Anvil by Vestratto

BreadStick

What is better with this new oven (beside the IH compatibility)?
Is there some news about the XL oven or the project is abandoned ?
I'm guessing the extra mass will make the vape better at low temp extractions because it won't cool down below the vaporizing temp as quick? I also wonder would it create a more convection dominant extraction as more heat will be absorbed by the oven than the bowl? What was this XL oven idea, something to hold an even bigger bowl than the XL?

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
I'm guessing the extra mass will make the vape better at low temp extractions because it won't cool down below the vaporizing temp as quick? I also wonder would it create a more convection dominant extraction as more heat will be absorbed by the oven than the bowl?
@Whiff was testing the new IH and new Oven on his streams, the oven gives added heat retention to improve low temp extractions with only a few added seconds when heating using a Torch.

In addition, with the new IH, you can modify the IH settings to get a very Convection dominant experience from the new oven or with different settings get a more Conduction heavy experience - just based on how you configure the IH.

I like the added heat retention, I feel like I am rushing at times with the Anvil so I hope the new oven extends the time you have to hit the Anvil in a meaningful way.

BreadStick

@Whiff was testing the new IH and new Oven on his streams, the oven gives added heat retention to improve low temp extractions with only a few added seconds when heating using a Torch.

In addition, with the new IH, you can modify the IH settings to get a very Convection dominant experience from the new oven or with different settings get a more Conduction heavy experience - just based on how you configure the IH.

I like the added heat retention, I feel like I am rushing at times with the Anvil so I hope the new oven extends the time you have to hit the Anvil in a meaningful way.
Cool I wonder if the torching positions are changed much for the new oven. Better low temp extractions would be great, the Anvil's biggest weakness imo is its flavour.

The Forge looks so good, every time I think I'm done spending money on vapes something else comes out :lol:. I'd love to know how they're controlling the convection/conduction bias. Does conduction/convection bias just mean 2 different timers where conduction mode heats a little longer to get the bowl hot? Another way I think might work is trying to control the size of the magnetic field from the coil so that is either can or can't reach the bowl but I'd say that's very hard to achieve.

Yeah you kind of have to commit to huffing your bowl down in about a minute with the current ovens and I'm not a fan of reheating the Anvil. That said the Anvil is still the closest thing I've experienced to a joint in terms of taking a series of small draws so I imagine this new oven will bring it even closer.

The Thermo Core seems to be live on the site. Ordered mine.

Looking forward to your report!

From the product description:

The ThermoCore has been enhanced with a 50% increase in the inner copper layer to provide even faster heat transfer to ensure an even roast. The very visible pot belly gives the additional thermal mass to enable an extra toke to ensure the bowl is fully extracted. In addition, the belly geometry maximizes energy coupling with the FORGE induction coils enabling new features like 12-second heat-up times and “cold start” pure convection cycles.

delta hotel

I've been feeling a little bit of VAS and considering something easily portable. My Anvil really is, but I don't like fiddling with the torch outside or in daylight. The only thing I'm missing from having another whole unit is the oven though, so I may just order the new oven.

Still looking for something more portable though, so can anyone recommend a good portable IH for the Anvil? A portable IH I can get reliable results from and a new oven might scratch that VAS, but still keep my daily driver.

delta hotel,
Reactions: Kudzu407

tonuzzi

Spoon Dogg
Wow. Must have gotten one of the last ones.

UPDATE : @mephisto you might want to double check that. I am still seeing it as available as a choice when you click on Copper Core on their site.
Yes, that's exactly what I ended up doing. I was looking at ovens and the Thermocore oven was still available, I couldn't resist. Should be delivered by tomorrow.
Love my Anvil :peace:

Whiff

Vestratto Brand Ambassador
Company Rep
was watching your stream (friend of aussiefriendlybuds) it looked like the added stainless increased the heat retention a lot
Hey bro hope you've been well.
The added mass definitely does help

Just out of curiosity do you know anything about the release plan for the Buddha?
I understand the early Forge releases are going to be local to Vestratto (in the local area/country) to be able to manage bugs or problems pick up when users get it into there hands but as you mentioned testing the Buddha for 6 months I wondered if you knew abut the plans for the new oven?
The Buddha's name has changed to ThermoCore and according to Vestrattos IG they will be available tomorrow.

Hmm pretty keen to hear of any news w the forge but I don't do insta, anyone feel like summarizing what the latest is? Ie any new estimates of public release/when we might be able to get hold of one?
The Forge should be releasing 3rd week of January. New boards have arrived and software has been updated and added. I should have the newest updated version on Saturday.

Vapeaction

I too am weak… bought the new oven last night, but can only admit it now in a Public Forum… here’s your sign;
my name is Chris and I do have VAS…
you mean there is free shipping? I’ve always paid 5-$10 US and I live in Canada lol…Love the device’s story but more importantly its effects … nothing quite slaps like it.
☮️❤️✌️❤️

delta hotel

I also cracked and ordered one. The price being just over the free shipping threshold definitely helped...
This is what almost did it for me. I still want to order it, but I mostly use a torch and RTL. It sounded like it added a few extra seconds to click it with a torch, and I'm always able to fully extract before I lose heat so I'm not sure I NEED it, but I do want it. I'm hoping to pick up the Forge though, and it sounds like it'll be more useful there. Maybe I can convince myself to wait and see and just order them together.

Top Bottom