Anvil by Vestratto

Shorner

I have the standard mouthpiece and no problems with the vapor. It`s not hot for me, and most of the time I take a big draw, and it`s done. At first the vapor was a bit warm, but I quickly got used to it and do not feel it as at first. Have the Anvil now a year.
I meant it cools the actual device down it doesn't feel so warm in the hand after back to back cycles with the xl

ellis d. tripp

This beauty arrived some hours ago and I can't stop playing with it. Is a joy, really nicely machined, almost flawless.
And yes, i'm in! this thing slaps... really baked rn. I'm loving the nice 1-2 min MTL mini sessions it provides, exactly what I was looking for. Flavor way better than expected after reading some comments here. This 2-flame torch is working quite fine, I just aim right to the thermal battery, wait for the 2nd click and I'm getting very consistent results and nice roasted ABV (photo taken with flash). Harshness is just right for me natively, I don't need anything else for cooling. I think I will pick the XL bowl, considering the amount of heat this thing retains. Some minor criticism: it feels quite unbalanced in my hands, and airflow adjustment could be stiffer.
photo-2023-07-20-16-25-31.jpg
Adding the xl mouth piece helps to balance the anvil, and adds a little more cooling….nevermind. I should have read the following page LOL!

rkw2

Hey y'all, I managed to get an Anvil at the beginning of June and I have to say that I absolutely love it...except for the approximately 1 in 10 times that I accidentally combust. I'm using a Blazer Firefox torch, with the inner flame dialed in to the length of the oven, aimed at the divot in the battery. I usually get the first click between 30-35 seconds, stop the flame and hear the second click about half a second later. 9 times out of 10 this works perfectly, but every so often, boom combustion.

I think that it may have to do with accumulation of oils and crud building up under the ccd in the condenser, but I'm not positive. Any tips or suggestions?

As a side question, anybody have any good tips for getting the oven shiny again? I've been disassembling the whole thing, popping out the ccd from the condenser, and putting everything in a ziplock of 91% ISO then putting that into a smalll jewelry cleaner.

Thanks!

Comfortably Numb

I have the same torch... @Whiff who represents Vestratto...last posted making your flame length should be 3/8"....thats about the diameter of the bottom of your bowl....I use to use the 1" flame length also...you are heating pretty agressively....try heating higher up....

Last edited:

Comfortably Numb

I also have found that with the XL bowl I have more time between clicks....my smaller bowls click the second time very quickly...I have the habit of pulling my flame just a little further away after the 1st click

Overheating past the click is not the best for the bi metallic discs. As you said i think you need to move the flame closer and heat the thermal battery with the very tip of the inner blue flame, this should get your 45 sec click time down to around 30 sec. If you can get the Full chamber to click in 25 sec or so then you should get a very dark AVB maybe even combust.
For a Ride the Line experience i would recommend:

Half chamber - 1/2" inner blue flame and heat thermal battery until 1st click
Full chamber - 1/2" inner blue flame and heat the battery until the 2nd click
XL chamber - 3/8" inner blue flame and heat thermal battery until 1st click

or you can test for click times using an empty herb chamber so you dont waste herb, i would aim for these 1st click time

Full chamber - 25-30 sec
XL chamber - 40-45 sec

Note* the faster you make it click the darker the AVB ( 40 sec will be darker than the 45 sec click )

Hope this helps
here u go

Last edited by a moderator:

Roffa

Hey y'all, I managed to get an Anvil at the beginning of June and I have to say that I absolutely love it...except for the approximately 1 in 10 times that I accidentally combust. I'm using a Blazer Firefox torch, with the inner flame dialed in to the length of the oven, aimed at the divot in the battery. I usually get the first click between 30-35 seconds, stop the flame and hear the second click about half a second later. 9 times out of 10 this works perfectly, but every so often, boom combustion.

I think that it may have to do with accumulation of oils and crud building up under the ccd in the condenser, but I'm not positive. Any tips or suggestions?

As a side question, anybody have any good tips for getting the oven shiny again? I've been disassembling the whole thing, popping out the ccd from the condenser, and putting everything in a ziplock of 91% ISO then putting that into a smalll jewelry cleaner.

