Anvil by Vestratto

vapebud

Don't follow me, I'm lost too..
After using it exclusively for a little under two weeks I thought I'd give my thoughts on the WPA.

Like others have mentioned before, maintenance is a breeze. I have to disassemble and clean my native stem units once every 3-4 days because I start to get reclaim dripping into my glass pieces, but with the WPA a quick wipe at the bottom of the joint every so often is much easier to do. Outside of the the occasional wiping of reclaim, I haven't felt the need to disassemble and clean since I started using it. By this point with the native stem I would have had to clean it at least once, most likely twice. So in that regard, I think it's worth it for the reduction in maintenance alone.
reclaim.jpg

Air flow is wide open and I generally use the native stem set the same way so it hasn't been a problem personally. I guess if more restriction is required, a drop-down/ash catcher, a whip or several pieces in conjunction can be used to get to your desired resistance level. Not ideal, but it will do the job I think.

Comparing it to the USA, it seems like it should be possible to adapt the airflow control it has to the WPA as well, at least on visual inspection. Maybe for v2?
airflow-compare.jpg

I’m not sure it needs it though. I’m admittedly biased because this is my preferred air flow setting, but it works fantastic as is imo.

This is more or less my use case too. I'm pretty sure this is how I'm going to be using the Anvil for the most part going forward. There definitely will be some native sessions, but I see the WPA featuring in the rotation heavily and basically supplanting the native stem.

I know you got a response but just as further confirmation, I ordered a WPA along with the USA during the first drop and I received my order with the silver snap ring so they've definitely been shipping them out at least as recently as October 5th when mine was dispatched.

Speaking of, the snap ring is actually one of the few issues that I do have with the WPA. None are show stoppers, they're mostly just things I'm unaccustomed to due to the change in form factor.

The ring stays cool and keeps heat away very well, but the exterior rubber portion is only about 3mm wide so it sometimes feels a little wobbly between my fingers as I'm lifting it out of the joint or just holding it.
snapring1.jpg

snapring2.jpg

The unit is very compact, but an added complication as a result is that there's naturally less surface area where you can safely grip the unit. Because of this, the aforementioned build up underneath starts to become a bit of an issue. It's great for ease of maintenance, but I find myself trying to avoid the hot oven on one end while also trying to prevent getting reclaim on my hands from the other. You always had to worry about the heat of course, but getting reclaim on my hands during use was never really a concern previously. Also playing into this is the larger 18mm joint making the whole thing a little bottom-heavy. I assume this won't feel as pronounced with the 14mm unit but as it is, I'm finding it a little awkward to handle. I’m also probably affected by the muscle memory I’ve developed from the countless native stem sessions I've had over the last 10 months.

In retrospect I think I would have preferred purchasing the 14mm unit with the Teflon adapter. Generally I prefer to use as few adapters and add-ons as possible, so if there's a solution that minimizes the need for one I'll usually explore that direction first for the sake of simplicity. In this case however, I'm not too crazy about the metal on glass contact. The o-rings create a perfect seal and reduce the amount of direct contact, but I don't think it's possible to eliminate it completely. Not a huge deal as my pieces are nothing special and I still plan on using the 18mm even after I purchase a 14mm unit going forward. It might be something to consider for people with expensive glass though. Besides that, I think the 14mm WPA will work really well with those Rio configurations using the native stems that were posted a few pages back.

All in all, it's a solid adapter and at the risk of sounding like even more of a shill I'd still say that the WPA kit represents pretty fantastic value on its own, but even more so when you consider other vapes in a similar price range like the IQC, Tera, VonG and Pax 3.

On a bit of a different note, this year my vapes are going to participate in Halloween. They've all decided to dress up as other vapes: Anvil is going as a Supreme, the VapCap as an Anvil and for some unknown reason, the Milaana is strangely confident that it makes a convincing Nomad.
costumes.jpg

I'm kicking myself for not thinking of setting up the USA heat test I did earlier with the unit connected to the Supreme stand like this in the first place. It would have been so much easier to perform the test and to record.

For anyone curious, I also tried using the VapCap tip on the Anvil body, only I used it with the XL mouthpiece and 2 intercoolers. It worked well and produced very comfortably cooled vapour, but I don't think it would be worth the effort to acquire the parts specifically to use with a VapCap. I had to cut a larger o-ring to size in order to get the tip to fit properly. It was a fun novelty, but ultimately is probably not really worth using regularly given the plethora of superior native options available for the VapCap.
Any chance you could post some photos of the wpa connecting to the Anvil? I don't know why but I can't figure out how to do it!
If I take the oven off and connect that directly, the air intake is wide open... is that correct?

vapebud,

seki

Any chance you could post some photos of the wpa connecting to the Anvil? I don't know why but I can't figure out how to do it!
If I take the oven off and connect that directly, the air intake is wide open... is that correct?

