Anvil by Vestratto

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

Here you go mate 👍

It's not like any kind of Moroccan or Lebanese btw, this is on another level (depending on the care taken by the producer)
Oh that, I like the authentic hash. This is more like something different lol. It is sold here as well but when I tried it it was nothing compared to the delicious full Moroccan flavors. Hard to beat.

Abele Rizieri Ferrari,
Reactions: Cheebsy

seki

I went to the oringstore.com to see if I could track down the o-rings listed for the WPAs and USA on the Sunday Post this week. I don't know anything about the heat ratings or what the numbers in the product name signify, but I think I found items that seem to be the appropriate size. I ended up looking at oringsandmore.com as well to find o-rings for the USA and snap rings for the WPA.

Just to clarify, I have not confirmed that these are the correct ones, just that they match the measurements as specified in the diagrams and colours of the ones I received. I will be placing an order for some to confirm.

o-rings1.jpg

1mm X 8mm V75 Fluorocarbon FKM O-Rings 75/80 Durometer Black

FKM O-ring 15 x 1.5mm (snap ring)

1.5mm X 11mm (NBR) Buna-N 70 Duro Metric O-Ring

1.5mm X 10mm (NBR) Buna-N 70 Duro Metric O-Ring

o-rings2.jpg

1mm X 8mm V75 Fluorocarbon FKM O-Rings 75/80 Durometer Black

FKM O-ring 15 x 1.5mm (snap ring)

1.5mm X 15mm (NBR) Buna-N 70 Duro Metric O-Ring

1.5mm X 14mm (NBR) Buna-N 70 Duro Metric O-Ring

o-rings3.jpg

FKM O-ring 5 x 1mm

FKM O-ring 6 x 1mm

FKM O-ring 8 x 1mm

I recently ordered a few more 14mm WPAs, one of them came with a different x-ring on the snap ring:
snapring3.jpg

snapring4.jpg

The new one might be a little easier to grip, will have to test it out of course.

Adding my :2c: to the hash discussion, I have been experimenting with hash at the bottom of the XL bowl method since it was brought up earlier in the thread. I've only used the kind that you can roll up into a ball with your fingers:
hash.jpg

I basically tamp this down flat to a pancake before putting it into the bowl. With my technique, I find it difficult to clear anything more than this in one hit. With anything more there usually will be a good amount left over, stuck to the bottom of the bowl but with the amount pictured I can poke at the clump after the session and it will crumble out of the bowl. I only go down this route occasionally though, the hash + 0.2g is usually a little too much for me on most days.

Last edited:

Arawfish

Green Thumb
I haven’t said much in this thread, but just thought I’d stop by and say that when I got the Anvil 2 months ago I had no idea it was going to barge in and become my favourite and most used device both at home and on the go.

I’ve been vaping for years, I’ve owned a lot of devices and had a fairly large collection that was piling up but I kid you not, a week with the Anvil and I sold off a large bulk of that collection.

I feel like I’ve finally found the best device for myself and how I like to enjoy this wonderful herb. Every bowl I have in this thing is just too pleasurable and satisfying. I’m to the point where I even leave my Toad at home (sorry Dan!) when I leave for work or Hikes. Haven’t touched any of my plug in desktops either!

Dare I say the VAS is gone? Sorta... I’m all about those wooden sleeves / sheaths now + the USA kit I have sitting here waiting for something super special.

Cheers y’all, thanks for reading.

I love bubble hash in my Anvil!

Ive been loading something I call "super bowls" in my XL when I am looking to get a little more medicated than normal.

It goes a little something like this...

Wax on the bottom of the XL bowl where there is that large metal contact area.

Then a thin layer of herb.

Then a layer of bubble hash

Then a layer of herb to top it off.

If you are tedious you can get multiple layers of herb and bubble hash.

Extracting these bowls in one enormous hit is truly special.

Yeah that sounds insane. The XL bowl with just herb through glass is already a lot for me. :lol:

Duba

Accessory Maker
I feel like I’ve finally found the best device for myself and how I like to enjoy this wonderful herb.
If it can reassure you I have been living the same thing....for 10 months now!:D
I don't have a big collection of vapes (the idea of collecting doesn't really speak to me) so I haven't resold much but the Anvil has put a lot of vapes in the closet, only my Fw7 is resisting the Anvil tornado.
I'm a bit worried about what you said about the Toad because I just chose mine...:\
we'll see, but what is certain is that thing is a monster!

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

Here you go mate 👍

It's not like any kind of Moroccan or Lebanese btw, this is on another level (depending on the care taken by the producer)
I was thinking about this. A was quick to dismiss this as not hash (which I still stand by :p), and while I didn't like itfor combustion back then, it might be nice to vaporize? Back when I tried this ice-o-lator is probably20 yr ago as well so shit might have advanced? (It lacked in flavor mostly back then, though some herb can be added of course.)

