Anvil by Vestratto

MDHI

I made a order over 5 business days ago but the order has not been sent. I emailed yesterday but no reply

Is this normal?

MDHI,

Petetbay

I made a order over 5 business days ago but the order has not been sent. I emailed yesterday but no reply

Is this normal?
I’d say yes, they take 2-3 days to verify transaction before readying to ship, plus there was a holiday Monday, be patient is all I can say. :2c:

Petetbay,

Admin at Vestratto

Company Rep
Delivery Delay Due to Bad Weather

Due to a severe winter storm, all order dispatches are delayed. We will endeavor to dispatch all orders as soon as possible.

Please note, the arrival of orders already dispatched may also be impacted due to weather related carrier delays.

We appreciate your understanding and patience. We will you update you again once the fulfillment centre reopens and try our best to offer you help. You are also welcome to contact us at info@vestratto.com for more information.

Sorry for the delay and thanks for your understanding.

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
OG vs. the 2023 USA (pictured bottom). Helix bowl, @DDave Ti Water Wand, and The Oven pictured up top. The 2023 USA is an improvement, on this stem, over the OG USA.
8-D7-E7-B23-7757-4-FBE-B2-AF-C1-A9-C42-BCD52.jpg

Edit: I love the ruggedness of this device.
9-AF8-DC5-A-B488-447-A-AE6-F-C62160-F2-EFC2.jpg

Last edited:

Aero

Raw Addict
Looking for the best 1 hit that I can get from the Anvil (that means to me: max air flow & max harsh hit).
The anvil does provied a harsh good hit to start up my morning on the way to work.
Last week I got the ispire wand. its pretty good when you put maximum temp (430C) with the dynavap but with the anvil it take time and defently less hitting hard than a 4 flames ligther.
I found that the stock stem is hard to hit with and vaping from it is like breathing through a drinking straw.
after alot of testing I find out that the mvs stem with the 2 dots air flow with the thin line between give me max air flow.
sow the question is there is any other body\stem to put on the anvil head that will give me maximum air flow ?
the ispire does give a nice hits and definitely save me from hitting the anvil with a ligther in the middle of the traffic sow it does doing a good job.
does anyone have tips and tricks with the anvil and the ispire togther ?
like how long to keep it past the click to get the "one hit wonder" im after.
does any one know if the dynavap cup that fit the ispire will fit also the anvil head? without holding the anvil in the hand just to put it in the hitting chamber?

Last edited:
Aero,

Vapetothegrave

Vape2thegrave
Company Rep
I found that the stock stem is hard to hit with and vaping from it is like breathing through a drinking straw.
It can be one of two things. First. When you install the condenser into the device, assemble the condesor, oven and bowl all in one then slide it onto the stem all together, this ensures the airpath is properly aligned. If you assemble it any other way it will pinch the airflow and make the device not function right. Number 2 is a you must be packing your bowls way too tight, with the integrated stem with two holes open mine feels perfectly open, but if I stuff the bowl it goes to dynavap levels of airflow. I usually use a single flame torch like the blazer Firefox mini or Ronxs torch for mine.

As far as I have heard, the wand cannot handle the anvil like a torch can. My suggestion is to buy a VHB 3D and car power adapter for it. As this IH can power the anvil to the RTL hit. Or wait for the vestratto forge

Happy Sunday Anville
PXL-20230226-144817123.jpg

edit: I used to have an MVS and USA adapter, I sold it off once I learned how to properly use the anvil as I found the MVS just dilutes the vapor and ruins the taste.

Last edited:

rageweary

Is this normal?
I made my order on the 17th. Hopefully it won't take to much longer. Been looking forward to trying one of these since they launched

rageweary,

dman28

Vaping for the health of it.
edit: I used to have an MVS and USA adapter, I sold it off once I learned how to properly use the anvil as I found the MVS just dilutes the vapor and ruins the taste.
I agree that adding more air flow downstream from the oven reduces the flavor. It would be interesting to increase the length of the condenser to accommodate a longer artisan stem.

Gray Area

If anyone in the UK is after one of these, there’s an Anvil for sale on ebay for £210 with extras (bowls, blazer firefox, long mp etc)…

The last one I saw on there lasted less than a day.

Last edited:

Nebelmann

I had no idea how good the XL mouthpiece really is. Just got me that little extra for when I'm on the go or don't have access to a waterpipe. It's so much cooler than the stock mouthpiece. Huge hits are now possible. And it stays cool, you can touch it while vaping. Recommended to everybody using the Anvil natively. I feel even more like smoking a space cigar with it.

Baked84

The most effortless RTL hit I have achieved was with the UFO induction heater (paid about $99). Roughly 45-50 total seconds of heating, in 9 second cycles gives me nice evenly brown ABV. A few seconds more and it's pushing combustion.

I no longer use the UFO for the Anvil as I've adapted the technique to the Wand, which has replaceable 18650 batteries. I still use the UFO for the DV.

