Anvil by Vestratto

Fox

I personally never felt the anvil needed anymore mass. It’s a good balance of heat retention and heat up time
Hi, that's absolutely correct the Anvil works as it is. It's like with cars, one is satisfied with 50 hp, another prefers to drive 500 hp, even if he doesn't always call up the line and the additional consumption of fuel is the price you pay to have reserves. I'm the one who prefers 500hp.

leanpubpackage

Hi, that's absolutely correct the Anvil works as it is. It's like with cars, one is satisfied with 50 hp, another prefers to drive 500 hp, even if he doesn't always call up the line and the additional consumption of fuel is the price you pay to have reserves. I'm the one who prefers 500hp.
This is more like a 400+ HP Porsche 911 though

condition

You must be so fast 😜

Fox

This is the Anvil Beanie, it's perfect for turning hash and concentrate into vapor without leaving a trace. These ideas are only intended to make the Anvil product what I call a one and only vaporizer. The Anvil offers decarboxylation of the active ingredients and I don't know of any other vaporizer that can do that. This hat was made shortly after I received the Anvil and wondered how it could vape hash perfectly.

btka

This is the Anvil Beanie, it's perfect for turning hash and concentrate into vapor without leaving a trace. These ideas are only intended to make the Anvil product what I call a one and only vaporizer. The Anvil offers decarboxylation of the active ingredients and I don't know of any other vaporizer that can do that. This hat was made shortly after I received the Anvil and wondered how it could vape hash perfectly.
How does it work?

Datoneguy

Hey guys,

Been on a vaping hiatus for a year now and recently came back to the Anvil which hits even better after the break lol. I then ordered an xl mouthpiece, an integrated stem and a few more items because i want to try it more with dry usage. I was excited to explore this vape further when the items arrive and in anticipationi decided to clean my anvil to prepare for the new parts.

While cleaning, i noticed a few things that have me concerned with my Anvil and it’s put a damper on my excitement for the new parts tbh. I tried to email Vestatto a couple times last week about this but didn’t hear back, so i wanted to run this by you guys instead.

I’ve had this device since the user editions first came out and only used it for a couple months or so before a long tbreak. I cleaned it once in that time period, this was my second time cleaning it, so idk if my metal already had these issues and i didn’t notice it or what, but regardless, here are the areas that have me concerned. I will attach pics as well at the end of this comment.

My biggest concern of the bunch is the scratches on the metal inside the tip of the device. I tried to iso it but i realized after 10 mins or so that it was a 3d blemish on the metal rather than residue. There’s a very noticeable one in my pics and then a second smaller one near it but i couldn’t capture it with my camera (much smaller blemish).

Secondly, there’s a shade of brown that formed on the outside of the condensor tube. I was able to iso off most of it, so i assume it might just be a naturaly build up from vaping, but thought i’d check anyways.

Lastly, the copper on the tip of the anvil has turned black almost entirely. I know the cap is supposed to lose color, so im not too worried about it, but just wanted to check if black is a normal discoloration. Mainly got concerned because of seeing what copper oxide coloration looks like. I assume it’s likely not that but i thought i’d ask anyways.

I don’t intend for this to be an anvil hate post, and am posting it because I like the vape and want it to be my daily driver with a lotus and vapcap as occassional vapes. But, i do partly vape for health reasons and try to be careful with materials. The Anvil is probably the most i’ve pushed that comfort level with the copper aspect of the device. I’ve gotten more comfortable with it and the performance is worth it to me, but seeing this stuff is starting to push past that comfort level. Hoping you guys can either ease my concerns about these things or i could hopefully get some help sorting this out if it's unsafe to be using.

Alright, sorry for the essay lol and Thanks for any help with this, i really appreciate it. Regardless of my current hangups with my device, i hope you guys are loving your Anvils, it’s one of the few vapes that has lived up to the hype for me and i love using it. Just hoping to get this sorted out so i can keep unapologetically singing it’s praises like i have in the past.

Here are images of what I described.

caliganja420

Hey guys,

Been on a vaping hiatus for a year now and recently came back to the Anvil which hits even better after the break lol. I then ordered an xl mouthpiece, an integrated stem and a few more items because i want to try it more with dry usage. I was excited to explore this vape further when the items arrive and in anticipationi decided to clean my anvil to prepare for the new parts.