Thanks!
Once in a while I'll cycle through an empty oven. Heat until click, amazing how much residual vapor there can be. That's about all the "cleaning" I do. In my experience (Anvil has been my daily driver for well over a year now) sometimes either the 1st or 2nd click is faint. If your first click is clear, stop torching, you have more leeway if the first click is faint. The 2nd click is usually clearer. The only time I combust is if I miss a click, or wait too long for the second one, because I couldn't hear it. I never clean my oven either and I don't use any ccd

rkw2

As a follow up to anyone who may search in the future, I think I solved my combustion problem, with the help of all you wonderful folks.
I took the chart the chart with the times and flame lengths that @Comfortably Numb shared, and just torched that empty chamber until I could get repeatable results.

This is what I found using a Blazer Firefox with a full bowl with the users edition.

The first thing I realized is that my hands are entirely too shaky to reliably hold the torch and the Anvil still. This was probably the most helpful realization. Once I placed the torch and the Anvil on a table that could hold them both steady and at the proper distances, I could repeatably test things out. The second thing I found was that the flame lengths @Whiff posted just didn't work for my situation. I was looking at approximately 60 second heat times when pointing the tip of the flame at the copper ring just above the battery with a flame size of 1/2 inch. Once I increased the flame length to about the same size as the oven on the Anvil, I started reliably getting 25-30 second clicks. After spending an afternoon practicing with an empty chamber, I think I've got this down to where it's perfect for me. No more combustion and the extraction is HEAVY.

Thanks for the help, y'all!

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
The second thing I found was that the flame lengths @Whiff posted just didn't work for my situation. I was looking at approximately 60 second heat times when pointing the tip of the flame at the copper ring just above the battery with a flame size of 1/2 inch. Once I increased the flame length to about the same size as the oven on the Anvil, I started reliably getting 25-30 second clicks. After spending an afternoon practicing with an empty chamber, I think I've got this down to where it's perfect for me. No more combustion and the extraction is HEAVY.

Thanks for the help, y'all!
Sounds like you've dialed this little marvel in to your satisfaction and enjoying the benefits. Just for clarity, @Whiff flame length chart is for torching with the tip of the 'inner blue' portion of the flame, not the outer tip of the flame. His many charts and suggestions for different size torches, flame lengths and desired extractions have always been bang on for me. With close to two years of personal testing for Vestratto, the dude knows what he speaks.

@Whiff any news or updates on the powerful portable IH that we viewed an early prototype of in a video several weeks back? This portable IH is going to be a game changer for the Anvil and the other butane hungry pen vapes.

dman28

Vaping for the health of it.
Sounds like you've dialed this little marvel in to your satisfaction and enjoying the benefits. Just for clarity, @Whiff flame length chart is for torching with the tip of the 'inner blue' portion of the flame, not the outer tip of the flame. His many charts and suggestions for different size torches, flame lengths and desired extractions have always been bang on for me. With close to two years of personal testing for Vestratto, the dude knows what he speaks.

@Whiff any news or updates on the powerful portable IH that we viewed an early prototype of in a video several weeks back? This portable IH is going to be a game changer for the Anvil and the other butane hungry pen vapes.
There is a new video of if on Vestratto's Instagram account.

Fox

Mehr Masse = längere Heizleistung = längere Absaugung.
Der Effekt von mehr Masse ist, dass während der Zeit der Verdampfung in einem Zug die Temperatur höher bleibt, so dass Du am Ende Deines Zuges effektiv mehr in einem Zug extrahierst.

Ich stelle mir vor, es ist für ih wie Zauberstab ...
Ich habe keine IH-Erfahrung mit dem Amboss, ich benutze nur ein Feuerzeug.

Eines Tages benutzte ich meinen Amboss und schaute ihn mir danach an und der Draht war das Ergebnis meiner Überlegung. Auf Instagram bei Vestratto gibt es dieses Video mit der gläsernen Lunge und diesem Ofen, der dort benutzt wird, ist das, was ich damals vor meinem geistigen Auge hatte.

Last edited:

Octavia

No thoughts, head empty
Rough translation:

The effect of more mass is that during the time of evaporation in one train (ed: I assume means hit?), the temperature remains higher, so that you effectively extract more in one train at the end of your turn.

Btka said:

I imagine it's like a magic wand for you ...

I have no IH experience with the anvil, I only use a lighter.

One day I used my anvil and looked at it afterwards and the wire was the result of my consideration. On Instagram at Vestratto there is this video with the glass lungs and this oven that is used there is what I had in my mind's eye at the time.

Octavia,
Top Bottom