Anvil by Vestratto

Fox

DSC-0226-2.jpg

Datoneguy

It's really a shame to see parts with such errors reaching the customer. That also reminds me of the new DV amored cap where the beak was too long and touched the stem. Always ask me how can that be... I have to say about the Anvil if I had developed it, I would have gone for pure silver instead of copper, even if the conductivity and storage of heat, as I once saw in a table that John published, was a bit lower is, silver has no negative influence but even a positive one because it has an antibacterial effect. I would keep trying to contact Vestratto this type of error should be replaced. Much luck!
Thanks dude! I think will keep messaging till something happens. Sent my third email today. Just gotta be persistent i suppose. But agreed, if it was a $100 vape, i’d feel a little less bothered, but this puppy is a pricey piece imo, and my $50 vapcap ms from 5 years ago haven’t had something like this before. Can’t help but compare the price there along with the issues experienced personally.

It’s a reminder that vapcaps may not perform as well as other vapes, but never would i consider selling them because i would be stuck without a vape to use right now if i didn’t have them. The reliability and durability are clutch for moments like this. And it’s always been reliable when some of my other vapes have not been so. I’ll keep emailing vestratto and hope that eventually i get these parts replaced. But for now, I guess im a dynadude. Hope y’all enjoy the Anvils though, i’ll def come back and review the new parts if i get a chance to, but for now, it’s dynas to the dome.
Vape on homies. Peace.

I received a USA kit with similar blemish in the cap, and a weird brown ring around the condensor as well. I thought it was resin on the condenser (I used it one or twice before noticing) but the cap blemish was defintily there at the start. I ignored it but tagging this as it seems to be a bigger issue than just my order.
Also, sorry that you got some parts with similiar issues. I hope you are able to get those replaced as well.

Datoneguy

Question, how do you guys follow shipping to the states? Shop has been frozen for a few days now. Also, how long was shipping for anyone in california or usa more broadly? Im at 2 weeks atm and am not sure what kind of wait to expect here.

Btw, positive note, they said i could pay to ship coppercore back to get replaced. Still waiting for more details on the process but its better than having to buy a whole new part, so im hopeful about getting the anvil back in working condition at some point :)

Question, how do you guys follow shipping to the states? Shop has been frozen for a few days now. Also, how long was shipping for anyone in california or usa more broadly? Im at 2 weeks atm and am not sure what kind of wait to expect here.

Btw, positive note, they said i could pay to ship coppercore back to get replaced. Still waiting for more details on the process but its better than having to buy a whole new part, so im hopeful about getting the anvil back in working condition at some point :)

I’m in SoCal, it was about a week or two IIRC. I think they give you a Canada Post tracking number, which should work until it gets to US customs. After that, you should be able to track via USPS. At least that’s how it was last time I ordered something from them.

Datoneguy

I’m in SoCal, it was about a week or two IIRC. I think they give you a Canada Post tracking number, which should work until it gets to US customs. After that, you should be able to track via USPS. At least that’s how it was last time I ordered something from them.
Gotcha, so maybe next week it will come on and it’s just taking a bit longer.
Do you know where they gave you that tracking number?

So far i’ve gotten one email of my order confirmed and the items listed and then another email that linked me to the shop app. Haven’t seen any traditional tracking numbers that i can search out myself.

I know when i originally bought an anvil, that the tracking number was sent to me at some point along with the shop app link, i just cant remember how or where i found that number last time around. I don’t see a number in my emails, maybe the shop app has it?

One more thing, is there a performance difference between duracore and copper core? Since im gonna be waiting anyways on copper core replacement and new parts i ordered, im thinking about asking for a duracore to see if they’d be willing to ship that back instead. For me specifically, i’d love a little less copper exposed even if it’s debatable if it even matters or not. As long as it performs the same.

Last edited:
Gotcha, so maybe next week it will come on and it’s just taking a bit longer.
Do you know where they gave you that tracking number?

So far i’ve gotten one email of my order confirmed and the items listed and then another email that linked me to the shop app. Haven’t seen any traditional tracking numbers that i can search out myself.

I know when i originally bought an anvil, that the tracking number was sent to me at some point along with the shop app link, i just cant remember how or where i found that number last time around. I don’t see a number in my emails, maybe the shop app has it?

One more thing, is there a performance difference between duracore and copper core? Since im gonna be waiting anyways on copper core replacement and new parts i ordered, im thinking about asking for a duracore to see if they’d be willing to ship that back instead. For me specifically, i’d love a little less copper exposed even if it’s debatable if it even matters or not. As long as it performs the same.

I got a tracking number e-mailed to me when my order shipped.

I don't think there's going to be a performance difference between the two ovens.

Datoneguy

I got a tracking number e-mailed to me when my order shipped.

I don't think there's going to be a performance difference between the two ovens.
Gotcha, thanks for the info, im starting to think my order from a couple weeks ago has yet to ship at all then lol. That makes sense why i can’t find a number and shop has been frozen from the start without movement yet.

And that’s great to hear, hopefully they’ll let me make that switch when shipping back my damaged core for a replacement.

