mouthpiece toward the cap) if I'm storing it cold after loading or unloading and only orienting it as intended if I'm putting it away hot.
I just stick a small wad of cotton in the cap. It gets flattened in there over time, and it damps the force.

AndyO

I'm looking at getting an Anvil - I could go with the oven and USA adapter and just use it with my Revolve stem.

But I'm thinking I might just buy the stock Anvil with native stem and mouthpiece to use with a bubbler. There's no benefit to the USA adapter if I'm getting the whole kit, right? The stock mouthpiece will fit in a bubbler?

What other accessories should I be looking at other than a double size bowl, XL mouthpiece and case?

I will probably get a Wand eventually, but I have a Yll 2.0 that I use with my Dynavaps, and I generally prefer using the blowtorch.

Top Bottom