While cleaning, i noticed a few things that have me concerned with my Anvil and it’s put a damper on my excitement for the new parts tbh. I tried to email Vestatto a couple times last week about this but didn’t hear back, so i wanted to run this by you guys instead.

I’ve had this device since the user editions first came out and only used it for a couple months or so before a long tbreak. I cleaned it once in that time period, this was my second time cleaning it, so idk if my metal already had these issues and i didn’t notice it or what, but regardless, here are the areas that have me concerned. I will attach pics as well at the end of this comment.

My biggest concern of the bunch is the scratches on the metal inside the tip of the device. I tried to iso it but i realized after 10 mins or so that it was a 3d blemish on the metal rather than residue. There’s a very noticeable one in my pics and then a second smaller one near it but i couldn’t capture it with my camera (much smaller blemish).

Secondly, there’s a shade of brown that formed on the outside of the condensor tube. I was able to iso off most of it, so i assume it might just be a naturaly build up from vaping, but thought i’d check anyways.

Lastly, the copper on the tip of the anvil has turned black almost entirely. I know the cap is supposed to lose color, so im not too worried about it, but just wanted to check if black is a normal discoloration. Mainly got concerned because of seeing what copper oxide coloration looks like. I assume it’s likely not that but i thought i’d ask anyways.

I don’t intend for this to be an anvil hate post, and am posting it because I like the vape and want it to be my daily driver with a lotus and vapcap as occassional vapes. But, i do partly vape for health reasons and try to be careful with materials. The Anvil is probably the most i’ve pushed that comfort level with the copper aspect of the device. I’ve gotten more comfortable with it and the performance is worth it to me, but seeing this stuff is starting to push past that comfort level. Hoping you guys can either ease my concerns about these things or i could hopefully get some help sorting this out if it's unsafe to be using.

Alright, sorry for the essay lol and Thanks for any help with this, i really appreciate it. Regardless of my current hangups with my device, i hope you guys are loving your Anvils, it’s one of the few vapes that has lived up to the hype for me and i love using it. Just hoping to get this sorted out so i can keep unapologetically singing it’s praises like i have in the past.

Absolutely normal. I’ve had 5 anvils and they all looked like this LMAO.

Datoneguy

Awesome, well that's great to hear that the brown discoloration and the copper coloring turning black are both normal. What about the first 3 pics with the metal blemishes? I tried to iso it a few times and I'm pretty sure it is not residue but instead the metal itself. Is that also very common and is it safe to use? I get concerned about it generally because I have no idea if the metal being possibly damaged presents safety concerns within itself, but I also am concerned because the copper is sandwiched between other metals from what I remember, so I wonder if you damage the bread (metal) of said sandwich, will the meats (copper) become exposed to the air/vapor path?

Thanks for adressing the other two btw my dudes. Very good to hear that all looks normal. Now I just have one more hangup before I break out that Anvil again lol.

Pepeluis33

IMG-5562.jpg

I've been enjoying the XL Bowl for a week and I'm impressed, vapor production is way better than the normal bowl, and not only for the bigger size but also for the extra conduction. IMHO this is the bowl that must come by default with the Anvil, at least here on EU where you can't choose it.
I've paired my Anvil with a simple Jhook and is the best vaping experience ever.

I'm a bit disappointed with the utility case because of the magnet: currently is exposed in the inner part of the cap and is too strong there, however in the external part is just too weak to screw/unscrew the oven, so the cap is quite useless as a tool. To fix it, just expose magnet in the outer part. Besides that, does a good job and I love the ability to be able to carry an extra prefilled bowl in the cap.

My dear homemade 3S IH is working great and I get nice clouds and roasty ABV.

All these torches are working great, I always aim to the thermal battery and play with the lenght of the flame for the desired effects: normal flame size (1.5 cm) for flavor, large size (2 cm) for clouds. It takes 35-40 seconds to the click. BTW I recommend watchind this very instructive video about the sweet spot of torches:

Again, I'm really impressed with this vaporizer and haven't touched anything else since I got it. Some days ago I tried a dynavap and I don't like them anymore, probably I'm going to sell them. This is much better in every aspect.