One last note, i cleaned my condensor with brown coloration (picture in my post on the prior page) and was able to get more of it clean (still not all though), but i also found a layer of black coloration on that same part after removing more of the brown layer, and that black layer won’t come off. Anyone know what the layer of black is on the condensor if they have that? Is it safe to vape from? Im thinking maybe it’s something from machining process but idk, pretty sure it’s not resin but the brown layer likelyat least partially is (not sure about the brown rings that go around the entire circle though) Here's three pics I took.

Last edited:

Pepeluis33

Gotcha, thanks for the info, im starting to think my order from a couple weeks ago has yet to ship at all then lol. That makes sense why i can’t find a number and shop has been frozen from the start without movement yet.

And that’s great to hear, hopefully they’ll let me make that switch when shipping back my damaged core for a replacement.

One last note, i cleaned my condensor with brown coloration (picture in my post on the prior page) and was able to get more of it clean (still not all though), but i also found a layer of black coloration on that same part after removing more of the brown layer, and that black layer won’t come off. Anyone know what the layer of black is on the condensor if they have that? Is it safe to vape from? Im thinking maybe it’s something from machining process but idk, pretty sure it’s not resin but the brown layer likelyat least partially is (not sure about the brown rings that go around the entire circle though) Here's three pics I took.
As fan of deep cleaning, I asked @Datoneguy how did he managed to clean so well the condenser since this is the part that gets dirtier and I think is worth to share:

Yo, so still have some stuff on it.
But what i found was holding the condensor in a very shallow pool of iso for a couple mins or 5-10 mins if your patient is a good start. I hold it there because i dont want the o-rings to get soaked.

Then i took a paper towel and would take the condenser out of the iso. Then i do my best to wrap the paper towel around it Then either spin the paper towel in circles around the condensor or i would make the paper towel wrap around the metwl lightly before spinning it in circles, or you could spin both in the opposite direction. Then i would dip in iso for 10-30 second and so it again, then i would just keep dipping it inso for a few seconds and repeating paper towel process. You can also out iso on paper towe if you want, just found it to dry too fast to be worth it.

So in summary, iso soak and a paper towel to wipe it off. Still a pain in the butt, but worked better than everything else i tried (mainly qtips).

That's a smart way to clean it! definitely better than qtips. Additionally, I've found a way to improve this and reduce the clean time to 1 min:
Just add to the papel towel a couple of drips of water, a pinch of baking soda, then wrap condenser head and spin. Press firmly with finger tip/nail while spinning. After just 1 min it comes spotless:

IMG-5584.jpg

This was almost black before:
IMG-5586.jpg

Last edited:

Datoneguy

As fan of deep cleaning, I asked @Datoneguy how did he managed to clean so well the condenser since this is the part that gets dirtier and I think is worth to share:

Yo, so still have some stuff on it.
But what i found was holding the condensor in a very shallow pool of iso for a couple mins or 5-10 mins if your patient is a good start. I hold it there because i dont want the o-rings to get soaked.

Then i took a paper towel and would take the condenser out of the iso. Then i do my best to wrap the paper towel around it Then either spin the paper towel in circles around the condensor or i would make the paper towel wrap around the metwl lightly before spinning it in circles, or you could spin both in the opposite direction. Then i would dip in iso for 10-30 second and so it again, then i would just keep dipping it inso for a few seconds and repeating paper towel process. You can also out iso on paper towe if you want, just found it to dry too fast to be worth it.

So in summary, iso soak and a paper towel to wipe it off. Still a pain in the butt, but worked better than everything else i tried (mainly qtips).

That's a smart way to clean it! definitely better than qtips. Additionally, I've found a way to improve this and reduce the clean time to 1 min:
Just add to the papel towel a couple of drips of water, a pinch of baking soda, then wrap condenser head and spin. Press firmly with finger tip/nail while spinning. After just 1 min it comes spotless:

IMG-5584.jpg

This was almost black before:
IMG-5586.jpg
Wowzers. I’ve gotta try this. Also, good to know it’s likely the black coloration will come off too with this method or that the coloration isn’t uncommon for people.

I definitely do deep cleans often but i keep it basic with iso mostly, maybe warm water to loosen things and then iso.The only vape i have mixed it up with like what you’re suggesting is the vapman, that metal screen on top of the bowl can get gunked up pretty bad, bad enough to where i thought it was possibly rust lol. So im glad to hear the condensor might just naturally get dirty more than other parts of the anvil. I think i can’t help but assume the worst because of my current copper core situation lol. Definitely curious to try this method of cleaning. Thanks for posting it here. Btw, how do you about cleaning the screen? Same thing? Thats one part of both the anvil and vapcap that i just let it be to an extent with how it looks. See it with all of those screens.

Last edited:

Roffa

I'd use an angle grinder myself. Just kidding. Just curious why you want to rough up the metal with abrasives. But then I never deep clean.

Petetbay

It is strange that people are arguing over which steel wool to use to clean their vape components and even stranger that no one from Vestratto support is around here to represent some kind of support for their product. It appears Vestratto used this forum only as a means to promote and sell their product and now has no use for this forum.

From April 17, 2022 Sunday post:
“I use a heavy duty Scotch Brite pad and/or a mix of salt/flour and a bit of vinegar to make a paste. Also there is some stuff called Bar Keeper’s Friend.”

scotchbrite_480x480.png

At the end of the day if you want your Anvil to look brand new again its just a bit of elbow grease.

Cheers

John

Top Bottom