Anvil by Vestratto

Arawfish

Green Thumb
Thanks for the answers!

So I can put everything from the anvil in iso without problems? Also the o-rings and the herb chamber?
Not that the o-rings are damaged and the herb chamber no longer clicks after putting in iso.
I wouldn’t soak the herb chamber in iso myself, I just used a qtip to clean that with high proof alcohol, like everclear.

You should be able to get most of everything out with hot water in your sink, and then a quick iso dip and scrub with qtips cleanes everything right up.

caliganja420

Thanks for the answers!

So I can put everything from the anvil in iso without problems? Also the o-rings and the herb chamber?
Not that the o-rings are damaged and the herb chamber no longer clicks after putting in iso.

Disassemble your Anvil. Remove airflow valve if you have original stem. Get a zip lock bag and fill with a little bit of %91 ISO. Heat in microwave for 8-10 seconds, remove bag from microwave, toss in the condenser and stem with spiral, shake for 10 seconds and remove and wash with hot water. Lastly, take a q tip dipped in alcohol and clean the mouthpiece and the condenser again and pop the screen out and clean it with a q tip as well. Flatten screen with metal object & re install. Finally, rinse the condenser and mouthpiece with hot water (I use tongs) Optional: clean the bowl with Q tip once a month

I’ve been soaking everything in iso except for the heatshield. I seem to remember John saying the o-rings on the heatshield weren’t iso safe. The heatshield doesn’t get dirty anyway. I’ve had zero issues with o-rings or other parts from cleaning this way through the first 9 months of ownership.

Knewt

I’ve been soaking everything in iso except for the heatshield. I seem to remember John saying the o-rings on the heatshield weren’t iso safe. The heatshield doesn’t get dirty anyway. I’ve had zero issues with o-rings or other parts from cleaning this way through the first 9 months of ownership.
This is exactly what I do. I try to soak for 30 minutes. I also don’t soak the WPA, it’s o-rings aren’t as ISO resistant as the other ones. But it never needs more than a wet q-tip run through it anyway.

DanksideoftheG

Existence is pain
People who have made recent orders, how long did it take for it to be marked as dispatched?

Been waiting almost a week now, swear it used to be like 2-3 days max after ordering?

I have emailed them, but no reply thus far
Have you had any updates yet?

DanksideoftheG,
Finally gonna test the Anvil this weekend. Wanted to start with the half bowl and have a strong torch ready. Already read a lot of posts but still have some questions and want to avoid burning any green:
  • What air setting do you recommend for direct hits? I though that more fresh air does help to cool down the vapor, but it seems like most people use the lowest setting?
  • Should buds be grinded rather fine? I have different grinder for different needs. I though that a finer grind helps because it lets air travel easier though the chamber?
  • How long do you heat with a torch after the click? Is there even a second click, or is this just the cooldown click? I tried some dry heat ups but have to admit I was still not 100% sure.
  • Just to be sure: Heating the Cooper Core at the top ring (towards the mouthpiece) turns into a more RTL experience and heating it at the bottom ring is the direct opposite, correct? For direct hits the bottom ring is then probably preferable?
Thank you very much :)

Petetbay

Just to be sure: Heating the Cooper Core at the top ring (towards the mouthpiece) turns into a more RTL experience and heating it at the bottom ring is the direct opposite, correct? For direct hits the bottom ring is then probably preferable?
Heating tips from the Sunday Posts.

TonyGazelle

Finally gonna test the Anvil this weekend. Wanted to start with the half bowl and have a strong torch ready. Already read a lot of posts but still have some questions and want to avoid burning any green:
  • What air setting do you recommend for direct hits? I though that more fresh air does help to cool down the vapor, but it seems like most people use the lowest setting?
  • Should buds be grinded rather fine? I have different grinder for different needs. I though that a finer grind helps because it lets air travel easier though the chamber?
  • How long do you heat with a torch after the click? Is there even a second click, or is this just the cooldown click? I tried some dry heat ups but have to admit I was still not 100% sure.
  • Just to be sure: Heating the Cooper Core at the top ring (towards the mouthpiece) turns into a more RTL experience and heating it at the bottom ring is the direct opposite, correct? For direct hits the bottom ring is then probably preferable?
Thank you very much :)
1. Airflow is user dependent and you should play with what works best for you. I have settled on running my Anvil with the Anvil almost completely open but not quite.
2. You can play with grind sizes too to find what works best for you. If anything too fine of a grind could prevent airflow and will require more cleanings. Somewhere in the middle is probably best, but again find your preference.
3. I heat the anvil until the second click. There are 2 audible clicks upon heating up... And then it will click again after using it when it cools down to use again.
4. The copper ring towards the top where you screw in the bowl is the ring for lighter more flavorful hits. The thicker copper ring is the thermal battery and this is where you can easily ride the line.

Please be sure up use a proper torch. Most of the people that struggle with the Anvil don't use a proper torch.

Last edited:
Heating tips from the Sunday Posts.