I use induction heaters for the Anvil exclusively and to me it is a great user experience. I've used 5 different models before settling on the Wand.
Whats your current technique to get the perfect hit with a ispire Wand?

Newbie here and recently acquired the Anvil. I usually prefer to stay away from torches and currently own a Ispirte Wand and have tried to read through the thread wherever it's mentioned "WAND".
Can someone please share their experiences on how to best extract an Anvil bowl in a single heat session using the Wand. (or even tag to a previous response that mentions the process)

Baked84,

TonyGazelle

I believe that it is Fogbank that has done some heater testing and done done detailed write ups. If I remember correctly the wand was their preferred device. Maybe that will get you in the right track.

I have a vhb 3D heater for the Anvil and it's replaced my torch at home.

TonyGazelle,
Reactions: Baked84

Baked84

I believe that it is Fogbank that has done some heater testing and done done detailed write ups. If I remember correctly the wand was their preferred device. Maybe that will get you in the right track.

I have a vhb 3D heater for the Anvil and it's replaced my torch at home.
legend, i'll look up Fogbank! thanks!

I use the Wand with the Anvil exclusively. After dialing in the technique with a number of other induction heaters I settled on the Wand for the Anvil because of its replaceable batteries.

I rigged up a metal "stopper" from an old basket screen and inserted that into the silicone insert from the DV adapter for the Wand. This allows the Anvil to sit in the hole at the exact depth that I desire without having to hold the Anvil. While not strictly necessary, I find this setup more convenient than having to hold the Anvil at the desired depth.

I use temperature mode on the Wand, set to 800 F. I control the heating using the button on the Wand. To avoid any timeouts I start with a 30 second (30 flashes) heat cycle and then power cycle the heater with the button (takes less than a second). I then heat until I hear the click (usually about 55-58 seconds of total heating). As soon as I hear the click I power cycle again using the button. I then heat for exactly 30 seconds (flashes) and then turn the heater off. That technique results in a nice even dark brown ABV from a single draw.

While dialing in this technique I combusted a few times from heating too long after the click. I found the "sweet spot" through trial and error. This proves that the Wand is more than capable of heating the load to "RTL" temperatures.

FWIW - of all of the induction heaters that I dialed in with the Anvil the Wand takes the longest to produce the desired results. The $99 UFO Induction heater takes the least time (about 50 seconds total heating time). I speculate that the faster heating from the UFO is due to its smaller diameter hole, which brings the coils closer to the Anvil's oven. It does prove that even a cheap DV induction heater has enough power to RTL with the Anvil. However, since none of the "cheap" heaters I've used have replaceable batteries they will eventually be unusable because of worn out batteries.
Thanks for such a detailed comment! Just to confirm, it roughly takes 90 seconds for the Anvil to click using a Wand? And then you heat it for an additional 30 seconds to get a dark brown ABV?
Also where did you align the bottom most copper ring on the Anvil with the top of the Wand? (when it's heating)

Baked84,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
legend, i'll look up Fogbank! thanks!
Just search back in this thread:
UFO, Black Shadow, YLL Induction Heater, iSpire Wand, and Hot Fire Pro (aka "Click and Go", "Cuboo", etc).

The UFO, Black Shadow, and Hot Fire Pro all seem to use the same firmware and share the same algorithms (12 second timeout, 5 cycle cutoff, etc). I would consider these to be the same heater, with different performance based on how deep the Anvil sits in the heater. In fact my Hot Fire Pro came in a UFO box. The manuals for all 3 are basically identical with just the product name changed.

The YLL differs in that it has both power and temp modes (I use power mode) and it has a 16 second timeout. It also features a nice visual display of the timer, temp, etc...

The Wand also has distinct modes but uses different algorithms than the others. It seems to have a heat cycle timeout at about 55 seconds (flashes). It also has a larger coil, and it has no bulit-in "bottom". I use the silicone sleeve from the Dynavap adapter and I use a metal screen to form the "bottom". That way the Anvil fits in the opening just up to the thermal battery.

For all of the heaters I had to dial in the technique through trial and error. I combusted quite a few times in the beginning. I learned when to expect the click, and how long past the click I needed to heat to get the desired results. It is a little different for each heater.

I have not seen any issues with battery life. I do see some difference in performance with a fully charged battery vs. a partially charged one. The click always seems to come a few seconds earlier on a fully charged battery.

However, most of the time the heaters will not take a re-charge after a single Anvil session. I have to go at least two Anvil sessions before the heaters will attempt to charge the battery again. So I don't think that battery life is a big issue. Of course the Wand has replaceable batteries, so that's a plus.

As I mentioned previously, the difference in performance usually comes down to the dept of the Anvil within the heating coil. The deeper it sits, the longer it takes to click. Same principle as the DV.

If there was never a dedicated induction heater for the Anvil I wouldn't be too disappointed. The heaters I have work well enough. It would be nice to have one without the timeouts etc..

Grass Yes,
Top Bottom