Air flow isn't adjustable, it can only be assembled in one way that's pretty much identical to the native stem with the wide open setting. If you're not attempting to adjust air flow, it sounds like you might be missing the condenser?
wpa-parts.jpg

Here's a close up of the unit assembled, you can see it in the middle section through the opening:
wpa-parts2.jpg

We did not officially announce a 0.5G like @RedZep said. We just asked if there was any interest for 0.5g capacity and we've been compiling suggestions and feedback.

Admin at Vestratto

Whoops, I may have mentioned it was forthcoming in my posts once or twice, apologies. I must have gotten my wires crossed. I'm very excited at the prospect of it but I have to be honest, I don't think it will appeal to many beyond a small niche. It's been my experience that most people are pretty happy with sub 0.2g loads, but I'm hoping it materializes nonetheless.

Last edited:

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

I find the wpa works nice with the open airflow even though I mostly had the stem (through water) at the reduced setting. But the USA offers some variance, right? So technically could pick one up and pair with @Ed's TnT dyna wpa.

E: oh and I asked Vaphotbox if he could
Make me a Anvil version of this: https://vaphotbox.com/products/vhb-switchblade?variant=40067384246350

PXL_20221017_225911747_1024x1024.jpg

Very affordable and crazy colors and color customization!

Old_muel

Anvil has landed & gotta say I'm pretty darn impressed, wow what an obviously well made device all tolerances are absolutely perfect & all the o-ring connections all fit & slide in & out buttery smooth, same as the thread on the oven/bowls it really does feel like a proper medical device. Used only a handful of times yet but thing that really shocks me is how quick it extracts, much different to the other similar devices where there's lag time from when you start pulling till it ramps up & starts producing thick vapor, not with this thing it just instantly starts smashing out thick vapor in somewhat of a quick burst, really does seem like the holy grail for snappy bong hits & pretty much the exact vaping experience I've been searching for ever since fucking combustion really. Full bowl seems just right for me & don't think I'll even bother trying the half for a bit, wish I'd got the xl instead or aswell now as they're both actually a bit smaller than expected. After not paying much attention last few years just signed up to what appears to actually now be a thriving quasi-legal medical scene here in Oz too, sooo fucking excited after living in the dark ages so long to now have access to proper strains n shit, and an anvil, these are good times my friends.

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

Since I decided to start using my Anvil more natively (or semi in USA kit's case) I've been looking to get my kit more portable (hence my interest in VHB Switchblade). Today I received a pen torch lighter I got for 11€ off Dutch Amazon:

It also fits great in my cases, especially the slightly bigger one

I have only used it for a couple heat cycles but so far it seems nice. The flame is powerful, heat up is quickly. Also it doesn't get too hot (didn't do back to back bowls though as I never do that anyway) and manufacturer says it's safe to use a minute continuously, which is more Than enough.

Full bowl seems just right for me & don't think I'll even bother trying the half for a bit, wish I'd got the xl instead or aswell now as they're both actually a bit smaller than expected.
I have the same as you, for me full bowl is perfect, except I got the XL bowl before I got the half bowl because I was more interested in the XL. Turns out the half bowl is more up my alley as I like it for native hits. The XL bowl was too large for me and I didn't get the idea I extracted more or better than with the full bowl.

RedZep

So I had some bud that in I was keeping with an integra boost packet. Bud got a little too moist when I went to use it last week. I had inconsistent results with Volcano Hybrid and TM2. Not getting enough clouds, and not seeing a proper full roast in the AVB.

To finish off what was in the grinder I used the Anvil 0.05 bowl, with torch, aiming for ride the line function.

No issues whatsoever. Perfect roast. Flavour had some terps, as well as the anvil RTL roast flavour I actually really like. Plenty of vapour.

Anvil keeps giving me more and more reasons it will always have a place in my line up.

coolbreeze

USA V2 arrived

got around to trying it out with different stems

this is my favourite-- elegant wood & glass combo:

and the USA gives life to my AfterShock micro stem which wouldn't have much use otherwise lol.
Slip a bud in there to catch the reclaim and you've reinvented this:
80089__35083.1570648750.jpg

Edit: Now that I think about it, it would work much better as it would be collecting reclaim instead of...black death. Roll it in some grinder hash for a moon rock of sorts.

Edit 2: Dang, I should get one of these and try it with the Vapo-bowl!

Last edited:

seki

My replacement condenser arrived today too. That electropolishing really makes the parts gleam:
usa-condenser.jpg

My @phattpiggie stem as well as Omnis fit perfectly now with the new condenser.
usa-pp.jpg

I also noticed that the condenser didn't arrive via Canada Post like other deliveries but looks like it was the same day delivery courier @Whiff posted about on the discord channel:
Screenshot-20221014-140641.jpg

I assume this also costs more than a standard CP package. I appreciate the generosity @Admin at Vestratto, thanks very much.