Oh yea, I really need to dig into the sunday posts. I mostly read this thread and some reddit comments and tried to combine the information. Thank you for the link!
1. Airflow is user dependent and you should play with what works best for you. I have settled on running my Anvil with the Anvil almost completely open but not quite.
2. You can play with grind sizes too to find what works best for you. If anything too fine of a grind could prevent airflow and will require more cleanings. Somewhere in the middle is probably best, but again find your preference.
3. I heat the anvil until the second click. There are 2 audible clicks upon heating up... And then it will click again after using it when it cools down to use again.
4. The copper ring towards the top where you screw in the bowl is the ring for lighter more flavorful hits. The thicker copper ring is the thermal battery and this is where you can easily ride the line.

Please be sure up use a proper torch. Most of the people that struggle with the Anvil don't use a proper torch.
Yeah, I kinda noticed the second click, but it was kinda right after the first one. So I was unsure if it was an "intended" second click or just the disc "snapping a bit". Gonna do some more dry hits and try to take a closer look.

I already have a proper "handheld" torch at hand with 3 flames. Read a lot of comments saying that kitchen torches like the Firefox (single, stronger flame) work better than the multiple flame design. But the dry hits took between 40 and 60 seconds depending on the tested location on the oven. So I think I should be fine for the beginning. Also no problems of melting caps or something similar while testing.

condition

Hello,
is there a tutorial (preferably in German), how to properly clean the anvil?
Have only found a video on how to polish the CopperCore oven, but unfortunately nothing about cleaning.
I soak in ISO first, then I soak in 2 cm warm white vinegar the condenser, the tip and the bowl, placing the condenser in stand position inside the glass, so the o-rings won't get soaked in warm vinegar. Afterward, I brush it with electric toothbrush, especially the base of the condenser.

Duba

Accessory Maker
hi,
I'm taking advantage of the fact that the flow is quite quiet around here these days to (re)introduce you to an interesting accessory for the Anvil:
the leather sleeve that can hold the classic Anvil or the XL mouthpiece.
As the leather is heat resistant, it can be stored warm directly after use in its case, very practical for stealthy shots or outdoors.
The key ring magnet it comes with is just perfect (centering, power, size).
It's hand made, hand dyed by me with full grain vegetable tanned leather from France or Belgium.
I have some units ready to go on my site and i can make custom orders, just email me.

Enjoy!

Shorner

Yeah when the novelty wears off the Anvil for most, it settles into the role of every day workhorse, and dominates reach tests.

It's my one vape I never think about selling. Indestructible, reliable, efficient, fast and saves money on electric bill (here in UK that's a big deal)
I have to agree with all this too...I have had my Anvil for nearly 2 months and I'm still loving it as much as day 1, I would of usually sold any other vape by now but a new vape hasn't even crossed my mind🤣

RedZep

I have to agree with all this too...I have had my Anvil for nearly 2 months and I'm still loving it as much as day 1, I would of usually sold any other vape by now but a new vape hasn't even crossed my mind🤣
Ironically I ended up selling. But only because my TMJD has been awful for months. I've sold any vape that even has a tiny bit of restriction.

I still count the Anvil in my top 3 of all time, along with Flower pot and TM2.

To potential new buyers, the restriction on Anvil is not too bad. Much better than Dynavap. I just have an awful jaw condition that makes any kind of restriction really painful.

SonicBacon

hi,
I'm taking advantage of the fact that the flow is quite quiet around here these days to (re)introduce you to an interesting accessory for the Anvil:
the leather sleeve that can hold the classic Anvil or the XL mouthpiece.
As the leather is heat resistant, it can be stored warm directly after use in its case, very practical for stealthy shots or outdoors.
The key ring magnet it comes with is just perfect (centering, power, size).
It's hand made, hand dyed by me with full grain vegetable tanned leather from France or Belgium.
I have some units ready to go on my site and i can make custom orders, just email me.

Enjoy!
These are beautiful Duba. Are the vegetable
dyes stable in the leather, or will the colour leach out if I put it in like a white shirt pocket? I have a few leather things that leave stains so I am curious.

Cheers

Arawfish

Green Thumb
I’ve been running a lot of hash through the Anvil lately, and man oh man! What a great device for that task. I must admit I had been doing it incorrectly for quite a while, packing the hash with herb in the Anvil but that’s totally the wrong way to do things. It’s gotta be a full bowl of hash. Wow! That flavour is incredible. I get all of the “Hash Pipe” feels when I’m using this pipe by Aezhenn and that’s exactly what I’m looking for, similar ritual with packing the bowl too. Great for at home, great for on the trail.

RxPlorer

I’ve been running a lot of hash through the Anvil lately, and man oh man! What a great device for that task. I must admit I had been doing it incorrectly for quite a while, packing the hash with herb in the Anvil but that’s totally the wrong way to do things. It’s gotta be a full bowl of hash. Wow! That flavour is incredible. I get all of the “Hash Pipe” feels when I’m using this pipe by Aezhenn and that’s exactly what I’m looking for, similar ritual with packing the bowl too. Great for at home, great for on the trail.

Nice to see that it works well for hash without going through a glass rig! How many reheats are you doing to get through a chamber full of hash?