Abele Rizieri Ferrari,
Reactions: Easywider

Franco

is (most likely) vaping
I was thinking about this. A was quick to dismiss this as not hash (which I still stand by :p), and while I didn't like itfor combustion back then, it might be nice to vaporize? Back when I tried this ice-o-lator is probably20 yr ago as well so shit might have advanced? (It lacked in flavor mostly back then, though some herb can be added of course.)
It was forgotten for a while when oil/wax/shatter took over, but now they are back on track and quite trendy (again) in Amsterdam coffeeshops.
As for quality, it really depends on the hash maker. Also, try not to go too cheap if buying in a coffeeshop, or you'll probably end up with a 2nd or 3rd run. Top tier bubble hash is sold at about €100/gram nowadays (scary, I know).

Orvaxxx

Last time I smoked ice-o-later is also about 20 years ago and I was high as never before.

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
If you want to learn a bit more about the art of making bubble this thread is a compelling goldmine of information. You'll also get an idea of why it is so highly prized.

seki

I haven’t said much in this thread, but just thought I’d stop by and say that when I got the Anvil 2 months ago I had no idea it was going to barge in and become my favourite and most used device both at home and on the go.

I’ve been vaping for years, I’ve owned a lot of devices and had a fairly large collection that was piling up but I kid you not, a week with the Anvil and I sold off a large bulk of that collection.

I feel like I’ve finally found the best device for myself and how I like to enjoy this wonderful herb. Every bowl I have in this thing is just too pleasurable and satisfying. I’m to the point where I even leave my Toad at home (sorry Dan!) when I leave for work or Hikes. Haven’t touched any of my plug in desktops either!

Dare I say the VAS is gone? Sorta... I’m all about those wooden sleeves / sheaths now + the USA kit I have sitting here waiting for something super special.

Cheers y’all, thanks for reading.
While going over your post, I felt like it was something I already read. Not because you're repeating yourself, but I realized that this seems to have become a common refrain for a lot of Anvil users.

There's no question that some of it out there is hyperbole, but there's genuine enthusiasm for the device and it seems to me like once people get their hands on one, they realize that it's one of those rare cases where all the talk and excitement around the device feels justified or at the very least is understandable. All of the comparison talk seems to have slowed to a trickle now that it's been getting into more hands. I read into that as people coming to a consensus that other devices that are commonly compared just don't measure up favourably.

I'm with you on the VAS. I had a serious case and was averaging over a vape a month for the last 5 years or so. EntExchange going down in April has something to do with it, but since January the only new vapes I've purchased are Anvils or accessories like the WPA and USA:
vestratto-bits.jpg

This is actually everything minus my Founders Edition, which has been on semi-permanent loan.

I'm still interested in following the developments of other devices and don't think I've purchased my last vape, but I felt like all my bases had been covered once this one came along.

Last edited:

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
Contacted John several weeks back and suggested that he create a stem for native use with emphasis on cooling worthy of the great extraction oven that he engineered, rather than leave it to third party developers. Told him I was aware of his other projects in the works and would be patient.

His reply stated that it's already in development, and asked "if there was any particular feature I would like to see included." John has always welcomed respectful comments and suggestions that would make this amazing device even better. Now would be a good time to submit your ideas or suggestions for a new stem variant. I have no doubt the new stem when it arrives will rock! :rockon:

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
FYI for anyone not aware, the final day for free shipping on orders of $125 or more was supposed to be today, but John advised in yesterday's Sunday Post, going forward all orders of this value will receive free standard shipping. Good move Vestratto :tup:

For anyone purchasing today, you will still probably need to use the code 'freeshipoctober' to get free shipping.
*Edited for corrections & additional info.
:peace:

Last edited:

RedZep

Anyone with the WPA, how are you finding lack of airflow control? Do you find it is a big loss?

RedZep,
Anyone with the WPA, how are you finding lack of airflow control? Do you find it is a big loss?

I don’t think about it at all. I thought it might be too open since I was using my Anvil half open through water previously, but the airflow seems fine to me with the WPA.

I’ve also been using the integrated stem for native use, keeping it on the most restricted setting (small holes visible only). This is closest to the airflow range I used with the original stem. I did enjoy the full control offered by the OG stem, but the integrated stem is a lot less fussy so it’s a worthy trade off IMO.

Last edited:

Gdash

I have used the WPA exclusively since getting it. Airflow seems equivalent to a fully open Anvil/stem combo. I personally like it this way and haven't missed being able to restrict the airflow. Come to think of it, I like it so much that the only time I thought this was odd was when I first got it but never since.

Top Bottom