Admin at Vestratto

Company Rep
I also noticed that the condenser didn't arrive via Canada Post like other deliveries but looks like it was the same day delivery courier @Whiff posted about on the discord channel:
Screenshot-20221014-140641.jpg

I assume this also costs more than a standard CP package. I appreciate the generosity @Admin at Vestratto, thanks very much.
You are welcome! We've migrated our entire Toronto + GTA shipments to this new service. It's surprisingly similar costing to CP but same day or one day delivery vs. 2-3 day! Which in our opinion (hopefully yours as well) is about 100 times more cost effective - and we have a much better tracking infrastructure with these guys... to the point where we know the exact time our driver is coming to get your packages and when your parcels will be delivered to your doors.

It's a regular shipping option we will be using for all Toronto + GTA parcels going forward - because a lot of you guys live one "town" over from us and it shouldn't take 5 business days to got 10km.

As we expand and grow, we will keep offering more in-kind shipping services to everyone!

Admin at Vestratto

Edit: The Company is exapnding into KWC andd the Niagara/St. Catherines Region in the coming months so we will be updating the coverage areas for this option as they expand!

Last edited:

Admin at Vestratto

Company Rep
@Admin at Vestratto

Now that the integrated stem is out.... The USA adapter is out in it's 2nd iteration...

What's can we look forward to next from vestratto and the Anvil?
We've got the Forge aka. our IH in the works - let me ask the Boss if he's got another update for you all.

Other than that, I'm sworn to secrecy unfortunately - but I can tell you that we read everything you guys say, all the feedback etc. and take it all into serious consideration with what products we put out and what designs we prioritize

Admin at Vestratto

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
We've got the Forge aka. our IH in the works - let me ask the Boss if he's got another update for you all.

Other than that, I'm sworn to secrecy unfortunately - but I can tell you that we read everything you guys say, all the feedback etc. and take it all into serious consideration with what products we put out and what designs we prioritize

Admin at Vestratto
would the forge be battery powered?

ibnganja

You are welcome! We've migrated our entire Toronto + GTA shipments to this new service. It's surprisingly similar costing to CP but same day or one day delivery vs. 2-3 day! Which in our opinion (hopefully yours as well) is about 100 times more cost effective - and we have a much better tracking infrastructure with these guys... to the point where we know the exact time our driver is coming to get your packages and when your parcels will be delivered to your doors.

It's a regular shipping option we will be using for all Toronto + GTA parcels going forward - because a lot of you guys live one "town" over from us and it shouldn't take 5 business days to got 10km.

As we expand and grow, we will keep offering more in-kind shipping services to everyone!

Admin at Vestratto

Edit: The Company is exapnding into KWC andd the Niagara/St. Catherines Region in the coming months so we will be updating the coverage areas for this option as they expand!

yah that delivery service was great.

minute-by-minute updates for when the driver picked it up, and accurate ETA down to "30 minutes away" -- and I updated the instructions to have it left at my door. So no canada post BS where they don't get an answer and send it to the post office lol. Great experience.

ibnganja,

Admin at Vestratto

Company Rep

minute-by-minute updates for when the driver picked it up, and accurate ETA down to "30 minutes away" -- and I updated the instructions to have it left at my door. So no canada post BS where they don't get an answer and send it to the post office lol. Great experience.
Ya it's definitely a better experience than CP for sure, they are just so much more hands on with tracking and responding. Glad you had a great experience, we were very happy on our end with how the shipping process went and it is even better now that we are getting positive feedback from you guys!

Admin at Vestratto

Admin at Vestratto,

Arawfish

Green Thumb

Damn! That’s wicked. You east coasters, and especially those in the GTA, get all the cool stuff! I’m over here in back woods BC with my week + ship times haha. Though, I might have my USA by tomorrow which is pretty damn quick still.

Arawfish,
Reactions: ibnganja

Admin at Vestratto

Company Rep
Damn! That’s wicked. You east coasters, and especially those in the GTA, get all the cool stuff! I’m over here in back woods BC with my week + ship times haha. Though, I might have my USA by tomorrow which is pretty damn quick still.
We're working on getting a faster option for our West Coasters! The GTA just has so much population density that most of the smaller logistic companies are starting out here - but everyone is like "we are expanding Canada Wide". So hopefully soon!

Roffa

Just taking some time to sing the Anvil's praises. I keep meaning to post a photo of my own Anvil, in daily use since beginning of this year. It really shows how intensive my use of it is. Beyond "daily driver" really.
I started out with the user edition, bought an xl bowl and mouthpiece and the integrated stem. I use it every day to manage severe muscle spasms because of MS. I keep coming back to the signature of the Anvil and the efficient extraction. In my case it's excellent for micro-dosing (I tear off tiny nugs and vape those in the XL bowl)

I used to do a lot of ultra distance cycling and racing. Think of events like the Transcontinental Race. But the illness prevented me from doing any serious cycling for a good while: muscles too tight, or no tone, and a lot of pain.
I used the Anvil to get rid of the spasms and it worked. Did 2 extensive tours this year, in Belgium, Germany and France. Since I started using THC and CBD to manage my MS symptoms, it was only with the Anvil that I could seriously reduce muscle tension and pain.
And it's so efficient and easy to use in daily life. So grateful to John for developing it, because it really changed my life. Thank you, Team Vestratto.

Top Bottom