Last edited:

Arawfish

Green Thumb
Nice to see that it works well for hash without a glass rig! How many reheats are you doing to get through a chamber full of hash?
With this particular stuff, I’m doing 4, but I’m also not using a huge flame at the moment, just going for good flavour. Still lots of vapour this way but sometimes it depends on the quality of hash… it’s certainly not even close to the stuff everyone is using in Europe/ The Middle East but it’s pretty good. Some stuff will only get me 2 heats before it’s toast.

I finally had time (and everything else needed) to test the Anvil and though another small review doesn't hurt this thread.

Quite some time passed, since I used a butane vape the last time. Must be like 10 years ago. It was the Vaponic Glass vape. At one point it broke and I switched again to combustion (stupid me), only to rediscover vapes 4 years ago. But I went straight to electronic device and mostly portable session vapes.

After ditching combustion completely, I kinda noticed an urge for "quicker" hits. Taking your time on the Crafty/Mighty is nice, but not always preferable. So I started digging again, and spend quite some time deciding if I wanted to go with the Anvil or just a Dyna.

My decision felt on the Anvil, because I kinda liked the complete package. It looked a bit more durable and more "though through". But to be honest, the Dyna also didn't look bad. And I simply digged the looks of the Anvil, and all the positive reviews in here probably influenced me.

After receiving the Anvil, the first impression was a mix between "Great craftsmanship" and "It's less complicated than I though". The price tag is still huge, for what you get. But I have to admit, that my (2nd hand) unit was flawless, and producing the device in a non-asian country can probably make the price skyrocket.

The use of a good torch is mentioned often, so I went with the best I had at hand: The Ronxs 3-flame lighter. The inner flame a tad shorter than the oven's length. I started with the half bowl, and filled it very lightly with some fine grinded herbs. Not packed at all.

The 3 flames of the Ronxs don't concentrate on one point, so I pointed 2 flames on the bottom ring (at the end of the oven) and the third flame a bit higher. The Anvil clicked around the 18-20 sec mark. The second click is definitely noticeable. Doing some dry hits beforehand helped a lot. The airflow felt great, and the herbs had some nice, light roast. I went with a second heat cycle more up the oven and was able to extract the rest easily.

Over the evening I started to experiment a bit with the half bowl and different heating/airflow settings. The anvil wasn't that hard to understand and by no means complicated. Didn't had trouble with any combustion at all. Just be careful with too fast re-heating if you want to give it another try.

But I noticed, that reheating wasn't even needed after you found your "desired roast spot". It's really nice to see, how great you can adjust the roast, simply by going up or down the oven and getting the same result every time you use that spot. The anvil is indeed really consistent! I settled on 1 flame on the oven's ring (the battery ring) and 2 flames on the top of the oven (like I said, the flames of the Ronxs are a bit separated, so this is possible simply by holding the lighter a bit rotated). I needed ~25 seconds in that position and got some nice dark roast. Not completely RTL, but not much left.

I am a fairly lightweight taker. I don't do hits from bongs, didn't smoke in any way for years, ... but I still had no problem using the default mouthpiece as long as I would let the Air intake open and I was using the half bowl. Using the XL Bowl (also not packed, and maybe only 3/4 filled) on the other hand produces (of course) a lot more vapor. It was right on the edge for me. I guess I have to lower the roast with the XL one, or go with a different mouthpiece. The XL bowl felt more like a "Crafty" Bowl and hitted like one (but in one single convenient draw! :D). The half bowl is a nice microdoser. But I don't vape often, and mostly just on the weekends. So I am probably a bit lightweight.

Overall I am really glad that I got the Anvil. A fun, small device which I really like to use. It just feels nice and like a proper, quality product. In combination with the small Ronxs lighter and the travel case, I can even use it outside easily. I tend to do walks and simply enjoy some music. Cannot wait for the summer! ;) The only downside for me, is the high butane use. I probably burn through a whole lighter filling in a single evening... Probably have to take a look at some indution heaters next :D

Last edited:

Old_muel

Finally got my anvil dialled in perfect now, took me long enough, the lighters I had were ok but I always knew they just weren't quite powerful enough & a little more oomph would be needed so I got the Dremel versatip that was recommended here recently & it's a friggen beast, so much so in fact that I even used it to successfully plastic weld a crack in my polyethylene water tank haha, it has power to spare for anvil application.
So I took my anvil & a glass rig (& the Dremel) to an Australia Day pool party the other day which was full of bong smokers that had barely even heard of dry herb vaping before & the reception was expectedly pretty unenthusiastic as I explained what it was & proceeded to offer if anyone else wanted a go but one dude in particular seemed kinda intrigued by the concept, well maybe you can guess where this story goes but yeah ol mate has one & instantly is like "Holy fuck guys come over here you GOTTA try this fucken thing it's crazy!", & so another dude then has one & his eyes light up & jaw kinda drops a bit & is like "damn how can I get one of these?". And on that went lol turned out anvil was a big hit!

Petetbay

Sneaky Pete has the Anvil available in his Canadian store $310CDN, not available yet in the US store.

Top Bottom