Anvil by Vestratto

Choices

Vestratto site lets you stack codes so be sure to add code “free shipping” as well if your order exceeds $125…

harmando

Thermo locked my anvil with full bowl. Tried to heat it and won't unscrew, tried Allen key with no luck, feels like I'll strip the hex if I try harder with an Allen. any advice?

harmando,

David Root

YES heat the oven again. Get it as hot as yo can and it will spin right out with the wrench.
don't burn your self.

You will need to hold the oven with something. Leather?

At the oven gets hot, it expands. Which is a hole. The bowl expands as a "bar"

So think of the outside of the oven as a straight line. Its 1/2" oven, so the length of the part you are warming up is 1.57" (circumfrence)
then the length of the bowl is 1/2" thisis the Diameter.

The oven expands more than the bowl as it heats up.

Same as it cools down, that is how it locked in the first place, the oven shrunk more than the bowl. It started out hot and snug.

David

leanpubpackage

looks like others are experiencing the thread locking with the thermocore. I wonder if it's due to the added mass...

What I loved about the duracore was how refined everything was. The locking in the thermocore is triggering probably an unwarranted agita

leanpubpackage,
Reactions: Sour Dream

Ariwe

This was absolutely my issue! Thanks everyone who mentioned heating past the clicks on the wand.

Since Friday night I've messed around a bunch with timing. I found that setting the wand to 765F and just letting it time out gave me a perfect (for my tastes) one hit extraction. The clicks are a bit inconsistent, sometimes they'll happen before the light stops blinking and othertimes it's after...so using the wand timer instead has given me awesome results.

Thanks for this! I started adjusting the timer on my Wand instead of counting the pulses.
For me, 690F with the XL Bowl / Thermocore is a perfect dark roast. I started at 745F but it was too RTL for my preferences.
I set the Anvil on a bubbler and have the top 1/4" sticking out the top for reference.

Ariwe,

harmando

YES heat the oven again. Get it as hot as yo can and it will spin right out with the wrench.
don't burn your self.

You will need to hold the oven with something. Leather?

At the oven gets hot, it expands. Which is a hole. The bowl expands as a "bar"

So think of the outside of the oven as a straight line. Its 1/2" oven, so the length of the part you are warming up is 1.57" (circumfrence)
then the length of the bowl is 1/2" thisis the Diameter.

The oven expands more than the bowl as it heats up.

Same as it cools down, that is how it locked in the first place, the oven shrunk more than the bowl. It started out hot and snug.

David
I gave it a shot and it's still stuck! Might try vice grips or something later... Might scuff the oven or bowl but hopefully it is still usable. This is the og oven BTW not the thermocore.

harmando,

Comfortably Numb

Gave in and ordered a Themocore with an extra condenser. Now I'll just leave one oven on the stock stem and the other on the WPA. I almost ordered the integrated stem, I only have the original stem, but it's been fine.
I cant imagine not using the integrated stem...it is a big improvement...I believe it is stock on new Anvils....3 months ago I orederd a WPA and a USA and have yet to use them...I am that comfy with the stem as a WPA. I do wish Vestratto would come out with more stem designs...maybe a etched XL mouthpiece!

delta hotel

I cant imagine not using the integrated stem...it is a big improvement...I believe it is stock on new Anvils....3 months ago I orederd a WPA and a USA and have yet to use them...I am that comfy with the stem as a WPA. I do wish Vestratto would come out with more stem designs...maybe a etched XL mouthpiece!
I was under the impression the integrated stem was only different by how the airflow was set? Since I kind of found how I liked my original native stem I don't often adjust it and just planned to leave it as so. I thought about a USA, but I don't own any dyna stems and then I'd fall down that rabbit hole.

I suppose if I had another stem I could actually build 2 complete native Anvils. 🤷‍♂️

David Root

.06, .05, and .04 all work fine in standard bowl. Heat, Click Mmmm

Micro dosing is no problem. Works fine. No stem or water needed.

Hit is as soon as it clicks, because if I wait, It gets too dark.

Once it gets to .1 g, I need some kind of cooling and its more than one hit.

Air holes don't seem to matter.

David

Momor

I cant imagine not using the integrated stem...it is a big improvement...
It's an improvement in the way you're able to adjust airflow more easily.
However, you can't close the airflow as much as with the original stem (I use it just a hair open when I hit it MTL style) and the wide open setting is alos more open than the integrated stem

delta hotel

It's an improvement in the way you're able to adjust airflow more easily.
However, you can't close the airflow as much as with the original stem (I use it just a hair open when I hit it MTL style) and the wide open setting is alos more open than the integrated stem
TY for this, that was how I thought I remembered it. The original was able to close/open more, just not as easily. I have no issue with adjusting it though, so that's why I didn't think I needed it. It does have a little wobble if you adjust it a certain way, but it's easy to correct and I rarely adjust.

delta hotel,
Reactions: Momor

David Root

A little lube on the O rings make life more pleasant.

Look up Snap On Torch 300. I have one, its not too big, I can turn it too low. Holds a ton of Butane.

Does a 40 sec click on medium flame.
30 minute run time

Torch 300

Edit:

Inductor, 1000 watt

I have this at work, we use it to loosen nuts.

