Anvil by Vestratto

caliganja420

I used Native for about a year, but vapor was still to strong even with XL MP. Once I got the WPA I never went back to dry hits. I am able to clear the whole bowl in 1 hit, with no coughing or irritation like native use. I tried the Revolve gen 2 and USA, but the metal sleeve gets too hot after 1 bowl and can’t do back to back hits, also it’s too many pieces to fumble around with and hard to clean. With the WPA all you do is clean the condenser, that’s it. ANVIL WPA FTW :rockon::leaf:

gustavson

I have had my Anvil for just under a month.
Before the Anvil i liked to use my Dyna and Mighty. Yesterday i ordered the half Bowle and XL Bowle (for Session with a Friend)

I´m very happy about the Anvil and use it the most time native with the standard MP and it works fine for me. Sometimes i use it with a Waterbubbler.
I regret nothing with the Anvil.

Nebelmann

Cant get the same dark roast on my XL bowl like with the normal bowl. Not a big fan of going too long after the click. had quite good results big a bigger flame. Dont want to get too close to RTL tho. Any ideas how to get the same consistent results?

Petetbay

Cant get the same dark roast on my XL bowl like with the normal bowl. Not a big fan of going too long after the click. had quite good results big a bigger flame. Dont want to get too close to RTL tho. Any ideas how to get the same consistent results?
Try playing with the air adjustment, there was a post here or in the Sunday posts about the recommended air settings for each bowl.

That's interesting, I find it easier to get a dark roast with the XL bowl due to the added conduction. All things being equal in heat up technique, the XL bowl will always produce darker AVB than the full bowl for me. I also find that the half bowl runs a bit hotter than the full. All I would suggest is slowly increasing flame size/aiming lower on the oven until you achieve desired results. I always stop shortly after the first click, especially with the XL.

Speaking of the XL, that bowl has surprisingly become the default option for me lately. I think it mostly has to do with using the Proxy as my main driver for the past few months; I never used concentrates before this, and now I need the XL bowl for a little extra oomph. :lol:

The Anvil continues to impress me after over a year of ownership. It just gets the job done, every single time. Pull it out of the case, load the bowl, heat it up, take one big rip (thru water or native, it's honestly great both ways), dump it, throw it back in the case, done. I run fully open thru water, but prefer restricted airflow for native rips (integrated stem).

The ease of use and performance are both amazing, but the vapor signature may be the thing that keeps me coming back the most. It's special IMO.

Baked84

Using the VHB 3D 3s since 1 month and it absolutely replaced my torch
with fully loaded batteries 36 sec till 2nd click on deepest setting in heating chamber
even with batteries near zero it takes "only" 55 sec till 2nd click
never used a torch since i ve the 3d 3s

with that device I would worry that the weed is heated unevenly because of the very fast heating up
Using one myself too, is there a way to make the chamber deeper? My main (bottom most) round metal piece doesn’t go into the chamber but still gives me a hit though. Probably could be stronger if the main part was heated which usually gets heated with a torch. (Hope I’m making sense)

btka

How do you use the wand with the anvil? Which Settings and so on? I am new to the wand…
With torch I try to aim between the two heaters near to the stem and a little bit angled (saw this from Troy 420vapezone). How can I get same results with the wand?

Petetbay

How do you use the wand with the anvil?
I use the Wand with the Ispire Dynavap adapter inserting the glass tube(flange end up) from bottom into the silicone grommet so the glass sits at the bottom. You adjust how deep the Anvil sits with the glass and even pull the silicone out a bit for more depth. Max temp 800*F on the Wand. Wand has no power settings, same power all the time and the setting is just a timer. The way I have set up for the Anvil usually 50-55sec to 1st click, second click takes another 5sec. Reheat is 35-45sec to 1st click. The heat is applied slow and I sometimes go past 2nd click 3 sec for herb and 5-8 sec for hash. I double click for auto setting flashes red until Anvil inserted then yellow, red again when removed. Click once for standby again. The Anvil doesn’t fit in the Dynavap adapter glass and will sit on the flange part.

some pics for reference

Last edited:

Old_muel

When cleaning, all i do & have ever done for the bowl is run an iso'd qtip around inside it & never cleaned behind the screen, do you guys clean behind there & how? Can that screen be removed (easily)? Can the whole bowl just be soaked in iso?

Vehmic

Bogwood Ent
When cleaning, all i do & have ever done for the bowl is run an iso'd qtip around inside it & never cleaned behind the screen, do you guys clean behind there & how? Can that screen be removed (easily)? Can the whole bowl just be soaked in iso?
Yeah I take my whole unit apart and soak it in iso once a month. After pulling it out of the iso I q-tip everything to make sure it's pristine. Though usual cleaning is just hot water and a q-tip.

Old_muel

To be clear I'm specifically asking about the bowl only & cleaning behind/under it's screen. Can the bowl be soaked in iso without adversely effecting the clickers? Pretty sure I've read folks say their clickers stopped working after iso exposure?

To be clear I'm specifically asking about the bowl only & cleaning behind/under it's screen. Can the bowl be soaked in iso without adversely effecting the clickers? Pretty sure I've read folks say their clickers stopped working after iso exposure?

I soak them every time and haven’t had a clicker fail yet. I’ve also never removed the bowl screen. It doesn’t really get dirty in my experience.

SillyNotMe

I do not clean the bowl. It’s seasoned like cast iron at this point.

Now I’m starting to think that I might be missing out on pristine flavours too.

Vehmic

Bogwood Ent
I just soak the whole bowl in iso. I am no scientist, but I can't figure out how iso is supposed to affect the clicker.

Knewt

I soak my bowls in iso, but not very often, they don’t get very dirty for me. The clicker is just a couple of bimetallic disk, nothing for iso to damage. I always clean 1 bowl when I clean any ovens, because you need the bowl for reassembly.

Knewt,
Reactions: Vehmic
Top Bottom