Last edited:

leanpubpackage

Datoneguy

Hey guys, sorry for reposting this but is this safe to vape from? I’ll post the pics again from my prior post. Concerned it might expose copper to the airpath or might be a bad idea to vape from damaged metal in general. What do you guys think?

I know someone said this is common/normal but I just wanted to double check that that was the case. I would love some more opinions on it before i vape the anvil again. Asking again because the new parts i ordered are in the process of shipping this week and im still debating if im good to use said parts when they arrive.

leanpubpackage

Hey guys, sorry for reposting this but is this safe to vape from? I’ll post the pics again from my prior post. Concerned it might expose copper to the airpath or might be a bad idea to vape from damaged metal in general. What do you guys think?

I know someone said this is common/normal but I just wanted to double check that that was the case. I would love some more opinions on it before i vape the anvil again. Asking again because the new parts i ordered are in the process of shipping this week and im still debating if im good to use said parts when they arrive.
Probably OK, but if you already ordered a new part , you’re probably better to wait for that peace of mind. Trust your gut. There’s a lot of inconclusive debate over copper exposure as it relates to the anvil

Datoneguy

Probably OK, but if you already ordered a new part , you’re probably better to wait for that peace of mind. Trust your gut. There’s a lot of inconclusive debate over copper exposure as it relates to the anvil
Damn. I didn't order a replacement part, I ordered the xl mouithpiece, integrated stem and a few more items. I cleaned my vape to prepare for these new parts and I open the Anvil and found this. Guess I'm gonna wait for some more opinions, no response from John sadly, was hoping he would respond and either help me out with this or at least allow me to decide to purcase a replacement and add it to my order that I made, tbh I splurged on the extra parts though after a long tbreak and seeing how the Anvil has expanded since I jumped on board, and idk if im capable of doubling the price of my order like that right now. Downer...\

Thanks for replying btw, good to know it's not a normal occurance on this vape. I definately lean towards caution with copper and the fact that it's sandwiched between other metals is the only reason i'm semicomfortable with the vape tbh. I'll definitely wait for the time being and just go back to my vapcaps for now.

Last edited:

btka

Damn. I didn't order a replacement part, I ordered the xl mouithpiece, integrated stem and a few more items. I cleaned my vape to prepare for these new parts and I open the Anvil and found this. Guess I'm gonna wait for some more opinions, no response from John sadly, was hoping he would respond and either help me out with this or at least allow me to decide to purcase a replacement and add it to my order that I made, tbh I splurged on the extra parts though after a long tbreak and seeing how the Anvil has expanded since I jumped on board, and idk if im capable of doubling the price of my order like that right now. Downer...\

Thanks for replying btw, good to know it's not a normal occurance on this vape. I definately lean towards caution with copper and the fact that it's sandwiched between other metals is the only reason i'm semicomfortable with the vape tbh. I'll definitely wait for the time being and just go back to my vapcaps for now.
To be honest on your photos it is hard to see what you are meaning… maybe you could take better pictures?

Fox

It's really a shame to see parts with such errors reaching the customer. That also reminds me of the new DV amored cap where the beak was too long and touched the stem. Always ask me how can that be... I have to say about the Anvil if I had developed it, I would have gone for pure silver instead of copper, even if the conductivity and storage of heat, as I once saw in a table that John published, was a bit lower is, silver has no negative influence but even a positive one because it has an antibacterial effect. I would keep trying to contact Vestratto this type of error should be replaced. Much luck!

Fox

I would like to add something to this, namely: This cap consists of brass and aluminum parts and is not used as such. There were two tests that were very good. The only thing that could be used is the fiberglass wick, which is actually intended for oil lamps. Just an idea giver this part.

RichardsBag

Hey guys,

I received a USA kit with similar blemish in the cap, and a weird brown ring around the condensor as well. I thought it was resin on the condenser (I used it one or twice before noticing) but the cap blemish was defintily there at the start. I ignored it but tagging this as it seems to be a bigger issue than just my order.

someTooL

Recently moved south. Recently also realized that I not only want the new IH…I need it. Have loved using the torch for nearly 1.5 years, but it’s adding too much additional heat in a space that’s hard to keep cool already. I know, winter is coming lol.

Top Bottom