I bought this off the snap on truck for a measly $600.00 quite a few years ago.

My Ispire works fine for me......

David

Last edited:
David Root,

Whiff

Vestratto Brand Ambassador
Company Rep
If it heats up fast, is sounds like only one click.
Yes if you heat her up quickly the clicks get closer together (one of the reasons i like going to the 1st click) if i want a darker estratto i just turn the torch/ih up for a faster heat up

I gave it a shot and it's still stuck! Might try vice grips or something later... Might scuff the oven or bowl but hopefully it is still usable. This is the og oven BTW not the thermocore.
You may have to get it red hot then, usually just a reheat does the trick. I'm guessing you used the hex while hot? I had a guy once seize his sublimator head to the atomizer and i had to get it reeeeaallll hot to get that sucker out. The thermal; locking was real

Last edited:

harmando

Yes if you heat her up quickly the clicks get closer together (one of the reasons i like going to the 1st click) if i want a darker estratto i just turn the torch/ih up for a faster heat up

You may have to get it red hot then, usually just a reheat does the trick. I'm guessing you used the hex while hot? I had a guy once seize his sublimator head to the atomizer and i had to get it reeeeaallll hot to get that sucker out. The thermal; locking was real
I'll try getting it red hot... i used the hex while hot and pretty much stripped the hole on the bowl trying to unscrew it!

harmando,

David Root

To the gentleman above, it looks like you are screwed. Threads could be galled, Stainless on Stainless can do that. It cam be a problem.

I ASSume I have one click. Sometimes I can barley hear or feel one click, then the other. Sometimes all I hear is one click. Sometimes it clicks a second time after I stop heating. If I use a small torch or Ispire wand, it clicks twice about 5 or so seconds apart. This is a 60 second heat up.

I like to just load enough for one hit. Half bowl should be perfect.

Looks like I could take the screen out of the regular bowl to hold more. Anybody tried it? I say this because the XL has no screen.

David

David Root,

delta hotel

To anyone with a Thermocore and a Wand: I only own the original oven but with a Thermocore on the way I'm considering a Wand. I mostly use the Anvil to RTL, and want to know how or if that experience plays out with the Wand. I want to be able to bring my Anvil with when I'm going out and it's windy, bright, or inconvenient to use a torch so I don't mind the inconvenience of waiting a few extra seconds for the conveince of being able to bring it where I felt unable to before.

How close can I get to a dark roast/RTL? How long does that take with the Wand, and how many of those heatups can I get from a battery charge?

delta hotel,
Reactions: Jill NYC

harmando

To the gentleman above, it looks like you are screwed. Threads could be galled, Stainless on Stainless can do that. It cam be a problem.

I ASSume I have one click. Sometimes I can barley hear or feel one click, then the other. Sometimes all I hear is one click. Sometimes it clicks a second time after I stop heating. If I use a small torch or Ispire wand, it clicks twice about 5 or so seconds apart. This is a 60 second heat up.

I like to just load enough for one hit. Half bowl should be perfect.

Looks like I could take the screen out of the regular bowl to hold more. Anybody tried it? I say this because the XL has no screen.

David
Thankfully I got the bowl out with vice grips! A couple scratches on the bowl but no change in function. I was ready to order a new oven and bowl 😂

David Root

Congats H. Great job, saved the Anil. :)

a few tests, One click 50 seconds or so. Sometimes another, take out by 60seconds no matter what or it will be too dark.
The term "Anviled" :)
David

David Root,

Clapped_r6

I've always gone by the "screw it in til it touches, then back off a hair"
The little bit of theoretical air matters not

PeePhlegm

i use the magnet from the anvil tube case.
hold the bowl with the magnet to screw it out, load it, and screw back it in.
you cannot over tighten it with only the magnetism and it makes loading the hot bowl a piece of cake.
I use the reload V2 in the exact same way and I haven't thermal locked yet. 🤞

Edit: forgot I said I would share a pic of the TS wooden art sleeve.

Last edited:

David Root

8 heats for 60 seconds on a freas set of pretty good batteries.

As the batteries went down, it took longer to click. 45 seconds first to 65 seconds for last time. . I should have stopped at 60 seconds. It was a little too dark. Toasted taste.
I think the wand works perfect.

David

Comfortably Numb

8 heats for 60 seconds on a freas set of pretty good batteries.

As the batteries went down, it took longer to click. 45 seconds first to 65 seconds for last time. . I should have stopped at 60 seconds. It was a little too dark. Toasted taste.
I think the wand works perfect.

David
I find the wand to work great with the Anvil.....its a trip to play around with...the Thermocore oven with the wand has given me what I missed using the Anvil...a longer session! It really works well. I have not timed how many heat ups I get on a set of batteries but I am going thru 3 sets of batteries a day.
I cant decide if I like the glass lip on the Wand...from the top the Anvil's battery stops at the glass lip. This works well for a prolonged session using the Wand to reheat.
I get better results inserting from the bottom as I can center the oven better in the sweet spot to closely mimic heating with a torch.

Comfortably Numb,
Reactions: coolbreeze
Top Bottom